Superior Rune of Perplexity

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ray.3780

Ray.3780

(1): +28 Condition Damage
(2): +15% Confusion Duration
(3): +55 Condition Damage
(4): 20% chance to cause Confusion on hit (15 second Cooldown).
(5): +100 Condition Damage
(6): +15% Confusion Duration. Causes 10 second of Confusion on interrupt.

Obviously the set is probably meant to be more directed at mesmers, but might be an interesting set for a 30/20/0/0/20 Burning Terrormancer? I presume we could proc the 6-set on well-timed fears, and with pizza the Confusion is at capped duration. Would like to know if anyone’s tried it / has any thoughts.

(edited by Ray.3780)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Blaine Tog.8304

Blaine Tog.8304

I gotta say, it looks kinda meh to me. You need a lot of Confusion stacks before it’s worth it and this will only generate 1 or 2 at a time.

I main Ele and Necro, though I have an alt of each profession at level 80.
How to Condi Reaper on a budget
Everything I say is only in reference to PvE and WvW.

in Necromancer

Ray.3780

From what I’ve seen, both the on hit proc AND the interrupt seems to generate 3 stacks from what people were getting put on them, but not 100% sure yet, only seen one account. If true, that’s 3 stacks of 10s and 3 stacks of 20s (apparently base duration 5s/10s), assuming a malice stat of around 1500 it’s about 180 per stack which isn’t too shabby on a moderate CD.

(edited by Ray.3780)

in Necromancer

Posted by: TheAgedGnome.7520

TheAgedGnome.7520

It could be nice for Asura condimancers:
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Pain_Inverter

Stealth nerfs are the perfect fertilizer for mistrust.
PVE Power and Support Build

in Necromancer

Posted by: flow.6043

flow.6043

Interesting…
Does the 6th bonus have an icd? Or is it theoretically possible to land confusion on 5 targets with Reaper’s Mark?
Considering all our sources of fear and warhorn daze, this could add be a nice damage source.
If there’s no icd and it really does give 3 stacks, then a golem charge (no aoe limit) into a hostile zerg could be a confusion bomb, right?
And would downed state fearing someone who’s about to stomp you count as an interrupt, hence giving him 1 (or 3?) stacks of confusion?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rennoko.5731

Rennoko.5731

In my humble opinion, these are hands down the best runes for a condition necromancer now. Unfortuantely I feel like if I do a video and detailed write up on it, it will only speed the nerf train into these runes.

As far as my testing has shown, it procs 3 confusion for around 9-10 seconds with 100% duration on hit. The base duration seems to be 4.5 or 5 seconds.

The kicker here is the 6 piece bonus. It procs…. FIVE (5) stacks of confusion for twice the duration on interrupt. I had several cases last night where I would interrupt a heal and get 8 stacks of confusion on the target for about 5+ seconds.

Compared to our other popular options, it is hands down the best set.

Compare:

Nightmare, necromancer, perplexity, undead

All 4 have the same 1, 3, 5 set bonuses

Undead: 50 toughness, 5% toughness to condition damage (80-90 in rabid)
Nightmare: 10% condition duration, Change to single target fear when hit (90sec ICD)
Necromancer: 20% fear duration, 50 vitality
Perplex: 30% confusion duration, 20% chance to cause 3 confusion (15sec ICD), 5 confusion on interrupt.

If you are actively using fear to stop heal…. and you should… you really want perplexity.

(edited by Rennoko.5731)

in Necromancer

Ray.3780

I think the issue with Pain Inverter was that we were already quite pressed with our utilities to try and fit it in, but runes are fairly flexible.

Undead is the all-out brute power choice, Nightmare gives you an RNG fear and helps you easily reach fear/bleed cap and an extra second of burning, Necromancer is sorta in between for people who don’t wanna do Twilight Arbor.

Where Perplexity fits in is giving us a tool against a very anti-condition meta, to punish abilities which break fear and wipe conditions 1-2 at a time.

