The "Thank you devs" thread

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kraag Deadsoul.2789

Kraag Deadsoul.2789

We’re a very passionate bunch when it comes to our favorite profession, the necromancer. Though born from a sincere desire to see improvements made to the class and the game as a whole, at times our constructive criticisms can come across as more “criticism” and less “constructive”.

This isn’t an apologist thread, however; we’re far from it being all puppy dogs and rainbows where necromancers are concerned. There are bugs still left to fix, traits to be ironed out, and an overarching vision for the necromancer that has yet to be fully realized. That said, devs are human, too. It helps to hear a “thank you” or “good job” from time-to-time to balance the angry rants (legitimate though they may be).

So let’s use this thread to show our appreciation to the devs for the things for which we’re thankful. I fully realize this thread is ripe for derailment, hijacking, and trolling. For those who wish to remain true to the spirit in which it’s created, I would ask that we simply stay on topic and not allow ourselves to be distracted. A short but genuine word of thanks to the devs for whatever it is you’re grateful for (bug fix, new feature, trait improvement, etc.) and leave it at that. If it could be stickied, all the better.

To open with, I’d like to thank the devs for being more responsive and communicative this past week. It is heartening to see a red post from a dev in the necromancer thread.

So many souls, so little time. ~ Kraag Deadsoul

in Necromancer

Posted by: Targuil.3741

Targuil.3741

I also thank the devs for ramping up the active communication. It really means alot to know what’s going on.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
I think I should remove this quote given the recent developement.

in Necromancer

Posted by: hatlan.9462

hatlan.9462

Yeah thank you Anet, you made me quit your game and now I can play other games I never did before =)

There have been some dev’ activity recently but I can’t say “thanks” before I see the next balance uptade.. because even with zero expectation they still manage to disappoint me every month.

Ranik Fort Necromancer

in Necromancer

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

I will thank them when the HP fix is finally implemented and working. I do appreciate the sudden increase in attention from Jon Peters though. It is refreshing to actually get some acknowledgement of our bugs once in a while.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Roe.3679

Roe.3679

I’ll hop on this thread. We’ve had a few red posts lately (granted about problems that never should have existed) and it seems like they are at least trying. I know Necros are a topic in the upcoming SOTG video happening today.

I really want the Necro to be at the same level as a lot of other classes, and I am pretty much shelving mine until then. But it seems more obvious that the Devs are looking at the Necro the way that they recently looked at the Ranger, and they deserve some credit for trying.

in Necromancer

Posted by: jalmari.3906

jalmari.3906

Thank you for giving 7 other classes to play while necro is being fixed.

Thank you for jagged horror, funny thing which keeps me in combat stance if I somehow manage to kill something and dies before next fight.

Thank you for marks which keep me in combat stance, especially if I dodge to avoid some random trash mob.

Thank you for all the traits which still do not work.

Thank you for fear, the awesome cc which has too short durations to be really useful

Thank you for nerfing all little stability boons we had

Thank you for having gap closers which do not work 90% of time.

Thank you for having DS with not many useful skills at all.

Thank you for nerfing axe

Thank you for nerfing DS

Thank you for nerfing stability, yes I want to say it twice.

Thank you for having tons of AoE with AoE limit of 5 targets

Thank you for having this awesome class with useless conditions. It is very fun to play if you go full power/toughness/vitality with no minions.

Thank you for having complicated self healing which doesn’t scale well if at all with healing power.

Thank you thank you.

Guardian 80 Necromancer 80 Ranger 80 Mesmer 80 Elementalist 80 Warrior 80

(edited by jalmari.3906)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Panhauramix.2784

Panhauramix.2784

As an IT guy myself, I just hope you don’t let those affect any of you personnally. “Clients” just want their needs satisfied, and in gaming we can be nasty clients.

Keep up the work!

80’s: Razdhül Necro/Desire Mesmer/ Ykarys War/ Yphrit Ele/
Panhauramix Guardian/Pistoleros Engineer/ Orbite Thief
Gates of Madness – Leader of Homicide Volontaire [HV]

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rennoko.5731

Rennoko.5731

I will thank them when the HP fix is finally implemented and working. I do appreciate the sudden increase in attention from Jon Peters though. It is refreshing to actually get some acknowledgement of our bugs once in a while.

+1 from me. Dying in WvW nearly instantly after going downed makes small group fighting, and me being there, a liability to my team. I represent a free rally when I go down, and I have limited ways to prevent that from happening. We already get focused since we cannot get away.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Whelm.9072

Whelm.9072

As an IT guy myself, I just hope you don’t let those affect any of you personnally. “Clients” just want their needs satisfied, and in gaming we can be nasty clients.

Keep up the work!

Essentially this. If people didn’t love the world they created they wouldn’t be so invested in their class and want to spend their entertainment time here. That being said, if my clients are wholly dissatisfied I don’t get paid (though it is next to impossible to satisfy all clients for all aspects in a monumental undertaking like a AAA MMO)

in Necromancer

Posted by: daimonos.9831

daimonos.9831

Thank you for the quick fix to staff mastery .

Do please fix the 1/3-downed-health bug: I’m always amazed when downed while playing an alt how long I get. I’d love to have this on my necro as well!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Loyo.8526

Loyo.8526

+1 from me. Dying in WvW nearly instantly after going downed makes small group fighting, and me being there, a liability to my team. I represent a free rally when I go down, and I have limited ways to prevent that from happening. We already get focused since we cannot get away.

Sigh, this is my biggest gripe about the class right now really. There is so much things that are annoying or wrong with necro that you can usually deal with and keep playing, but the downed hp bug makes play sooooo tough. My friend I roam with may not say it to me, but im pretty sure she doesn’t like that if I go down, whatever person we just worked on usually gets a free rally. I certainly don’t. When this gets fixed, it will be a weight of our shoulders.

Khloe Deschanel – Human Necromancer/ Ami Ginju – Human Ranger [DOLO] -SBI
I stream sometimes: http://www.twitch.tv/kidtofu/
“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum”

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lalangamena.3694

Lalangamena.3694

Thank you for jagged horror, funny thing which keeps me in combat stance if I somehow manage to kill something and dies before next fight.

Thank you for marks which keep me in combat stance, especially if I dodge to avoid some random trash mob.

Thank you for fear, the awesome cc which has too short durations to be really useful

Thank you for nerfing DS

Thank you for having this awesome class with useless conditions. It is very fun to play if you go full power/toughness/vitality with no minions.

Thank you for having complicated self healing which doesn’t scale well if at all with healing power.

Thank you thank you.

I laughed….

then I cried…..

so true…

in Necromancer

Posted by: Nay of the Ether.8913

Nay of the Ether.8913

Thank you devs for increased communication, it’s much needed for our little corner of the community.

Thank you for the changes to underwater combo fields and finishers, where we were juggernauts underwater before, we are now gods

Thank you for taking your time to do our balance right, even if it risks the necro’s wrath, and for being patient with us when we flip out over bugs (no that was not sarcastic, I really mean it)

And just thanks overall for an amazing game.

http://almunns.wix.com/elitedeathsociety
~Surrender fiend and you will get an easy death
~I could promise you the same…but it would be a lie…

in Necromancer

Posted by: Andele.1306

Andele.1306

Thank you for nerfing DS

Thank you thank you.

I laughed....

then I cried.....

so true...

Oh, did you think I wanted to thank you?
That would be funny
if it weren’t so sad...
*50000 flesh wurms take aim at next devs head that wants to go on necro forums before they start signing, but then they bug out and give charr voices*

When life gives you lemon, ask if its from a anime or manga.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rennoko.5731

Rennoko.5731

That would be funny
if it weren’t so sad…
50000 flesh wurms take aim at next devs head that wants to go on necro forums before they start signing, but then they bug out and give charr voices

I had a hilarious image in my mind of 5000 flesh worms all saying “CHAR NEEDS NO GODS”, in husky char voices… then following it up with funny worm goopey noises.

in Necromancer

Andele.1306

That would be funny
if it weren’t so sad...
*50000 flesh wurms take aim at next devs head that wants to go on necro forums before they start signing, but then they bug out and give charr voices*

I had a hilarious image in my mind of 5000 flesh worms all saying "CHAR NEEDS NO GODS", in husky char voices... then following it up with funny worm goopey noises.

I had the exact same idea when adding the bug out part but them saying Guns and Iron, Fury and BLOOD!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

Thank you Chaplan! For those who don’t know, Chaplan was watching the Twitch stream of the BoC podcast last night for most of it, and also answering questions and talking with the viewers. He has also said he would like to be on the podcast in the future.

