Which race for Necro?

Which race for Necro?

in Necromancer

Posted by: DerWunderWaffle.4316

DerWunderWaffle.4316

I’m torn between rolling a charr necromancer or a human necromancer. Humans, I feel, look better in their armor, but Charr simply look more intimidating as a whole. I’m dead even on this and was wondering is any necromancer players out there could sell me one way or the other. Thanks!

Which race for Necro?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Imthespa.7624

Imthespa.7624

Charr… all the way.

Attachments:

Which race for Necro?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Mordar.4286

Mordar.4286

none, don’t make a necromancer, they are garbage, you are better ofkittennowledging this truth instead of wasting your time leveling to 55 then realizing they are garbage at everything like I did

Which race for Necro?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Asche.5362

Asche.5362

Ignore the whiny troll and roll a charr. I mean come on, look at the Lunatic Boatmaster. Dude’s one stylish mofo. Also if you want to be human, log off and watch some TV. Being human is boring, you can do that outside of GW2.

Have I mentioned ignoring the troll yet? Because you should do that.

Which race for Necro?

in Necromancer

Posted by: TheAgedGnome.7520

TheAgedGnome.7520

I have Charr, Asura and Norn necros. Each has their benefits. The Charr is most menacing, but the armor looks are not so great. The Asura animations are great, they dodge like Yoda hopped up caffeine and the male Asura comments are mostly amusing and clever. Radiation Field is a nice racial skill. The Norn female looks good and has decent armor choices, as well as the tattoo choices. The female voice (Claudia Christian) seems to be a love-it/hate-it thing; I love her voice.

Stealth nerfs are the perfect fertilizer for mistrust.
PVE Power and Support Build

Which race for Necro?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

As an important note, charr is the only way for necros to get a dodge skill. I very rarely run hidden pistol, but it has saved me so much trouble when I do.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

Which race for Necro?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Joystick.4103

Joystick.4103

Ignore Mordar, Necros are great and everybody agrees on that.

And roll a Charr dammit! Join Ash Legion, make your father an “honorless gladium” or a sorcerer and boom. Necro lore.

Which race for Necro?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Asche.5362

Asche.5362

Not to mention how awesome the masks/facepaint look on charr.

Which race for Necro?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Charait.8693

Charait.8693

Only charr! Only hardcore!

Which race for Necro?

in Necromancer

Posted by: StAllerdyce.3941

StAllerdyce.3941

If I had to remake my Necro, I’d do so as a Charr. As it stands, I’ve put too much into my current one to do so…but there you go.

Which race for Necro?

in Necromancer

Posted by: sorudo.9054

sorudo.9054

humans are better actually, charr is good as a warrior or ranger but look horrible as a necro.
that, and humans have the better part of the armor choices, it actually looks decent.

Which race for Necro?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Fraeg.9837

Fraeg.9837

Norn elite racial is great for mobility, asura radiation field and pain inverter are great. Look at the racials.

I mean if all you are worried about is the cosmetic aspect then pick whatever floats yer boat

Wyverz – Asura – Mesmer
Xynobia – Asura – Necro
|Gnaw| |BB| |dO| |SOUL| – NSP

Which race for Necro?

in Necromancer

Posted by: ScottTheWanderer.4716

ScottTheWanderer.4716

If you want to look good, human. If you don’t care about cosmetics, charr. Humans are too plain and common in the world, so charr seems the better choice of the two.

However, in my opinion, I think sylvaris look really cool as necromancers. But that’s my opinion because I love my sylvari necro. (He’s black with a blood red pattern with dark red hair, the perfect look for a necro imo)

But definitely charr between the two that you’re contemplating.

Wippo – Asura Elementalist
House of the Steel Dragon – Darkhaven

Which race for Necro?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bawi.9541

Bawi.9541

asura > sylvari > *
imo

Ele / Guardian

Which race for Necro?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Fungalfoot.7213

Fungalfoot.7213

Humans have permanently dirty feet and elbows. Just something to consider.

Which race for Necro?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Zaleta.1567

Zaleta.1567

cant go wrong with a Sylvari since they are inquisitive about everything including death

Attachments:

Which race for Necro?

in Necromancer

Posted by: DerWunderWaffle.4316

DerWunderWaffle.4316

Charr is it than. Thank you all very much for your input! To those who voted Asura or Sylvari, I really dig those races but I have a light armor char. for both (Asuran Ele. and aSylvari Mesmer so I’m probably going to pass them over for this char. (Also, to those who like humans, I run them as well for medium and heavy armor chars.)

Joystick, on your recommendation, I’ll be running Ash Legion. Cheers sir! Cheers to all fellow necromancers! Much obliged for the aid.

p.s. While I’ve been playing the game for about a year now, I’m new to the forum. I just wanted to say thanks for the quick and courteous responses. It means a lot as a newcomer.

Which race for Necro?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Afya.5842

Afya.5842

Sylvari ftw

Attachments:

Which race for Necro?

in Necromancer

Posted by: antimatter.2579

antimatter.2579

Why so much hate for humans, Charr definitely have the best cast animations but I love my Human Necro. Very aesthetically pleasing and not too big as a Norn.

“Sa souvraya niende misain ye.”

Which race for Necro?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Mordar.4286

Mordar.4286

Ignore Mordar, Necros are great and everybody agrees on that.

And roll a Charr dammit! Join Ash Legion, make your father an “honorless gladium” or a sorcerer and boom. Necro lore.

yeah, everyone agree thats why almost all threads are about how useless they are at everything except conditionmancer

just reroll, you’ll have a far better quality of life

Which race for Necro?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Aegis Fang.5394

Aegis Fang.5394

Asuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuura!

Seriously being so small is a godsend in WvW, you will soon realize how much you can get away with when you dont stand out like a sore thumb.