To all necros that feel nerfed

in Necromancer

Posted by: Anchoku.8142

Anchoku.8142

Sorry if my rambling looked like a rant. I was responding to a comment about PvE.

My comments assumed players knew to lead with staff and switch back to it when necessary. The weapon swap CD nerfs condition damage dps. It needs a new Sigil that reduces swap CD.

Shroud is very useful but scepter does not generate much LF by itself so I try save shroud for more defensive action.

As Flumek alluded, focus has challenges in PvP because of cast times (5) and projectile speeds (4) but is better in PvE.

I am surprised focus is run on a scepter build, though, because it supports power builds so much better. The only off-hand I consider good for a condition damage build is dagger. I feel like horn is somewhat hybrid with its stun and AoE cripple but it is used on power builds a lot because MH dagger has such short range.

in Necromancer

Posted by: IKaikiasI.1932

IKaikiasI.1932

Since the patch, it feels like Necros go instantly in downstate. (Not just me, even all my teammates in all matches.)

Congratulation. Necros are dead again.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Akrasia.5469

Akrasia.5469

Sorry if my rambling looked like a rant. I was responding to a comment about PvE.

My comments assumed players knew to lead with staff and switch back to it when necessary. The weapon swap CD nerfs condition damage dps. It needs a new Sigil that reduces swap CD.

Shroud is very useful but scepter does not generate much LF by itself so I try save shroud for more defensive action.

As Flumek alluded, focus has challenges in PvP because of cast times (5) and projectile speeds (4) but is better in PvE.

I am surprised focus is run on a scepter build, though, because it supports power builds so much better. The only off-hand I consider good for a condition damage build is dagger. I feel like horn is somewhat hybrid with its stun and AoE cripple but it is used on power builds a lot because MH dagger has such short range.

I’ve found focus works well for my build. Focus 4 weak? It spams Vuln and regen to teammates. Focus 5 is a good utility skill. Yes I usually lead with staff 5 or 3 (if on cooldown) when attacking groups and sometimes individuals. I often use scepter in a support role when a teammate is fighting 1 or 2 on a point. The chill from range changes the fight instantly and boon removal to boot. It wasn’t very good with scepter until deathly chill came around but my build is hybrid chillomancer so power&condi (Mercenary). 2 skills on focus cause vuln and I gain crit% by hitting with them.

I’m a support build that combines elements of Celestial Sig with Chillomancer. I draw and redirect conditions and spam conditions by chilling foes. It works really well in team fights. I’m learning that I don’t solo as well since the nerf but I’m way better at support than I used to be. 2v2 2v3 2v4 and we’re doing well I’ve even been in a few 2v5 and we mopped up. All pug fights so it’s not just a certain teammate build that it supports.

Maybe Necros in general should learn more support roles. We have some decent options in that area now and while we’re not the monsters we once were can find some decent niches if we try.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Cannabrah.7842

Cannabrah.7842

I’ve found focus works well for my build. Focus 4 weak? It spams Vuln and regen to teammates. Focus 5 is a good utility skill. Yes I usually lead with staff 5 or 3 (if on cooldown) when attacking groups and sometimes individuals. I often use scepter in a support role when a teammate is fighting 1 or 2 on a point. The chill from range changes the fight instantly and boon removal to boot. It wasn’t very good with scepter until deathly chill came around but my build is hybrid chillomancer so power&condi (Mercenary). 2 skills on focus cause vuln and I gain crit% by hitting with them.

I’m a support build that combines elements of Celestial Sig with Chillomancer. I draw and redirect conditions and spam conditions by chilling foes. It works really well in team fights. I’m learning that I don’t solo as well since the nerf but I’m way better at support than I used to be. 2v2 2v3 2v4 and we’re doing well I’ve even been in a few 2v5 and we mopped up. All pug fights so it’s not just a certain teammate build that it supports.

Maybe Necros in general should learn more support roles. We have some decent options in that area now and while we’re not the monsters we once were can find some decent niches if we try.

The fact that ppl don’t focus you down on 2v3-2v5 situations is a clear sign that you aren’t playing against good players. Necro has always been very powerfull if not dealt with.

in Necromancer

Posted by: FrostFallenPoet.1502

FrostFallenPoet.1502

My immediate reaction to the nerf was to switch from full dire shout tanking to vipers/givers combo, scepter dagger and stack the everloving kitten out of bleeds and max my duration.
Is it optimal? Not exactly, but running any sort of condi tank without chill damage, given that tank builds (at least mine) were for condi pressure and draining health while maintaining survivability is near on impossible now, cause the damage output just isn’t high enough.
In the end I get leeched out instead of the other way around and have basically just become a scary looking punching bag.

At least with a Viper’s Giver build I get minimum 20 second bleeds and minimum 8 1/2 second bleeds with Scepter AA plus 100% crits in shroud but maintaining bleed stacks is almost impossible with the super cleansing ele/druid brigade running around.
Sure in PVE I can stack and maintain up to 24 stacks fairly effortlessly with good rotation but that’s against a target that doesn’t have the sense to cleanse or just outright can’t.

A lot of people here have said it in far more effective ways, I guess I’m just voicing my own version of it but yeah, the damage nerf is total kittenery and the math is only viable in optimal combat situations against either stationary or mentally kittened targets.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Erzian.5218

Erzian.5218

The only reasons to run reaper in pvp now are chill to the bone and mobility on rs2. It has less damage, worse boon corruption, more telegraphed and harder to set up burst on a very long cd (compared to ds2+geomancy proc+scpeter 3). One of the problems that core nec always had, is how unreliable your damage becomes once you start facing build that have more than one removal every 10 seconds. Reaper now has the same problem, which puts it basically into the same tier as core nec aka trash.
Then on other hand necro has always been good at stomping bad players (who just random dodge after you hit them with a mark, never dodge ds2 and use their condition removal whenever they see conditions on them, so they can complain about conditions afterwards), so it will most likely still be playable in most unranked/ranked games.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Reknarok.7582

Reknarok.7582

Just need to change it to have the bleed at a higher stack and shorter duration.

Won’t happen though.

in Necromancer

Posted by: FrostSpectre.4198

FrostSpectre.4198

Well, I’d go with Dhuumfire (inflict burning with Shroud skill 1) and Reaper’s Onslaught (improved attack speed and 5 seconds off cooldowns on kill), that can achieve 3k dot quite quickly, then combined with the rest conditions and Epidemic, but I play mostly PvE.

Blighter’s Boon, would go with some tanky necromancer build.

Deathly Chill, naah, just no, GS does offer chill on demand in its last auto-attack chain, but its still slower than Scepter+Dagger to inflict more bleeding over time.

I’m a casual PvE adventurer, I enjoy combat, adventure and helping, but not farming.
I rarely do PvP or Hard PvE, unless it’s organized.

(edited by FrostSpectre.4198)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Riesenschnauzer.6049

Riesenschnauzer.6049

Again.. try to work something out. I already did and I really don’t feel a dmg nerf.

Also, have you thought about having 2 necros in a group that now stack more bleed? Since chill didn’t stack, 2 necros now synergize conditions more.

I just can’t anymore. It’s like trying to argue evolution to religious people.

That is unfair to religious people and evolutionists both.