You either play as a dreamer

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sororita.3465

Sororita.3465

or you play long enough to see yourself come cry on the forums, every single day.

Is this all we are now? Is all we do is to come cry about every change?

Necro has never been a horrible class, has it had short comings? Do some classes have an easier time than us? Sure but its nothing to keep crying about. I haven’t seen as much crying since Call of Duty twelve year olds. My four year old plays a necro, yes you read that right, a four year old. He even pvps and can down people. He may be button mashing as if hes playing Eddie from Tekken but hes still killing people.

If you’d all spend your time theory crafting instead of crying on these forums then we’d actually go some where.

Necromancers are selfish, we aren’t a knight in shining armor, we aren’t going to jump through hordes of enemies to save you, we aren’t here to read you a bed time story. We’d rather you make more death cries so we can hit the enemy in the back and gain all the glory for ourselves. We were not and should never be built for group support. If you want group support then there’s the door to Guardians and Elementalists, go, no one’s stopping you.

The necro is a great class and the reaper a great addition. I’ve played my necro for 3,100 hours over 771 days. I’ve done everything with it, PvE, dungeons, fractals, pvp and primarily WvW ( both zerging and roaming, the later being my forte). If you cant make the necro work, at this point, then the problem isn’t the class, it’s you.

Complaining about people not taking you to dungeons? Obviously you cant play necro or its the kinds of people you want to play with. There will always be elitists who demand cookie-cutter group comps just as much as there’ll be people who don’t care. If you want to play with those people then i’d suggest you reroll because you must have the same mindset, why play a " sub-par" class, don’t let the door hit you on the way out.

We as a class have become too closed-minded, we can’t see the forest from the trees, we shoe-horn ourselves into traits and play styles instead of thinking out side the box.
Its either the zerker traits, the spectral traits or the terromancer traits. Anything else is frowned upon and belittled.

Have you given the Reaper a chance? Do you not see the potential? Cast aside the delusions of support, we are not built for that, we never will be. Our support is wrecking the enemy, thrusting our daggers, our greatswords into their chests, clawing their eyes out with our axe. Weakening their effectiveness to fight with weakness, chills and blinds. That is our support.

Put aside the support class, become the power house you were meant to be.

Our job is to be a foce of reckoning, applying chill, weakness and vulnerability to all enemies in our wake. Let the guardians, elementalists and warriors protect everyone, let us focus our hate on the enemy.

This post brought to you by a necro who hasn’t lost their spark and these sponsors:

Superior Runes of the Ice
Superior Sigils of ice, hydromancy, peril, frailty and chilling.
Ghost pepper poppers at night.

Stiff upper lip my necro friends.

Commander Starlight Honeybuns[BUNS]
Timelord to Lillium Honeybuns, IoJ
Forever together, or not at all.

in Necromancer

Sororita.3465

Reaper brings so much to the table to both power and condition builds. Nothing is requiring you to use shouts, just like Curse doesn’t require you to use corruption skills.

Chill will be able to deal damage, scaling off of condition damage. Take these traits.

http://dulfy.net/gw2traits#build=AgQCrAX8Bqg~

See what you can get?

A fear that not only damages you with terror but fears that also damage you with chill. An Aoe melee burn with no CD. All this on top of your bleeds. There is no reason to take a greatsword if you dont want to. Use the usual scepter, dagger and staff weapins and watch yourself do more condition damage than ever before.

Look, think, theory craft.

in Necromancer

Posted by: insaneseagull.7063

insaneseagull.7063

or you play long enough to see yourself come cry on the forums, every single day.

Necro has never been a horrible class, has it had short comings? Do some classes have an easier time than us? Sure but its nothing to keep crying about. I haven’t seen as much crying since Call of Duty twelve year olds. My four year old plays a necro, yes you read that right, a four year old. He even pvps and can down people. He may be button mashing as if hes playing Eddie from Tekken but hes still killing people.

