Spectral Walk - Recall now works properly

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rennoko.5731

Rennoko.5731

Just in case that people didn’t notice yet.

It seemed to be more responsive than it was pre-patch, so I tested it under some circumstances it would never be able to port back across before. It seems to work exactly like the mesmer portal now.

On a related note, the worm teleport skill is still just up to 1200 in the direction of the worm.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Storm of the Ages.9076

Storm of the Ages.9076

So it correctly puts you in the spot you activated it? This would be a huge bug fix for use necros in jumping puzzles!!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rennoko.5731

Rennoko.5731

Yes, exactly that.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ascii.9726

Ascii.9726

You can still activate the Spectral Recall half way through falling too lol, time to jump off cliffs in borderlands and recall at the very end to avoid zergs xD

Rank 580+ Necromancer WvW Stream
Commander Ascii :: Tempest Wolves [TW] :: Sanctum of Rall :: Best Necromancer NA

in Necromancer

Posted by: ArcticRed.3068

ArcticRed.3068

You can still activate the Spectral Recall half way through falling too lol, time to jump off cliffs in borderlands and recall at the very end to avoid zergs xD

lol you have an evil mind…. me likes:D

in Necromancer

Posted by: gamefreak.5673

gamefreak.5673

lol you have an evil mind…. me likes:D

Its not as fun if they see the green from your body and know what you plan.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Storm of the Ages.9076

Storm of the Ages.9076

I activate spectral walk and jump off ledge. Enemy goes to ledge to see if I die. I revert, then F1, then 3. Enemy falls to death.. Who is weak now <.<

in Necromancer

Ascii.9726

I activate spectral walk and jump off ledge. Enemy goes to ledge to see if I die. I revert, then F1, then 3. Enemy falls to death.. Who is weak now <.<

lmfao that’s perfect, jump then recall, dodge roll back death shroud doom or staff fear.

Commander Ascii :: Tempest Wolves [TW] :: Sanctum of Rall :: Best Necromancer NA

in Necromancer

Posted by: Schnitter.9857

Schnitter.9857

lmfao that’s perfect, jump then recall, dodge roll back death shroud doom or staff fear.

Im wondering this scene in my mind and laughing hard. Serious, no one could be so dumb… (my apologies for dumb guys that do it)

in Necromancer

Posted by: barti.7685

barti.7685

this skill always seemed to work fine for me also before patch, never noticed it was bugged.

in Necromancer

Ascii.9726

this skill always seemed to work fine for me also before patch, never noticed it was bugged.

Slight terrain raises or drops caused you to recall flat against the terrain above or below it rather then moving to the location, in straight lines it worked fine.

in Necromancer

Posted by: barti.7685

barti.7685

Slight terrain raises or drops caused you to recall flat against the terrain above or below it rather then moving to the location, in straight lines it worked fine.

ah your right i thought that was working as intended since rogues infiltrators arrow does that osmetimes laso but wow youre right it does work vertically now too.. and the worm can be used that way also now.

in Necromancer

Posted by: pierwola.9602

pierwola.9602

to all “downed” players under the wall
i will finish you

in Necromancer

Posted by: alanis.6094

alanis.6094

Necrotic Traversal is not fixed, however.

Drusilla Ina Alanis
<The Undead Lords>
Since 1994 – undeadlords.net

in Necromancer

Posted by: hackks.3687

hackks.3687

Dark path seems to be working across Y axis now as well. Had someone take an immediate right turn, and drop off a ledge. DP made the same turn and ported me to him on the lower level.

That was a nice change of pace.

Hackkz/Riggamaroll
I’ve stayed at this party entirely too long

in Necromancer

Ascii.9726

Dark path seems to be working across Y axis now as well. Had someone take an immediate right turn, and drop off a ledge. DP made the same turn and ported me to him on the lower level.

It might just be me, but i have noticed Dark Paths tracking seems more reliable and it seems to move faster too, it might just be the new FoV though.

in Necromancer

Posted by: gamefreak.5673

gamefreak.5673

It might just be me, but i have noticed Dark Paths tracking seems more reliable and it seems to move faster too, it might just be the new FoV though.

Well you used to be able to basically out run the projectile of dark path. We just need to test if players still can.

in Necromancer

Posted by: LastDay.3524

LastDay.3524

I just wanted to bump this to point out that it also resets fall damage calculations when you teleport.

Activate it mid-fall and teleport to it and the fall damage only counts from the spot you teleported to.

In other words you can fall insane distances and survive if you time it well.
Rarely useful (nice in WvW) but definitely a ton of fun.
Saves you the Res Orbs when messing around in Rata Sum’s bottom.

Edit: Well, the bottom on the outside always instakills you but you can get very low down the pyramid alive.

Benight[Edge]

(edited by LastDay.3524)

in Necromancer

Posted by: digiowl.9620

digiowl.9620

Do wonder where all that potential energy ends up