[Video] Outnumbered Necro WvW Roaming

in Necromancer

Posted by: MethaneGas.8357

MethaneGas.8357

Hello all,

I have made a video of some fun roaming times in WvW. The build I use can be very versatile, allowing you to switch roles as needed. In a few of the fights, my +40% condi duration food ran out, which is unfortunate. Nevertheless, and without further ado, here it is:

The build I use is:
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fRAQNBLhZakjmebLuxvG+bTEMIS26T0NmEgyvXB-TVw1AAw+DkCAm5AA-w

-The most important traits, for me at least, are Soul Marks (ensures a continuous supply of life force) and Spectral Attunement and/or Terror.
-The warhorn can be swapped to off-hand dagger (although I never do it) and Spectral Wall can be swapped out depending on one’s style or situation. Runes can also be swapped around. I personally like Torment (for now) because it makes Sigils of Torment and Tainted shackles very dangerous. Your heal can apply 2 stacks of torment (although the radius around you is small, it still hits). This allows me to stack quite a bit of Torment on targets (up to 7 stacks), in AoE. Other runes would work as well, depending on one’s style :P .

-The stats are a mix of Rabid and Dire such that, with 30 points in Curses, my crit chance is around 35 – 40%.

I have made a guide a while back on Necro mobility. It is slightly outdated but for those interested, here it is. I will update it soon.
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/necromancer/Marin-s-Mobile-Necro-Guide-WvW/first

If anyone’s interested in seeing things from the perspective of the faithful D/D Ele in my video, his youtube channel is:
https://www.youtube.com/user/TakeCare3182/videos

Anyway, I hope you enjoy

Edit: I have swapped to Runes of the Krait. My advice, get them!

Necro, Ele, Mesmer, Guardian and Warrior, DR[OHai]
YouTube Channel

(edited by MethaneGas.8357)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Narkodx.1472

Narkodx.1472

Duuuuude no comments yet!? Very well played! Opening chase was awesome you are pro with dark path.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Cogbyrn.7283

Cogbyrn.7283

Your mobility Necro vids are always enjoyable to watch. Thanks for the link!

And in before “You’d do more for your group if you used Epidemic”.

Alduin Nightsong, 80 Human Necro
“He’s like a man with a fork in a world of soup.”

in Necromancer

MethaneGas.8357

Duuuuude no comments yet!? Very well played! Opening chase was awesome you are pro with dark path.

Your mobility Necro vids are always enjoyable to watch. Thanks for the link!

Thank you both . Dark Path is a really excellent (and often under-rated) skill imo. I haven’t played Necro much after the last big balance update cuz around that time I fell inlove with playing staff ele and guardian. With the amount of sustain those 2 professions have… It was odd coming back to Necro… until I remembered it’s all about dat Deathshroud <3

And in before “You’d do more for your group if you used Epidemic”.

Attachments:

YouTube Channel

in Necromancer

Posted by: Yamsandjams.3267

Yamsandjams.3267

Could I borrow your wurm sometime? Mine likes to give me the big “kitten#8221; sometimes and just fail blinks me. He’s an ungrateful little guy.

Although it’s partly the game’s fault. The places you can “blink” to are rather inconsistent.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Natsu Dragneel.1625

Natsu Dragneel.1625

Nice video~ made me finish levelling my necro and gear it up.

I like how spectral walk has no range limit and can port you like 3000 distance back. Also, wurm doesn’t seem to have a limit either, I set mine in my spawn and ran to the other side of the map and it was still alive and I was able to port 1200 distance in that direction

in Necromancer

Posted by: Samis.1750

Samis.1750

Nice playing and very interesting build. I tried it out last night (without all the gear) and it is fun.

You get around the problem of necros in small scale wvw groups. We get focused on asap for a good reason. The warriors jump around and are tough to kill. The blink classes (thief, mesmer, ele) are difficult to pin down. Guardians are perhaps the toughest to kill. So you are left with the engineer, ranger and necro. Rangers have better endurance recovery and evades and movement skills on sword, gsword, dagger and shortbow. The devs even gave longbow some stealth. There aren’t many engies and many run vigor on kit swaps; Engies also have some hard cc and might not mind as much if you charge them.

Necros have death shroud. But it goes down real fast against minimal focusing. I played a condi necro awhile back in small scale wvw and it was frustrating as we needed babysitting.

