So i tried glass cannon necromancer and ...

in Necromancer

Posted by: LanceKing.3017

LanceKing.3017

I tried my glass cannon build for necromancer yesterday and it doesn’t make sense to me. I use combo of axe and warhorn, hopefully to get more dmg from vulnerability and yet my attack is not even equal to a guardian who has 500 attack and 50% crit dmg lower than me. Can some one explain this ?

(edited by LanceKing.3017)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kravick.4906

Kravick.4906

Axe auto attack is bad. Very bad. If you want to do damage as a power necro, use dagger main hand. The only reason anyone would use axe is for the #2 ability as a finisher or the #3 ability at the start of a fight when you have multiple opponents (the retaliation stacks its duration per target hit). Never stay in axe long enough to use its auto attack. Its extremely bad.

Stuff goes here.

in Necromancer

LanceKing.3017

Axe auto attack is bad. Very bad. If you want to do damage as a power necro, use dagger main hand. The only reason anyone would use axe is for the #2 ability as a finisher or the #3 ability at the start of a fight when you have multiple opponents (the retaliation stacks its duration per target hit). Never stay in axe long enough to use its auto attack. Its extremely bad.

Further more evidences. I hope ArenaNet will read this . Pics 1 and 2 are from my necromancer. Pics 3 and 4 are from my guardian friend

Attachments:

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kravick.4906

Kravick.4906

Not only that, but your guardian is capable of hitting up to THREE targets with his weapon at that damage.

ANet, why is axe auto attack so bad? Why did you feel you had to nerf it so badly?

Stuff goes here.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Zedekiel.3021

Zedekiel.3021

I recommend not using the axe, as its auto attack is rather lackluster; even with vulnerability, it’s damage output is low. If you are set on axe, 30/15/0/0/25 with Axe Training, Unyielding Blast, and Reapers Might is about as good as youre going to get (imo). Pop into DS while Axe2 is on cooldown will allow you to more reliably stack vuln while stacking might on yourself rather than Axe1. The damage increase from Axe Training is also carried into DS, so thats nice. The only problem is, you’re going to be lacking in the LF generating categories.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Akame.1073

Akame.1073

I tried my glass cannon build for necromancer yesterday and it doesn’t make sense to me. I use combo of axe and warhorn, hopefully to get more dmg from vulnerability and yet my attack is not even equal to a guardian who has 500 attack and 50% crit dmg lower than me. Can some one explain this ?

i have no idea if its for pvp or pve , but if its for pve try this, its a build im curentlly working on :
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fQEQNAW3djMaV6ZaiaM8JApCXD9IXdrl6h7ljOA;T8Ag0ynEOJdS9kyJqcM5IyxmjLHZOLRGishA

basically full zerker with might stacking & the numbers are making me very happy , you might want to swich well of darknes for blood is power (10 stacks of might) althow i find blindnes more effective.

in Necromancer

LanceKing.3017

i have no idea if its for pvp or pve , but if its for pve try this, its a build im curentlly working on :
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fQEQNAW3djMaV6ZaiaM8JApCXD9IXdrl6h7ljOA;T8Ag0ynEOJdS9kyJqcM5IyxmjLHZOLRGishA

basically full zerker with might stacking & the numbers are making me very happy , you might want to swich well of darknes for blood is power (10 stacks of might) althow i find blindnes more effective.

That’s exactly what i currently have . The only different is that i use superior rune of eagle to get more precision

in Necromancer

Posted by: Brujeria.7536

Brujeria.7536

Further more evidences. I hope ArenaNet will read this . Pics 1 and 2 are from my necromancer. Pics 3 and 4 are from my guardian friend

LOL, also note how many invulnerability stacks the necro screenshot has. Its so sad that several autoattacks are stronger then our actual “burst” skill.

in Necromancer

LanceKing.3017

LOL, also note how many invulnerability stacks the necro screenshot has. Its so sad that several autoattacks are stronger then our actual “burst” skill.

Wasted 100g on that build . ANet i want a refund

in Necromancer

Brujeria.7536

I know that feel, i have around 4 or 5 necro builds in PVE, complete with armor, weapons, trinkets, trying to find something the necro excels at – but there is nothing.

- Burst: underwhelming
- Conditions: underwhelming
- Tanky/support/heal: underwhelming
- Tanky/damage: underwhelming
- Minions: underwhelming
- Vampiric: underwhelming

in Necromancer

Posted by: Akame.1073

Akame.1073

@LanceKing dont get eagle , you get enough crit chance from gear ; instead raw power its beter ,25 stack vul + 25 stack might hurt , hurt alot

in Necromancer

Posted by: TheAgedGnome.7520

TheAgedGnome.7520

Stealth nerfs are the perfect fertilizer for mistrust.
PVE Power and Support Build

in Necromancer

LanceKing.3017

@LanceKing dont get eagle , you get enough crit chance from gear ; instead raw power its beter ,25 stack vul + 25 stack might hurt , hurt alot

Aww but i don’t want to swap 25g worth of runes >.< .Thanks though

in Necromancer

Posted by: Copenhagen.7015

Copenhagen.7015

I know that feel, i have around 4 or 5 necro builds in PVE, complete with armor, weapons, trinkets, trying to find something the necro excels at – but there is nothing.

Perhaps your expectations are too high.

Conditions: not underwhelming. Perhaps you’re doing it wrong.
Tanky/damage: no problem here either, 2nd or 3rd tankiest class in the game.
Vampiric: Could be better but definitely not underwhelming.

We simply don’t burst, and minion builds are so-so when the AI cooperates. Never tried support heals. Perhaps Necromancer is not for you.

in Necromancer

Brujeria.7536

We simply don’t burst, and minion builds are so-so when the AI cooperates. Never tried support heals. Perhaps Necromancer is not for you.

We are the “atrittion” based class. Yet the most “atrittion” thing we have are bleeds. And Eles for example have better bleeds and can cause constant burning. That really is underwhelming dont you think?

And Vampiric is not much more then a healing spec most of the time, a guardian for example can do that 3 times better – yet alone his Dodgeroll can heal for more then our entire Vampiric setup.

Even if we dont burst, what do we have left? Conditions and normal, sustained damage, both at we are being weaker then other classes.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kill.6973

Kill.6973

Post video or all what you are saying is simply pathetic. Perhaps you are doing something wrong with other classes when you say necro is in the top tank class.

Conditions: I can put more and quicker conditions with a ranger/warrior than a necro.
Tanky: any other class can beat this crap. Engi/warrior/guardian/D.D ele/ranger.
Vampiric: LOL, not going to even comment on that.

The class is simply bad, it needs a revamp. I tried all the other classes and it is far much better in terms of balance than the necro (i do enjoy the necro/mesmer the most though).

Oh and p.s – Engi also have the right to complain, they are on the same boat as us. But at least they got a good bunker build.

(edited by Kill.6973)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Dakiaris.2798

Dakiaris.2798

I main a axe build…. The issue with the no.1 I keep saying over and over is the lack of a chain attack….. It shouldn’t deal nearly as much damage as a melee weapon because IT’S NOT MELEE. It’s a 600 ranged weapon…. Honestly they need to up the range to 900 just to make people stop crying about it….. The damage is fine honestly it’s just the range and lack of chain on no.1 which I made a suggestion about awhile back… The post is here https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/necromancer/Suggestions-for-the-axe/first#post911572

The lack of cleave isn’t that bad because we have utilities we can use for heavy aoe situations if we need heavy aoe damage….

And to the guy who said vampiric is not much more then a healing spec needs to realize that other classes while they can heal the heal they gain isn’t dealt as damage to the target… 25-37 unmitigated damage doesn’t seem like much but with rapid attacks this adds up very quickly and does stack with regen. Think of it like the direct damage version of bleed….. Because with the axe no.2 it looks like bleed ticks coming off of the target.

in Necromancer

Posted by: florent.6975

florent.6975

And necro can use epidemic, to share all the condition from on foe to his friends

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sheobix.8796

Sheobix.8796

Post video or all what you are saying is simply pathetic. Perhaps you are doing something wrong with other classes when you say necro is in the top tank class.

Conditions: I can put more and quicker conditions with a ranger/warrior than a necro.
Tanky: any other class can beat this crap. Engi/warrior/guardian/D.D ele/ranger.

The class is simply bad, it needs a revamp. I tried all the other classes and it is far much better in terms of balance than the necro (i do enjoy the necro/mesmer the most though).

Oh and p.s – Engi also have the right to complain, they are on the same boat as us. But at least they got a good bunker build.

Search the following terms in the forums: zintair critmancer, how to hit like a truck, juggermancer, mr.freeze.

I think you probably have recently just hit a roadblock and decided to complain on the forums. Please read the listed threads.

in Necromancer

Kill.6973

Search the following terms in the forums: zintair critmancer, how to hit like a truck, juggermancer, mr.freeze.

I think you probably have recently just hit a roadblock and decided to complain on the forums. Please read the listed threads.

And i think you just go back to PvE. I’m talking about pvp here.

Have you even tested out your “juggermancer” build in tPVP? Please do and then come back.
Hitting like a truck? Try hitting people with those wells verses people who actually know how to dodge the dagger immobilize.
Mr.freeze? never heard of it but im guessing it has to do with chill. I tried a chill build, it is team focused though.

The only good thing about necromancers is condition builds. But then again like i said, i can put better ones with my ranger and maybe a warrior. And im not sure what you are trying to point out with those builds you posted, all of them are pretty much useless in pvp.

(edited by Kill.6973)

in Necromancer

LanceKing.3017

I have all the gears for all those build, personally i like your juggermancer build the most because of high survivability ( im doing fractal with that build) . I wanted to try the glass cannon build to see how ridiculously weak it is compared to other classes. Sure we can work around to make the build better but you gotta agree that necromancer axe needs some serious improvements.

in Necromancer

Sheobix.8796

Have you even tested out your “juggermancer” build in tPVP? Please do and then come back.
Hitting like a truck? Try hitting people with those wells verses people who actually know how to dodge the dagger immobilize.
Mr.freeze? never heard of it but im guessing it has to do with chill. I tried a chill build, it is team focused though.

I am not just talking about pve, and i do in fact test my builds in pvp.

If you’re going to complain on a public forum, act prideful, and refuse to take advice, you only succeed to make yourself look ignorant.

If you paid attention to actual posts in threads instead of just glancing at the OPs, you might learn a few things.

If you don’t even practice enough to know how to fear, snare, or immobilize someone in a well bombing move, you shouldn’t be making claims as if you have the experiencd to dismiss the validity of such builds.

You’ve never heard of the mr.freeze build so obviously you havent even tried to search before you posted, never run an attrition based control build, and you try to minimize its viability saying “its meant for team play” when you are asking for pvp advice.

If nothing pleases you and you do not wish to learn on a forum, you can go play another class.

in Necromancer

Kill.6973

If you’re going to complain on a public forum, act prideful, and refuse to take advice, you only succeed to make yourself look ignorant.

If you paid attention to actual posts in threads instead of just glancing at the OPs, you might learn a few things.

If you don’t even practice enough to know how to fear, snare, or immobilize someone in a well bombing move, you shouldn’t be making claims as if you have the experiencd to dismiss the validity of such builds.

You’ve never heard of the mr.freeze build so obviously you havent even tried to search before you posted, never run an attrition based control build, and you try to minimize its viability saying “its meant for team play” when you are asking for pvp advice.

If nothing pleases you and you do not wish to learn on a forum, you can go play another class.

Take advice from you? I know people who do tpvp on a daily basis, i take advice from them on how to improve, not from a pve hero.
I saw what other classes are capable, and whenever you said “search up those builds” i know they are fail verses people who actually know what they are doing.

In pvp it all comes down to being a conditionmancer. But show me a tPVP to prove me otherwise. Other than that please don’t lecture me about pvp anymore.

On the bright side ill take your advice during pve, cheer up.

in Necromancer

Sheobix.8796

When people post ultimatums against others because they want a video on how to be the best, it pisses me off.

Its extremely evident to me that you have not played this class for very long and you only seek to flame every attempt to provide valid claims about this class.

We have the highest hp base in game, shared by warriors.
We have the highest potential static toughness for a caster class.
We have 3x the benefit from vitality and toughness than all the other classes.
We have elites than can give us 52% crit chance, or +1200 toughness, and nearly 49k hp at best.

If you haven’t tried to use any of those things, i only pity you for the hours you have wasted trying to build a glass cannon expecting it to work like any other easybutton build.

in Necromancer

Sheobix.8796

I have all the gears for all those build, personally i like your juggermancer build the most because of high survivability ( im doing fractal with that build) . I wanted to try the glass cannon build to see how ridiculously weak it is compared to other classes. Sure we can work around to make the build better but you gotta agree that necromancer axe needs some serious improvements.

Axe needs a lot of help. I avoid it like the plague.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Dakiaris.2798

Dakiaris.2798

Kill I’m not going against you but on the forums 99% of the posts are pve or wvw people that’s why every build is that way… t/s pvp builds don’t really exist outside of aoe condition/well area denial builds because the only suggestions they get are for pve… Suggestions that players make for pvp get completely brushed under the rug and if it’s something that would work for both it REALLY gets shot down by the community…

Honestly I don’t see the class improving all I can do is keep playing and hope to god that a.net does something good sooner or later for the class… I don’t like being stuck into a condition only role for pvp when I was able to do direct damage back in the beta weekends… In pve and wvw I can get away with my axe build just because I can mix stats and make a much more powerful build then I can in s/t pvp.

tl/dr
Stats in pvp need to be mixable not just all on a neck and then runes.. It limits the build options immensely.

in Necromancer

Sheobix.8796

Take advice from you? I know people who do tpvp on a daily basis, i take advice from them on how to improve, not from a pve hero.
I saw what other classes are capable, and whenever you said “search up those builds” i know they are fail verses people who actually know what they are doing.

In pvp it all comes down to being a conditionmancer. But show me a tPVP to prove me otherwise. Other than that please don’t lecture me about pvp anymore.

On the bright side ill take your advice during pve, cheer up.

If you only think im a pve hero, that’s your judgement. If you take advice from such great daily pvpers, obviously you should be omgwtfpwner good by now. Just saying, if you dont think you can get anything useful from studying a few builds (two of which you ignored, roflmfao) then you’re truly missing out.

in Necromancer

Kill.6973

Kill I’m not going against you but on the forums 99% of the posts are pve or wvw people that’s why every build is that way… t/s pvp builds don’t really exist outside of aoe condition/well area denial builds because the only suggestions they get are for pve… Suggestions that players make for pvp get completely brushed under the rug and if it’s something that would work for both it REALLY gets shot down by the community…

Honestly I don’t see the class improving all I can do is keep playing and hope to god that a.net does something good sooner or later for the class… I don’t like being stuck into a condition only role for pvp when I was able to do direct damage back in the beta weekends… In pve and wvw I can get away with my axe build just because I can mix stats and make a much more powerful build then I can in s/t pvp.

tl/dr
Stats in pvp need to be mixable not just all on a neck and then runes.. It limits the build options immensely.

Ya, i agree with you. I don’t know why i even bothered arguing with a person who doesn’t focus on pvp.

p.s – he is still attacking me look at the posts above. Moving along now lol.

in Necromancer

Sheobix.8796

tl/dr

This is a pretty accurate view of the content he’ll find on these forums.
The one thing people can learn from the builds hidden away here though are the different strengths each build works with. Only posting to tell people everything they say is invalid because they don’t have hours of narcissistic footage is extremely irksome.

in Necromancer

Sheobix.8796

tl/dr

Ya, i agree with you. I don’t know why i even bothered arguing with a person who doesn’t focus on pvp.

p.s – he is still attacking me look at the posts above. Moving along now lol.

I do focus on pvp buddy.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Poplolita.2638

Poplolita.2638

1. First of all, he said the 2nd- 3rd tankier class in the game which, indeed, is the truth. Guardian-Ele-Necro. He didn’t say it was the top.

2. With epidimic, and the amount of control necro has over conditions, they are hands down the best condition class in the game. The fact you even included condition warrior in your comparison does say a lot about your pvp experience…

3. Condition necromancer are one of the best 1v1 profession in the game if properly used; keep in mind I’m talking about skill capped condition necromancer.

4. It’s true.

5. Necromancer doesn’t need a revamp, they are balanced. Not op, not up, just that… balanced. Pet, drain/vampiric and burst builds, in the other hand, need to be fixed.

in Necromancer

Kill.6973

2. With epidimic, and the amount of control necro has over conditions, they are hands down the best condition class in the game. The fact you even included condition warrior in your comparison does say a lot about your pvp experience…

3. Condition necromancer are one of the best 1v1 profession in the game if properly used; keep in mind I’m talking about skill capped condition necromancer.

4. It’s true.

5. Necromancer doesn’t need a revamp, they are balanced. Not op, not up, just that… balanced. Pet, drain/vampiric and burst builds, in the other hand, need to be fixed.

Um…what point are you trying to prove? Trying to say im wrong on something?

I did say, if you read the posts above, that necromancers are only conditions and that they do well in at that. So all what you just said pretty much proved my point, i guess thanks.

Yes i could put out more conditions on a rifle warrior with quickness, same goes with a ranger. What you are saying is AoE conditions with epidemic, that’s different from a single target, with AoE a necro wins. Single target i whip out tons of conditions with a ranger/warriors.

Ranger: lolspam #1 shortbow
Warrior: quickness rifle #1, full bar —-→sword immobilize F1 skill.

Necromancer sure as hell need a revamp. Note that a class mechanics is everything about a class. They aren’t OP nor broken, however that Death shroud needs to be looked at into something else, it is simply not working.

Necro are balanced in a way that we can only use one build in pvp, conditionmancer, other than that well post a video or something in tpvp because i have seen non so far.

in Necromancer

Poplolita.2638

@Kill
You only had had one accurate point. Necromancer’s only viable build is condition, I’ll give you that.

I think I did mention somewhere necromancer has epidimic, and THE AMOUNT OF CONTROL NECROMANCER HAS OVER CONDITIONS. Do you know what it means? (L2p issue and a HUGE one.)

Death shroud doesn’t need to be looked at… it is working as intended: It’s an amazing survivability spell.

Otherwise, I feel its pointless to argue with you because you just seem unable to see the big picture. Thank you for ignoring half of my post.

(edited by Poplolita.2638)

in Necromancer

Posted by: XiL.4318

XiL.4318

Axe is bad because vulnerability used to be OP.

Now Vulnerability is underwhelming and Axe is bad in addition to having an underwhelming effect that only works on 30% of overall damage potential…

People at Anet seem to have a single dimension to work from that prevents logic from contradicting protocol.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Raven.9603

Raven.9603

~Kill, u need to gtfo of these forums because pvp has it’s own subforums. If u want to bring ur ‘i r pvp not pve. wai u no listen to me?’ stuff here (to the mostly pve forum) then what can you expect? The OP didn’t mention pvp at all yet here you are dissing everyone who doesn’t take your stance.

On topic: the axe skills damage modifiers are low to compensate for their range. If you’re looking for power, use daggers and face melee.

Edit: OP, you are comparing a mediocre necro weapon to a guardians’ hard-hitting GS. If the same guardy had used 1h sword or mace it would have been a fairer comparison.

not that i agree with all the crying thats going on in this thread, but…

1. trying to claim that this is some kind of primarily pve forum is stupid. easily half the threads here are pvp/wvw focused, and GW2 does not currently contain a pve-centric endgame given the attainability of gear. its a necro forum, and necro posts are welcome.

2. he is right about necros being inferior at tankiness, conditions, spikeness, etc.
-we are pretty durable, but guardians, eles and engi’s are better bunkers.
-we are pretty kitten awesome at conditions, but rangers and eles are better. granted, those classes have their own problems (rangers being handicapped to pet damage, ele’s being locked into heavy water based bunker builds).
-power builds are dependant on rooting some dufus in a well, both the root and the well have long cd’s.

none of that means necros are bad, but we aren’t really terrific, either.

SBI | Oceans | Ranger – Thief – Ele – Eng – Nec – Guard – Rev
Celestial Avatar is like an old man: Takes forever to get up and is spent in 4 seconds

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ascii.9726

Ascii.9726

Being a full power Necromancer who uses axe since BWE-1 i can say yes you are right that Axe’s auto attack are terrible now compared to every other classes auto-attacks.

However the key to using Axe in WvW is not for the auto-attacking but for its 2 and 3 skills. When using Axe try to minimize the time your actually spending auto-attacking (which shouldn’t be too difficult as we have multiple forms of damage) and find that magic opening spot were you can ‘warhorn 4 daze > axe 2 burst > F1 deathshroud > 4 life transfer > 3 doom > axe 2 burst.’

TL;DR Don’t spend your time auto-attacking with an Axe.

Rank 580+ Necromancer WvW Stream
Commander Ascii :: Tempest Wolves [TW] :: Sanctum of Rall :: Best Necromancer NA

in Necromancer

Posted by: Funky.4861

Funky.4861

@ Raven: i agree with your 2nd part but if you take a look at the first page of necro forums maybe there are only 4 posts relating to a form of pvp (in the title). I said it before; pvp’ers have their own forums and whilst it’s perfectly fine for ppl to post in the class-specific forum it should be understood that there is no pve forum so this is where a lot of the pve’rs come for tips and info. It’s also bad form to hijack a thread, slag people off and not really contribute much.

in Necromancer

Poplolita.2638

~Kill, u need to gtfo of these forums because pvp has it’s own subforums. If u want to bring ur ‘i r pvp not pve. wai u no listen to me?’ stuff here (to the mostly pve forum) then what can you expect? The OP didn’t mention pvp at all yet here you are dissing everyone who doesn’t take your stance.

On topic: the axe skills damage modifiers are low to compensate for their range. If you’re looking for power, use daggers and face melee.

Edit: OP, you are comparing a mediocre necro weapon to a guardians’ hard-hitting GS. If the same guardy had used 1h sword or mace it would have been a fairer comparison.

not that i agree with all the crying thats going on in this thread, but…

1. trying to claim that this is some kind of primarily pve forum is stupid. easily half the threads here are pvp/wvw focused, and GW2 does not currently contain a pve-centric endgame given the attainability of gear. its a necro forum, and necro posts are welcome.

2. he is right about necros being inferior at tankiness, conditions, spikeness, etc.
-we are pretty durable, but guardians, eles and engi’s are better bunkers.
-we are pretty kitten awesome at conditions, but rangers and eles are better. granted, those classes have their own problems (rangers being handicapped to pet damage, ele’s being locked into heavy water based bunker builds).
-power builds are dependant on rooting some dufus in a well, both the root and the well have long cd’s.

none of that means necros are bad, but we aren’t really terrific, either.

Engineer… I completly forgot they are decent at tanking damage, I would even say they are even better than guardian in certain situation. But they are currently so rare both in pvp and pve due to the amount of bugs they got, it’s really sad =(

Condition necromancer, what a lovely build indeed with some flaws obviously; we can dispel boons, and replace them by negative conditions ( Stability -> fear, who doesn’t love that?) , use other professions condition against them, we can even spread it! Our only weaknesses is the lack of damage over time variety; we only got bleed that only does decent damage at 10 stacks+. I think this build is good as it is, the only build that needs to be looked at is: Axe burst build, pet build, and vampiric build.

Sry about my grammar, im typing on my iphone.

in Necromancer

Posted by: NecropsY.8649

NecropsY.8649

Being a full power Necromancer who uses axe since BWE-1 i can say yes you are right that Axe’s auto attack are terrible now compared to every other classes auto-attacks.

However the key to using Axe in WvW is not for the auto-attacking but for its 2 and 3 skills. When using Axe try to minimize the time your actually spending auto-attacking (which shouldn’t be too difficult as we have multiple forms of damage) and find that magic opening spot were you can ‘warhorn 4 daze > axe 2 burst > F1 deathshroud > 4 life transfer > 3 doom > axe 2 burst.’

TL;DR Don’t spend your time auto-attacking with an Axe.

So dont spend your time auto attacking with the Axe, as its weak as crap auto attack
Are we supposed to spend our time auto attacking with the staff!? a projectile that misses 90% of the time? (im guessing no)

so that leaves dagger or septer< septer stacks bleeds worse and lower duration then any other proffesion that stacks bleeds in the game

dagger is decent dammage but mele range only

seems like we have no viable auto attack -

in Necromancer

Posted by: KirinDave.6451

KirinDave.6451

There are viable builds with axes that show up in tournaments and sometimes even in hot join matches. They revolve around how much better retaliation is for necromancers than everyone else. And they don’t use axe auto-attack very much. I’ve played with one and he was very good at beating quickness burst hitters by simply making it prohibitively expensive to attack him.

For PvE, Nemesis recently demonstrated how Axe+Focus is a nice way to set up whole party bursts and throw in some damage yourself (BiP, Focus 4, Axe 1, Axe 2) and generate life force.

But Axe definitely needs a boost. It’s very, very specialized as it is now. We should do another “Dear Developers, please fix axe.”

in Necromancer

Posted by: Funky.4861

Funky.4861

@ necropsy- we have a nice trait which extends the duration of all sceptre conditions by 33%

in Necromancer

Posted by: Leadfoot.9071

Leadfoot.9071

I use axe/warhorn in hot join mainly because I like that it’s ranged over dagger. #2 does pretty good dmg but yeah the auto-attack is pretty lackluster. The thing is, you do not need to auto attack very often – especially using the build I’m using which has crazy life force regen.

in Necromancer

KirinDave.6451

Engineer… I completly forgot they are decent at tanking damage, I would even say they are even better than guardian in certain situation. But they are currently so rare both in pvp and pve due to the amount of bugs they got, it’s really sad =(

Even if we dismiss the bugs, the problem with Engineer bunkers is that they’re the weakest damage bunkers in the game. They do negligable damage and are just there to harass. So yeah, they can do the toughness+hpgen+weakness tricks to stay alive a long time, but they cannot do very much to clear a point. Guardian and Necro bunkers can actually kill people. So they’re good at what they do but very limited to a specific kind of holdout bunker.

I’d rather have a guardian or necro bunker who can holdout 2-4v1 and win 1v1 to free up the rest of the team to actually do things and feel safe not running back to support. Depends on the map, of course; some maps give ranged easier perches over points and in that case there’s only so many times spectral grasp is off cooldown.

The entire engineer profession is like the Axe right now; you can see the design intents glimmering though but the actual mechanics are clearly not working as intended.

(edited by KirinDave.6451)

in Necromancer

KirinDave.6451

@ necropsy- we have a nice trait which extends the duration of all sceptre conditions by 33%

And this trait does not interact with +condduration bonuses, but rather underneath it. Necromancers can exceed the +100% cap for bleeds.

in Necromancer

Posted by: XiL.4318

XiL.4318

And this trait does not interact with +condduration bonuses, but rather underneath it. Necromancers can exceed the +100% cap for bleeds.

Until it gets “balanced”.

in Necromancer

Posted by: ThCakeIsALie.5306

ThCakeIsALie.5306

Try the FotM Fear build. Just do a search on it. Pretty much anything w/ Fear trait, get it.

