Will chill damage stack?

Will chill damage stack?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Dex.7092

Dex.7092

Q:

Assuming that “Deathly Chill” turns chill into a condition that deals damage per tick, what will happen if several Reapers running this trait apply chill to the same target?

Will it work like burning does currently when several players apply it to the same target, or will it work similarly to Poison after the changes, where the damage modifier stacks but not the condition’s “effect”? (Except possibly with each player only being able to apply one ‘stack’ of the damage effect.)

Just a little concerned about how this may work on certain boss fights with multiple reapers trying to use chill as a method of dealing damage… We end up right back at the current problem conditions are having, which is what I hoped they were trying to fix. :-/

Will chill damage stack?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Muchacho.2390

Muchacho.2390

It probably wont stack. It will be alot like fear-terror.

Will chill damage stack?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Gexim.3289

Gexim.3289

Assuming that “Deathly Chill” turns chill into a condition that deals damage per tick, what will happen if several Reapers running this trait apply chill to the same target?

Will it work like burning does currently when several players apply it to the same target, or will it work similarly to Poison after the changes, where the damage modifier stacks but not the condition’s “effect”? (Except possibly with each player only being able to apply one ‘stack’ of the damage effect.)

Just a little concerned about how this may work on certain boss fights with multiple reapers trying to use chill as a method of dealing damage… We end up right back at the current problem conditions are having, which is what I hoped they were trying to fix. :-/

Is poison going to stack damage? Can you please share any proof? I’ve been looking for that everywhere.

Will chill damage stack?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Shaogin.2679

Shaogin.2679

It probably wont stack. It will be alot like fear-terror.

I’m assuming this as well.

Doc Von Doom – Asuran Necromancer
Gate of Madness
Contribute to the Wiki MetaBattle Builds

Will chill damage stack?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Is poison going to stack damage? Can you please share any proof? I’ve been looking for that everywhere.

You could check any of the recent Ready Up’s or Points of Intrest. Every one of the last four has stated that Poison and Burning will stack intensity (Poison’s healing debuff does not stack) rather than duration.

As for the OP’s question: Chill stacks duration, not intensity. This is not changing, so Chill damage will not stack.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

Will chill damage stack?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

So first off there is no assuming anything, Deathly Chill has been directly compared to terror, and it will scale with condition damage. There is no reason to assume it would do anything different than Terror when it is essentially terror-lite.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

Will chill damage stack?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Anchoku.8142

Anchoku.8142

The amount of slowing caused by chill does not seem to have changed but the preview did not show what happens when one chill overlaps with another.

As a guess, i would say two chills add duration but burning will stack in intensity so the same is still possible for chill. PvE will have the same problem with lost condition damage with chill as it does with burning.

Will chill damage stack?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

The amount of slowing caused by chill does not seem to have changed but the preview did not show what happens when one chill overlaps with another.

As a guess, i would say two chills add duration but burning will stack in intensity so the same is still possible for chill. PvE will have the same problem with lost condition damage with chill as it does with burning.

Except that, like Fear, only Necros can cause damage with Chill. Fear stacks duration, as does Chill. Burning and Poison are being changed to stack intensity instead of duration.

Chill will not stack in damage. To think otherwise literally goes against every precendent we have.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver