The necro changes in two words

in Necromancer

Posted by: Malkavian.4516

Malkavian.4516

By minion resurrect you mean resurrecting corpses in battle to act as minions or resurrecting your existing minions (because necro minions unlike Ranger pets are dispensible). It seems that you are expecting a little too much, hence the disappointment you face.

FOR SKYRIM!!!!!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

I’ve actually been looking at Archeage bhawb you should check it out. Has some nice dark magic stuffs too ^^

will be f2p on release.

I looked at it, and it looked like a lot of stuff I really don’t care for. I mean I guess its f2p but I’m still unlikely to check it out. If I take a break it’ll be for league, or simply just a break.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lonewolf Kai.3682

Lonewolf Kai.3682

Utterly Underwhelming

Welcome to the Guardian boat, a boat we had to chug around in for a very long time! You can have my paddle as I’m getting into a better boat finally!

Oh? When did necros become a welcome and valuable part of every game mode?

Eh, not exactly my point, or the point this thread is about: underwhelming update to the class. However, your point is well made.

“Be like water” – Bruce Lee

in Necromancer

Posted by: The V.8759

The V.8759

The axe change is kind of a big damage increase actually.

One of the Firstborn Channel of Fvux

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ravezaar.4951

Ravezaar.4951

I agree with you it is, but despite that Axe is a failing Weapon and a blind man could see Ghastly Claws comming so dmg buff wont me a thing to as Skill that wont hit the target.

Underjordens Furste 80 Necro Piken-server
Servant of Dhuum

in Necromancer

Posted by: wiredrawn.7298

wiredrawn.7298

The one thing that worries me is that one trait is the only thing that will ever pop me into DS .. which means by impulse I’m going to be trying to pop into DS more than likely when it does, so I’ll end up taking myself out of DS right as it auto puts me into it throwing it on cooldown and me into premature dirtnap. Then later when I change my build and it doesn’t auto pop me into DS when I’m expecting it I’ll then realize I didn’t take this trait this time get mad and break a lamp … ug

in Necromancer

Posted by: jalmari.3906

jalmari.3906

Stomping and interacting in DS should have worked since launch, not least because you could exploit game mechanics to do it anyway. Much like ultra lame mistform stomp omg.

Axe change doesn’t make any difference it’s at best a supportive weapon to keep pressure on target. Currently I think best necro main hands are dagger, dagger and dagger. (sometimes also dagger). in pve you are forced to use staff and axe of course because of “damage projection” but hey it’s just pve.

Dagger cleave was probably mostly meant for pve. Otherwise most people would have probably something to make dagger actually shine better, like better DS sustain etc. Maybe better #2. Also #1 chain is annoyingly difficult to land last hit omg.

Also dmg or condis whatever is not most annoying issue with necromancer. You can do all of that at least decently. Most of your facepalm moments include being perma stunned/knocked down etc. And running out of DS in split second and not being able to get it back in any way decently. (mostly talking about pvp here ofc). It’s also funny that condiwarrior is probably more dangerous than condimancer because imba/op burning dmg but hehheh.

Wasn’t really expecting much anyhoo.

Guardian 80 Necromancer 80 Ranger 80 Mesmer 80 Elementalist 80 Warrior 80

in Necromancer

Posted by: manveruppd.7601

manveruppd.7601

The axe change is kind of a big damage increase actually.

It’s decent, but the problem with Deathly Claws is that, unlike, say, Life Siphon, you need to maintain facing throughout the channel, meaning it can be avoided too easily, without even dodging. The target can just walk through you, and the channel will not track.

I would prefer that they reworked it so it worked like Life Siphon (where if you have LOS at the startof the channel it keeps hitting), rather than giving it a damage boost.

Alternatively, they could’ve turned it into a cone-shaped aoe, like elementalist’s Drake Breath (dagger 2 fire), so it’d be harder to simply step out of it. Though that would probably be OP at its current damage level and at 600 range, so we’d be talkign about a total redesign.

A bad necromancer always blames the corpse.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

slow & steady

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

in Necromancer

manveruppd.7601

Slow and steady incremental changes is ok at frequent intervals. Slow and steady at 6 months apart isn’t incremental, it’s glacial.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Luke.4562

Luke.4562

So 2 words…

Extreme incompetence.

or

Hype scam.

or

Ain’t Necromancer.

PS: “When it’s ready” … 25 months later..

ALPHA, BETA, several months, … 1 Year later…“When it’s ready”[cit.]

(edited by Luke.4562)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

Slow and steady incremental changes is ok at frequent intervals. Slow and steady at 6 months apart isn’t incremental, it’s glacial.

