The new conditionmancer (guide)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Nemesis.8593

Nemesis.8593

Good day everyone,

side-note: sorry i didn’t post this here sooner, i’ve been caught up with a lot of real life… activities, anyway…
Due to the recent changes done to the necromancer class, some of the old builds required updating… so without further ado i give you…

Guild Wars 2 – The new conditionmancer (perfected guide)

Do not be alarmed by the size of the video, in the first few moments of it you will encounter a table of content/menu designed for an easy and comfortable viewing experience.
Who ever wishes to get the quick information from it can simply browse through the categories… and those who wish to understand all there is to know about the conditionmancer can sit back and enjoy…

I have also went further in depth then ever before with the explications behind my decisions on why this particular combination of skills, traits, utilities and damage rotation… by adding a proof of concept in terms of math calculations both in terms of AoE damage and survivability, so we can finally put in perspective what a conditionmancer ca actually do… and why.

FINAL STATS:

53% Critical Strike Chance
1999 Condition Damage
50% Condition Duration / 133% Bleeding Duration
2564 Armor
23,081 Health
300 Healing power
————
+ has the highest sustained AoE damage possible
+ the ability to act as a support for his secondary role, therefor bleed overstacking is not an issue
+ the ability to be highly survivable in long fights vs multiple opponents… it’s survivability is extremely high for the amount of AoE damage it provides at the same time

This new way of doing things, while it is a great effort… has brought me a “burst” of positive feedback in the day since i uploaded the video… so i really hope you guys enjoy as well.

If i missed anything or if you have any questions feel free to comment here, on in the comment section on youtube.

PS: If i have to remake this again in the near future due to trait modifications, i thought about splitting these categories into separate videos, so i will just remake the separate categories if need be, instead of the entire video… since it is a 5 days work.
What do you guys think ?

Enjoy

Nemesis Youtube channel - necromancer & mesmer tutorials, PvP and more…

Nemesis live-stream channel - focusing mainly on Guild Wars 2, League of Legends and Dota II.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Gnat.9405

Gnat.9405

First of all thanks for all your efforts.

I tired a copy of this build for a while and I just didn’t see blood line helping as much as you emphasize. I went 30/30/0/10/0 just for the extra duration, not necessarily the Dhuumfire. As you said, in group content where burning is usually abundant, Dhuumfire is negligible. It does help a little on single target I guess, where this build is lacking.
30 in Spite also frees up a set of runes. I know how you feel about Dhuumfire so I’m not trying to convince you, just sharing my thoughts :p

My main question though: Would you run pure conditions instead of hybrid in higher level (20s-30s) fractals?

The hybrid build is beautiful, by the way

But like always, thanks for what you do for the community and I look forward to your work!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Brando.1374

Brando.1374

I see this is mainly for PVE.
what would you change for WvW (non zerg type play)

would you still want to give more importance to condi duration than condi dmg?

Xxkakarot [GF] Good Fights
Dark Wizard Incar [GF] Good Fights
http://www.twitch.tv/xxkakarot

in Necromancer

Posted by: Tracker.6483

Tracker.6483

Wow.

Excellent organization and content. Thanks so much.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Taerik.3405

Taerik.3405

Nemisis always makes good videos

@Gnat As for the blood magic choice, it really depends on how you want to play, going 30/30/x lets you play more glassy conditioner, and frees up the runes since you get cond duration from traits, I prefer this also since I dont feel I need the health siphoning however I am also less supportive this way, which Nemises covers very well in the video

I also like going 30/30/x with 5 runes of perplexity and 1 random rune with condition damage It was a difficult choice for me to dump 30 traits into a power line, but I just like confusion that much and I needed the cond duration.

One plus to playing 30/30/x is I carry all of my gear with me, so it is nothing for me to regear into a hybrid build, takes me less than a minute

One thing I wish anet would change would be letting damage modifiers affect conditon based damage, and letting conditions crit at a reduced crit rate than regular crit chance, making closer to death and target the weak useful in condition builds.

(edited by Taerik.3405)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Faction.4013

Faction.4013

Nemesis, you kick heavy amounts of kitten . I thank you VERY much for your fleetlined presentations and all the effort you put into them.

