Starting out LVL 40

Starting out LVL 40

in Necromancer

Posted by: hayabusafmw.9370

hayabusafmw.9370

Im starting out in the whole guild wars world im pretty hooked

but im at lvl 40 with my necromancer and to be honest i don’t like carrying mobs with me minions i dont enjoy them

I want to be either a conditionmancer or something that does damage

Staff / daggers / scepter i don’t mind

where should i spread my traits? im kinda confused because on lvl 40…. i dunno if i should max one section more than a other let me know thanks!

also which skills should i put on my row of skills

Starting out LVL 40

in Necromancer

Posted by: Enzo Kensei.9850

Enzo Kensei.9850

For my point of view and experience i think that it doesn’t matter the traits you have at lv 40, you dont do a build just by the traits you have to get the armor and trinkets for the same build.
In my opinian i would advise you to get used to the weapon’s and they’re skills. Try the hybrid build with conditions and raw damage, scepter/dagger; axe/focus with this you can give a good amount of conditions and change to the axe to skill #2 and finish him off.
Check the Necromancer tutorials, that will give you a good insight of the Necro profession

Kensei
[LUSA]

Starting out LVL 40

in Necromancer

Posted by: chefdiablo.6791

chefdiablo.6791

I overall agree with the above reply.

It really does not take too long to level to 80 and by the time you reach the 65+ range you should have a better idea of the weapons you prefer and which skills you get the most benefit out of. At this point you are also going to be slotting gear that works with how you play and what weapons you are using as well.

Until you at the very least get to 60 you can’t even consider the Grandmaster traits which are really what is going to define your build regardless. Even the gear is kind of strangely set up with rune choices that give only 4 slots of synergy and two slots for something else whereas at the end game gear you can have 6 slots dedicated to a rune set or mix and match as you desire.

I would even say that any investment in gear is very low priority due the speed with which most gear becomes redundant.

Gear and traits are going to go hand in hand for a build and your time invested in both will be fairly short.

Pop into the sPvP area to mess around for free on some builds and test it out on the NPCs to get an overall idea of how things work for one build or another. There are some limitations regarding the results but not enough difference to prevent you from getting a good feel for what builds you prefer and a general direction for which traits you find most rewarding.

Starting out LVL 40

in Necromancer

Posted by: TheAgedGnome.7520

TheAgedGnome.7520

At 40, I think you have 30 trait points. I would try:
- scepter/dagger & staff
- 0/20/0/10/0, with Hemophilia and Master of Corruption in Curses and Bloodthirst in Blood.
- or 0/20/10/0, with Hemophilia and Master of Corruption in Curses and Staff Mastery in Death.
- BiP, Epidemic and Locust Signet for skills. Swap out Locust Signet situationally (e.g., Flesh Worm for lengthy champ fights, Well of Suffering for AoE fights, etc.).

One nice thing about the necro is that there are ALOT of viable builds. The downside is that it does make it hard to find the one that fits you best.

Stealth nerfs are the perfect fertilizer for mistrust.
PVE Power and Support Build