It does go well with the general concept of necromancer..

ps i lol-ed

54 infractions and counting because a moderator doesn’t understand a joke when he/she sees it.
E.A.D.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Cam Ron.4170

Cam Ron.4170

Really don’t understand all of the hate. I play thief and necro exclusively, and honestly: I believe the necro is in a better spot than the Thief is. In PvP they’re about equal now. In WvW power necros are insanely good zergers, and condi necro’s stomp out most specs in a 1v1 with ease.

Now, I understand the disappointment if you’re a PvE ocndi necro- then life is tough. However, I think both power and condi specs in WvW and PvP are quite strong. The DS buff is pretty huge and I’m going to love the dagger cleave.

Sure we’re not as faceroll as engineers but I think the Necro is in a pretty balanced state.

I’m actually really excited to hop on WvW with D/WH necro after patch. I’ll be dropping “Close to Death” for “Banshees Wail”, which will give me perma swiftness (+8% movespeed upgrade from old builds) AND free up a utility slot which I may replace with the improved spectral armor.

(edited by Cam Ron.4170)

in Necromancer

Luke.4562

@Cam Ron:

What you can’t get is this.
1) the Necro is in a sick state, in design, skills, traits and build variety SINCE RELEASE; maybe some build allows you to faceroll or win with the right stars alignment, but that’s not enough after 2 years of development in relation to other classes.
2) most of the hate comes from the fact that most of “us” have been playing since release and in these 25 months the changes and the efforts which were made to fix the Necromancer were pathetic or unwanted:
3) most of the changes were unwanted, totally lackluster and showed an extreme incompetence and lack of a precise aim. They’ve been an extremely slow try and failure with no regards for the consequences.
Example Dhuumbfire. It just lead to the nerf of other traits with no balance in exchange. They just had to make the Necromancer seem viable for that tournamet that was rolling that months, after that they slammed the nerf hammer.
4) They showed to not care of our Feedback even if we had work hard with theorycrafting and also they trolled us badly multiple times. Check Signet of Vampirism. You troll a part of the angry community instead of aknowledging your errors.

This UNFINISHED list of fails this policy made is enough to be angry and to foresee what’s boiling in the pot.

In the end, they don’t care about Necromancer players, it’s just a percentage of customers they don’t care of till the rest of the boat floats and their $Engine keeps on rolling.
Instead of testifying they couldn’t make Necromancer a good class and avoiding to make it functional in their new game (2 years ago), they just kept it as a low effort work just to make more people and Necromancer fans buy the game to enhance their earnings.

We are the small fishes in this Arena-Net.

(edited by Luke.4562)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Cam Ron.4170

Cam Ron.4170

@Cam Ron:

1) the Necro is in a sick state, in design, skills, traits and build variety SINCE RELEASE; maybe some build allows you to faceroll or win with the right stars alignment, but that’s not enough after 2 years of development in relation to other classes.
2) most of the hate comes from the fact that most of “us” have been playing since release and in these 25 months the changes and the efforts which were made to fix the Necromancer were pathetic or unwanted:
3) most of the changes were unwanted, totally lackluster and showed an extreme incompetence and lack of a precise aim. They’ve been an extremely slow try and failure with no regards for the consequences.
Example Dhuumbfire. It just lead to the nerf of other traits with no balance in exchange. They just had to make the Necromancer seem viable for that tournamet that was rolling that months, after that they slammed the nerf hammer.
4) They showed to not care of our Feedback even if we had work hard with theorycrafting and also they trolled us badly multiple times. Check Signet of Vampirism. You troll a part of the angry community instead of aknowledging your errors.

This UNFINISHED list of fails this policy made is enough to be angry and to foresee what’s boiling in the pot.

In the end, they don’t care about Necromancer players, it’s just a percentage of customers they don’t care of till the rest of the boat floats and their $Engine keeps on rolling.
Instead of testifying they couldn’t make Necromancer a good class and avoiding to make it functional in their new game (2 years ago), they just kept it as a low effort work just to make more people and Necromancer fans buy the game to enhance their earnings.

True, there are some utterly useless skills and traits like SoV, and 2/3rds of the blood magic trait line, but to be fair every class has these problems of skill being totally impractical/useless. (so many god awful thief utilities).

So I agree that Necros certainly need more build diversity, but the “meta” specs are quite strong and fun IMO. Hopefully there are some blood magic buffs that weren’t mentioned on Skill Bar

in Necromancer

Posted by: NinjaEd.3946

NinjaEd.3946

Necro changes in four words…

Hop on board! I do know that my necro build isn’t going to change for squat after the update.