Definitely the Champion of the Necromancer community. For sure.

in Necromancer

Posted by: MorpheousXO.4968

MorpheousXO.4968

I just can’t wait to see the WvW build since that’s where I want to focus my necromancer!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kaliban.9386

Kaliban.9386

Thanks for all the hard work, Nemesis.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Nuri Wurm.2496

Nuri Wurm.2496

This is my favorite Necro build to date. It does work well in WvW although I bet Nemesis comes up with something even better for WvW later. It is balanced and while not tanky you can stay alive; it will flip camps solo nicely.

in Necromancer

Posted by: knbBlackTemplar.3059

knbBlackTemplar.3059

Why precision? Conditions can’t crit, why not, i don’t know, condi+tough+healing?

80’s: Sylvari Necromancer (Main). Human: Thief, Warrior (PvP Main), Engineer. Charr Guardian

in Necromancer

Posted by: Dietzen.6127

Dietzen.6127

Precision procs bleeds. Bleeds hurt with condi dmg.

in Necromancer

Posted by: flow.6043

flow.6043

For those who are new to the necro, you should maybe clarify that this means 100% bleeding duration + Lingering Curse.

Also, I did some testing with Lingering Curse, mainly to find out if “inflicted by scepter” also pertains to procs like Barbed Precision. It does not…

However, I found out that it increases the scepter’s duration by 40%, not 33%.
Surprise! Another wrong tooltip.
And, as we all know by now, it modifies the base duration. So 100% bleeding duration and Lingering Curse means +180% for you scepter bleeds.
For example: Blood Curse (with 5 sec base duration) will tick 14 times.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Afya.5842

Afya.5842

Thank you! I saw the video already from youtube. Despite my stand of condition in dungeon, I really think conditionmancer is the intended design of necro. It’s good to have some guide finally since Lopez’s is down.

I’m still going for the 30/30/x/x/x trait. It makes more burst for trash mobs/things like gauntlet and don’t cap the bleed as much.

in Necromancer

Posted by: BoogerSammich.7189

BoogerSammich.7189

As always thank you for all of your great work nemesis! Truly and amazing asset to this community.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Blaine Tog.8304

Blaine Tog.8304

Why not take Terror?

I main Ele and Necro, though I have an alt of each profession at level 80.
How to Condi Reaper on a budget
Everything I say is only in reference to PvE and WvW.

in Necromancer

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

Why not take Terror?

Fearing mobs is counterproductive in pve. Plus some bosses are completely immune to fear (the condi doesnt even show up).

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lokyate.1387

Lokyate.1387

Praise Nemesis! I tried this out for some Pavilion farming and a bit of other messin’ around, -really- enjoyed it. Although I, like other people, can’t wait to see a new rendition of it for WvW (if you intend on doing one of course).
Good work as always!
P.S. your voice gives me warm feelings.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Niccolo.1402

Niccolo.1402

Thank you for all your work. I learned SO much! I’m very much looking forward to your WvW build as I spend most of my time there.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Gnat.9405

Gnat.9405

Well I’m going with the Hybrid after playing conditions forever. However I’m going with a different setup for accessories. I’ll probably use 3 ruby and 3 coral orbs as well until I find some decent runes, because I’m not putting 60g up for divinity runes.

in Necromancer

Posted by: DeathPanel.8362

DeathPanel.8362

Good day everyone,

side-note: sorry i didn’t post this here sooner, i’ve been caught up with a lot of real life… activities, anyway…
Due to the recent changes done to the necromancer class, some of the old builds required updating… so without further ado i give you…

Guild Wars 2 – The new conditionmancer (perfected guide)

Do not be alarmed by the size of the video, in the first few moments of it you will encounter a table of content/menu designed for an easy and comfortable viewing experience.
Who ever wishes to get the quick information from it can simply browse through the categories… and those who wish to understand all there is to know about the conditionmancer can sit back and enjoy…

I have also went further in depth then ever before with the explications behind my decisions on why this particular combination of skills, traits, utilities and damage rotation… by adding a proof of concept in terms of math calculations both in terms of AoE damage and survivability, so we can finally put in perspective what a conditionmancer ca actually do… and why.

