The Reaper and the Minion Build

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lonewolf Kai.3682

Lonewolf Kai.3682

Will the new Reaper spec and typical Minion build work together? I mostly want to keep my minion build and just swing around a GS for the asthetics.

“Be like water” – Bruce Lee

in Necromancer

Posted by: OlliX.1705

OlliX.1705

Yes, pretty sure you can combine the two.

[qT] Necro main.

in Necromancer

Posted by: HardRider.2980

HardRider.2980

I’ll just put this out there
Putrid defense
deadly strength
Death nova :p

or Flesh of the master
deadly strength
necromantic corruption xD

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

in Necromancer

Posted by: Zoso.8279

Zoso.8279

Yes I think they will.

Necromancer Main

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

They’ll work, you’ll most likely use condi with the new shout, and power with the weapon. 5x Death Nova from one skill is pretty nice.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Posted by: DarkMezmer.5198

DarkMezmer.5198

Well with the new Rise shout it might be possible to get 6 death novas off if the initial 5 kills a foe which then spawn another horror which will die creating another death nova. Adding bone minions on with putrid explosion at best that’s 8 novas going off in a very short time frame with just 2 utilities skills. As a necro player I’m not sure if I should be excited about doing this to players or terrified of having other necros doing this to me.

in Necromancer

Posted by: witcher.3197

witcher.3197

5x Death Nova from one skill is pretty nice.

Minion Bomber is back! :P

in Necromancer

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

How much direct damage does death nova do and does it use your stats?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Falcon.8713

Falcon.8713

They’ll work, you’ll most likely use condi with the new shout, and power with the weapon. 5x Death Nova from one skill is pretty nice.

Or 6 if 1 happens to be a ranger Kappa

My necromancer got upgraded to a scythe-wielding maniac.. I like it.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Shiki.7148

Shiki.7148

Especially with poison stacking now. Sad thing is that bleed seems to have taken a major hit of almost 50% damage… Well that were the numbers in the DH-Ready Up at least. Propably not final.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140

in Necromancer

Posted by: striker.3704

striker.3704

The new reaper specialization will work with both minion build styles quite well.

necromantic corruption build- more jagged horrors means you get more conditions removed from you in quick succession (it also means more units proccing vampiric hits). The shout also gives you something good for bigger group fights, which the necromantic corruption build lacks.

death nova build- pretty obvious, a lot more fodder for death nova. bone minions+rise shout will be core for the death nova build. It will definitely benefit the minion bomber spec more between the two.

The new reaper spec also boosts chill by a lot, which is incredibly useful to necromancers who use axe+focus.

hell, I think the only spec reaper ISN’T good for is a straight conditions spec.

D/S/R necromancer F/A/T elementalist
S/I/F engineer Z/R/D guard

(edited by striker.3704)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

How much direct damage does death nova do and does it use your stats?

1.2k I believe, doesn’t use your stats but I believe it was increased by TotM before they were made mutually exclusive. Also someone check how much poison it pulses currently, I think it is 3 pulses of 5s of poison each, so a full set of 5 jagged horrors could stack 15 poison.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build