Will MM be ever good for pve?

in Necromancer

Posted by: knbBlackTemplar.3059

knbBlackTemplar.3059

Minions got another HP boost, but they still died instantly on most bosses, sad part – it’s really cool and fun to play, with vampiric trait i can easily survive even in berserk gear (when they are alive) and overall damage is great.

Sometimes i didn’t even have time to blow Bone minion (mostly because need wait when he moves to boss, IMHO bone minion should jump on target and blow up and blow up on standing point when no target)

80’s: Sylvari Necromancer (Main). Human: Thief, Warrior (PvP Main), Engineer. Charr Guardian

in Necromancer

Posted by: martyrius.8957

martyrius.8957

bone minion is dumb imho. flesh is best. put it on a wall and always have good ranged dps. hitting just as hard as the flesh golem. but they are good in pve.

80 necro main. 80 mesmer. 80 guardian. 80 thief. 45 elementalist i’m just too lazy.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Jansy.8463

Jansy.8463

No, especially when a Power/Condition build will do the same but in less time.

Gold Cape via Hall of Monuments pls…

in Necromancer

Posted by: Drawing Guy.3701

Drawing Guy.3701

I’ve tried playing Minion Master multiple times – pre-HP buff I found it pointless to try… if anything ever glanced at a minion, it died. After the HP buff, I now consider it useable to a point. As now they’re no longer 1-2 shotted, you have the opportunity to keep the alive with Transfusion and Well of Blood. Have them keep YOU alive with siphons. When stars align, it’s pretty solid DPS though I haven’t number crunched to see where it lands in the mix.

Unfortunately you face a big issue: Minion AI. I have had (and this is post update) it where not a single minion attacked my target. Had them run in random directions, off cliffs, stuck on walls/ramps, stuck on nothing (where even telling my Flesh Golem to charge and still would charge in place), etc. It doesn’t matter if number crunching shows shaving off some power/condition into MM is better DPS when I can’t be sure that DPS will be there.

So yeah, I still am not a Minion fan. They’ve been regulated to open world roaming where things die so fast I don’t bother to use utilities anyways or when I’m on a condition build and there’s an inanimate object to beat down.

in Necromancer

Posted by: albotelho.2931

albotelho.2931

I would love to play MM build if the kittening minions had at least a peanut brain… but not even that… they take too much time to do anything… and I dont think their habilities are so usefull… sometimes I only use the Flesh Golem… he is stupid but it is fun when he knocks people down.

Turig Wolfsbane Norn Guardian
Rangrorn Charr Necromancer
Ultimate Legion [UL]