Trait idea for "Reanimator"

in Necromancer

Posted by: WereDragon.6083

WereDragon.6083

Lets face it, Jaggad horror’s are pretty kitten useless, they’re dead before they ever reach any enemies, landing maybe one hit before kicking the bucket.

So how about we go for an alternative, name it something like “Bone and Sinew” and let it perform the task of healing our minions.

“When you kill a target your active minions health is restored.”

This would let minion master’s keep their minions relatively active, even more so in between fights. ((I hate going into a fight while my bone fiend and such are at 10% from the last encounter.))

What do you guys think, honest opinions I got the flame-suit on =D

What do we say to the god of death? Not Today….
Eleshod|80 Thief|Tarnished Coast
Malsavias|80 Necromancer| Tarnished Coast

in Necromancer

Posted by: TheAgedGnome.7520

TheAgedGnome.7520

I guess it depends how much it heals the minions. If it was “cast regen on minions for 4s when you kill a foe” I could see that. If you mean that it would completely heal minions, then it would be OP.

I don’t use minions, but at least I would mind it less than Jagged Gerbils.

Stealth nerfs are the perfect fertilizer for mistrust.
PVE Power and Support Build

in Necromancer

Posted by: Martacus.4085

Martacus.4085

I like it as the regen thingy. It would be too OP to just restore them. Think of it. Your minions would be invincible in a big fight with lots of trash.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Silverrey.2471

Silverrey.2471

Actually that might be a good “reason” for the jagged horror’s bleeding out. Basically have them do a life transfer to your nearest damaged minion. The minion gets a regen equal to the horror’s bleed. Once the minion is fully healed it moves to the next (if it lives long enough). Horrors never live very long if left alone not to mention if something actually TRIES to kill them so there is little to no fear of the healing becoming OP even if you kill a mass all at once.

in Necromancer

Posted by: NecropsY.8649

NecropsY.8649

Id like, “when out of combat all minions regenerate health”

if not on all the time let us spec into this, sense death is forced for minions anyway

in Necromancer

Posted by: NecropsY.8649

NecropsY.8649

I like it as the regen thingy. It would be too OP to just restore them. Think of it. Your minions would be invincible in a big fight with lots of trash.

You obveously do not play necromancer

as Mark of Blood on staff does exactly that (perma regen on all minions while there fighting just spam it)

even with regen they will all die in a matter of mins

you dont even have a necromancer do you, mr forum troll

in Necromancer

Posted by: sorrow.2364

sorrow.2364

So, is this topic about how to make an useless trait much more useless?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Nismu.4019

Nismu.4019

taking cooldown away would make it pretty great trait (though probably some 3-5 jaggeds max at any time. )

in Necromancer

Posted by: Khailyn.6248

Khailyn.6248

id would be happy if the jagged horror was just replaced with a spawned bone horror without a duration that i could use to blow up without needing to have the spell on my action bar.

‘Death smiles at us all. All a man can do is smile back.’

in Necromancer

Posted by: Aga.8641

Aga.8641

I’d like it if the minor traits in death magic weren’t linked to 1 specific build…

Reanimator is obviously the most useless trait imaginable and needs to be comletely changed. Protection of the Horde of nice, if you’re running minions which is very rarely the case, so move that to an adept trait (maybe make it slightly stronger, like +30-40) and move shrouded removal to the minor slot it its place, simple.

in Necromancer

Posted by: cerulean moth.2743

cerulean moth.2743

I like Reanimator, I just think the Jagged Horrors should be constantly invulnerable to attacks and just die at a set time. No more sPvP issues and they would actually get to apply the bleeds they are supposed to do. It’s not a big help, but it’s something fun and in keeping with the theme. They also need a different skin.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Zeke Minus.5720

Zeke Minus.5720

I agree with cerulean moth.

The little buggers are awesome at applying additional bleeds, but are too prone to death to be truly useful.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Cassius.8945

Cassius.8945

As a necromancer who doesn’t use minions, but still uses 10 points of the Death Magic trait line, the Jagged Horror is pretty useless, however minion regeneration would be even worse. Either remove/alter the cool down of the skill to allow multiple Jagged Horrors, or make it something that will be more globally useful, like the other trait lines.
Something that increased the length/intensity of boons on you when hit would be pretty nice.
Increasing the speed of the Staff projectile would also be a good alternative, seeing as the Death Magic tree has a few other staff related traits.

(edited by Cassius.8945)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Nossimid.5720

Nossimid.5720

I would rather have a trait that says “All minions heal to 100% health in-between fights”

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lyuben.2613

Lyuben.2613

No.

Minor traits have the ‘trait’, of them being useful in 100% of builds to some degree.

Making it so that a minor trait benefits minions, goes away from this philosophy, as not all builds have a minion.

Vibor Bauman- Level 80 Engineer- Gandara

in Necromancer

Posted by: cerulean moth.2743

cerulean moth.2743

Which is why they can keep the horrors and just make them invulnerable to damage until they die. All builds will profit from the bleed stacks. It’s just like other minor traits that give chance for bleed.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Dispari.3980

Dispari.3980

It would be nice if they just didn’t have degen. Or drastically slowed it down. -20% HP per second is a little obscene.

in Necromancer

Posted by: striker.3704

striker.3704

I think an absolutely fantastic way to change reanimator is to change it from “whenever an enemy dies around you” to “whenever an ally or enemy dies around you”. This way if a minion dies, you get the jagged horror. Jagged horrors would not spawn due to the death of other jagged horrors, of course.

Oh also, if they’re going to keep this degen, the cooldown should seriously be removed. That or remove the degen itself.

D/S/R necromancer F/A/T elementalist
S/I/F engineer Z/R/D guard