So Anet WILL look into all professions ...

in Necromancer

Posted by: Xaylin.1860

Xaylin.1860

It’s annoying that Renewing Blast isn’t a bit easier to heal allies with, as that is really the trait’s only problem. The amount it heals sure isn’t. It’s placement is all right as well, really (a bit odd, but being in the same line as Vital Persistence and Unyielding Blast provides a nice 3-major trait synergy).

I have also suggested for a while that they change renewing blast so that it puts a debuff on the enemy which heals everyone who attacks it for X seconds.

That or make it AOE heal enemies around the foe you blast.

Either one would be a great improvement over trying to aim an attack so that it “might” pass through allies.

The easiest fix would probably be changing Unyielding Blast to add an small area effect to Life Blast (see Staff Ele Fire AA). As a result, you could area heal your allies when going for Renewing Blast.

Making it heal in an area by default wouldn’t work as long as Unyielding Blast causes Life Blast to pierce. This would be ridiculous in large scale fights (e.g. WvW).

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

It wouldn’t matter if it pierced as long as it had a max of people it could heal per cast.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Posted by: Xaylin.1860

Xaylin.1860

It wouldn’t matter if it pierced as long as it had a max of people it could heal per cast.

Coated Bullet on Engineers was nerfed because such a set up can cause a pseudo-cascade effect in large fights due to overlapping area effects. I hope ANet is smart enough not to make the same mistake twice.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Anchoku.8142

Anchoku.8142

I have been experimenting with other professions and have to laugh at Necromancer’s puny condition damage output. For example, Ranger is a total Pyro maniac with torch and a utility yielding almost continuous burning up-time for no investment.

Necromancer has to run scepter on MH or exploding minions for anything close to that much condition damage. Then there is Guardian…

I’m with the skeptics. The way I figure it, Necro will get some shiny thing for conditions and have bleeds janked to compensate before the shiny thing is deemed OP and nerfed to the ground.

Dhuumfire should be a master minor trait in Curses.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

I wish they made DS not remove your spectral skills, so when you’re getting zerged by a team your DS scales with the amount of people training you by triggering more spectral armor procs of life force.

Also wish it didn’t remove the utility bar and you could handle bundles in death shroud like the hammer in the colossus fractal.

I also hope they normalize life force gain so that the axe can generate life force with its autoattack, it’s pretty stupid that a class who knows you’re using axe can just double dodge your ghastly claws and proceed to starve you out of life force gain.

Also lich and plague need to not destroy minions or remove spectral effects.

Plague just needs to be made a more useful elite for pve.

Wells should have cd’s no longer than 25 seconds. Well of Power only seems weak because classes like ele/warrior/guardian can already fart boons with ease. Might stacking from fire fields needs a nerf anyways it’s way too strong relative to the other fields.

(edited by Zenith.7301)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

I wish they made DS not remove your spectral skills, so when you’re getting zerged by a team your DS scales with the amount of people training you by triggering more spectral armor procs of life force.

It hasn’t for like a year and a half now… There is an ICD on the life force gain for both Spectral Armor and Spectral Walk, though.

Also lich and plague need to not destroy minions or remove spectral effects.

It’s confirmed to be a bug that Plague and Lich Form destroy minions, but they don’t remove Spectral effects either.

Plague just needs to be made a more useful elite for pve.

High level Fractals outside of Dredge.

Wells should have cd’s no longer than 25 seconds. Well of Power only seems weak because classes like ele/warrior/guardian can already fart boons with ease. Might stacking from fire fields needs a nerf anyways it’s way too strong relative to the other fields.

I’d disagree on this Well of Suffering and Well of Corruption are fine where they are. Well of Power I could argue for a 5 second cooldown reduction (to 45 seconds). Well of Darkness should get cut to probably 35 seconds, though.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

in Necromancer

Posted by: Anchoku.8142

Anchoku.8142

I would like to see WoP and WoD ICD reduced, too. It would make WoB more feasible as main heal.

in Necromancer

Bhawb.7408

Afaik Plague and Lich had the “kill minions” added as a feature, and is no longer a “bug” in the true sense of it. It is intended, though that is incredibly stupid.

My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Afaik Plague and Lich had the “kill minions” added as a feature, and is no longer a “bug” in the true sense of it. It is intended, though that is incredibly stupid.

I could have sworn they said they were changing the tooltip to reflect reality as a warning while they worked out the bug.

Then never bothered working out the bug.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

in Necromancer

Bhawb.7408

They said that like 2 years ago, yeah. I remember being told recently that it isn’t a bug anymore, but now that I think back I’m not sure if I remember it right. But basically it was that no other professions lose their summons to transforms, we do because they decided to code it so that Lich/Plague kill them (not a bug).

My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

They always say it’s an unintended bug when they’re aware of it but don’t want to be bothered to make promises about fixing it.

It’s like dungeon and fractal bugs.

in Necromancer

Posted by: borrok.9267

borrok.9267

Taken From Angry Joes interview. Colin said the following:

“We’re also going back and looking at each profession and making adjustments to them, changing skills, rebalancing them.”

5 bucks say they kitten it up. Again.

Do you agree/disagree? What changes would you like to see to Necromancer (Skills/Traits, Cattimes/Aftercast-delay/Bugfixes/Cooldowns…) ?

Vamp signet 2.0

Teef master race

in Necromancer

Posted by: runeblade.7514

runeblade.7514

Taken From Angry Joes interview. Colin said the following:

“We’re also going back and looking at each profession and making adjustments to them, changing skills, rebalancing them.”

5 bucks say they kitten it up. Again.

Do you agree/disagree? What changes would you like to see to Necromancer (Skills/Traits, Cattimes/Aftercast-delay/Bugfixes/Cooldowns…) ?

How do I give you 5 bucks?

ANet kittened it up with this patch.

5x Warrior, 5x Ranger, 4x Elementalist, 4x Engineer,
4x Necromancer, 3x Mesmer, 4x Guardian, 4x Thief, 4 Revenant

in Necromancer

Bhawb.7408

Let’s be honest though, this downed state bug fix patch has made Power Necro better in PvP than it ever has been. If only we didn’t drain HP while in downed state we’d probably have a niche in PvE simply by dying and spamming 1.

My PvP Minion Build