Siphoned Power is... good? Trait EXPLAINED

in Necromancer

Posted by: Holl.3109

Holl.3109

Hey guys, so lately I have just been wondering around the forums until I found this thread: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/necromancer/Siphoned-Power/first#post4229829

Everyone on that thread thought it only gives ONE stack, but it doesn’t… it gives Y stacks dependent upon Y hits.

The trait is explained in a lot more detail here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z66E6vYR7EY = also explains when/how to use and how much it affects…

Tip: use it while in DS… yes, it also works in DS.

Did this change your opinion on the trait? its very easy to stack might with and will definitely improve your DPS by quite a bit…
Lemme know what you think… (on the trait and the vid :p)

The trait in wiki: http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Siphoned_Power

All 80’s – PvP/WvW
My YouTube channel
Reapers gonna reap ¯\(°_°)/¯

(edited by Holl.3109)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

The triat may work in pve..

The video has nice music

54 infractions and counting because a moderator doesn’t understand a joke when he/she sees it.
E.A.D.

in Necromancer

Holl.3109

The video has nice music

haha thanks man! Genetic Bros is awesome

All 80’s – PvP/WvW
My YouTube channel

in Necromancer

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

The video has nice music

haha thanks man! Genetic Bros is awesome

No, he means the video is nothing but music. You linked the wrong video.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

in Necromancer

Holl.3109

oh kitten …
/char

All 80’s – PvP/WvW
My YouTube channel

in Necromancer

Posted by: Roe.3679

Roe.3679

Yes but it’s a 5 second stack and when you leave death shroud, you’re still in a lot of trouble. If they upped the duration and HP threshold it would be be a lot better.

Or just changed it entirely.

in Necromancer

Holl.3109

alright, put the right video in… was downloading something…. #_#

All 80’s – PvP/WvW
My YouTube channel

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rennoko.5731

Rennoko.5731

I think it is noteworthy you took the time to explain the trait. I don’t think it does anything to justify that it is really a very weak 25 point trait, and that attempting to use it in such a way that you allow yourself to get dropped low for the purposes of generating might is a great way to get bursted out of DS into dead.

You will die with a lot of might stacks, but you are still dead. Also using as your example something that multihits (like a downed necromancer spamming 1 ), has a much more pronounced effect then compared to a thief backstabbing you hard enough to generate 1-4 stacks of might before you drop out out of DS.

So the claim that it is very easy to stack might is only if you are willing to accept that you are now in the “danger zone” in pvp simply to boost your damage, and in PVE, there are not a lot of practical situations where it comes into play.

Also as others mentioned, the duration is so short that a good stunlock will leave that might with all but a few seconds left (or none) and then you with your under 25% HP when you go out of DS.

in Necromancer

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

Lol. 10/10

in Necromancer

Posted by: manveruppd.7601

manveruppd.7601

Even with a full LF bar you can’t last long enough for those might stacks to do you any good when you’re so low! Damage is too high, combat is too fast for anything that procs when you’re <25% health to be useful, unless it’s an invulnerability (see: Endure Pain, Self-Regulating Defences).

A bad necromancer always blames the corpse.

in Necromancer

Holl.3109

I think it is noteworthy you took the time to explain the trait. I don’t think it does anything to justify that it is really a very weak 25 point trait, and that attempting to use it in such a way that you allow yourself to get dropped low for the purposes of generating might is a great way to get bursted out of DS into dead.

You will die with a lot of might stacks, but you are still dead. Also using as your example something that multihits (like a downed necromancer spamming 1 ), has a much more pronounced effect then compared to a thief backstabbing you hard enough to generate 1-4 stacks of might before you drop out out of DS.

So the claim that it is very easy to stack might is only if you are willing to accept that you are now in the “danger zone” in pvp simply to boost your damage, and in PVE, there are not a lot of practical situations where it comes into play.

Also as others mentioned, the duration is so short that a good stunlock will leave that might with all but a few seconds left (or none) and then you with your under 25% HP when you go out of DS.

Well thank you!
In my tests I chose the necro downed state because he obviously hits a lot of times and in 7 1/4 seconds (duration with might runes) can hit ~25 times.
This trait will of coarse work better versus classes that hit a lot (mesmers [due to clones], ele, guardian, ranger, but this is all dependent on the build of coarse).
And yes versus thieves, warriors, etc this won’t do too much but it might (no pun intended) still be something.

I was more showing what it did, however, but thanks for your input.

All 80’s – PvP/WvW
My YouTube channel

in Necromancer

Posted by: manveruppd.7601

manveruppd.7601

easy to fix tbh:

increase health threshold to 33%
increase Might stacks to 5 and duration to 10"
introduce a 5" internal cooldown.

That way you can get hit while you’re running off to heal, and the Might hasn’t expired after you’ve come back to take your revenge. And the internal cooldown ensures you can’t just sit in DS and accumulate massive amounts of Might either.

A bad necromancer always blames the corpse.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Narkodx.1472

Narkodx.1472

Yeah… it is nice you made the video and all.

But if you actually think the Necro community did not understand the trait and extensively test it in the last two years… well no.

It has no place as a grandmaster minor in its current state

in Necromancer

Posted by: TheAgedGnome.7520

TheAgedGnome.7520

Thanks for explaining this trait – I never knew that it worked that way.

However, it is still a poor trait as it stands, since it requires that I must sustain against many more additional hits after already being depleted to under 25%.