“I’m waiting for the staff to get off their lunch
break. I feel like they should be back by now..”

in Necromancer

Posted by: Muchacho.2390

Muchacho.2390

Hopefully there are some blood magic buffs that weren’t mentioned on Skill Bar

I hope so too but bloodmagic buffs that make the traitline viable are rather unlikely.

in Necromancer

Posted by: HeadCrowned.6834

HeadCrowned.6834

The 30 sec cooldown on Unholy Sanctuary will make this trait completely useless?

in Necromancer

Bhawb.7408

Its a CD on the forced DS entry only.

My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Posted by: TheAgedGnome.7520

TheAgedGnome.7520

It appears that the auto-DS change is part of a wider mindset change by ANet to turn GW2 into a spoonfed handholding babysitting MMO:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/This-IS-insulting

Stealth nerfs are the perfect fertilizer for mistrust.
PVE Power and Support Build

in Necromancer

Posted by: Dadnir.5038

Dadnir.5038

@Cam Ron:

Well I would like to point that Anet still did something good for Necromancer. The way they change our death magic minor traits was really great.

And yes the change on necro usually are slow and sometime dumb.

No core profession should be balanced around an optional elite specialization.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lightsbane.9012

Lightsbane.9012

Utterly Underwhelming

thanks anyway.

As quick as the Valkyries ride,
As true as Odin’s spear flies,
There is nowhere to hide.

in Necromancer

Luke.4562

@Cam Ron:

snip

Well I would like to point that Anet still did something good for Necromancer. The way they change our death magic minor traits was really great.

And yes the change on necro usually are slow and sometime dumb.

Yay, you’re right! That change is worth 25 months of kittenloads of balance fails and tooltip fixing.
You know, just some inches under that Death Magic trait line there’s something which hasn’t got a mindful change since September 2012.

Sorry for the sour irony, you know… the official patch notes have been released recently.

(edited by Luke.4562)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

I guess nothing new can be said after the patch, no real changes maybe a little more ping pong and a little more spike and immobilize added by now more fluid professions to fight against.
Who had some bugfixes that make escaping the necro even easier.
More dodges, more negating damage, more negating condition damage, actually more adrenaline, initiative and endurance refill to top off some nice leap rework, adding immunity to soft cc for most classes and to top it off buffs to AI except necromancer ofcourse. No runes, no trinklets, no serious minor triat rework, 1 bug fix and some stuff that wont matter much.

Thats about it..

Cheers.

54 infractions and counting because a moderator doesn’t understand a joke when he/she sees it.
E.A.D.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lethal Stranger.5093

Lethal Stranger.5093

Absolutely nothing

Necromancer/Engineer/Elementalist main
Plays every class though :>
The Dynasty Warriors [DW] – Far Shiverpeaks

in Necromancer

Posted by: Greenhill.8710

Greenhill.8710

I’m not a necromancer expert , but I have been playing quite a while to say this looks more like a nerf than a buff… necromancer needs some tough love above all for PvE no ones wants necromancer in their team and for good reason basicly useless and also they nerfed my favorite skill in the game the lichform wtf…. ( i play necromancer for that skill)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Xae.7204

Xae.7204

After a bit of gameplay the changes are a bit of a mixed bag.

Axe and Dagger are much better now. Yay Power Necros, you’re no longer trash tier, just subpar!

Axe is easily fixable. Unholy Feast(3) goes from Cripple to Chill. The Range on Rending Claws and Ghastly Claws goes to 900, possibly to 1200 with Axe Spec?

Dagger is a bit harder. I think the casting time on 2 has to come down, but I’m not sure that would be enough.

The big issue for me know is Elites.
They’re all pretty bad right now. I would put a Signet there instead of the Elites if I could.

in Necromancer

manveruppd.7601

They’re all pretty bad right now. I would put a Signet there instead of the Elites if I could.

Plague is still great in pvp, makes you tankier for those few seconds you need to survive while help arrives. I normally run Golem when I’m queueing solo and Plague only in organised groups (where you can actually EXPECT help when you call for it), but with the nerfs to charge I might switch to Plague full time.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Apokriphos.7042

Apokriphos.7042

Plague is still great in pvp, makes you tankier for those few seconds you need to survive while help arrives. I normally run Golem when I’m queueing solo and Plague only in organised groups (where you can actually EXPECT help when you call for it), but with the nerfs to charge I might switch to Plague full time.

Please see my recent post. Plague form no longer gives any bonus toughness.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Please see my recent post. Plague form no longer gives any bonus toughness.

