[Video] Necromancer's Lower Downed HP

in Necromancer

Posted by: OmegaProject.9831

OmegaProject.9831

I believe Chesire is close to why there was no action by ANet. We provided nothing but “hearsay” and corroborating statements, which is great, but no pictures or hard evidence were presented. Certainly a massive thread about the matter would pique the interest of Devs, and perhaps they tested the issue shortly after the thread’s posting, but as Jon stated, their tests provided no reason to believe that the Necromancer suffered from reduced Downed State health (I’m not too sure as to how their testing wouldn’t show this issue, but perhaps it was performed faultily or interpreted incorrectly). Regardless, by their means they felt that there was no issue, and thus didn’t delve into things deeper. We’ve all made mistakes like this before, and I certainly forgive them for it.

Unfortunately, what they did in response was very poor. They never provided details or information about their personal findings, which implies to me that after their tests reported “no issue”, they cast aside our concerns as unfounded complaints. Furthermore, I fear that such an action allows us to make inferences about how they treat ‘complaint’ threads here — read it, refute it, ignore it. We had a large portion of the community here confused and uncertain about a very real, significant balance issue, but their response was minimal testing and dead air (I claim minimal testing because it took me about 10 minutes to come up with how to perform this test optimally). How, then, will they treat our other concerns that may not be as significant as missing 2/3 or our downed HP? This thought discourages me and makes me uneasy, but I will cast it aside and attempt to give the Reds the benefit-of-the-doubt.

However, I am still very pleased by the quick response from this post. Why? Because within 24hrs of a thread that provided supporting evidence of an issue, we received an answer from a Red. That is excellent, in my opinion. This also supports their claim that they actively scan the boards, which is assuring for me.

Anywho, thank you for your time in reading this thread/post. Take care!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

this is probably because of our auto attack in downed state which is awesome even when not combining deaths embrace (50% dmg while downed) and bloodthirst (50% siphon effectiveness).

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

in Necromancer

Posted by: Andele.1306

Andele.1306

Epic that its getting looked at, but could we get any hints to when minion pathfinding, Life siphoning, death shroud major and death magic minior traits might get maybe a look at with a telescope?
Yes i am a cynical and unthankful kitten, but it are still issues that shouldnt be overlooked just because we got some love/fix.

When life gives you lemon, ask if its from a anime or manga.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Xom.9264

Xom.9264

It took the same effort from the necro community to get the DS trait fixed when it was not giving the higher health in DS.

Good job OP. I really have hated losing downstate fights in WvW so kitten fast, Necro should be stronger in downstate.

Xomox ~Human Necro/Engineer ET

in Necromancer

Posted by: DarnDevil IV.2143

DarnDevil IV.2143

Is there anyway to vote the years ANet worker? I want Jon Peters to get a reward from his work as he is the only one who makes me belief that the community is being listened.

Yesterday he was watching Teldo’s stream and fixing the engineer bugs, which Teldo presented to us all.

WE LOVE JON PETERS

in Necromancer

Posted by: Brutal Arts.6307

Brutal Arts.6307

Is there anyway to vote the years ANet worker? I want Jon Peters to get a reward from his work as he is the only one who makes me belief that the community is being listened.

Yesterday he was watching Teldo’s stream and fixing the engineer bugs, which Teldo presented to us all.

WE LOVE JON PETERS

That’s not how you spell Josh Foreman.

You have gotten what you paid for, all that remains is biweekly gemshop pushing.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Three cheers for the necro community! Glad to hear this is finally being fixed. But lets not forget, we still have a long way to go. There are plenty of other issues with our class that still need to be addressed. Perhaps if we can keep providing this sort of helpful info, Anet can sort those issues out as well.

“Madness is just another way to view reality”
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-On3Ya0_4Y)

in Necromancer

Posted by: GankSinatra.2653

GankSinatra.2653

So should we fraps all of our broken, hidden cooldown ridden traits as well then?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Donner.6293

Donner.6293

I still can’t believe this bug has finally been confirmed by the devs.

After I had to read in another thread, that internal testing ended with the result “everything working as intended”, I was pretty confused and just wanted to post some kind of evidence myself.

Because a more detailed post is apparently not required anymore, I simply post this screenshot here: It shows the moment when you go down and can still see your HP in numbers on the default HUD for necro, ele and warrior.
Screens were taken in WvW on level 80 chars without any gear and traits.
Unsurprisingly, the necro has ridiculously low amount of health shown which is much less than that of the other classes.