A better version would be to immediately trigger all 25 stacks for 7-10sec upon reaching 25%, with an ICD of ~40-60 sec. That may give the necessary “burst” to make it worthwhile.

Or, just change the trait completely.
(Maybe: x% of Power is added to the Life force pool)

Stealth nerfs are the perfect fertilizer for mistrust.
PVE Power and Support Build

in Necromancer

Posted by: Tim.6450

Tim.6450

First the video showed the only way where it works well, when you are continously atacked by fast paced low damage attacks, where your health or DS doesn’t matter. Try this trait when the enemy hits 8K a hit.

I once posted why I think the trait is badly designed:

The trait is very strangely designed the idea lies that you are hit below 25% health which is unfortunaly not a good place to be as a necro. So it implies that is designed around the idea of being into DS but that doesn’t make sense either because either:
-you are stronger in DS, but why would you want to be hit? It just depletes your life force faster so you become weaker. Hell spamming life blast gives 15 seconds of 1 might traited so you get more might if you don’t get hit.
-you are weaker in DS, why would you want to be in DS? Damage migitation. But when the DS is empty you will still be at 25% health. So you hope to get a heal off cooldown which is better if your DS last longer.

In both cases getting hit is not a good idea, making the trait nearly useless.

EverythingOP

(edited by Tim.6450)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

Its useless because if you dont get bursted down when below 25% hp by the melee train or pickteam in wvw, you are already at 25 stacks from guardians and your own might stacking. Plus the might lasts a whole ~7.5 seconds with runes of strength.
Its completely worthless in wvw.

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

(edited by Stand The Wall.6987)

in Necromancer

Holl.3109

Yeah… it is nice you made the video and all.

But if you actually think the Necro community did not understand the trait and extensively test it in the last two years… well no.

It has no place as a grandmaster minor in its current state

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/necromancer/Siphoned-Power/first#post4229829

2 words. Read this…

than talk to me about who DID understand the trait other than yourself. I know some might already know but other people don’t and that is why i made it.
Plus, ive already gotten 3 responses saying that they didn’t know it worked that way.

All 80’s – PvP/WvW
My YouTube channel

in Necromancer

Holl.3109

Also, I never said that this was a good trait, that it helps me, that it is worth being a GM minor, etc. all I did was explain how it works
I too think it is not good.

glad I helped some people out though.

All 80’s – PvP/WvW
My YouTube channel

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rennoko.5731

Rennoko.5731

The necro community understands very little… And days later when this falls off the front page there will be people who don’t know this wandering around making incorrect comments.

People within the community know how it works, and comment on it off-hand about how awful it is and the community grabs onto the awful part without understanding WHY it is awful exactly.

It was a nice public service if anything to clarify, I think that was worthwhile.

That said you do come off in the video being a proponent of hte trait, which will get you flamed constantly.

in Necromancer

Holl.3109

The necro community understands very little… And days later when this falls off the front page there will be people who don’t know this wandering around making incorrect comments.

People within the community know how it works, and comment on it off-hand about how awful it is and the community grabs onto the awful part without understanding WHY it is awful exactly.

It was a nice public service if anything to clarify, I think that was worthwhile.

That said you do come off in the video being a proponent of hte trait, which will get you flamed constantly.

Everybody dislikes siphoned power, including me :p

All 80’s – PvP/WvW
My YouTube channel

in Necromancer

Posted by: Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

oh kitten …
/char

^^

54 infractions and counting because a moderator doesn’t understand a joke when he/she sees it.
E.A.D.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Flumek.9043

Flumek.9043

I laugh everytime someone “discovers” this limitited functionality that makes it almost not terrible,

only to realize its still total garbage after 2 seconds.

Its good that you make a teaching video.
Its just the trait is simply so bad, that theres no excuse for not warning the students about the end result

Edit: just saw it when i clicked back, please change tittle.

PvP guild [YUM] -apply- (EU) http://muffinspvp.shivtr.com/

in Necromancer

Posted by: Overkillengine.6084

Overkillengine.6084

The trait is a cool idea, but has a horrid execution due the realities the class labors under.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

Also, I never said that this was a good trait

uh its in the title? at least thats what people assume you mean with the … and ?

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

in Necromancer

Posted by: Roe.3679

Roe.3679

Also, I never said that this was a good trait, that it helps me, that it is worth being a GM minor, etc. all I did was explain how it works
I too think it is not good.

glad I helped some people out though.

Might want to change the thread title then, because it explicitly says the trait is good.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Azzer.8137

Azzer.8137

If Death Shroud was still working like it should (no overflow damage) then it would be a decent minor trait, but seeing as it’s grandmaster trait and that we do get overflow damage while in Death Shroud, yeah it makes the trait fairly useless.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Argon.1563

Argon.1563

Ive been running 30 in Spite for over a year, and I never knew this. ._. Thank you, I will now use this to go on a conquest through The Mists.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Burjis.3087

Burjis.3087

It requires extremely high skilled play to use this to a good extent. It’s best for situations when you get low against a downed enemy and jump into death shroud.
On zerker builds, the health threshold is too low for it to be worth the risk though and for condi builds, the life force build up is abysmal at best.

Give 1 or 2 seconds of fury along with the might and we’ll talk!

Everlasting Sacred Path [ESP] (www.espguild.com)

(edited by Burjis.3087)