Wrong. It still does.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

in Necromancer

Posted by: Loyo.8526

Loyo.8526

Just checked plague and it indeed doesnt give less toughness. or atleast doesnt work on hero panel

Im done with Necromancer for now anyway. this was just too much all at once. Every elite nerfed.

Khloe Deschanel – Human Necromancer/ Ami Ginju – Human Ranger [DOLO] -SBI
I stream sometimes: http://www.twitch.tv/kidtofu/
“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum”

(edited by Loyo.8526)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Apokriphos.7042

Apokriphos.7042

Before Plague:
[img]http://i57.tinypic.com/2jam6nb.jpg[/img]

During Plague:
[img]http://i58.tinypic.com/2m7vjie.jpg[/img]

(edited by Apokriphos.7042)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

[IMG]http://i58.tinypic.com/2m7vjie.jpg[/IMG]

Before Plague:

[IMG]http://i57.tinypic.com/2jam6nb.jpg[/IMG]

During Plague:

Your links aren’t showing anything.

Even so, if the hero UI doesn’t update, you do still take significantly less direct damage in Plague. Use the combat log for this, but it’s really clear.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

in Necromancer

Posted by: TheLastNobody.8319

TheLastNobody.8319

I have to ask a question cause…well I’m not 100% sure. Did minions always die when you go down?…cause if not that is something they also put in this patch.

A knight in shining armor is a man who never had his metal truly tested.

in Necromancer

manveruppd.7601

I’m down with my minions and they still rockin’ it.

Sorry, I’ll get my coat. I mean my minions don’t die when I get downed, just tested in HOTM.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Glov.5342

Glov.5342

good changes for dagger, axe and trait

all our elites suck. Since I’m sylvari I’ll become well/mark support in WvW with the big spirit.

in Necromancer

TheLastNobody.8319

weird, cause mine do for some reason, least in PvE.

in Necromancer

Bhawb.7408

Are they possibly dying at the same time as you?

My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

TheLastNobody.8319

Are they possibly dying at the same time as you?

No sir, did a test in Orr. Placed flesh wurm, let a veteran giant down me, then wurm was gone. I monitored his health and he did not receive any damage whatsoever. I do have the death nova trait on, but it doesn’t even play their death animations or leave the poison cloud. They just go poof.

in Necromancer

Bhawb.7408

So yeah, Flesh Wurm definitely dies when I get downed. Not sure if its for everyone because that’s harder to test, but its true.

My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Posted by: borrok.9267

borrok.9267

Nerfed elites…

I chose not to log in for many months, anticipating a good update for necros. See you all next year, maybe.

Teef master race

(edited by borrok.9267)

in Necromancer

TheLastNobody.8319

So I’m not crazy! Take that you voices in my head!….no I don’t want tacos.

in Necromancer

manveruppd.7601

So yeah, Flesh Wurm definitely dies when I get downed. Not sure if its for everyone because that’s harder to test, but its true.

Is this in pve or pvp? When I tested in heart of the mists it definitely stayed alive.

in Necromancer

Bhawb.7408

I did it in Heart of the Mists, and all the minions died.

Currently testing, it isn’t all the time. Okay, it appears to be totally random. It isn’t any specific trait that I can notice, it just… sometimes happens. Tried it about 10 times so far, and 3 times they died.

My PvP Minion Build

(edited by Bhawb.7408)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Burjis.3087

Burjis.3087

No, the changes aren’t insignificant at all:

Golem charge nerf
Lich nerf

They are quite significant.

Everlasting Sacred Path [ESP] (www.espguild.com)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

So you can no longer charge people into a wall, which was pretty tricky to pull off anyway. One of the reasons I would sometimes bring Flesh Golem, was because I could pull off the wall-charge against some bosses. In one epic battle against the Twisted Marionette, I was the last person left on a platform, and I used the wall charge against the remaining generator to destroy it right as the timer hit 1 second.

I realize that this was more of a bug, then something that was ever intended. But still, why does it feel that with every patch they suck more strategy and depth from our class?

“Madness is just another way to view reality”
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-On3Ya0_4Y)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Solus.3926

Solus.3926

my minions all die, they just vanish … this is pathetic!

I am the menace. The one whose will is done. The haunting chill upon your neck. I am the Conundrum.

in Necromancer

manveruppd.7601

Really weird about the minions! You should definitely post on the bugs forum.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Mine Craft……….

Yes, extended vacation for me. There are better games to play.

“Madness is just another way to view reality”
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-On3Ya0_4Y)

in Necromancer

Bhawb.7408

Really weird about the minions! You should definitely post on the bugs forum.

Been there done that. Its a bug with Flesh of the Master.

My PvP Minion Build