That is what I love about the Devs in this game. They are completely involved with the community, and take time out of their day to talk with us and communicate what they are doing in the future.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Posted by: emon.1863

emon.1863

Does anyone say to you “Thx” ,when you are doing your job wrong ? – NO
So I’m sry ANet sPvP Devs, but there is no thx from me – because you even not folowing your own policy. Rest of Anet team are doing great job – but thous aspects are not for me.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Tezcatlipoca.4965

Tezcatlipoca.4965

Thank you for the amazing necromancer class, which does have problems no doubt, but somehow managed to captivate me. And made me enjoy the game for 1000+ hours.

I am confused by many people in this thread. You are complaining about the necromancer. You appear to strongly dislike the necromancer. Okay….but then you have enough time to write posts in the necromancer forum about how dev’s don’t deserve any thanks because they are doing a bad job? You could do it sooo much better right? Go to the mesmer forum complain there; make them look bad.

You selected few are giving us other necros a bad image. You guys seriously wonder why dev’s don’t like to write in our forums?

Officer of [EM], Sylvari Necromancer
Jade Quarry

in Necromancer

Posted by: citizankane.5723

citizankane.5723

in Necromancer

Posted by: Blaine Tog.8304

Blaine Tog.8304

Thanks, guys! I just saw the SotG and I think it;s great that you’re thinking critically about how to give the Necro mastery of its niche rather than just loading it up with the stuff everyone else has.

The sarcasm is extremely counterproductive.

I main Ele and Necro, though I have an alt of each profession at level 80.
How to Condi Reaper on a budget
Everything I say is only in reference to PvE and WvW.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Yendorion.2381

Yendorion.2381

Thank you? I’m not the kind sorry but I have another way of showing my appreciation, that is in my early box and gem purchases. Frankly I see it as a professional customer relations by having fellow customers & my own criticism which I always take care it’s always given in good faith & constructive looked into & addressed within reasonable time. I’m afraid this simply hasn’t happened enough, at least now interaction has been ramped up a bit & this may bide well but we will see.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Vex.7486

Vex.7486

Thankyou again for the incoming Spiteful Talisman fix and for taking the time to talk to us. Always happy to hear from the devs.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Slagburst.5304

Slagburst.5304

Thanks. I have played a Necromancer since release and greatly enjoy him, more so since Asura are superior. While this is my first non sub game in 14 years of sub mmos, and I will probably never again play a buy to play, I do understand how important it is to slowly build up a class to keep it from being to powerful (LOL at Necros in Age of Conan). Regardless of how the necromancer turns out, I enjoy the class more so they any other in this game and until I leave GW2 for something else, Necro is my main. OH and thank you for finally thinking of making weakness affect both crit and non crit chance. That alone with our many ways of giving weakness will be an amazing combo with many of my builds!

Attachments:

(edited by Slagburst.5304)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Engels.8537

Engels.8537

Thank you for nerfing DS

Thank you thank you.

Thank you for giving us eternal cast times

Thank you for not giving us burning or confusion for the sake of the balance… otherwise we would be OP as the engineers

Thank you for not giving us more access to poison

Thank you for a messed trait tree

Thank you for no acess to vigor

Thank you for not giving us tools to chase and kill our enemies

Thank you for not giving us tools to escape

Thank you for a slow motion class no leap abilities

Thank you for many useless abilities

Thank you for slow motion projectiles

Thank you for not giving us cleave weapons

Thank you for the bad look of our minions, two rats, the balloon, another rat with a tail and a chicken

Thank you for the bleed cap

Thank you for a class mechanic designed to be effective in a single build

Thank you… thank you so much

Don’t talk to me about toughness and vitality, damage avoidance is all in this game

in Necromancer

Posted by: Engels.8537

Engels.8537

Keep up the work!

As an IT guy myself too I know that after a certain period of time where, despite you start trying to find a solution, the customer is already so angry that he will try to kill you with a spoon as soon as he see you,

There’s a time for everything… there was no comunication and the only responses I heard were l2p, l2 master DS, we don’t want to make huge changes etc etc etc

Now we got the ranger hitting like a truck in companion of his pet (hitting like a truck too) and a freaking inmortal engineer…

As I said, thanks

PD: The balance team should be fired, but yesterday !