Attachments:

in Necromancer

Posted by: stale.9785

stale.9785

You didn’t even get the fix and you are all too happy already. I recall a LOT of promises. So far don’t actually remember any that were necro related that were kept in any way, shape or form. More often then not there was 180 turn and something completely opposite was done.
And again 9 months later. Better then never but give me a bloody break. It was discussed so many times here its funny. About as many times as reanimator, a bit less maybe.

Try being a ranger main. Promises from Anet result in nerfs of what they claimed to be about to fix. Glad the necro down state is getting attention, but given the track record, you guys are going to find yourself with 1/8 of a normal health pool, after the “fix.”

in Necromancer

Posted by: Andele.1306

Andele.1306

Hope that you know that he is also the person that said the 3 forbidden lines of Necromancers of GW2, kinda causing a massive backlash that then feared away other devs (funny how our fears on devs work better than against other players).

When life gives you lemon, ask if its from a anime or manga.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Brutal Arts.6307

Brutal Arts.6307

Hope that you know that he is also the person that said the 3 forbidden lines of Necromancers of GW2, kinda causing a massive backlash that then feared away other devs (funny how our fears on devs work better than against other players).

Nah dude, like, you just need to like, master death shroud, you know?

You have gotten what you paid for, all that remains is biweekly gemshop pushing.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Anchoku.8142

Anchoku.8142

It is really sad Areanet’s SQEs do not verify the mechanics work as intended. If Arenanet is going to rely on the player community for software verification, then they should reward posters like the OP or those in the new, dark dot threads with something other than a ‘Thx 4 the feedback. We’ll look into it. Meanwhile, L2P.’

Sorry if I seem grouchy but Arenanet does nothing I know of to reward players who do the SQE or beta testing for them. Nor do they reward players who pay real money for gems instead of exchanging game gold. We could all just give up on the game, stop giving feedback, and refuse to buy gems. There are other games out there.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Execrable.1064

Execrable.1064

I believe Chesire is close to why there was no action by ANet. We provided nothing but “hearsay” and corroborating statements, which is great, but no pictures or hard evidence were presented. snip

Actually, Targuil performed a more thorough test than what you did and documented the results in a spreadsheet. He posted an explanation and links to the spreadsheet in the bug forum.

80s – elementalist, engineer, guardian, mesmer, necromancer

in Necromancer

Posted by: Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

It is really sad Areanet’s SQEs do not verify the mechanics work as intended. If Arenanet is going to rely on the player community for software verification, then they should reward posters like the OP or those in the new, dark dot threads with something other than a ‘Thx 4 the feedback. We’ll look into it. Meanwhile, L2P.’

Maybe another test krewe, like for GW1. I’ll sign up again.

“Madness is just another way to view reality”
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-On3Ya0_4Y)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

You didn’t even get the fix and you are all too happy already. I recall a LOT of promises. So far don’t actually remember any that were necro related that were kept in any way, shape or form. More often then not there was 180 turn and something completely opposite was done.
And again 9 months later. Better then never but give me a bloody break. It was discussed so many times here its funny. About as many times as reanimator, a bit less maybe.

Really? Promises I remember getting:

Fix and buff to Gluttony: As John said, the next patch did indeed have both a fix and a buff (of doubled effectiveness).

Death Shroud UI change: As promised, we got it! We were never given a time frame on it, just that it was coming soon. We got it about 2 months after the promise was made.

Signet of the Locust buff: Yup, we got it.

Soul Reaping trait line: Guess what? It works now!

Other than that, I can’t recall any promises that were made to us by a dev (not a mod). Seems to me that there has been a very good track record of developers delivering promises they make to fix things.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

(edited by Drarnor Kunoram.5180)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Infernia.9847

Infernia.9847

I think the key to the dev’s statement is “repro” or reproducible. If they can’t replicate the problem they will put it on the pile of reported bugs with no reproducible results<- the dead list.
Maybe in the future the pics, spreadsheets, data, & video explaining how to reproduce the bug, will be the new norm for reporting.

Blackgate : Level 80 Ranger, Necro, Guardian, Warrior
Devs: Trait Challenge Issued

in Necromancer

Posted by: Noerknhar.3826

Noerknhar.3826

This thread is a fake. There are no devs answering in the necromancer forums.

