What weapon is necro most likely to get

in Necromancer

Posted by: Edenwolf.6328

Edenwolf.6328

What weapon/playstyle do you think is missing, if it were my decision, id choose a greatsword for a long range power build.

Alistat the White-Guardian, Edenwolf-Thief, Grimtech Jones-Necro Borlis Pass

in Necromancer

Posted by: Invictus.1503

Invictus.1503

We need a cleave. I say give us a scythe with cleave effects. We have “fake” scythes with a few staff skins, but why not the real thing. Hopefully we’ll see with a future expansion.

It’s better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Andele.1306

Andele.1306

Id go with dual Wielding Swords (cleave and reliable secondary condition application with a chagre), Axe offhand (pbaoe zone control and projectile reflection) and maybe a alternate attack for staff if we get into 170 range *for the people crying about no scythe*.

When life gives you lemon, ask if its from a anime or manga.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

Shortbow; 900-1200 traited Power-based single-target weapon.

Greatsword; melee AOE conditions. mostly just said this because trahearne has one, the rat kitten.

Nalhadia – Kaineng

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ravezaar.4951

Ravezaar.4951

Hooked Ghostly Chains, would love to see that. on a note tho most other MMO’s & RPG have a Great Axe (2-H Axe) abit suprised that its lacking from Gw2 tbh

Underjordens Furste 80 Necro Piken-server
Servant of Dhuum

in Necromancer

Posted by: daimasei.4091

daimasei.4091

Greatsword for high AoE dps on melee and longbow for high dps on long ranged (for single target).

Why fix the Necromancer for free when we can charge $$$ for the Revenant
-ArenaNet

in Necromancer

Posted by: Spartyr.6795

Spartyr.6795

We need a cleave. I say give us a scythe with cleave effects. We have “fake” scythes with a few staff skins, but why not the real thing. Hopefully we’ll see with a future expansion.

What is cleave? I only ever see this mentioned in the Necro forum…

Spartyr – Norn Thief
[GSCH] Gaiscioch Gaming Community

in Necromancer

Posted by: kuora.5402

kuora.5402

I would like to see longbow, because it’s only used by 2 classes atm. Torch would be nice too.

¸ . ø ¤ º ° º ¤ ø . ¸ ¸ . ø ¤ º ° º ¤ ø . ¸
[Aia] Amoria- The guild of pleasant love
¸ . ø ¤ º ° º ¤ ø . ¸ ¸ . ø ¤ º ° º ¤ ø . ¸

in Necromancer

Posted by: RashanDale.3609

RashanDale.3609

i would rather see either axe or dagger getting changed to being a Power-weapon with a reliable AoE/cleave than introducing a new weapon type just for that.

I think the necromancer could need a long range power-weapon that is an alternative to the staff, but no idea what that could be (or they could just increase the power-scalings of the staff)

Torch would be awesome too; it fits the necromancer-style, could provide blind, burning, maybe a smoke- or fire-based necrominion.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
Gunnar’s Hold

in Necromancer

Posted by: Anchoku.8142

Anchoku.8142

I would want an elite skill that assembles all of the minions into a homunculus like a catapult for instant siege. Make it weaker and less durable than purchased siege but allow its AoE to be choices of things the individual minions had, like a heal or bleed.

To keep the elite skill from being OP, the Necromancer must operate it allowing zero mobility, put up with a long cool down, and tolerate its low damage in exchange for increased range. I might also add that it could put all utility slots on the same CD as the elite skill.

(edited by Anchoku.8142)

in Necromancer

Posted by: antimatter.2579

antimatter.2579

I don’t know why the never gave us the ability to use Greatswords. I mean… Death Knights are a thing right, basically a Necromancer Knight.

“Sa souvraya niende misain ye.”

in Necromancer

Andele.1306

I don’t know why the never gave us the ability to use Greatswords. I mean… Death Knights are a thing right, basically a Necromancer Knight.

Because weilding a giant weapon (and for that matter bows and mechanical weapons) would make the necromancer just as much of a dingbat as mesmers with their float greatswords.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Anchoku.8142

Anchoku.8142

I forgot to mention that the homunculus elite skill would be accompanied by an absurdly long animation sequence as minions merge to form a giant, necrotic flesh-bot accompanied by maniacal laughter and putrid whorls of bug-filled darkness while the Necromancer is immobile and vulnerable to attack.