Your build avoids the problems of sustaining death shroud and poor mobility. I thought some of the replies by posters in the other thread were unnecessarily snarky. Sure, if you’re running with 4 other guildies who are seasoned wvw players there might be more optimal choices in certain situations; but one isn’t always (or rarely) running with a guild groups in mumble with a guardian to help you.

Tarnished Coast

in Necromancer

MethaneGas.8357

Could I borrow your wurm sometime? Mine likes to give me the big kitten sometimes and just fail blinks me. He’s an ungrateful little guy.

Although it’s partly the game’s fault. The places you can “blink” to are rather inconsistent.

Haha yeah, wurm can be tricky to start with. A lot of people I know who just started using it find it really glitchy (it was like that for me too, at start). But after a while you figure out what works. A good rule of thumb is… if you are on the same elevation as the wurm, it will port you. I generally resummon it before engaging each fight so that it’s not too far away. It’s fine if it’s far but if obstacles get in the way of you and the wurm it can glitch. And after each fight, I reset the wurm by casting Spectral Walk, Wurm teleport, then Spectral Return.

Nice video~ made me finish levelling my necro and gear it up.

I like how spectral walk has no range limit and can port you like 3000 distance back. Also, wurm doesn’t seem to have a limit either, I set mine in my spawn and ran to the other side of the map and it was still alive and I was able to port 1200 distance in that direction

Thank you, good luck with your Necro

Yeah it can be funny too cuz with Spectral Walk… if you are building siege, you can use your supply, pop SW, waypoint to keep, grab supply, and SW back to your team xD Shhh tho, don’t tell anyone
Yeah wurm works like that, makes you go in the direction where it’s at… the only thing that sucks is that if it’s too far there can be a lot of “noise” between you and the wurm, so it can glitch. I wouldn’t know for sure tho cuz I always make sure to keep my lovely little pet near me :P

Nice playing and very interesting build. I tried it out last night (without all the gear) and it is fun.

You get around the problem of necros in small scale wvw groups. We get focused on asap for a good reason. The warriors jump around and are tough to kill. The blink classes (thief, mesmer, ele) are difficult to pin down. Guardians are perhaps the toughest to kill. So you are left with the engineer, ranger and necro. Rangers have better endurance recovery and evades and movement skills on sword, gsword, dagger and shortbow. The devs even gave longbow some stealth. There aren’t many engies and many run vigor on kit swaps; Engies also have some hard cc and might not mind as much if you charge them.

Necros have death shroud. But it goes down real fast against minimal focusing. I played a condi necro awhile back in small scale wvw and it was frustrating as we needed babysitting.

Ty sir
Yeah lately I’ve been playing Ele and Guardian a lot, and Mesmer here and there. Ele and Guardian feel effortless and intuitive cuz you can heal right up when you get low. Mesmer can just disappear easily and recover. With Necro, it’s not as intuitive, and I think that’s why some people may have trouble going from a mobile class, or a sustain class like guardian/ele to a Necro. Instead of healing right up, you have Deathshroud which takes hits. I feel like Necro (for me at least) is a lot more unforgiving of mistakes, but a lot more rewarding when you do it right.

Your build avoids the problems of sustaining death shroud and poor mobility. I thought some of the replies by posters in the other thread were unnecessarily snarky. Sure, if you’re running with 4 other guildies who are seasoned wvw players there might be more optimal choices in certain situations; but one isn’t always (or rarely) running with a guild groups in mumble with a guardian to help you.

I think mastering the use of Deathshroud is key to survive, which is why I can’t play without taking Soul Marks with a staff – Deathshroud all day err’day. That’s also why I take warhorn – Locust Swarm is unbelievable. If you’re surrounded by 5 people, you get 2.2% x 5 = 11% of your Deathshroud per second. But that’s more for an in-your-face playstyle… dagger off-hand provides much better condi cleanse and range :P

And yes, I agree 100%. It’s one thing to play without a support and a whole other world when you have one. The build has many layers of defenses, so when we bring a lot of supports (shout guards or warriors), certain things could be swapped for more damage. I think I still wouldn’t ever remove SW and Wurm from my bar, but swapping the off-hand or a trait or two could work. For example, in GvGs, I take the new Curses trait instead of Spectral Attunement. Depending on who else we have in the group, I also take Corrupt Boon instead of Spectral Wall, sometimes.

YouTube Channel

in Necromancer

Posted by: EremiteAngel.9765

EremiteAngel.9765

the video was an eye opener. well played.

Scourge Demo Weekend Roaming Video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsby6rYkxS8

in Necromancer

Posted by: Samis.1750

Samis.1750

Which sigils do you use, specifically which on the staff and which on the scepter/warhorn?

