So i tried glass cannon necromancer and ...

in Necromancer

Posted by: Pizz.3698

Pizz.3698

I almost stopped reading after you said thieves dont burst anyone down with pistols or shortbow.

You might be able to burst someone down with p/p and haste, but it’s nothing compared to d/d. And short is just rofl… if you get bursted down by a shortbow thief you’Re bad. The only way to achieve this is to spam cluster bomb and it’s only effective in super short range and even then it’s not even worth it.

Piiz

in Necromancer

Posted by: Salt.6794

Salt.6794

I almost stopped reading after you said thieves dont burst anyone down with pistols or shortbow.

You might be able to burst someone down with p/p and haste, but it’s nothing compared to d/d. And short is just rofl… if you get bursted down by a shortbow thief you’Re bad. The only way to achieve this is to spam cluster bomb and it’s only effective in super short range and even then it’s not even worth it.

Dagger is obviously the highest potential burst but p/p burst is still crazy hasted. Clusterbomb spam from a full glass thief is nothing to scoff at. Obviously not a 1v1 tactic but it’s nice in group fights with too much aoe.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Leadfoot.9071

Leadfoot.9071

Dagger is obviously the highest potential burst but p/p burst is still crazy hasted. Clusterbomb spam from a full glass thief is nothing to scoff at. Obviously not a 1v1 tactic but it’s nice in group fights with too much aoe.

I think his point was that clusterbomb spam is only effective if the thief is right on top of you because otherwise you can go make a sandwich come back and still have time to get out of the things way.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sheobix.8796

Sheobix.8796

A thief with 30/30/x build in total dexked out berserker swag with orbs… p/p haste becomes the nubkiller build. Instant destruction. I have an 80 berserker thief that i only log into to troll with. And spamming cb is just lazy troling fun. Run into zerg, 222222222, profit. Lol.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Avigrus.2871

Avigrus.2871

Even at level 50 in WvW, my thief’s dual pistols + haste does big damage…

80 Necro (5), 80 Guard (4), 80 Mesmer (3)
80 Ranger (3), 80 Warrior (3), 80 Thief (3)
80 Ele (2), 80 Engi (3), 80 Rev (2)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Copenhagen.7015

Copenhagen.7015

Perhaps your expectations are too high.

Conditions: not underwhelming. Perhaps you’re doing it wrong.
Tanky/damage: no problem here either, 2nd or 3rd tankiest class in the game.
Vampiric: Could be better but definitely not underwhelming.

Post video or all what you are saying is simply pathetic. Perhaps you are doing something wrong with other classes when you say necro is in the top tank class.

Conditions: I can put more and quicker conditions with a ranger/warrior than a necro.
Tanky: any other class can beat this crap. Engi/warrior/guardian/D.D ele/ranger.
Vampiric: LOL, not going to even comment on that.

The class is simply bad, it needs a revamp. I tried all the other classes and it is far much better in terms of balance than the necro (i do enjoy the necro/mesmer the most though).

Oh and p.s – Engi also have the right to complain, they are on the same boat as us. But at least they got a good bunker build.

What I say is pathetic because you did a couple hot joins and got your kitten pushed in. You should start with using your key binds instead of clicking. I have an 80 Thief, Warrior, Guardian, Necro, and 40 Engi. When you say you try other classes, you should do more than play around in the mists at level 2.

in Necromancer

Posted by: LanceKing.3017

LanceKing.3017

i found the glass cannon build is quite supportive to my group when we do dungeons. Even though it doesn’t help with my survivability nor my output damages but the vulnerability stacks benefit other players in my group. So yeah it’s only good when go against boss, not so good when getting to the boss.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Zonzai.2341

Zonzai.2341

ANet, why is axe auto attack so bad? Why did you feel you had to nerf it so badly?

Is it a mesmer? Is it a ninja (er thief)? Is it a guardian? No? NERF IT! MAKE IT SUCK!

I’m pretty sure their (lack of) logic goes something like that.