So Reaper Buffs reworks confirmed ?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Zoltreez.6435

Zoltreez.6435

I heard they reworking the entire Spite trait line

And also some of the Reaper trait line to move it away from condi back to power where it originaly was intended to be.

sadly no specific infos about these yet…..

soooo Buffs Confirmed ? this alone got me hyped for the expansion lol

-Stellaris
-Total War: Warhammer
-Guild Wars 2

in Necromancer

Posted by: Hesacon.8735

Hesacon.8735

We’ll know in 14 1/2 hours.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Crinn.7864

Crinn.7864

They are probably just refitting core traitlines to work with the new elites. This could be a buff or a nerf, it’ll probably break some existing builds and require some new theorycrafting.

Sanity is for the weak minded.
YouTube

in Necromancer

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

So long as Soul Comprehension goes into the dumpster where it belongs…

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

in Necromancer

Posted by: Dadnir.5038

Dadnir.5038

Rework spite? Why spite? There sure is a few traits that are a bit… hummm… weak in this traitline but other traitlines are not short on that either.

While I agree with you on this trait, I doubt that such a thing will happen on this update. This trait does not impact scourge any more than it impact any other spec so there is no reason to modify it.

No core profession should be balanced around an optional elite specialization.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Oslaf Beinir.5842

Oslaf Beinir.5842

I only hope they do not butcher spite line because of scourge’s Nourishing Rot and Feed from Corruption

what they could do is give it the Virtue of Justice treatment where its effect changes based on weather you have DH equipped or not but instead this would work on traits that affect boon removal/corrupt in spite to affect their effectiveness while scourge is equipped

Get In The Van Yo[PR] -Play on Far Shiverpeaks/Gunner’s Hold/Vabbi

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140

in Necromancer

Posted by: Oslaf Beinir.5842

Oslaf Beinir.5842

Amen

Get In The Van Yo[PR] -Play on Far Shiverpeaks/Gunner’s Hold/Vabbi

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140

in Necromancer

Posted by: Dravyn.4671

Dravyn.4671

And also some of the Reaper trait line to move it away from condi back to power where it originaly was intended to be.

Man I hope not. Power builds are boring.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kam.4092

Kam.4092

We are getting a Condi Elite in Path of Fire… Reaper was supposed to be Power…

in Necromancer

Dravyn.4671

Says who? Looks like it was built to be a hybrid to me, and I like it just the way it is. I see no reason to change it.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Fatalyz.7168

Fatalyz.7168

Says who? Looks like it was built to be a hybrid to me, and I like it just the way it is. I see no reason to change it.

Said the person who created it, Robert Gee. He even said in the original stream announcement of Reaper that it was power focused.

With Scourge being designed to be condi-centric, it makes sense for Reaper to be power-centric.

in Necromancer

Dravyn.4671

Said the person who created it, Robert Gee. He even said in the original stream announcement of Reaper that it was power focused.

With Scourge being designed to be condi-centric, it makes sense for Reaper to be power-centric.

So it was meant to be a power spec, but it has been a hybrid spec for almost two years? If it had been power from the beginning, fine, but people have built their classes and characters a certain way. I can understand nerfing or buffing, but completely changing a spec from one thing to another is a bad idea.

Besides, can’t people play it as Power right now anyway? They need to leave the chill condition components alone for the condi players that have incorporated Reaper into their build.

(edited by Dravyn.4671)

in Necromancer

Posted by: sylvnfox.7086

sylvnfox.7086

So it was meant to be a power spec, but it has been a hybrid spec for almost two years? If it had been power from the beginning, fine, but people have built their classes and characters a certain way. I can understand nerfing or buffing, but completely changing a spec from one thing to another is a bad idea.

Besides, can’t people play it as Power right now anyway? They need to leave the chill condition components alone for the condi players that have incorporated Reaper into their build.

fyi, anet changed deathly chill after HoT released to improve the traits damage then silly players used it for something it wasn’t intended for so anet has to go back and fix their fix

A shadow of darkness falls, there is nothing you can do but watch.
The clear blue sky turns a dark sickening green and swirls with corruption.
A dark laugh of evil echo’s in your mind!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sephylon.4938

Sephylon.4938

Might I point you to this for more info about the history of deathly chill. As far as I can remember the nerfs to it were due to outcries from pvp that perma chill reapers were “too strong” and so anet looked for ways to balance a class with 1 gimmick, which ended up with a version of it that did basically nothing (1 stack bleed per chill), then it ended up being condi we have now (though still basically nothing in pvp). Hopefully anet learned from that incident, we’ll see soon enough.

in Necromancer

Fatalyz.7168

Reaper was always designed to be power bruiser from the beginning. Power reaper just did not have competitive DPS, because of the one major DPS trait in the spec, benefited from condi. So, players figured out how to make a condi build work.

People can play power reaper right now, but it is extremely underpowered in the DPS department, and is underwhelming in most other parts. The biggest change is anticipated for Deathly Chill to be reworked to scale off of Power (as well as changes to the Spite line), hopefully bringing Power Reaper up to a competitive level. With that change, it will kill Condi reaper dps.

Condi reaper will most likely still work, but it’ll be a lot like power reaper is now. Fun to play in open world and serviceable, but not really competitive with anything.

in Necromancer

Dravyn.4671

That’s the point, I don’t see how killing a playstyle is good for the game in any way.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kam.4092

Kam.4092

That’s the point, I don’t see how killing a playstyle is good for the game in any way.

If you are wanting to play Condi Necro, then play Scourge in the expansion.

in Necromancer

Fatalyz.7168

This won’t even be the first time it has been done.

Right before HoT launched, the released the specializations. Remade trait lines. This killed quite a few playstyles completely. This is necessary to maintain the balance that the devs wish to pursue. While losing a playstyle you enjoy sucks, it is sometimes better for the long term health of the game. Granted, it might end up not being the best for the long term health of the game, but they can’t just leave things and never touch them. Esp even more so when they are not matching the vision that it was designed for. It sucks just as much to be sold on a playstyle (power/bruiser), when in fact it turns out it was better designed for condi.

in Necromancer

Dravyn.4671

Nah I only leveled a necro for Reaper, I have zero interest in Scourge