Tarnished Coast

(edited by Samis.1750)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Flaphy.7135

Flaphy.7135

Quote: “A good rule of thumb is… if you are on the same elevation as the wurm, it will port you.”

Not entirely correct – you can teleport up to all spots where e.g. a mesmer can use the blinking skill (not speaking about the portal here) or a thief can jump up with his shortbow skill 5. And yes, you gotta figure out for yourselves where that works.

Example of variation:
WvWvW homeland map northeast tower – T1 u can port up from bridge to bridge, T3 u cannot. Try it.

Spectral walk btw enables u to jump from any height without damage, if u time the doubleclick right.

in Necromancer

MethaneGas.8357

the video was an eye opener. well played.

:O

Which sigils do you use, specifically which on the staff and which on the scepter/warhorn?

On my staff, I use Corruption and Energy. On my Warhorn and Scepter, I use Torment and Energy. Torment goes well with Runes of Torment and the sigil was recently buffed (50% chance on crit, 5 sec cooldown). Sometimes the sigil alone can do 2 stacks of Torment on target, if lucky. Sigil of Energy is sorta like a mini-vigor. I used to use the +40% Endurance regen food wayyyy back in the day and when I swapped to +40% condi duration, I needed something to compensate for the loss of endurance regen from food. Since that faithful day, sigils of energy are probably my favourite sigils :P

Quote: “A good rule of thumb is… if you are on the same elevation as the wurm, it will port you.”

Not entirely correct – you can teleport up to all spots where e.g. a mesmer can use the blinking skill (not speaking about the portal here) or a thief can jump up with his shortbow skill 5. And yes, you gotta figure out for yourselves where that works.

It’s true that you can teleport on ledges, etc. It basically works on any position that lightning flash / blink would work, as long as you position yourself well. But what I meant was with regards to it not porting when it should. If you are standing in a level field, like… I dunno, Umberglade, Speldan, or Obsidian Sanctum dueling area, and it’s a nice, level field, the wurm should almost certainly port :P

Spectral walk btw enables u to jump from any height without damage, if u time the doubleclick right.

This is true Had a lot of fun times jumping off cliffs before just to see a few chasers jump off happily with me. They soon met their end.

YouTube Channel

in Necromancer

Posted by: TakeCare.3182

TakeCare.3182

Me watching this:

Attachments:

YouTube channel
Thief | Mesmer | Elementalist

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bloodwort MacFangho.4638

Bloodwort MacFangho.4638

This is true Had a lot of fun times jumping off cliffs before just to see a few chasers jump off happily with me. They soon met their end.

Sorry – this one is new to me .. can you elaborate on how this works? Do you time the activation of spectral walk/Teleport just before hitting the ground (sort of like going into spectral walk just before hitting the ground and then hitting the teleport before the actual hit on ground so that you teleport back up a few ‘units’?)? I assume that’s it – effectively zeroing your downward velocity and restarting the ‘jump’ just above ground level.

Blood
(I have to know! In WvW, do Legendary NPCs drop Legendary loot?)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Duch.1850

Duch.1850

Amazing video O.O
Could you put full specification with weapons/armor/accesories ?

in Necromancer

MethaneGas.8357

Sorry – this one is new to me .. can you elaborate on how this works? Do you time the activation of spectral walk/Teleport just before hitting the ground (sort of like going into spectral walk just before hitting the ground and then hitting the teleport before the actual hit on ground so that you teleport back up a few ‘units’?)? I assume that’s it – effectively zeroing your downward velocity and restarting the ‘jump’ just above ground level.

Yes, that’s exactly how it works. It resets your falling distance. So if you are falling down, if you quickly press SW twice (so start spectral walk, then use spectral return) before you hit the ground, you will take no damage. The key is to just tap the skill twice some time, or just before, hitting the ground.

Amazing video O.O
Could you put full specification with weapons/armor/accesories ?