In an ideal scenario, you proc the first 3 stacks on hit, enemy tries to cast their heal, you interrupt with fear, and they are now liable to take 2k dmg whether or not they attempt to break it and then further damage afterwards for trying to wipe their conditions you managed to slap on in those precious few seconds. This is also one more fairly reliable condition to proc more lifeforce for Scepter #3.

Only problem is the rune set will set you back a good 20-30g right now, but I think it’s worth testing. I think we can presume the 6-set bonus will eventually have an ICD put on it if it doesn’t already, so we won’t see AoE confusion on a zerg, but we can apply that to some extent with Epidemic.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Dietzen.6127

Dietzen.6127

In my humble opinion, these are hands down the best runes for a condition necromancer now. Unfortuantely I feel like if I do a video and detailed write up on it, it will only speed the nerf train into these runes.

As far as my testing has shown, it procs 3 confusion for around 9-10 seconds with 100% duration on hit. The base duration seems to be 4.5 or 5 seconds.

The kicker here is the 6 piece bonus. It procs…. FIVE (5) stacks of confusion for the same duration on interrupt, the 6 bonus gives 10 seconds BASE not 5. The 4 bonus gives 4.5 or 5 seconds base and the 6 gives 10. I had several cases last night where I would interrupt a heal and get 8 stacks of confusion on the target for about 5+ seconds.

Compared to our other popular options, it is hands down the best set.

Compare:

Nightmare, necromancer, perplexity, undead

All 4 have the same 1, 3, 5 set bonuses

Undead: 50 toughness, 5% toughness to condition damage (80-90 in rabid)
Nightmare: 10% condition duration, Change to single target fear when hit (90sec ICD)
Necromancer: 20% fear duration, 50 vitality
Perplex: 30% confusion duration, 20% chance to cause 3 confusion (15sec ICD), 5 confusion on interrupt.

If you are actively using fear to stop heal…. and you should… you really want perplexity. fear does not interrupt! It stops any heals and whatnot, but for some reason, it does not interrupt as such, and therefore does not proc the 6 perplexity bonus, this is something I’ve tried over and again on sentries in wvw, no other source, don’t know if it works outside or against players, but I haven’t seen it so far

Aside from the above corrections, I think this rune set just might be the best one for us. In a standard 30/20/0/0/20 build with rare veggie pizza, you will have 100% confusion duration, doubling the duration of the perplexity procs. Necros can now dish out every condition in the game with high uptime. Though, we can’t dish out a lot of confusion, neither reliably proc the 6 bonus, but when it does it’s great insofar as my testing is concerned, and fear does indeed not count as an interrupt, I have used spectral grasp in order to interrupt and this works flawlessly.

(edited by Dietzen.6127)

in Necromancer

Rennoko.5731

I am fairly certain fear counts as an interrupt for players, and just seems to almost never work as an interrupt against NPC’s. I will try in WvW against someone to verify.

Are you sure that it is 10 seconds BASE? That means it is lasting 20 seconds with 5 stacks and 100% duration…. that seems far too high. I will go test that as well.

EDIT: Well you are right…. it is around 18-19 seconds with full duration, which would mean the base is 9-9.5 seconds or so. Counting for my slow mouse movement, it could very well be 10.

Thank you for the correction. Working on testing the fear problem on interrupt…. need to go hunt some JQ

EDIT2: Wrong again on my part….. Fear doesn’t count as an interrupt at all… meaning the only way to get the 6 proc is spectral grasp….. I have been wondering all these days why I never got daily interrupter, now I know why.

Surely that is a bug, but since it has been that way since launch, I doubt it will get fixed now as it will just cause those runes to be “too good” for necro.