Don’t talk to me about toughness and vitality, damage avoidance is all in this game

in Necromancer

Posted by: Gizmorage.6412

Gizmorage.6412

thank you for this sotg guys, happy to see we do get some love and keep up the good work, that cheered me up seeing you were still very enthousiastic about pvp and all ^^

“Trust me, i’m a medic”

in Necromancer

Blaine Tog.8304

Dude, are you trying to drive the devs from posting? There is no benefit in making this forum a hostile place. None. Well, I guess it salves your misanthropy, but it also hurts the community, makes the place generally unpleasant, and makes it difficult for the devs to jump into the conversation. These comments are selfish and harmful.

We need to be merely firm in our criticisms rather than sarcastic and nasty. That’s a far more productive attitude to take.

(edited by Blaine Tog.8304)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Dredlord.8076

Dredlord.8076

Thanks for what?

if this was a restaurant and the devs were the cooks and servers they would not be getting a tip after this meal.

Took forever to get seated, a couple of thieves arrived after and were seated before us.

Order was mixed up or description on menu was wrong, my meal had no sustain as promised.

Food was under cooked and just not prepared well, sent meal back, second meal came even worse.

Manager was no where to be found.

Server pointed to the other classes patrons and told me they are enjoying their meals so I must need to learn how to use my utensils and once I had mastered that the food would taste better.

again what are we thanking them for?

in Necromancer

Dredlord.8076

Dude, are you trying to drive the devs from posting? There is no benefit in making this forum a hostile place. None. Well, I guess it salves your misanthropy, but it also hurts the community, makes the place generally unpleasant, and makes it difficult for the devs to jump into the conversation. These comments are selfish and harmful.

We need to be merely firm in our criticisms rather than sarcastic and nasty. That’s a far more productive attitude to take.

In any other industry outside of government workers this kind of customer service would get you fired. Don’t make excuses for kittenty service.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Iceflame.5024

Iceflame.5024

Ha ha ha, good one.

In any other industry outside of government workers this kind of customer service would get you fired. Don’t make excuses for kittenty service.

Heh, I was wondering if I should post this exact same thought again. I see it more as in if this was not the gaming industry the company would get shut down or just die by itself lol. These kind of things are only possible in the gaming industry these days.

in Necromancer

Bhawb.7408

If you actually think that what we are seeing is bad customer service, I really start to wonder if you even thought about what you were saying. These devs take time out of their day to come on live streams as guests, they take time out to watch tournaments and podcasts, and talk with people during them. They are taking an intelligent approach to fixing the game, one that is shown to be effective by far more popular games, and an approach that in the end makes the game much more enjoyable to their customers: us.

If you want examples of bad customer service, or completely ignoring consumer base, then you don’t need to look far to find far more impressive examples of not caring at all for their customers.

My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Dredlord.8076

If you actually think that what we are seeing is bad customer service, I really start to wonder if you even thought about what you were saying. These devs take time out of their day to come on live streams as guests, they take time out to watch tournaments and podcasts, and talk with people during them. They are taking an intelligent approach to fixing the game, one that is shown to be effective by far more popular games, and an approach that in the end makes the game much more enjoyable to their customers: us.

If you want examples of bad customer service, or completely ignoring consumer base, then you don’t need to look far to find far more impressive examples of not caring at all for their customers.

its time to get some life experience kid, the necro class has received terrible customer service up till now.

The devs do these things because * it’s their kittening job*. I have many friends in the game industry all of whom have 10 plus years experience. They do these things because it is required of them as part of promoting the games they are working on.

The strategy they have used to balance the game has not been intelligent both from a business perspective and a customer service perspective.

Bawb your blatant fanboism is clouding your judgement and you have very little experience with mmo’s to back up your ridiculous opinions.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Yendorion.2381

Yendorion.2381

You forget the part where they are getting paid for it. The examples of bad customer can be many but one does not excuse the other.

in Necromancer

Andele.1306

You forget the part where they are getting paid for it. The examples of bad customer can be many but one does not excuse the other.

Look up NCsofts earnings releases, most of the cash from GW2 (that is currently around 40% of their income), is going into WildStar and Aion… you cant really blame it all on a-net, more on greedy corporate scums that dont give them the money they earned.

in Necromancer

Dredlord.8076

Look up NCsofts earnings releases, most of the cash from GW2 (that is currently around 40% of their income), is going into WildStar and Aion… you cant really blame it all on a-net, more on greedy corporate scums that dont give them the money they earned.

now you are barking up the correct tree, the development of the game up until release was done by a different crew and a bunch of low paid inexperienced greenhorns were left to balance the game on a budget.

in Necromancer

Posted by: flow.6043

flow.6043

its time to get some life experience kid, the necro class has received terrible customer service up till now.