FINAL STATS:

53% Critical Strike Chance
1999 Condition Damage
2564 Armor
23,081 Health
300 Healing power
————
+ has the highest sustained AoE damage possible
+ the ability to act as a support for his secondary role, therefor bleed overstacking is not an issue
+ the ability to be highly survivable in long fights vs multiple opponents… it’s survivability is extremely high for the amount of AoE damage it provides at the same time

This new way of doing things, while it is a great effort… has brought me a “burst” of positive feedback in the day since i uploaded the video… so i really hope you guys enjoy as well.

If i missed anything or if you have any questions feel free to comment here, on in the comment section on youtube.

PS: If i have to remake this again in the near future due to trait modifications, i thought about splitting these categories into separate videos, so i will just remake the separate categories if need be, instead of the entire video… since it is a 5 days work.
What do you guys think ?

Enjoy

Prepare to be trolled by someone with full melandru runes + lemongrass food.

in Necromancer

Blaine Tog.8304

He explicitly said this was for PvE.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Taerik.3405

Taerik.3405

PvE mobs dont use those

in Necromancer

Posted by: Targuil.3741

Targuil.3741

PvE mobs dont use those

Alphard does. No really, she has insane condition duration reduction for some reason.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
I think I should remove this quote given the recent developement.

in Necromancer

Blaine Tog.8304

Alphard does. No really, she has insane condition duration reduction for some reason.

The first time I ran that path, I did it blind with 3 condition Necros. Everything up until that fight was insanely easy. And then, Alphard. ;_;

in Necromancer

Posted by: DeathPanel.8362

DeathPanel.8362

I must’ve missed the part where he said it was pve only that is my mistake. However condition isn’t too good in pve either unless you are the only condition person in your team since there are stack limits for bleed and burning doesn’t stack in intensity.

I know because my necro is basically identical to his in build and traits and my dps chars consistently outperform my necro in damage.

It’s a fun concept to have and it did work very well in wvw prior to the whole -condition meta but currently it doesn’t appear condition builds are optimal in any field.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Reesha.7901

Reesha.7901

Thanks a lot for making this guide. You clearly put a lot of effort and time into it
My little alt necromancer is definitely going to try this out once she reaches lvl 80.

in Necromancer

Posted by: slausty.1238

slausty.1238

Thanks so much for the guide. Have been watching your vids, love them! I am, like others in this thread, incredibly excited if you could release a wvw build version! Otherwise, thanks for the help to the necro forum, new to the class but I have taken it in quickly as a result of your work!

P.S. Watched a lot of your vids, wondering your nationality….Romanian? Not relevenat, just curious.

[SF] [zH] Ubnext

in Necromancer

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

Awesome guide. I will probably be modifying my build more towards this one now. I loved the video.

in Necromancer

Posted by: viennapleads.1784

viennapleads.1784

I must’ve missed the part where he said it was pve only that is my mistake. However condition isn’t too good in pve either unless you are the only condition person in your team since there are stack limits for bleed and burning doesn’t stack in intensity.

I know because my necro is basically identical to his in build and traits and my dps chars consistently outperform my necro in damage.

It’s a fun concept to have and it did work very well in wvw prior to the whole -condition meta but currently it doesn’t appear condition builds are optimal in any field.

There’s also people like me, who like to solo PvE, in which case it’s very effective.

in Necromancer

Posted by: dceptaconroy.7928

dceptaconroy.7928

Great work, I and the rest of the Necro community applaud your efforts.. roll on the wvw build !

in Necromancer

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

Anyone know what the internal CD is on the mark of blood on dodge skill? I noticed if I do two dodges in a row I only get 1 mark.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Brando.1374

Brando.1374

Anyone know what the internal CD is on the mark of blood on dodge skill? I noticed if I do two dodges in a row I only get 1 mark.

I think its a 10 second CD.