Enuerus Derune – Necromancer, Sylvari
[NO] ~ Ponys Will Never Die

in Necromancer

Posted by: Targuil.3741

Targuil.3741

I believe Chesire is close to why there was no action by ANet. We provided nothing but “hearsay” and corroborating statements, which is great, but no pictures or hard evidence were presented. snip

Actually, Targuil performed a more thorough test than what you did and documented the results in a spreadsheet. He posted an explanation and links to the spreadsheet in the bug forum.

Well, anyhow, I’m happy now, regardless of the way, devs now aknowledge this. I guess the video was more “in your face” style for them. Might take that as reference for future bug testing.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
I think I should remove this quote given the recent developement.

in Necromancer

Execrable.1064

No fix listed in today’s patch notes. I guess it was too quick to get it in.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Softspoken.2410

Softspoken.2410

Maybe in the future the pics, spreadsheets, data, & video explaining how to reproduce the bug, will be the new norm for reporting.

I’m trying to decide if I should start trying to do this for the bug list. If I can find a way / process to quickly make videos I could start doing this for some of the bugs. Collecting and checking them (and a lot are overdue for checking) is work enough as it is though.

Mixing insults with your post is like pooping in a salad.
It’s pretty obvious, and nobody’s impressed.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Targuil.3741

Targuil.3741

Jon Peters personally said (he was in hearts of the mists) that they try to get it in a hotfix when they fix it.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
I think I should remove this quote given the recent developement.

(edited by Targuil.3741)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Nyorai.1630

Nyorai.1630

Good news, although reminds me of issue with Soul Reaping trait line. Weeks of silence on a major bug really makes you think how much attention smaller issues get.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Panhauramix.2784

Panhauramix.2784

@Softspoken: I can help for movies and I have the will to test those things out and grab a couple of shots at each. There’s still a lot of bugs (or features) that I would like to have an official answer on and if it can help the devs to give us more feedback, I’m all for it.

80’s: Razdhül Necro/Desire Mesmer/ Ykarys War/ Yphrit Ele/
Panhauramix Guardian/Pistoleros Engineer/ Orbite Thief
Gates of Madness – Leader of Homicide Volontaire [HV]

in Necromancer

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

So any news on this? Feel like this thread should be bumped until the fix is implemented. Hopefully in the end of the month patch.

in Necromancer

Posted by: BobJoeXXI.2493

BobJoeXXI.2493

So any news on this? Feel like this thread should be bumped until the fix is implemented. Hopefully in the end of the month patch.

Jon said he’d send it to someone to work on it on the 14th.

Ok we found a good repro case. It has to do with how death shroud and downed used to interact. I will get someone on it today and try and get a fix to you all asap.

Also this month would be the month to fix it as Jon said:

This month will be focused on bug fixes, with balance coming in later patches!

When it comes to ANet however, I don’t set my expectations high and even then I’m disappointed.

Apicharr Science [ASci] – Maguuma
80 Necro, 80 Ranger, 80 Warrior, 80 Mesmer, 80 Engineer.

in Necromancer

Posted by: TheOneNOnlyGeneralBama.9586

TheOneNOnlyGeneralBama.9586

Only 9 months. At this rate necro’s will be viable in 2023!

This made me chuckle

I never expect to lose. Even when I’m the Engineer , I still prepare a victory speech.

in Necromancer

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

Jon said he’d send it to someone to work on it on the 14th.

Ok we found a good repro case. It has to do with how death shroud and downed used to interact. I will get someone on it today and try and get a fix to you all asap.

Also this month would be the month to fix it as Jon said:

This month will be focused on bug fixes, with balance coming in later patches!

When it comes to ANet however, I don’t set my expectations high and even then I’m disappointed.

Yeah i know its quite likely to be in the bug fix patch. But i dont think its worth letting the issue drop. Its an important bug. And if were seen to not complain about it they could decide its a low priority and postpone it. Jon said in one of his posts hed get the fix asap in a hotfix. Surely that means it should of been patched seperately as soon as the fix was ready, but it hasnt been implemented yet. Im actually dreading the patch and the dissapointment that could follow. :P

in Necromancer

Execrable.1064

Let’s all hope this makes the May 28 patch. Playing my mesmer again until at least this gets fixed. I’m tired of being frustrated with necromancer.