Theory-Crafting: Hybrid

in Necromancer

Posted by: Okami.7049

Okami.7049

I’ve never done a Hybrid build before, so I’m not entirely sure how much Condi-Damage I need at minimum while still maintaining decent Power and Ferocity. What I’m currently working on (because I’m bored and I like to theory craft) is a Hybrid build more focused on bursting while still giving the Condis I do apply some kick (so they’re not entirely wasted).

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vRUQNArYRn0IClbidbCO2A0biFcBD6qFAaBxXxv4YMaDMBGBA-TBiFABkittenA0TJIBPAAAOCA9qPYQ1faf/hjU+FA4A43+23fDc+5nf+5n3v/+7v/+bA-e

I went Sinister instead of Viper because I figured, since my primary focus is burst first with Condis adding secondary damage, Expertise wasn’t really needed since I’m looking to still kill my target quickly instead of having to slowly build up stacks (I also am not a fan of Corruption Utilities). Zerker armor is mainly to keep the Power side alive while Zerkerie Trinkets are meant to round out my Precision and Health. I figured with Decimate Defenses and Target The Weak, my Condi-Damage wouldn’t need to be high at base since Vulnerability will increase Crit which will increase Condi-Damage. 1k Condi-Damage seemed decent to me and I didn’t want my Power to drop below 2300 (which, without Signet of Spite, it’d be at 2481). Ferocity I wanted to keep above 200% so my Crits would remain decent.

Haven’t gotten to test it in the field yet, don’t have the funds to buy a Scepter and don’t have any Sinister Weapons to play with. This is just a Theory-Crafting thread, pretty much a ‘what if’ or a ‘relax and goof around with Hybrid builds’ kind of thread. I know it’s not ‘optimal’ or ‘meta’, that’s not what this thread is about. Just trying to have some fun and cook up something interesting.

~ Death Is Not The Greatest Loss In Life, The Greatest Loss Is What Dies Inside Us While We Live. ~

in Necromancer

Posted by: NeXeD.3042

NeXeD.3042

id have more fun cooking up meth

Attention Moderators I am not
S P E E D Starr #0 Necro NA or
I Am NeXeD awful d/D ele NA

in Necromancer

Okami.7049

And you’re here why, then?

~ Death Is Not The Greatest Loss In Life, The Greatest Loss Is What Dies Inside Us While We Live. ~

in Necromancer

Posted by: NeXeD.3042

NeXeD.3042

And you’re here why, then?

my trailer got raided.

Attention Moderators I am not
S P E E D Starr #0 Necro NA or
I Am NeXeD awful d/D ele NA

in Necromancer

Posted by: narcx.3570

narcx.3570

You could do what the ridiculous hybrid zerkers do and run Destroyer amulet with runes of the Krait and all proc on swap weapon sigils.

in Necromancer

Okami.7049

You could do what the ridiculous hybrid zerkers do and run Destroyer amulet with runes of the Krait and all proc on swap weapon sigils.

Interesting, I was wondering if Krait would be good since we’re able to stack Bleed so easily. Wasn’t sure how that would fair in exchange for the power reduction. Any ideas?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Professor Sprout.1560

Professor Sprout.1560

I am currently putting together a celestial reaper on similar lines and the thing that bothers me about krait runes is the elite effect – the rune has an internal cooldown of 45 seconds but Chilled to the Bone has a 90-second cooldown. Does anyone know if the “charge” skill from the flesh golem triggers Krait runes?

As for your build OP it looks powerful but rather fragile. What content would you use it in?

in Necromancer

Okami.7049

I am currently putting together a celestial reaper on similar lines and the thing that bothers me about krait runes is the elite effect – the rune has an internal cooldown of 45 seconds but Chilled to the Bone has a 90-second cooldown. Does anyone know if the “charge” skill from the flesh golem triggers Krait runes?

As for your build OP it looks powerful but rather fragile. What content would you use it in?

Honestly, I’d only use it in Open-World PvE, probably for some Open-World Bosses, not sure how it’d fair in Fractals. I’m not into Raids/PvP/WvW, though my buds just earlier today have started trying to get me into WvW. For now, I’ll stick to PvE.

Yeah the fragility concerned me a bit, but since I already run Power Reaper with 20k health and whatnot I figured it wouldn’t be that much of a change to me. Fighting from ranged: Condi. Enemy closing in on you: Power. I do like Scepter, but since it’s Condi-based I figured it’d only be good in a Hybrid build since I love Power too much to drop it.

Good call on the Krait Runes, I didn’t pay attention to that. I’m pretty sure the Golem should proc the effect, but then again it does function a bit differently from regular Skills so I’m not too sure (I don’t typically run Minions unless I want to have fun with a Minion-Mancer build).

How’s Celestial turning out for you? I hear it’s good at being a ‘jack of all trades’ and a ‘master of none’, which I guess is why so many people don’t like it. Being well-rounded means you don’t really excel at anything, but you’re not ‘bad’ in other sectors as well. How would you rate it?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Professor Sprout.1560

Professor Sprout.1560

Sounds like you have thought this through so I could see you having success in PvE including fractals, since you can run those at whatever difficulty you feel comfortable with.

Celestial is working pretty well for me – did a solo run of Caudecus’ Manor yesterday despite having terrible gear, something that I was unable to do with my fully equipped celestial engineer. Personally I don’t think of celestial as a “jack-of-all-trades” stat set: I actually conceptualise it as the game’s defensive loadout. Because to me it seems that in GW2 if you want to focus on damage you must put all of your eggs into as few baskets as possible; whereas if you want to focus on survival you must put your eggs into as many baskets as possible, including offence.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vRAQJARWnc0AN1g91AebCs3gFqBTKAMASZTrsKwEI+DWCXhA-TxhaAB+o+zFXCgR0FAgyPO2HAFlgCuwAA-e
Hence my present build runs Reaper, greatsword and Deathly Chill in order to give me as much damage as possible with a minimum of investment, letting me run Blood Magic for group healing and Death Magic for condition clear and damage reduction. Both lines together maximise minion performance which is a big part of what keeps this build alive.

in Necromancer

Okami.7049

Sounds like you have thought this through so I could see you having success in PvE including fractals, since you can run those at whatever difficulty you feel comfortable with.

Celestial is working pretty well for me – did a solo run of Caudecus’ Manor yesterday despite having terrible gear, something that I was unable to do with my fully equipped celestial engineer. Personally I don’t think of celestial as a “jack-of-all-trades” stat set: I actually conceptualise it as the game’s defensive loadout. Because to me it seems that in GW2 if you want to focus on damage you must put all of your eggs into as few baskets as possible; whereas if you want to focus on survival you must put your eggs into as many baskets as possible, including offence.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vRAQJARWnc0AN1g91AebCs3gFqBTKAMASZTrsKwEI+DWCXhA-TxhaAB+o+zFXCgR0FAgyPO2HAFlgCuwAA-e
Hence my present build runs Reaper, greatsword and Deathly Chill in order to give me as much damage as possible with a minimum of investment, letting me run Blood Magic for group healing and Death Magic for condition clear and damage reduction. Both lines together maximise minion performance which is a big part of what keeps this build alive.

I’ll be sure to give it a go once I can afford the gear, Blood Magic/Death Magic/Reaper looks very interesting to me (one of the few combinations I haven’t really tried because I value Spite a little too much). Would you classify this as a type of Minion-Mancer build, since you’re running/utilizing Minions as a core mechanic?