I run it on my s/t pvp necro build, lots of fun and tons of duration time/dmg on Fear!

in Necromancer

Posted by: ThCakeIsALie.5306

ThCakeIsALie.5306

Try the FotM Fear build. Pretty much any trait that buffs your Fear. I use it in s/t pvp and it’s a lot of fun! Even in a down state you can kill the enemy.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ascii.9726

Ascii.9726

So dont spend your time auto attacking with the Axe, as its weak as crap auto attack
Are we supposed to spend our time auto attacking with the staff!? a projectile that misses 90% of the time? (im guessing no)

so that leaves dagger or septer< septer stacks bleeds worse and lower duration then any other proffesion that stacks bleeds in the game

If you find yourself auto-attacking as a Necromancer for direct damage, your doing something wrong. Unlike Thief’s or Warriors, who can basically 1 skill you to death, we have to use every possible source of damage output to keep up with damage.

As a direct damage player my typical rotation is Warhorn 4> Axe 3 > Axe 2 > DS4 > DS3 > DS1 > DS2 > Axe 3 > Axe 2 and using utilities as and when i can find an opening.

I don’t use Axe for Axe 1, period. I use axe because its a moderate ranged weapon that has the hardest hitting shortest channeling skill Necromancers can get(i frequently hit 9k’s with Axe 2) and a AoE cripple that requires no target as-well as gaining 3 to 15 seconds of Retaliation.

Rank 580+ Necromancer WvW Stream
Commander Ascii :: Tempest Wolves [TW] :: Sanctum of Rall :: Best Necromancer NA

in Necromancer

Posted by: Pizz.3698

Pizz.3698

If you find yourself auto-attacking as a Necromancer for direct damage, your doing something wrong. Unlike Thief’s or Warriors, who can basically 1 skill you to death, we have to use every possible source of damage output to keep up with damage.

As a direct damage player my typical rotation is Warhorn 4> Axe 3 > Axe 2 > DS4 > DS3 > DS1 > DS2 > Axe 3 > Axe 2 and using utilities as and when i can find an opening.

I don’t use Axe for Axe 1, period. I use axe because its a moderate ranged weapon that has the hardest hitting shortest channeling skill Necromancers can get(i frequently hit 9k’s with Axe 2) and a AoE cripple that requires no target as-well as gaining 3 to 15 seconds of Retaliation.

How are you two just tossing the dagger aside? Last i checked, warriors and thieves dont burst people down with rifles, longbows, shortbows or pistols. It’s Greatsword and daggers mostly, so why not include daggers for necros? How many times have I bursted down a thief in 2 dagger #1 rotations? probably more than I can count. Dagger/Warhorn hits like a truck and gives you some great control. Yes they’re melee weapons but so are daggers and greatsword.

I roll a full zerker necro and have more suvivabillity than i need (Yes omnom Pie is OP). I win most of my 1v1s and you can still deal some good AoE damage (warhorn #5 + axe #3 + Enfeebling blood on DS + DS #4 and run out. No you wont kill a full group but you can get a good 8k AoE for a rotation.

I am not saying Necro dagger is OP, etc. All im saying is it IS viable even though it still needs some fixes.

Piiz

in Necromancer

Posted by: Salt.6794

Salt.6794

How are you two just tossing the dagger aside? Last i checked, warriors and thieves dont burst people down with rifles, longbows, shortbows or pistols. It’s Greatsword and daggers mostly, so why not include daggers for necros? How many times have I bursted down a thief in 2 dagger #1 rotations? probably more than I can count. Dagger/Warhorn hits like a truck and gives you some great control. Yes they’re melee weapons but so are daggers and greatsword.

I roll a full zerker necro and have more suvivabillity than i need (Yes omnom Pie is OP). I win most of my 1v1s and you can still deal some good AoE damage (warhorn #5 + axe #3 + Enfeebling blood on DS + DS #4 and run out. No you wont kill a full group but you can get a good 8k AoE for a rotation.

I am not saying Necro dagger is OP, etc. All im saying is it IS viable even though it still needs some fixes.

I almost stopped reading after you said thieves dont burst anyone down with pistols or shortbow. I do agree that dagger is a bit underrated though. While I havent been playing necro long I’ve had a fair bit of success running d/d on a power well build. The burst can be crazy and unexpected, and the immobilize is great for sitting people in wells.