Ty
I use only dire and Rabid stats on weapons/armor/trinkets such that with 30 points in Curses my crit chance lies between 35 – 40%, which basically means that I have a fair bit of Rabid. For more tankyness, you can easily go with more Dire.
-As for Sigils and Runes: Runes of Torment.
-Sigil of Torment on Scepter, Sigil of Energy on Warhorn
-Sigil of Energy and Corruption on Staff

YouTube Channel

in Necromancer

Posted by: Odesseus.1472

Odesseus.1472

Stunning, amazing work. I feel like I have so far to go. I don;t understand half the things you can do or how to do them. I will be watching the video over and over.

in Necromancer

Posted by: mordran.4750

mordran.4750

Very entertaining to watch, gg wp.

in Necromancer

Posted by: kaco.9856

kaco.9856

Nice. I love the necro but its a lot of work to get good with. I played mesmer most but necro is my favorite. I tried your build and its easy to pick up the basics but like Odesseus said I will be watching your vid a lot to help get more skillful at it. I had a lot of fun with it today.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Wyrden.4713

Wyrden.4713

time to get the dust off my necro~

great vid!

just my ytb channel

FeintFate~

in Necromancer

MethaneGas.8357

Wow.. thank you guys. I didn’t even realize people commented the past few days… so <3

@Odesseus, thank you, I am in the process of making another video. I will try to add in a lot of comments within the next video to break down a few “strategic movements” that are done Just need a few more good clips!

@mordran, ty sir.

@kaco, yeah I find Necro to require a lot more work than some other professions. I’ve been playing Ele, Guardian and Mesmer and they were really, really fun but after playing them for so long I realized Necro is simply da best It definitely isn’t easy coming to Necro from a profession like those… but with enough work and time it will be really rewarding.
It’s all about timing, positioning and saving that Putrid Mark for when it’s really needed (although I sometimes throw it around).

@ Wyrden, good luck! :P

Also, I have been using this build lately:
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fRAQNBLhZakjmebLuxvG+bTEMIS26T0NmEgyvXB-TFxCABAcIAo4JAMz+DTfCAIFAMzBA-w
It’s the exact same one as in the video, except I use Krait runes. I swapped to Krait runes the other day as a joke to see what would happen and I don’t often say this, but I was blown away. They only cost like 80 copper and in my opinion, they are far stronger than Torment. Torment is great, but Krait just seems to pack bigger punch because of the massive bleed duration (+45%). In this build, with Runes of Krait, I can safely say you have the damage of (or really close to) a Spite Necro, along with the crazy survival.

YouTube Channel

in Necromancer

Posted by: Yam.2891

Yam.2891

still best necro NA

The Lad Guy – aka Mustache Pete
[Trillmatic][SPCA][xmas]

in Necromancer

Posted by: mikeew.8607

mikeew.8607

Hey gw2skills is down can you post the build and gear please or would that be tough.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kyotee.7851

Kyotee.7851

At the OP… That was fun to watch. I have been thinking of which cloth class to make.

I don’t like pink butterflies

I don’t want carpal tunnel syndrome

I like Dark magic type casters in all games

Was leaning towards necro anyhow just for style, but your video sold me.

The link to your build is not working. Seems that site is messed up? Mind sharing your build from another site?

Thanks!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Nightwrath.1679

Nightwrath.1679

Another good video Methane but no love for power! But none the less still fun to watch the gameplay.

Now just need the fall tournament to start so u can show them real necro gameplay

Morrigan Sol (Necromancer)| Averelyna (Elementalist)| Celaena (Thief)

in Necromancer

MethaneGas.8357

@Yam <3 :O

@Kyotee, the path of a Necro is a long one, and different from other classes but it can be incredibly fun to play I haven’t been solo roaming a lot lately… so I don’t know exactly how things stand in this meta when you’re alone. I will say that I’ve been solo roaming in the Borderlands the past few days and the build was incredible – especially in the new area they added in the middle of the map. That place is juke heaven

Anyway… in terms of the build:
-I use a mix of rabid and dire such that my final crit chance is about 35-40%. You can use more dire for more tankyness, or more rabid for more damage.
-Sigil of Corruption and Energy on Staff. Sigil of Energy and Sigil of Torment on Scepter/Warhorn.
-Sigil of Torment COULD be changed, but I like it since it’s AoE, and it’s a unique condition so enemy condi clears have a chance of removing Torment instead of another more important condition (It also works well with plague. Locust Swarm + Plague = AoE Torment (up to 2 stacks from sigil alone), Poison, blinds and bleeds).