(edited by Rennoko.5731)

in Necromancer

Posted by: War Mourner.5168

War Mourner.5168

Hey man, we’ve warhorn 4 (again I find no information on any ICD. Surely we can’t hit (up to, in unlikely circumstances) 5 people with a few stacks of 20s confusion.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Zera.8907

Zera.8907

With that said will you still run 6 runs due to this info or would you run just 5?

Blackgate: Zera Mithrandir- Reaper| Zera Targaryen-Mes|Zera Naharis – Ranger|

in Necromancer

flow.6043

I’ve been testing these runes myself now and I can confirm/add several things:

Fear doesn’t interrupt… ever. Apparently the “interrupt” indicator has to pop up, which never happens when you fear people. Not with Reaper’s Mark, Doom, Corruption or downed Fear.

The Flesh Golem Charge: lots of "Interrupt"s but apparently it doesn’t count for you or the rune. Not sure if that’s a bug or not.

I could get the 5 stack interrupt to trigger with Spectral Grasp and Wail of Doom. And with that I could also confirm that there is no icd because all targets I interrupted with warhorn daze got the 5 stacks.

Bottom line imo: the 6th bonus is a serious buff to the warhorn. Spectral Grasp needs godlike timing or luck.
Either way, even if you don’t use the warhorn or Grasp: against other players (in WvW) the 4th bonus alone is a million times better than all the toughnes and the 6th bonus of the Undead runes. For PvE you might be better off sticking with Undead, I suppose.

in Necromancer

Posted by: RashanDale.3609

RashanDale.3609

Fear doesn’t interrupt… ever. Apparently the “interrupt” indicator has to pop up, which never happens when you fear people. Not with Reaper’s Mark, Doom, Corruption or downed Fear.

This must be a bug and should be fixed.

The Flesh Golem Charge: lots of "Interrupt"s but apparently it doesn’t count for you or the rune. Not sure if that’s a bug or not.

Minions and their skills never trigger Sigils or Runes, as far as i know. I#d say it’s not a bug.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
Gunnar’s Hold

in Necromancer

Rennoko.5731

I completely forgot about warhorn. I am fond of warhorn, but hung it up when the nerfed the sigil of para. Have to dust it off again for 5 confusion…..

in Necromancer

Posted by: oZii.2864

oZii.2864

Hmm I put these runes on my mesmer and I love them on my mesmer. I might give them a try on my necro. Putting every condition in the game on someone does sound quite fun. The more damaging conditions the better.

What exactly did they do with warhorn and sigil of para I was actually thinking of getting it for my warhorn. I actually like warhorn alot on necro.

[Good Fights]Sinndicate{Ele}Sinactic{Engineer}
Sinnastor{Warrior}Sinnacle{Mesmer}Sintacs
{Thief}

in Necromancer

Rennoko.5731

Hmm I put these runes on my mesmer and I love them on my mesmer. I might give them a try on my necro. Putting every condition in the game on someone does sound quite fun. The more damaging conditions the better.

What exactly did they do with warhorn and sigil of para I was actually thinking of getting it for my warhorn. I actually like warhorn alot on necro.

Nothing, is the answer to your question. But it just wasn’t as valuable as an offhand (the warhorn that is), because the sigil no longer worked on fear AND daze (just works on daze now).

Also they buffed dagger with 3 transfers per target, so its hard to pass that up. But for 5 stacks of aoe confusion, I can handle that.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Mammoth.1975

Mammoth.1975

Bottom line imo: the 6th bonus is a serious buff to the warhorn. Spectral Grasp needs godlike timing or luck.

Spectral grasp is a really fast interrupt if you’re close.

If you’re not playing to win, don’t complain when you lose.

in Necromancer

Ray.3780

Using Warhorn #4 during auto-attack cast counts as an interrupt, right?

I like the rune set so far. I personally had to give up 5% crit and something like 50-100 DPS from reduced condi durations, and I’d say it’s worth it for a WvW context if you like roaming.