The devs do these things because * it’s their kittening job*. I have many friends in the game industry all of whom have 10 plus years experience. They do these things because it is required of them as part of promoting the games they are working on.

The strategy they have used to balance the game has not been intelligent both from a business perspective and a customer service perspective.

Bawb your blatant fanboism is clouding your judgement and you have very little experience with mmo’s to back up your ridiculous opinions.

Get some life experience? Rediculous opinions?
That’s quite the condescending tone for someone who (on absolutely no legal basis) feels so entitled to a certain level of attention to the class he happens to be playing.
You (among others) seem to think that making the necro exactly how you want him to be is in the devs job description.

It’s one thing to argue that players would be more satisfied with a better working product, hence increasing the customer base. But to assume that Anet deliberately neglects us, or that the devs are too lazy or just don’t care about the necro, that’s just absurd.

in Necromancer

Dredlord.8076

Get some life experience? Rediculous opinions?
That’s quite the condescending tone for someone who (on absolutely no legal basis) feels so entitled to a certain level of attention to the class he happens to be playing.
You (among others) seem to think that making the necro exactly how you want him to be is in the devs job description.

It’s one thing to argue that players would be more satisfied with a better working product, hence increasing the customer base. But to assume that Anet deliberately neglects us, or that the devs are too lazy or just don’t care about the necro, that’s just absurd.

customer service is not based on legality it is based on customer satisfaction, if your customer service dips to the level of legality then you have failed at customer service.

I don’t expect the necro to be designed to my liking, but at the very least it should fit the devs own vision of it, which it does not. attrition anyone? suck it up flow you are wrong about this so move on.

For you to think that every employee at anet cares deeply for every aspect of their job is actually what is absurd. Have you even had a job yet?

in Necromancer

Blaine Tog.8304

Thanks for what?

If you can’t say anything nice, at least say something constructive.

Ok first of all, Anet’s been doing pretty good by MMO standards. Starting up an MMO is the biggest, most complicated thing you can do in the video game industry and consequently has a lot of problems that crop up. That the game only has as many bugs and balance issues that it does is a borderline miracle.

More importantly, I’m not saying we should let our problems with the Necro go unheard. I’m saying we should be civil in our presentation of them, if not for the sake of our own blood pressures than for the purely practical reason that nobody wants to talk to a belligerent customer. The devs are by no means obligated to reply to us here on the forums. They have a busy job of trying to get the game up and running (it’s still in its early stages). If we want them to take the time to bother talking with us, running around crying bloody murder is exactly the wrong way to achieve that goal.

And if you’re really motivated to grouse, please do so in some other thread. This one’s supposed to be momentary break from that.

in Necromancer

Dredlord.8076

Thanks for what?

If you can’t say anything nice, at least say something constructive.

Ok first of all, Anet’s been doing pretty good by MMO standards. Starting up an MMO is the biggest, most complicated thing you can do in the video game industry and consequently has a lot of problems that crop up. That the game only has as many bugs and balance issues that it does is a borderline miracle.

More importantly, I’m not saying we should let our problems with the Necro go unheard. I’m saying we should be civil in our presentation of them, if not for the sake of our own blood pressures than for the purely practical reason that nobody wants to talk to a belligerent customer. The devs are by no means obligated to reply to us here on the forums. They have a busy job of trying to get the game up and running (it’s still in its early stages). If we want them to take the time to bother talking with us, running around crying bloody murder is exactly the wrong way to achieve that goal.

And if you’re really motivated to grouse, please do so in some other thread. This one’s supposed to be momentary break from that.

you quoted it, I will say it again.

stop making excuses….

if you think that making excuses is constructive you are dead wrong.

in Necromancer

Blaine Tog.8304

EDIT: Nevermind, this was off-topic.

in Necromancer

Bhawb.7408

How about we stay civil and on topic? This thread was specifically made to keep a positive tone, and similarly to how I was told to not talk balance in a joke thread (thanks to the person that did that), there is no reason to be not just negative, but outright belligerent in a positive thread.