Regarding another weapon, we have short, medium-short, medium-long, and long range weapons. All can do AoE, too. What more do we need?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

I was somewhat surprised that they gave Trahearne a greatsword just to taunt me with his kittenery, but don’t let us use it. That said, he can also summon like 20 Flesh Golems at once, so its not like we can use that as a contention point.

I think the only areas that I could see us getting weapons for would be a long range power weapon (although DS can fill that role if you trait), and a PBAoE condition weapon.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Posted by: datawais.7209

datawais.7209

What is cleave? I only ever see this mentioned in the Necro forum…

Cleave is just melee cone attack. Like a sword hits 3 targets per swing on all other professions?

That said, I’m against greatsword for necro. Greatsword on every other class is so good, the devs got lazy with the other weapon sets. They forgot a ranged weapon set for guardians, and they broke—-ahem, “balanced” scepter in the middle of beta for mesmers because they just assumed that either class would just use one weapon. There are three greatsword legendaries (though Eternity only counts for the merit), and the whole game is balanced around greatsword. One more class is just too ridiculous, or just give one to engi’s thieves, necros, and ele’s.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Riot Inducer.8964

Riot Inducer.8964

Personally I’m hoping they’ll add great-axes in a future update/expansion and give it to necros and warriors. I feel like a two handed axe would be more in line with current necro themes. You could also make a scythe skinned weapon a lot more justifiable as a great-axe.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kilger.5490

Kilger.5490

+1 Great axe, for a good beheading executioner style, complete with cleave. Could get real scythe but who else would use? All weapons are used by more than one class, and I could see great axe with a ranger or warrior.

Kilger – Human Ranger
alts: Fangyre (Necro), Hardrawk (Ele);
Jade Quarry

in Necromancer

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

All we need is a cleave melee weapon. Every other class has this option except engineers and eles. But they have alot of sustained long range aoe and piercing. Necro’s are supposed to be great aoe damage dealers and the wells suggest we should be doing that up close most of the time. So basicly were a frontline aoe caster with no aoe/cleave auto attack. Massive oversight imo. Id say give us a mainhand sword or if they do add polearms back into the game then we should have that as our cleave melee weapon.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Looska.2781

Looska.2781

Whips. The Nightmare Court has ’em, so we should be able to get in on that too. It fits other professions too, like thief, ranger, and maybe mesmer.

Also dual-wielding whips as a necro would just be amazing.

in Necromancer

Sarrs.4831

Regarding another weapon, we have short, medium-short, medium-long, and long range weapons. All can do AoE, too. What more do we need?

They all fill pretty disparate roles. Your medium-long relies on Condition damage, and your long range weapon is down-budgeted by being a piercing projectile.

How many roles do Warrior weapons fill? Control, defense, melee conditions, melee power*2, long-ranged power, long-ranged condition…

Nalhadia – Kaineng

in Necromancer

Bhawb.7408

Warrior utility skills, however, are all based around enhancing their weapon set, whereas necromancer utility skills are actual damage abilities in their own right.

My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Sarrs.4831

Warrior utility skills, however, are all based around enhancing their weapon set, whereas necromancer utility skills are actual damage abilities in their own right.

With the exception of wells and Epidemic, I don’t really see it. Warrior abilities tend to support themselves and their own team, with a few Physical buttons which round out their weapon kits. As a Necromancer, your abilities tend to do mostly the same thing, with the exception of dagger immobilizing and dumping all your wells on some poor fella, or Epidemic, which… Shouldn’t really need to be explained.

Nalhadia – Kaineng

in Necromancer

Bhawb.7408

Basically all corruption skills, all minion skills, half our wells, and half our signets are either directly damaging, or indirectly (ie: Corrupt Boon), and even at least two that don’t directly damage can be used to damage via finishers (Spectral Wall and non-damaging wells). Most necromancer builds will have 2 out of 3 utility slots being a direct or indirect damage source, and then a skill to support that purpose (like Grasp for well builds).

My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Posted by: Monoman.2068

Monoman.2068

Hopefully a greatsword.

The recent update had me testing out axe/focus and dagger/warhorn, but I feel that the idea of a greatsword would work far better with the axe/focus than the dagger/warhorn does. Rooting down and dazing my foe so I can drop every possession I own on him is not my kind of fight.