I don’t know if I could give up OH Dagger for Warhorn, I’ve yet to try it out, but seems a little counterproductive because you lose significant access to AoE Weakness. You can get that back by traiting for it, though, I suppose, but you give up Hemophilia or whatever else in that case, and Dagger #4 which is again, another condition, blind (if a little short-lived) and an awesome cleanser now is lost.

Then again I couldn’t lose Staff and do Scepter/Dagger and WH OH set or something .. although Staff doesn’t actually bring any new conditions to the table, the defensive-offensive utility of it doesn’t match Warhorn .. And I’ve never been a fan of Spectral Grasp, misses more than it hits, but maybe I’ve always been using it wrong, didn’t think about using it at point-blank range. Maybe they’ll allow Fear to count as an interrupt one day, one can dream.

in Necromancer

flow.6043

So, I tried those runes for a day in WvW and I’d like to post some follow up infos:
they are OOOOOOWW PEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!

I tested Spectral Grasp on some npcs earlier so it was really hard to time the interrupt, against players on the other hand it’s an almost guaranteed 5 stacks of confusion because they are mashing buttons all the time.
Warhorn, incredibly strong with this. If you wail into a hostile crowd you just pick one of the confused targets for epidemic and some of them might even end up with 10+ stacks… that last for up to 20 seconds -.-

6th bonus aside, if you don’t use Grasp or warhorn: the 4th bonus is basically another Dhuumfire but with confusion instead of burning.
Dhuumfire’s duration wasn’t cut in half for WvW like it has been for sPvP, so that is still ridiculously strong in combo with Terror. Now you can have 10 sec confusion every 15 sec on top of that, just with the 4th bonus of the rune. Yes, the base duration seems to be 5 seconds but with +40% food and 30 in Spite you’ll have 100% confusion duration.

I believe most Dhuum-Terror necros are running rabid+undead these days, so even if you don’t use warhorn and just go with 5 Perplexity and 1 crest of the rabid: all you lose is 36 toughness and ~50 condition damage.
If you have the gold you’d be a fool not to trade this for for the 4th bonus.

Imo the rune is already overpowered as it is (and I don’t even use Dhuumfire in my build), now imagine fear is changed to work as an interrupt… -_-

in Necromancer

oZii.2864

Mmm I don’t know 3 stacks of confusion is not much at all if you just grab the 4 piece. On my mesmer 5 stacks from confusion damge isn’t much. I think on a necro going a full 6 with warhorn would be pretty awesome though. I think it is a upgrade over undead runes though for sure.

{Thief}

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ambrecombe.4398

Ambrecombe.4398

The rune of perplexity is used for builds that interupts people while having condition damage.

The bonus 4* deals 3 stacks of confusion during 4sec (+30%), 20% of the time, on every attack (15sec gcd), even if you are downed you can still get use of the confusion.

The bonus 6* is OP, it puts 5 stacks of confusion during 10sec (+30%) to anything you interupt. It is basicaly a Warrior Distracting Strike on Steroid with also no global cooldown. I use it right now on my Rampager Warrior build I can easely put 21 stacks of confusion when I interupt my target (because with distracting strike I get 9 stacks of confusion). And it even works with our downed skills!

This rune is clearly the most OP thing they ever made in game…

in Necromancer

Ray.3780

I’d forgotten about that warrior trait, that sounds horrific to go up against, given your recent access to abit of torment and fairly nice bleed upkeep and synergy for bleed uptime.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Scizzor.8137

Scizzor.8137

I smell a hotfix coming… lol

in Necromancer

Posted by: Anchoku.8142

Anchoku.8142

I was considering the runes for the same reason. At first, I was interested in the torment set but this set looks more powerful with the right setup.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Flumek.9043

Flumek.9043

No ICD ? just for lolz, can u then fire thief pistol #4 to get instant 20 stacks?