Xxkakarot [GF] Good Fights
Dark Wizard Incar [GF] Good Fights
http://www.twitch.tv/xxkakarot

in Necromancer

Posted by: WyldKat.4712

WyldKat.4712

Zestee, Cryptician Zetti, Zissi The Jack, Zi Mao,
Ziffy Snidehide, Zadie Hawkkin, Zannie Oakley, Zuulja
[ODIN],[NaCl] – Tarnished Coast

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lane.3410

Lane.3410

I was wondering what your thoughts are on Giver’s weapons (trading condition damage for more duration)?

in Necromancer

Posted by: mordran.4750

mordran.4750

I guess you have missed the part about epidemic either ^^

in Necromancer

Posted by: Molch.2078

Molch.2078

I would recomend this build to new players. It has high EHP, is ranged and doesn’t loose much efficiency if you use all your skills on cooldown. Of course you can do it wrong, but it won’t hurt that much.

Othewise, if you want AoE as a necromancer, go hybrid. Have you ever heard of this Nemesis-guy? He wrote a really good hybrid guide. You should watch it.

Guide is not bad. If you want to play conditions, thats a good way to do it. (Well, I would use Dhuumfire, since nothing but guardians F1 causes burning in the average party, but anyway.)

The problem is: in PvE you need both AoE-Burst (trash) and sustained singletarget dps (boss). And this build has neither. Have I ever mentioned, that my warrior (in organized groups) deals more sustained AoE-damage with greatsword autohits than every conditionbased necromancer? Like, 20% more damage?

(edited by Molch.2078)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Manuelito.6081

Manuelito.6081

Nemesis, mate, as usual a great job in explaining your builds.
I absolutely love the new way of presenting your videos.

I cannot wait for the WvW condo-build.

Keep up the good work!

[ROCK]
Desolation

in Necromancer

Posted by: cyst.3108

cyst.3108

I would recomend this build to new players. It has high EHP, is ranged and doesn’t loose much efficiency if you use all your skills on cooldown. Of course you can do it wrong, but it won’t hurt that much.

Othewise, if you want AoE as a necromancer, go hybrid. Have you ever heard of this Nemesis-guy? He wrote a really good hybrid guide. You should watch it.

Guide is not bad. If you want to play conditions, thats a good way to do it. (Well, I would use Dhuumfire, since nothing but guardians F1 causes burning in the average party, but anyway.)

The problem is: in PvE you need both AoE-Burst (trash) and sustained singletarget dps (boss). And this build has neither. Have I ever mentioned, that my warrior (in organized groups) deals more sustained AoE-damage with greatsword autohits than every conditionbased necromancer? Like, 20% more damage?

maybe on boss, but would like to see someone (not necro) that kills Ascalon fractals 48 mobs baster than my necro, or Shaman spawns, or the icebrod guys in the first part, or maybe… the 4 golems in the last part of the harpy fractals, everithing about conditionmancer in PVE is not about the damage on 1-2 targets its about our UNIQUE ability to almost instagib X6 mobs (Yeh you heard me right X6!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

After June 25 im like… 90% happier

in Necromancer

spoj.9672

maybe on boss, but would like to see someone (not necro) that kills Ascalon fractals 48 mobs baster than my necro, or Shaman spawns, or the icebrod guys in the first part, or maybe… the 4 golems in the last part of the harpy fractals, everithing about conditionmancer in PVE is not about the damage on 1-2 targets its about our UNIQUE ability to almost instagib X6 mobs (Yeh you heard me right X6!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Warriors and guardians kill them really fast. Hybrid is ok in fractals but having another warrior is probably more useful.

in Necromancer

Posted by: cyst.3108

cyst.3108

warriors and guardians doesnt have that much aoe as a necro, not evne an ele

After June 25 im like… 90% happier

in Necromancer

spoj.9672

Yeah but they do more damage with cleave than necro does with aoe.

in Necromancer

Nemesis.8593

First of all thanks for all your efforts.

I tired a copy of this build for a while and I just didn’t see blood line helping as much as you emphasize. I went 30/30/0/10/0 just for the extra duration, not necessarily the Dhuumfire. As you said, in group content where burning is usually abundant, Dhuumfire is negligible. It does help a little on single target I guess, where this build is lacking.
30 in Spite also frees up a set of runes. I know how you feel about Dhuumfire so I’m not trying to convince you, just sharing my thoughts :p

My main question though: Would you run pure conditions instead of hybrid in higher level (20s-30s) fractals?