It’s all a bunch of wishful thinking, but necromancer needs more mobile, power based, aoe options without wasting 2/3rds of his utility slots.

Laviere – Hybrid Wellomancer
Makonne – Hybrid Regen Ranger

in Necromancer

Posted by: TheAgedGnome.7520

TheAgedGnome.7520

Axe Offhand

• Invigorating Slash – range 900, 15 sec CD
    • Slash for x damage (direct)
    • Vigor for 4 sec
  • Death’s Inferno – range 900, 18 sec CD
    • Fire – 240 AoE at target
    • Fury for 5 sec
Stealth nerfs are the perfect fertilizer for mistrust.
PVE Power and Support Build

in Necromancer

Posted by: Galrukh.6532

Galrukh.6532

Torch or Greatsword are my two hopes.
Torch because I want burning condition and a greatsword because I want a weapon with cleave and maybe finally something that is as powerful as Warrior greatsword and Mesmer greatsword…
Oh and Necromancers with greatswords are just cool.

Help build the next big RvR game.
Camelot Unchained is on Kickstarter.
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/13861848/camelot-unchained?ref=live

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ehragus.5843

Ehragus.5843

Sword with posion, bleed attacks. AoE ofc.
Elite skill: Spiteful Spirit from gw1. Win.

80 Necro(x2) – 80 Guard – 80 Warr(x2) – 80 Engi – 80 Mes – 80 Ele(x2)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Softspoken.2410

Softspoken.2410

Kind of surprised that nobody suggested mace. Maybe I’m crazy, but I feel like a giant spiked club fits necromancer more than a (one-handed) sword does. Plus mace is one of the least-available weapon types, alongside things like hammer, rifle and longbow. (I can’t make longbow or rifle work in my brain on a Necromancer though.)

Torch offhand would be cool though, not gonna lie.

Mixing insults with your post is like pooping in a salad.
It’s pretty obvious, and nobody’s impressed.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lorelei.3918

Lorelei.3918

Yeah Greatsword +1

I used to play a Herald of Xotli in AoC. That was simply THE most fun I ever had with any class. It played something like a Fire Ele with a fiery great sword. Also had some necro/warlock abilities thrown in for good measure. I’d love to see necro’s get some hellfire abilities with a greatsword.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Coffietire.2783

Coffietire.2783

I think we need the torch. Necromancers use fear and fire is scary, makes sense.

in Necromancer

Posted by: fakeblood.2576

fakeblood.2576

Focus in the main hand! Long range damage

in Necromancer

Andele.1306

I think we need the torch. Necromancers use fear and fire is scary, makes sense.

You know that the secondary domains of necromancy are disease, blood and ice, right?

in Necromancer

Posted by: TheAgedGnome.7520

TheAgedGnome.7520

Kind of surprised that nobody suggested mace. Maybe I’m crazy, but I feel like a giant spiked club fits necromancer more than a (one-handed) sword does. Plus mace is one of the least-available weapon types, alongside things like hammer, rifle and longbow. (I can’t make longbow or rifle work in my brain on a Necromancer though.)

Torch offhand would be cool though, not gonna lie.

I’d go along with that. A mace would seem to fit the necro.

Stealth nerfs are the perfect fertilizer for mistrust.
PVE Power and Support Build

in Necromancer

Posted by: Overkillengine.6084

Overkillengine.6084

Torch would be nice as an offhand with a necrotic green fire effect and access to Burn and maybe an extra Fear.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Brannidus.4175

Brannidus.4175

Torch would be good. Could use blue ghostly willowisp fire.

Greataxe would be a good match for a new weapon, stylized off of executioners.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Oldbugga.7029

Oldbugga.7029

What… No sarcasm here like give us a wet noodle?

Seriously I would like to see a mace-type weapon (say a skeletal fist) with “hell” like skills like fire, haunting/paralysis, physical damage as well as a skull-like off-hand that interrupts/slows enemy cast times and provides some movement type skill. I haven’t played other professions much so I don’t know if this mix is duplicating any of them.

Edit: to clarify, the haunting could turn the opponent on his team mates for a brief period with AoE type damage.

(edited by Oldbugga.7029)