Two days left before we die.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

I was wondering if the today (pre patch) necro if stronger than the post patch necro?

Depends on meta. If Shoutbow still dominates post-patch, then both suck equally.

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

in Necromancer

Posted by: Halo.8976

Halo.8976

I’ll try to make some ebola minion build and annoy the kitten of people in the digital sports mode.
If that fails (and it probably will), ebola engineer is the way to go: more conditions, moa and the only counter to stealth. So far that beats the beloved Consume Conditions/CnD synergy this community so found of.
Speaking of high skill play, thief is a nice option as well.

Viva Con Queso!

in Necromancer

Posted by: MomentOS.2831

MomentOS.2831

Given the condi update my Perplexity Terrormancer will be more powerful then ever before. While I hate some of the “nerfs” I see a greater build diversity opening up for us. In fact I see some of our nerfs being placed on us because of the condi changes. We shall see tomorrow, but I wonder if we may yet find ourselves more powerful then ever before.

Mephasm Shadowen
[BoM] Brotherwood of the Machine
Tarnished Coast

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

I will possibly try Signet necro with Spite/Curses/BloodMagic.

I don’t expect it to be good but I expect it to be fun to have an effective 7 signets to use.

Nalhadia – Kaineng

in Necromancer

Posted by: Zin.6170

Zin.6170

I don’t expect it to be good but I expect it to be fun to have an effective 7 signets to use.

Yeah, I’ll be going with this at first as well. I won’t use that many signets, but same idea.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Taiyetos.3260

Taiyetos.3260

Same, a signet power necro sounds interesting. Spite/Soul/X. Curses against condi, Death against burst, and Blood if it’s any good.

FA

in Necromancer

Posted by: Majic.4801

Majic.4801

So what are your plans? Quit the game or re-role?

I’m going to raise all those dead Necromancers and make them my minions.

No rest for you yet, sweet souls!

“Not the same, real and true. True you feel inside.
Always follow what is true.” — Sentry-skritt Bordekka

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sigmoid.7082

Sigmoid.7082

watching the stream and the condi changes transfers are going to be the way to go because of how much pressure they can put out…

in Necromancer

Zin.6170

watching the stream and the condi changes transfers are going to be the way to go because of how much pressure they can put out…

Yeah, watching what mesmers and especially engineers are capable was a bit shocking.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

20 stacks of burning from spamming #1.

No favorism. At all!

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

in Necromancer

Sigmoid.7082

they are nerfing mesmers already they said in chat and for engi to land that would be hard since they need 3 kits but transfering it would be fun.

in Necromancer

Zin.6170

they are nerfing mesmers already they said in chat and for engi to land that would be hard since they need 3 kits but transfering it would be fun.

Gotcha, I stopped reading twitch chat after experiencing Kripps chat. What are they nerfing?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Linnael.1069

Linnael.1069

3 kit engie still has better active defense than zerker necro, and is gonna do more damage than lich form while having room for defensive stats to boot.

Stormbluff Isle – Syliara
Elementalist – Necromancer – Warrior

in Necromancer

Sigmoid.7082

anyone have a recap of the necro bit? only caught the end

in Necromancer

Zin.6170

He went over it so fast, there isn’t really much to recap. Less than 10 minutes on it and it was quick. He briefly showed a power build, didn’t bother with condi or testing signets of suffering.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Cecilia.5179

Cecilia.5179

He went over it so fast, there isn’t really much to recap. Less than 10 minutes on it and it was quick. He briefly showed a power build, didn’t bother with condi or testing signets of suffering.

Did they fix CC?

Necromancer Rights Advocate
Restart WvW: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/Clean-The-Slate/first#post6208959
#CleanTheSlate

in Necromancer

Posted by: Papish.5806

Papish.5806

CC is still the same(as posted in changes) and i kinda spammed chat abit to get him to test sigil of blood in ds, sadly it does not work. Was worth a shot guess.

in Necromancer

Zin.6170

Did they fix CC?

If you me fix it like you would a dog, yes they neutered it.

in Necromancer

Cecilia.5179

Did they fix CC?

Goodbye Necro

Restart WvW: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/Clean-The-Slate/first#post6208959
#CleanTheSlate

in Necromancer

Posted by: Malchior.1928

Malchior.1928

16 some hours until we die.

[QQ] A Quaggan in Arah

in Necromancer

Cecilia.5179

I’m sitting at the bottom of Rata Sum in silent protest.

#CleanTheSlate

in Necromancer

Zin.6170

Did they fix CC?

Goodbye Necro

Don’t give up just yet! He stated this was not the same client we are going to get.

in Necromancer

Cecilia.5179

Did they fix CC?

Goodbye Necro

Don’t give up just yet! He stated this was not the same client we are going to get.