My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Blaine Tog.8304

How about we stay civil and on topic? This thread was specifically made to keep a positive tone, and similarly to how I was told to not talk balance in a joke thread (thanks to the person that did that), there is no reason to be not just negative, but outright belligerent in a positive thread.

You’re right, of course. I apologize.

I’d like to thank the devs specifically for covering the Necro in so much detail in the SotG yesterday. Most of the SotGs cover every profession to a cursory degree, but it was nice to get so much more depth.

in Necromancer

Bhawb.7408

It wasn’t directed at you Blaine, you just posted faster than me :P

My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Posted by: Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Thanks for finally fixing Greater Marks. My favorite trait at the moment.

“Madness is just another way to view reality”
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-On3Ya0_4Y)

in Necromancer

Posted by: BadJas.5178

BadJas.5178

Wow, even a ‘thank you’ thread can’t stay civil too long. I think ANet customer service is quite good. They just don’t want to go overboard with the balance changes to ensure the metagame sees a gradual change rather than a complete overhaul every month. I totally get that.
And it’s totally cool the developers participate in streams, and when they don’t still show up to chat and provide input. Even if it’s a job requirement. Good job making that a job requirement for some developers ANet!

Thank you for fearing people off cliffs.
Thank you for corrupt boon.
Thank you for insane vulnerability stacking with axe/focus.
Thank you for 100 ways to stack bleeds.
Thank you for viable non-bleed builds.
Thank you for Dark Path.
Thank you for the Greater Marks trait.
Thank you for Terror and Master of Terror.
Thank you for all the awesome traits that can trigger on DS.
Thank you for working on the profession in a way that retains its identity.
Thank you for thinking.
Thank you for listening to player feedback, even if that means having to read this forum and some of its denizens.

Half-Digested Mass Effect [eww]
Gunnar’s Hold

in Necromancer

Posted by: Tommyknocker.6089

Tommyknocker.6089

Thank you for finally treating us as more than like the illegitimate step child of a failed marriage and actually working to change us. I cannot speak for others but even though I love the class it seems to me that EVERY other class has had more done to/for them, than we have. Every month I await the update hoping to see something that might be a nice bonus or make me want to rethink my build, but every month I come away with the same bad taste in my mouth.

This is not a complaint in the least, to the contrary, this is a sigh of relief from a very LONG playing necro waiting for something to say I can do better than another profession.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Umut.5471

Umut.5471

We have no option to be invulnerable while stomping a player…
(for ex. thieves have stealth, guard/warrior has stability, ele has mist form, mesmer has f4 shatter, engi has elixir s etc. etc.)
We have no option to escape from a zerg chasing us in wvw…
(like a stealth, weapon movement, or teleport skill)
We generally play as condition necros, yet there’s bleed stack limits on bosses so we can’t deal bleed damage if it reaches 25×.

What we need, buff again op d/d eles, thieves and engineers some more, or fix necro and balance it to other classes ?

At least give us an escape and player finishing option. Add these skills and abilities to death shroud for example. Ds needs to have permanent stability(or at least 5s without using a trait to finish enemies!) and an escape skill to balance necros to other classes.
A thief, mesmer can easily escape from the crowd, a warrior/ranger can use weapon movement skills to escape etc.. Why we can’t ?

If you don’t want to add these abilities to this class, then please nerf other classes’ escape/stomp options to balance. These are more important and annoying than other damage/skill based problems.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Roe.3679

Roe.3679

I wish everyone in this thread who is still QQing would remember that for most of the 9 months that the game has been out, that Necros weren’t the worst class. Engis and rangers were terrible for some time. Warriors are still in trouble.

They didn’t just straight neglect the class for that long. It wasn’t a priority until recently. They’ve fixed the bottom of the barrel classes, and now they’ve done that enough that we are next.

The context is everything with that accusation that they ignored Necros.

in Necromancer

Posted by: TyPin.9860

TyPin.9860

I like the necromancer. I played a mesmer before and fully ascended her. Now I wanted to try smth else and grew a necro. They are fun to play. There are issues. But go on in any other profession forum. You’ll see them complain over their profession the same. If u don’t like, don’t play it.

So I thank ANet for making this nice game and their continued efforts to improve on it. Although I remember them saying before release, that they would only release it, when it is ready… But I’ll leave that as a polite sitenote

[ROSE] – Fissure of Woe
Chronomancy works, I am proof of it. Now stop asking me questions. Time must be preserved!