This is the link for the build: http://gw2buildcraft.com/calculator/necromancer/?5.0|6.0.0.0.0.0|b.0.0.g.0.0.0.0.0|0.714.0.714.0.714.0.714.0.714.0.714.0.0.0.0.0.0|0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0|0.u4a9.k58.0.k4a|30.e|3r.49.48.40.4f|e
Things to keep in mind:
-I did not include any trinkets or armor stats because it really doesn’t matter. You can grab any stats (rabid or dire) you want as long as your crit chance is around 35-40% (again, more dire for tankyness, more rabid for dmg – although I think the damage is more than fine as is).
-Koi Cakes instead of Pizza works just fine.
-The runes are Runes of Krait. On the site they have the older version. This link is the newer version. In my opinion, these Runes give you a massive damage increase. (nice little detail. With Torment sigil and these runes, popping Locust Swarm + Plague can cause up to 3 stacks of torment, AoE. It makes Plague a really high damage skill, in addition to it being tanky). I usually say to pop locust swarm because Locust Swarm heals your Deathshroud, can crit (which can cause nice bleeds), pulses a LOT (triggers Sigil of Torment well), and Plague increases your power, so the Swarm hits for a nice amount too.

Spectral Wall can be subbed to whatever you wish, depending on what you like. When we have a solid group, I sometimes take Corrupt Boon because it destroys guardians/warriors/elementalists. Epidemic is also a good choice, especially if you have more than one condi person on the team, although I never personally take it.

Curses:
- Weakening Shroud used to be a LOT better, but I still take it because I pop deathshroud when I’m in a tough spot (for example, hammer trained) and the weakness can reduce some of the damage you take.
-Terror provides burst from Doom, Reaper’s Mark, and Reaper’s Protection.
-Spectral Attunement gives you sustain and survivalbility. It also makes your Spectral Walk 10x better and the wall too, which you can kite around.

Death:
-Reaper’s Protection because it deals a lot of damage, provides AoE CC, and is another layer of defense – when a Thief tries to backstab, etc.

Soul Reaping:
- Spectral Mastery makes your spectral skills more frequent. More frequent jukes, more frequent walls, more life force. B
- Soul Marks - This gem gives you sustain through a constant supply of deathshroud.

I feel like I went into too much and too little detail at the same time. Anyway, I hope the build works for you You can always personalize it

YouTube Channel

in Necromancer

MethaneGas.8357

Another good video Methane but no love for power! But none the less still fun to watch the gameplay.

Now just need the fall tournament to start so u can show them real necro gameplay

Haha ty ty
I sometimes make builds for power through the build maker (I always wanted to make a Runes of Melandru + lemongrass power Necro for WvW) but never actually got around to it :P … maybe one day
I think power Necro is harder….

YouTube Channel

in Necromancer

Nightwrath.1679

Haha ty ty
I sometimes make builds for power through the build maker (I always wanted to make a Runes of Melandru + lemongrass power Necro for WvW) but never actually got around to it :P … maybe one day

Ya power takes awhile to get the hang of , just recently I made a new power build and been doing well in wvw for me. No escapes sadly but who needs escapes when I can burst my way through muahahaha lol.

Hmm runes if melandru and lemon grass never thought of that but wouldn’t it cut our condi in take by a lot which one a main source of our heal plus dagger 4 is always nice

So many options. But now dagger auto semi cleave woo!

in Necromancer

MethaneGas.8357

Haha ty ty

Hmm runes if melandru and lemon grass never thought of that but wouldn’t it cut our condi in take by a lot which one a main source of our heal plus dagger 4 is always nice

Haha :P Well…. it would reduce condi intake – so a) more survival and b) shorter roots. Roots are one of the most annoying (and deadly) things in larger fights, at least for me. And I think most condis last long enough for Consume Conditions anyway. I’ve never really tested it but who knows… it could be interesting :P

Yeah the cleave’s gonna be nice :P Wonder if that will apply to the Deathshroud gain as well… that would be 12% every 3rd attack O.o IF it applies, although I somehow think it doesn’t.

YouTube Channel

in Necromancer

Nightwrath.1679

Haha ty ty

Haha :P Well…. it would reduce condi intake – so a) more survival and b) shorter roots. Roots are one of the most annoying (and deadly) things in larger fights, at least for me. And I think most condis last long enough for Consume Conditions anyway. I’ve never really tested it but who knows… it could be interesting :P

Yeah the cleave’s gonna be nice :P Wonder if that will apply to the Deathshroud gain as well… that would be 12% every 3rd attack O.o IF it applies, although I somehow think it doesn’t.

No sadly not 12% life force I think.. Umm I think they mention that you will only receive the benefits of it from 1 target so only get life force from one target. But I think the traits will affect two targets. like vampiric precision, it will heal from both and the apply a bleed on crit will hit both but not life force

in Necromancer

Posted by: Thustlewhumber.7416

Thustlewhumber.7416

I don’t get impressed by gameplay that often but, you sir, are the best necro I have seen.