PvP guild [YUM] -apply- (EU) http://muffinspvp.shivtr.com/

in Necromancer

Posted by: Fubar.8413

Fubar.8413

Is this rune available for sPvP?

in Necromancer

Ray.3780

no, not at the moment.

in Necromancer

Ambrecombe.4398

No ICD ? just for lolz, can u then fire thief pistol #4 to get instant 20 stacks?

If you are skilled enough, technicaly you can do it. It just doesn’t work against target with Stability or immune to overall crowdcontrol. But it does work on champions with defiant stacks.

in Necromancer

Dietzen.6127

Yes and no, ofc you won’t get instant 20 stacks. You get 5 every time you get the “interrupt”, so yes you can get 20 stacks if you interrupt 4 times in a row.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ezeriel.9574

Ezeriel.9574

You give up a massive amount of condition damage to use these runes, as-well-as fifty toughness, and that’s actually noticeable.

To make matters worse once you start down the road of more single targeted conditions you’ll want to go for dhuumfire, and that’s kinda iffy for condition builds.

All-in-all, I’m really on the fence about these runes. Sure, they will rock the world of fast attacking classes like rangers, but in the world of zerg v. zerg… meh.

…and if the class can cleanse that confusion. You’re just left with weaker bleeds. Like 20-30 per tic weaker depending on how you spec.

The only way to play the engineer is to exploit it.
Playing the engineer “as intended” is simply not viable.

in Necromancer

Rennoko.5731

You give up a massive amount of condition damage to use these runes, as-well-as fifty toughness, and that’s actually noticeable.

To make matters worse once you start down the road of more single targeted conditions you’ll want to go for dhuumfire, and that’s kinda iffy for condition builds.

All-in-all, I’m really on the fence about these runes. Sure, they will rock the world of fast attacking classes like rangers, but in the world of zerg v. zerg… meh.

…and if the class can cleanse that confusion. You’re just left with weaker bleeds. Like 20-30 per tic weaker depending on how you spec.

What??

These runes are basically the damage equivalent of nightmare, which was only 80-90 condition damage weaker than the highest available damage set (undead). So you lose four (4) damage per bleed…. Where are you getting 20-30?

Also as others have said, you can forgo the 6 bonus and take a rabid crest to bring that down to only 3 lost damage per bleed.

in Necromancer

flow.6043

20-30 per tick? I sure would take runes of the undead if their 6th bonus increased my condi dmg by 400-600. xD
And 50 toughness… if you run full rabid + undead your armor will be somewhere between 2600 and 2900 depending on how many points you have in Death Magic. Taking 50 toughness away from that is not noticable at all, you’ll take ~1% more direct damage and that’s it.

in Necromancer

Ezeriel.9574

the 6th bonus for undead runes was around 150 condition damage for my necro

I also went from a 0-30-20-20-0 condition build to a 30-0-20-20-0 build to use these runes, and that cost me an additional 150 crit and 150 condition damage.

So right there is a loss of 300 condition damage, and a rather large drop in crit chance, meaning less earth sigil bleed procs as well as waiting longer for Dhuumfire to proc, which is something to consider.

In full rabids and using a +5% crit sigil I’m only at 38ish crit, and I’ve gone a good while without procing Dhuumfire, dry spells for crits really hamstring that skill.

…I’m just saying, it’s not all greener grass and roses using perplexity runes.

in Necromancer

oZii.2864

the 6th bonus for undead runes was around 150 condition damage for my necro

I also went from a 0-30-20-20-0 condition build to a 30-0-20-20-0 build to use these runes, and that cost me an additional 150 crit and 150 condition damage.

So right there is a loss of 300 condition damage, and a rather large drop in crit chance, meaning less earth sigil bleed procs as well as waiting longer for Dhuumfire to proc, which is something to consider.

In full rabids and using a +5% crit sigil I’m only at 38ish crit, and I’ve gone a good while without procing Dhuumfire, dry spells for crits really hamstring that skill.