That is a small shred of hope. Two weeks ago, I put total faith into the devs. Now, I have none. :p

#CleanTheSlate

in Necromancer

Posted by: Gryph.8237

Gryph.8237

Did they fix CC?

Goodbye Necro

Lol, I want to say you must be new here with that viewpoint/hope. Lol. We have tried the hope thing. It got us here….

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ara.4569

Ara.4569

Goodbye Necro

What ? You mean it could get worse ?

I want to play the most annoying build ever, so that even if they know they can’t lose against me, it would be such a living hell for them that they are discouraged to pick a fight.

Any recommendations ? :p

Balance team is a bunch of clowns, hurting the game to the full extent of their abilities.

in Necromancer

Cecilia.5179

Goodbye Necro

What ? You mean it could get worse ?

I want to play the most annoying build ever, so that even if they know they can’t lose against me, it would be such a living hell for them that they are discouraged to pick a fight.

Any recommendations ? :p

Suicide squad Necro

#CleanTheSlate

in Necromancer

Zin.6170

Did anyone see the engi condi build the guy just showed? Necro will come no where near as close to that with conditions.

Haha! Now he has a zerk engi that is one shotting the light golem with a 14 second cool down.

(edited by Zin.6170)

in Necromancer

Gryph.8237

See post in pvp forum. Dennon’s post to be exact. Hilarious. Rym’s too.

in Necromancer

Zin.6170

He is about to go over Necro condi but I have to go to class, hopefully one of you clowns can give a recap of it…….plz?

in Necromancer

Posted by: LezardValeth.9453

LezardValeth.9453

He is about to go over Necro condi but I have to go to class, hopefully one of you clowns can give a recap of it…….plz?

Sure. Puts on glasses and gets fingers ready to type a long-winded analysis.

We are dead. Game over.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Esorono.1039

Esorono.1039

In a nutshell, Shin (playing warrior) could maybe defeat a necromancer with his eyes closed. He only got below 80% health once after about 10 duels with one, and lost once due to forgetting to remake a preset build, and still won with the preset build a few times because it is really just that bad. He had a harder time with other professions and needed to keep on his toes, but most of the time, he seemed pretty bored fighting the necromancer as he was little more than a punching bag to him. He also tried a necromancer condition build and was surprised by how terrible it was compared to other classes. And mentions that Necromancers seem to be the lowest of all condition builds. Power builds seemed a tad mediocre as well. Jebro kept losing to Shin in 2 Vs 2 and Karl and Jebro got convinced that Necromancers are very strong when it was really Shin who was doing most of the damage, though it didn’t help that Jebrow never cleansed his conditions after being hit by a Signet of Spite. Shin also managed to tie a Necromancer with a Ranger and forgot to use any of his utilities, he seems to have a problem with Necromancers while on Ranger and Guardian. But I don’t know what else happened, or happening right now as my stream is acting up.

And in the end, Karl decided that Necromancers do need a bit of a buff, so he made Plague do a long single self bleed instead.

Playable Tengu please!

in Necromancer

Gryph.8237

lol thats all he concluded? that plague needed a long single bleed? Lol. Necros are kitten now, and will still be kitten, when a warrior or an engie can stack bleeds, or bleeds plus burning faster than you can get off 5 auto attacks.

Joke class

in Necromancer

Posted by: Grim Reaper CZ.9274

Grim Reaper CZ.9274

That’s just sad. And I believed them they could make us get closer to the level of other classes. Not gonna happen I guess.

in Necromancer

Linnael.1069

Karl called his own build “corruption condi” and he didn’t take “master of corruptions”.

Balance team in a nutshell.

in Necromancer

Gryph.8237

after watching that stream, and the 2 v 2s, it was felt as if they were letting the necro do well, as he was not even a treat, when the warrior was recking everyone. The condi stacks the engie and warrior performed, while stacking might was amazing compared to the necro. In fact the necro looked like it was a middle school baseball player taking a major league pitch, and without question, struck out.

Watching the necro stack bleeds and then jump into ds to fire off DS 1 after DS1 trying to stack burn (for a max of 3 stacks), which equates less damage than maintaining scepter was laughable.

I cannot see how anyone can defend this class, or the lack of condis and power this class holds right now. It needs serious help, and IT WILL NOT BE in the meta, at its present state.

It’s a joke

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

I am not certain how changing Plague’s bleed stacks from multiple short ones to a single long one will help Necros.

I am somewhat suspicious that they are being very careful with Plague because of the hypothetical Spite/Curses/Reaper build which takes “Chill deals damage”, “Blind applies Chill” and “Chill applies Vulnerability”. However, Reaper should not be a mandatory pick for a viable Plague.