If you’d all spend your time theory crafting instead of crying on these forums then we’d actually go some where.

Necromancers are selfish, we aren’t a knight in shining armor, we aren’t going to jump through hordes of enemies to save you, we aren’t here to read you a bed time story. We’d rather you make more death cries so we can hit the enemy in the back and gain all the glory for ourselves. We were not and should never be built for group support. If you want group support then there’s the door to Guardians and Elementalists, go, no one’s stopping you.

The necro is a great class and the reaper a great addition. I’ve played my necro for 3,100 hours over 771 days. I’ve done everything with it, PvE, dungeons, fractals, pvp and primarily WvW ( both zerging and roaming, the later being my forte). If you cant make the necro work, at this point, then the problem isn’t the class, it’s you.

Complaining about people not taking you to dungeons? Obviously you cant play necro or its the kinds of people you want to play with. There will always be elitists who demand cookie-cutter group comps just as much as there’ll be people who don’t care. If you want to play with those people then i’d suggest you reroll because you must have the same mindset, why play a " sub-par" class, don’t let the door hit you on the way out.

We as a class have become too closed-minded, we can’t see the forest from the trees, we shoe-horn ourselves into traits and play styles instead of thinking out side the box.
Its either the zerker traits, the spectral traits or the terromancer traits. Anything else is frowned upon and belittled.

Have you given the Reaper a chance? Do you not see the potential? Cast aside the delusions of support, we are not built for that, we never will be. Our support is wrecking the enemy, thrusting our daggers, our greatswords into their chests, clawing their eyes out with our axe. Weakening their effectiveness to fight with weakness, chills and blinds. That is our support.

Our job is to be a foce of reckoning, applying chill, weakness and vulnerability to all enemies in our wake. Let the guardians, elementalists and warriors protect everyone, let us focus our hate on the enemy.

This post brought to you by a necro who hasn’t lost their spark and these sponsors:

Well said brother! Well said. This has excactly been my mindset as well (not only limited to necromancer) through the hours I’ve put into GW. People are too stuck up on the little things.

“if you stand too close to a painting — all you see are patches of color, if you stand too far back, you can’t see any of the detail.”

I too,like you,know that our support comes from pressuring and weakening our enemy. Too bad noone else gets too see it from our POV.
Tbh I think this should be stickied xD
And btw,I have the excact same sponsors as you! Never been sponsored by pepper poppers before,maybe I’ll give it a try….

Server: Far Shiverpeaks
IGN: Sparkly Darkness/Sinh Verdandi/Got D Boons
Guild: Anime And Manga Club [AMC]

in Necromancer

insaneseagull.7063

Reaper brings so much to the table to both power and condition builds. Nothing is requiring you to use shouts, just like Curse doesn’t require you to use corruption skills.

Chill will be able to deal damage, scaling off of condition damage. Take these traits.

http://dulfy.net/gw2traits#build=AgQCrAX8Bqg~

See what you can get?

A fear that not only damages you with terror but fears that also damage you with chill. An Aoe melee burn with no CD. All this on top of your bleeds. There is no reason to take a greatsword if you dont want to. Use the usual scepter, dagger and staff weapins and watch yourself do more condition damage than ever before.

Look, think, theory craft.

I think I’m in love.

in Necromancer

Sororita.3465

Reaper is a debuffing power house, just take a look.

http://dulfy.net/gw2traits#build=AgQB6AV0Brg~

With these traits you can apply near constant chill, vulnerability and weakness. Are these not needed for a group? And these are not only single target but aoe debuffs. We can debuff all enemies that our group may encounter. All this on top of doing amazing aoe damage.

Chills that apply vulnerability.
Death shroud that constantly applys vulnerability.
Greater crit chance against foes with vulnerability.
Crits against chilled foes apply more chill, and in turn more vulnerability to enemies around your target.