WvW Necro

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ragion.2831

Ragion.2831

clap…..clap……clap. This is what i call praww!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Uriel.6310

Uriel.6310

So I played around with some of the armor and trinkets combinations and was curious to know if this would be something ideal to run stat wise? http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fRAQNBLhZakjmebLuxvG+bTEMIS2qTkNCQdyoNB-TVxDwAl0HQT9nkK/et+AAzPkCAm5AA-w

GW2 was never made to be more innovative than other MMOs, it was made to be different than GW1.

in Necromancer

MethaneGas.8357

@Thustlewhumber & Ragion ty :P

@Uriel,
It looks quite good stat-wise, very similar to what I also have. I plugged in an exotic rabid backpiece as well. I tried putting in rabid crests. Unfortunately they are not exotic, but they do increase your condi dmg by about 120 (when compared to the Exquisite Emerald Jewels), which is pretty significant. Apart from that, it looks quite good

Just as a side note…. I noticed you took Master of Terror. If you took Reaper’s Protection, it becomes a 4 second AoE fear when you are CCed. Not necessary to take it at all, but it seems pretty crazy :P

Other than those things.. thumbs up

YouTube Channel

in Necromancer

Uriel.6310

Good deal! I actually like that tip and may give it a go. I’ve always been skeptical about Master of Terror too because a longer fear is not always guaranteed with the many stun breaks and stability that other classes have to counter it right away.

GW2 was never made to be more innovative than other MMOs, it was made to be different than GW1.

in Necromancer

MethaneGas.8357

Good deal! I actually like that tip and may give it a go. I’ve always been skeptical about Master of Terror too because a longer fear is not always guaranteed with the many stun breaks and stability that other classes have to counter it right away.

That’s true. But when you have short fears, people might be inclined to wait it out. If you have a really long fear, the damage is just too great for people to not stun break, and a wasted stun break is a wasted stun break
Unfortunately stability is an issue…. but I think it’s best to wait it out and kite until it runs out. Warriors… – shakes fist -
Also an interesting note is that if you take Corrupt Boon, it can corrupt their stability into a fear. With Master of Terror it’s sure to make them cry.
I have never tried the trait because I’m addicted to Soul Marks, so good luck!

YouTube Channel

in Necromancer

Uriel.6310

Great! Loving the advice. One more question, I’m now having a debate of whether greater marks is worth giving up for reapers protection as I also take staff mastery. Do you think its safe to drop unblockable and larger marks for a defensive move even though it has a long CD?

in Necromancer

MethaneGas.8357

Well.. with Greater Marks… you will have larger AoE, and when you cast on groups, you don’t have to worry about Aegis messing up the first mark you cast. You also don’t have to be as precise when you cast greater marks (you can be kind of sloppy, you can cast it beside someone as opposed to drag your mouse directly on top of the person because the marks are just so large. It can save valuable time :P). It’s also really good against warriors’ /engi’s blocks, and guardian heal which you can cast through and even fear with your Staff#5.

If you take Reaper’s Protection you lose a bit of AoE and options with your marks but you gain a few other positive things. Right off the bat, it’s a 4 second fear, which means really strong CC that people may be forced to break out off, and if they don’t, they’ll be pretty far from you after 4 seconds of fleeing (I’m saying 4 seconds because you have long fear duration. For me it’s more like 3 seconds). Not only will they be far but they will take a lot of damage from Terror. With any profession there will always be a window where your defenses are depleted and you can get caught in CC. With this trait it basically pushes people off of you to give you a breather (for example a Basilisk Venom thief tries to gank you, or aTrickery thief – the one that dazes when steals – tries to gank you, a warrior tries to CC you, etc). The only irritating thing is that sometimes people CC you from far away and it goes to waste, but not much can be done about that. A pretty interesting thing that can happen is… when you’re in Plague and you get CCed, the trait can trigger even tho you have stability (I didn’t test this but I’m 80% sure it happens). If the enemies are crippled and feared as you are Plaguing them, they won’t like it :P
The cooldown may seem long but when you look at it as if it was another skill on your skill bar, it’s really not. Sometimes it comes off of the cooldown just in time.

But when it comes down to it, I think it comes to personal preference. Sorry for the wall xD

YouTube Channel

in Necromancer

Uriel.6310

lol no complaints about the length at all. I’m soaking it all in like a sponge. Maybe ill be pro like you some day haha. Thanks though, it does make sense after you explain why and where it can benefit in certain situations. Reaper protection it is!