…I’m just saying, it’s not all greener grass and roses using perplexity runes.

That was your choice to move points out of curses what does that have to do with the runes? You lost the condition damage because you moved 30 points out of curses why would you do that?

{Thief}

in Necromancer

Ezeriel.9574

…You’re just left with weaker bleeds. Like 20-30 per tic weaker depending on how you spec.

I said “depending on how you spec”

….it’s not my fault none of you can read.

in Necromancer

flow.6043

Dude… depending on your build means: depending on the amount of toughness you have, the 6th undead bonus may vary.
You might as well say 0-100 weaker because you could also run a pure power build now, but that has nothing to do with the runes.

And there’s no way you got 150 condition damage from the undead bonus. That would mean you had 3k toughness, which is impossible.
With pure rabid and 20 in DM you get 1800 toughness, that means 90 extra condition damage. That’s 4,5 dmg extra per bleed tick.

in Necromancer

Ambrecombe.4398

Both of those information were seperated, so I think you should learn how to express yourself instead of blaming people and say they can’t read.

Secondly, if someone should cleanse your confusion, it would still be better than having your bleeds cleansed. Because necromancer, like warriors, requiere a setup time to get optimal damage out of bleeds making them both very susceptible against cleanse. So if we include only the first part about the rune, not the spec. The difference is risible sinds with a mix of Rabid/Apothecary (exotic/ascended), 300 from traits and runes of the Undead I barely get above 2000 toughness, so you lost around 5 bleed damage a sec but instead get an array of confusion damage, maybe not the best choice for Necromancer, sinds fears don’t interupt anymore sinds the Sigil of Paralyse nerf. But still decent enough to compensate for the 100 condition damage (stats) you lost.

PS : By the way just made those runes for my Engineer and they work pretty well on him too.

(edited by Ambrecombe.4398)

in Necromancer

Posted by: psygate.5632

psygate.5632

(1): +28 Condition Damage
(2): +15% Confusion Duration
(3): +55 Condition Damage
(4): 20% chance to cause Confusion on hit (15 second Cooldown).
(5): +100 Condition Damage
(6): +15% Confusion Duration. Causes 10 second of Confusion on interrupt.

Obviously the set is probably meant to be more directed at mesmers, but might be an interesting set for a 30/20/0/0/20 Burning Terrormancer? I presume we could proc the 6-set on well-timed fears, and with pizza the Confusion is at capped duration. Would like to know if anyone’s tried it / has any thoughts.

I run exactly that build, atm, with Terror and Master of Terror. And I gotta say, I’m not that much impressed. Yes, the 3 stacks confusion on hit are nice, but for me, with scepter dagger and staff, as long as fear is not an interrupt, it’s useless. I get 3 stacks of confusion, and bonus condition damage. I think, if nothing surprising happens, I’ll reroll to undead or necromancer. Just my throughts.

Nostalgyus-Necromancer (Kodash)

in Necromancer

Rennoko.5731

…You’re just left with weaker bleeds. Like 20-30 per tic weaker depending on how you spec.

Sorry… but I can run Superior runes of the Pirate and run 30/30/10/0/0, and get more condition damage than Undead Runes if I go 30/0/0/30/10. Guess pirate runes are much better for conditions.

It isn’t the runes that caused you to lose the condition damage as others have said, so commenting the runes in effect cause you to lose that damage is silly.

Bottom line, even without the 6 bonus, (in my opinion) are still the best we can get for a mix of good-great damage and an addtional condition freebie tacked on.

in Necromancer

oZii.2864

Sorry… but I can run Superior runes of the Pirate and run 30/30/10/0/0, and get more condition damage than Undead Runes if I go 30/0/0/30/10. Guess pirate runes are much better for conditions.

It isn’t the runes that caused you to lose the condition damage as others have said, so commenting the runes in effect cause you to lose that damage is silly.

Bottom line, even without the 6 bonus, (in my opinion) are still the best we can get for a mix of good-great damage and an addtional condition freebie tacked on.

Agree with Rennoko if your choice was always undead Perplexity is better more conditions is always better. It really is preference why take anything else though if you want max condi damage this is the best choice.

This isn’t a knock out of the park blow out for perplexity over undead but it is the better rune.

Maybe this makes it easier to understand what Ren is saying.

If you have 1 enemy that has:

5 stacks of bleeding 120 per tick
3 stacks of confusion
5 seconds of burning

then you have the same enemy that has

5 stacks of bleeding @ 125 per tick
5 seconds of burning

Which one is more likely to die faster? You could replace confusion with poison and the answer is still the one that has more damage conditions on him.

{Thief}

(edited by oZii.2864)

in Necromancer

Posted by: wolfpaq.7354

wolfpaq.7354

Right, and immediately afterwards someone pointed out a popular spec that would lose 4 damage per tic.

I’m not sure who taught you math, but 4 is not between 20 and 30.

Also, to lose 30 damage on your bleed tics you would have to lose a whopping 600 condition damage. You do realize that this is a discussion about runes right? To lose 600 condition damage you’d have to do a lot more than change spec & runes.

Basically you pulled 2 numbers out of thin air and you’re getting mad because you got called on your BS.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Anchoku.8142

Anchoku.8142

I am going to try this set out on a conditionmancer with rabid gear this weekend, maybe even tonight. I need to consider which sigils I want and make sure I have enough precision but I suspect I will like the result. However, I also suspect these runes will get nerfed before too long. The potential in certain other professions may be too OP.

in Necromancer

Rennoko.5731

I am going to try this set out on a conditionmancer with rabid gear this weekend, maybe even tonight. I need to consider which sigils I want and make sure I have enough precision but I suspect I will like the result. However, I also suspect these runes will get nerfed before too long. The potential in certain other professions may be too OP.

You know I thought that as well, but as the days are going by… Almost no one is complaining about these runes. They may escape a hard nerf, and just get a soft ICD nerf.

In reality, interrupting is not an easy thing for most classes to do that would run a condition build. It is notably powerful on thief pistol 4, but since they were already the king of 1v1 condition duels, it hardly makes a big difference (and they lose cloak and dagger).

Warriors make insane use of these runes, but they are so easy to take down in reasonable sized group fights, it hardly matters. If they want to get more interrupts they have to give up sword offhand etc, so it balances out.

Mesmers already had lots of confusion, and their condition build was weaker than most others, so while it helps them a good bit, it doesn’t overpower them.

Condition rangers don’t get many interrupts either.

So when you get right down to it.. with an ICD of 10-15 seconds, these runes really are fine. (Except for the obvious case of necro if they fix it to where fear works as an interrupt). Hence the reason I think they will leave that bug in place.

Unfortunately we are literally the only class that if you tossed in 3-8 stacks of confusion the fight just gets stupid, due to our already high burst.

Think what happens with these runes if you get lucky while casting signet of spite (and it crits). 2 bleeds, blind, cripple, poison, 5 vuln, weakness, burn, 3 confusion. Follow that up with DS2 and DS3 and DS5, and how they have 11 conditions on them in less than 3 seconds.

Of course without the confusion it would still be 10 conditions, which is also a lot, but the extra 600-620 damage from those 3 stack of confusion is a big boost (much better than retaliation for conditions). Now add 5 more stacks everytime we fear an auto attack? I can be hopeful, but I won’t be holding my breath.

in Necromancer

oZii.2864

We did some dueling last night me and my friend both have these runes on our mesmer’s and hands down this set is maximized on a Mesmer 25 stacks is very easy to get and possible multiple times over the course of a fight and 10+ is not hard to maintain at all.

I ran all my classes through to try against him on his mesmer and my Necro actually did the best against this it really was in my favor just because of deathly swarm and putrid mark easy transfers back to him.