Nalhadia – Kaineng

in Necromancer

Posted by: MethaneGas.8357

MethaneGas.8357

After reading a bit of the forums the past several days,
I’ll just sit here and embrace the incoming buffs <3

Necro, Ele, Mesmer, Guardian and Warrior, DR[OHai]
YouTube Channel

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sagat.3285

Sagat.3285

After reading a bit of the forums the past several days,
I’ll just sit here and embrace the incoming buffs <3

Are you comparing necro to itself or competitively?

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
The Dhuumfire thread

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

I think he’s talking about the inevitable buffs we’ll have to receive after this crapshow.

On a side note Power Necro might be okay.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

MethaneGas.8357

I think he’s talking about the inevitable buffs we’ll have to receive after this crapshow.

Attachments:

YouTube Channel

in Necromancer

Gryph.8237

Bhawb, honestly asking here, what were the indications that power necro could hang in that meta. I mean i saw a mesmer spike a bot in under 2 seconds, and i did not see power improved in any way dmg wise, or defensively. I really am asking for your opinion.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sagat.3285

Sagat.3285

Band-aids ??! The warrior treatment ??! Nah for a second I forgot revenant is a thing.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
The Dhuumfire thread

in Necromancer

MethaneGas.8357

Band-aids! The warrior treatment! Nah for a second I forgot revenant is a thing.

Lmao yes… how to buff Necro? Create a Revenant.
Just kidding :P I had to.

YouTube Channel

in Necromancer

Zin.6170

Thanks for the recap. Kind of disheartening, whatever though, I still prefer the gameplay over my warrior.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Majic.4801

Majic.4801

Please.

We prefer the term “harlequins” — or perhaps “punchinellos”.

“Not the same, real and true. True you feel inside.
Always follow what is true.” — Sentry-skritt Bordekka

in Necromancer

Linnael.1069

I am not certain how changing Plague’s bleed stacks from multiple short ones to a single long one will help Necros.

I am somewhat suspicious that they are being very careful with Plague because of the hypothetical Spite/Curses/Reaper build which takes “Chill deals damage”, “Blind applies Chill” and “Chill applies Vulnerability”. However, Reaper should not be a mandatory pick for a viable Plague.

It’s far less damage than it was before. About 1/4 if you’re staying in plague the whole time. It’s also not pulsing so it’s easier for allies to cleanse you and won’t act as a permanent cover on top of what enemies might be loading you down with.

I’m pretty okay with the change, especially is the poison from MoC is getting the same treatment. At this point 120s plague might be worth traiting for.

in Necromancer

Posted by: MoonStoneX.9245

MoonStoneX.9245

Yeah frm the looks of it Power Necro is the one Necro that will still be Viable

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

Bhawb, honestly asking here, what were the indications that power necro could hang in that meta. I mean i saw a mesmer spike a bot in under 2 seconds, and i did not see power improved in any way dmg wise, or defensively. I really am asking for your opinion.

Power Necro got baseline:

Nerfs
Consume Conditions 5s increased CD, self applies 4s of 10 vuln
Lich form 5s duration nerf

Buffs
Bloodthirst now baseline
Siphons heal through shroud
Mark sized increased, Staff skills CD reduced by 20%, Mark damage increased by 10%
Lich form 15% LF gained on end
Well skills ranged by default

In all, power necros effectively got a full traitline worth of buffs, since the tiny bit we went into Curses (the only bit that mattered, as passive bleeds were mostly mediocre in PvP) is now baseline. In addition, we got 2 staff skills worth of free traits, and Bloodthirst for free. So effectively 4 free traits, with CoCo being the only loss, and this is baseline. Once we include the trait changes we also get:

20% CD on wells, which also siphon and apply protection on cast
Banshee’s Wail or Vampiric Presense
A free major adept trait in Spite (now that our downed trait was rolled into base)
Actual minor traits at the Adept and GM tier in Spite (previous ones were borderline worthless)
Whatever you take in the Adept BM spot
And then basically whatever you take in the Adept/Master spots in SR you are getting 2 for 1, as everything got merged together. So that is an extra 2 traits total, from before.

So those are all free, new additions we didn’t have before. It is a ton of power added.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ara.4569

Ara.4569

Don’t forget that we are the most balanced profession, we just need bug fixes and other professions to get in line! Take a look at the biggest buffs we received over the past “stale” year:

- shroud LF bug fixed, letting us soak more damage
- might stacking slightly reduced, improving our survivability
- vigor effect halved

We were starting to become monsters (all the insults I received for killing people while in downed state is proof!) so that’s only natural we receive a few tweak to keep us in check. So long!

Balance team is a bunch of clowns, hurting the game to the full extent of their abilities.

(edited by Ara.4569)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Shiki.7148

Shiki.7148

The only good change from this is that Necros now won’t be focussed anymore out of pity – and because they are so bad it makes no difference if there is one there or not.