Take my life

Take my life

in Necromancer

Posted by: Frost.1503

Frost.1503

I would like see a elite skill that you sacrifice your self and you recover the people around you, remove all boon to the enemy and spread every condition for 5 pulse AoE.
You can use this elite skill only if you have more than 25% of life.
Sorry for my English I hope you will understand xD.

(edited by Frost.1503)

Take my life

in Necromancer

Posted by: Westwater.1095

Westwater.1095

If Anet implemented this, they would literally be telling Necros to go kill themselves. That’s quite fitting, actually. Rangers should get this skill too.

Take my life

in Necromancer

Posted by: Raz.1632

Raz.1632

Don’t really think it fits. Necros are all about the deaths of OTHER things, they’re not really the martyr type. Might make sense for some sort of transform, like a perma-Lich where you gain tremendous power, but your life slowly drains (only stopped if you are doing damage) and when it runs out, you die. Something like that – Necros are willing to harm themselves in the name of gaining power, but dying so others can live really doesn’t seem like a Necromancer gig.

Take my life

in Necromancer

Posted by: Frost.1503

Frost.1503

Don’t really think it fits. Necros are all about the deaths of OTHER things, they’re not really the martyr type. Might make sense for some sort of transform, like a perma-Lich where you gain tremendous power, but your life slowly drains (only stopped if you are doing damage) and when it runs out, you die. Something like that – Necros are willing to harm themselves in the name of gaining power, but dying so others can live really doesn’t seem like a Necromancer gig.

Mmmmmhhhh….. And if with his life(the necro) open a portal to the hell from where come every second new minion and the only way for close it, is destroy it?
This Elite can be used every 240 sec and the minion can’T go out from his radius.

Take my life

in Necromancer

Posted by: Wondrouswall.7169

Wondrouswall.7169

(Kind of) Reminds of me of Rangers using Spirit of Nature in LV47 Fractals… Maybe cool to have.

PET PRECISION & DPS TESTS -OUTDATED-
Will update once Path of Fire releases.

Take my life

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ghost.6418

Ghost.6418

F2 skill that does a massive AOE Heal and AOE Damage which consumes your life force maybe something.

Take my life

in Necromancer

Posted by: meow one twenty.4376

meow one twenty.4376

F2 skill that does a massive AOE Heal and AOE Damage which consumes your life force maybe something.

Im hoping for a LF draining support specialization akin to Revenant.

Alright meow, where were we?

Take my life

in Necromancer

Posted by: Aktium.9506

Aktium.9506

they’re not really the martyr type.

Uh-huh.

Take my life

in Necromancer

Posted by: Dhampyr.2813

Dhampyr.2813

Unholy martyr is one of our traits. We are selfish so this idea wont work. Unholy martyr is a great example of how we selfishly support our allies, it pulls condis off our allies but the real aim was to live longer.

Killing ourselves is in no way selfish. If the skill in question was a blast that throws all condis on allies onto enemies behind them it would probably feel more at home. Could even throw health out from closer enemies onto allies behind while were at it. Versatile skill that needs allies (or minions) and is only helping because we want to kill the enemies.

(edited by Dhampyr.2813)

Take my life

in Necromancer

Posted by: Vydahr.4285

Vydahr.4285

they’re not really the martyr type.

Uh-huh.

The caveat there would be that Necromancers are willing to be martyrs, but they better get some pretty big personal benefit out of it

Drahvienn
Sylvari Power Reaper

Take my life

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sublimatio.6981

Sublimatio.6981

If Anet implemented this, they would literally be telling Necros to go kill themselves. That’s quite fitting, actually. Rangers should get this skill too.

Take my life

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ragion.2831

Ragion.2831

Or a skill that lets necros lose say 50% Hp for huge party buffs

Take my life

in Necromancer

Posted by: Aktium.9506

Aktium.9506

stuff

more stuff

I don’t even remotely think OP’s post is any good nor do I support it. But we literally had a trait called unholy martyr.

Besides, don’t forget that Necromancer Wants To Get Hit Because We Have Double The Healthpool™

Take my life

in Necromancer

Posted by: Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Don’t really think it fits. Necros are all about the deaths of OTHER things, they’re not really the martyr type.

We sacrifice our own blood all the time though.

“Madness is just another way to view reality”
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-On3Ya0_4Y)

Take my life

in Necromancer

Posted by: Raz.1632

Raz.1632

Ok, there seems to be some confusion about the word “martyr.” A martyr is someone killed for their beliefs, but in this usage I was referring more to the idea of dying selflessly. Absorbing conditions from someone else to make yourself stronger (stay in Shroud longer) is not selfless. Nor is spending blood or taking a condition to gain an advantage or injure someone else.

OP’s idea is about sacrificing yourself completely. Dying. Necromancer’s are not about dying, that’s what a martyr does – no matter what ANet calls that trait, it’s not really being a martyr unless you die, which a good player won’t do (we have plenty of tools for offsetting those conditions). My point was that a Necro doesn’t want to die, unless there was some sort of powerful, dark rebirth involved (like common lich lore). No Necro is going to just kill himself for a minor benefit for others or slight impact on enemies. We’re not martyrs.