My p/d thief(also with these runes) with d/p off set(for headshot spam/interrupt) I got him the first time with 15 stacks of confusion. After the first fight I just got slaughtered many times.

I hope they don’t get nerfed but I fear they might end up putting a icd on the 6 piece bonus even still the set will still be very good I feel.

{Thief}

(edited by oZii.2864)

in Necromancer

Dietzen.6127

I’d welcome confusion spam on me, I’ve gotten used to staff #4, dagger #4 and plague signet, + consume conditions. These last couple of days running solo roam, no condition stays on me for long, it’s awesome tbh. + carrying the trait for signets, means I can use signet of spite and plague every 48 seconds, along with dagger transfer every 18 secs and 25 on staff, it’s a lot of transfer tbh

in Necromancer

Posted by: Zera.8907

Zera.8907

Did the 4pc bonus always have a 15 sec cd listed? If not it does now after the 6pm est patch.

Blackgate: Zera Mithrandir- Reaper| Zera Targaryen-Mes|Zera Naharis – Ranger|

in Necromancer

Posted by: Roe.3679

Roe.3679

I think this set was pretty clearly introduced for mesmers because they seem to be pushing an interrupt and control heavy spec for them. I suppose it also helps warriors and engineers too, but it doesn’t seem worth changing the spec around as a necro because of the few interrupts. I could see it for a hybrid build, though.

Personally I’m not even wasting the gold on these because 5 stacks of confusion with no ICD seems like it’s going to get beaten pretty severely with the nerfbat, since few if any other rune sets have a similarly powerful effect.

in Necromancer

Ambrecombe.4398

I think this set was pretty clearly introduced for mesmers because they seem to be pushing an interrupt and control heavy spec for them. I suppose it also helps warriors and engineers too, but it doesn’t seem worth changing the spec around as a necro because of the few interrupts. I could see it for a hybrid build, though.

Personally I’m not even wasting the gold on these because 5 stacks of confusion with no ICD seems like it’s going to get beaten pretty severely with the nerfbat, since few if any other rune sets have a similarly powerful effect.

Well I personnaly don’t see why the no ICD has to go away, yeah it is OP with a couple of combination of traits and professions who are getting a lot of interupts. But it clearly works the same way as distracting strike from the Warrior, but how many people complain about the Warrior distracting strike? Simple, the answer is none.

All professions have interupts, but all of them beside from Warriors and Thieves have usualy pretty long cooldowns, even Mesmers have some solid cooldowns on their interupt skills. Also most of the control weapons are usualy not adapted for condition builds and when it does, those interupt usualy have long cooldown. The only one able to spam those is are Thiefs, but again Dual Pistol condition builds, are pretty limited without decent stealth options and some poisons. And Dager&Pistol is power oriented. So to make it work you will probably have to run a hybrid and loose some power damage in exchange of the confusion generation and extra bleed damage from your auto-attack.

Worse case scenario I can see coming in the later run is a small nerf in duration and intensity like 4 stacks for 8sec instead of 5 stacks for 10sec.

But the no ICD is something I am pretty sure will stay.

(edited by Ambrecombe.4398)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Roe.3679

Roe.3679

I don’t know how they might address it, but I’m fairly confident it won’t stay the way it is.

And people don’t complain about 4 stacks of confusion per interrupt, but now it’ll be 9 with these runes. That’s a big change, and points the finger at the runes being the problem.

But if we learned anything from terror, maybe they would just nerf that warrior trait and call it even.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Zzod.5791

Zzod.5791

I don’t know why people are hesitating in getting this because they are fearing a nerf through the introduction of an internal cooldown timer. As of right now, we can only daze through spectral grasp and warhorn daze. So, if an ICD is introduced, it will most surely be not introduce an application bottleneck that we aren’t already facing through our limited options in actually interrupting someone. And no, I don’t see fear being changed into an interrupt.