The hybrid build is beautiful, by the way

But like always, thanks for what you do for the community and I look forward to your work!

Depends on the party composition… if you have a full support i would run hybrid, if you not conditionmancer, because it brings a bit of support… it’s all about party compositions.

Nemesis live-stream channel - focusing mainly on Guild Wars 2, League of Legends and Dota II.

in Necromancer

Nemesis.8593

I see this is mainly for PVE.
what would you change for WvW (non zerg type play)

would you still want to give more importance to condi duration than condi dmg?

I did a lot of WvW play recently… and TPvP… i finally finalized the new WvW build, the build i find the most effective. I haven’t had the time to put it all in a video… but i will this week.
It’s not about duration or damage… that’s PvE mentality… it’s about how fast can you get to “X” value of bleed stacks that do “Y” damage… is that enough to kill something or is it lower then the value which can be healable…
That takes into consideration play style as well… anyway i got you guys covered… soon.

in Necromancer

Nemesis.8593

Wow.

Excellent organization and content. Thanks so much.

You are welcome

in Necromancer

Nemesis.8593

Nemisis always makes good videos

@Gnat As for the blood magic choice, it really depends on how you want to play, going 30/30/x lets you play more glassy conditioner, and frees up the runes since you get cond duration from traits, I prefer this also since I dont feel I need the health siphoning however I am also less supportive this way, which Nemises covers very well in the video

I also like going 30/30/x with 5 runes of perplexity and 1 random rune with condition damage It was a difficult choice for me to dump 30 traits into a power line, but I just like confusion that much and I needed the cond duration.

One plus to playing 30/30/x is I carry all of my gear with me, so it is nothing for me to regear into a hybrid build, takes me less than a minute

One thing I wish anet would change would be letting damage modifiers affect conditon based damage, and letting conditions crit at a reduced crit rate than regular crit chance, making closer to death and target the weak useful in condition builds.

That would require so much balancing in all classes… anyway, glad you enjoy the video and build.

in Necromancer

Nemesis.8593

Nemesis, you kick heavy amounts of kitten . I thank you VERY much for your fleetlined presentations and all the effort you put into them.

Definitely the Champion of the Necromancer community. For sure.

Thank you mate… i don’t know about champion but i try my best.

in Necromancer

Nemesis.8593

I just can’t wait to see the WvW build since that’s where I want to focus my necromancer!

Going to get some more footage today, and start editing tomorrow… it’s hard to get footage because on my server you can only zerg… and in zergs i can’t really prove a point when going 100 vs 100.

in Necromancer

Nemesis.8593

Thanks for all the hard work, Nemesis.

You’re welcome.

in Necromancer

Nemesis.8593

This is my favorite Necro build to date. It does work well in WvW although I bet Nemesis comes up with something even better for WvW later. It is balanced and while not tanky you can stay alive; it will flip camps solo nicely.

Yeah… i did came up with something that i consider good enough that i will use it, you know like making something good enough you don’t even want to share… But i will. Will start editing soon…
Had a lot of IRL stuff i had to take care of.

in Necromancer

Nemesis.8593

For those who are new to the necro, you should maybe clarify that this means 100% bleeding duration + Lingering Curse.

Also, I did some testing with Lingering Curse, mainly to find out if “inflicted by scepter” also pertains to procs like Barbed Precision. It does not…

However, I found out that it increases the scepter’s duration by 40%, not 33%.
Surprise! Another wrong tooltip.
And, as we all know by now, it modifies the base duration. So 100% bleeding duration and Lingering Curse means +180% for you scepter bleeds.
For example: Blood Curse (with 5 sec base duration) will tick 14 times.

Interesting finds… well what i did was test bleeds at 100% duration without lingering curse, then put lingering curse on top to see if something happens… and i did get 4 extra ticks after lingering curse, or was that 3…

Then i took my new found “133% bleed duration” – tooltip wise and went on to see if i can get to 25 stacks of bleeding on a target on my own.
And there you have it… that’s what interested me, that’s what i tested for…
I’ll take a look to what you said though, interesting find…

Thank you.