Why are we still complaining? can you not see the possibilities?

in Necromancer

Sororita.3465

Ever wanted to be a tanky front liner? Have you ever wanted siphoning to matter? Ever wanted to roll with the guardians and warriors on the front line?

http://dulfy.net/gw2traits#build=AgQDvASkBtQ~

With the changes to siphoning it makes it all possible. Look, read and learn. Look at all that healing, they may look like small numbers but everything small adds up to something large.

You can tank damage in deathshroud and gain back health, all the following can happen to you IN deathshroud.

Healing every second from Unholy Sanctuary.
Every hit siphoning health to you.
Every skill hit using siphoning from the greatsword while in deathshroud.
Crits siphoning health.
Boons applies to you in deathsroud healing you. Hello, Hello empowers.

Look at all that sustain.

(edited by Sororita.3465)

in Necromancer

Sororita.3465

In less than 15 minutes, which was primarily typing, ive made 3 viable trait specs. Look at the possibilities that the Reaper gives us. We are necros, we shouldn’t be crying about what we don’t have but what we have.

in Necromancer

Sororita.3465

But what about utilities? Specifically anti-conditions?

Combine consume conditions, suffer as well as dagger 4 and staff 4, would we ever have to worry about condition spikes again? We have so much condition cleanses and transfers. Ever been jealous of warriors? We just got an even bigger boost in this department.

33% reduction on imbol, chill and cripple….66% in DS!!!!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sigmoid.7082

Sigmoid.7082

in pvp a leech tank can effectivly hold 1v3 for extremely long and still do very decent damage. that is what i am looking forward to.

also @ Sororita you linked the same build twice…oops

in Necromancer

Posted by: EremiteAngel.9765

EremiteAngel.9765

uh…i think we get the point.
We never thought necro was weak. or at least I never did.
the ones who did are usually the noobs who don’t know how to bend with the wind.

Scourge Demo Weekend Roaming Video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsby6rYkxS8

in Necromancer

Sororita.3465

in pvp a leech tank can effectivly hold 1v3 for extremely long and still do very decent damage. that is what i am looking forward to.

Nice save sometimes it errors.

in Necromancer

Sororita.3465

uh…i think we get the point.
We never thought necro was weak. or at least I never did.
the ones who did are usually the noobs who don’t know how to bend with the wind.

Reading these forums over the last few months, i wouldn’t get that impression. Though i do realize those of us who do love necro dont complain, i felt we needed another voice for the effectiveness of Necros. Otherwise we’re all drowned in negativity.

in Necromancer

Posted by: EremiteAngel.9765

EremiteAngel.9765

true that
this forum is flooded with noobs who think necros are weak
sometimes i can’t stand them and try to troll them into submission

Scourge Demo Weekend Roaming Video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsby6rYkxS8

in Necromancer

Sororita.3465

true that

As should we, if somethings truely wrong then we should discuss it. Crying about every little thing gets us no where and im sure the developers just want to stay away from all this mess…

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sigmoid.7082

Sigmoid.7082

With blighters boon chilling force is actually better than soul eater. Also chilling nova may be better since you would spread chill faster and thus this would be a wvw combo.

Sigil of ice procs and you crit procing chilling nova 3 times chilling potentially loads of people enough for your while to finish. all 55 hits would grant might. All might would proc blighters boon. potentially healing yourself over 10k to your actuall health while massing up your own life force so your shroud doesnt drop either.

in Necromancer

Sororita.3465

With blighters boon chilling force is actually better than soul eater. Also chilling nova may be better since you would spread chill faster and thus this would be a wvw combo.

Sigil of ice procs and you crit procing chilling nova 3 times chilling potentially loads of people enough for your while to finish. all 55 hits would grant might. All might would proc blighters boon. potentially healing yourself over 10k to your actuall health while massing up your own life force so your shroud doesnt drop either.

Theory craft, theory craft, theory craft. Exactly my point, we all have to do it or we miss things. Way better than just complaining.

They gave us reverse altruistic healing. Sit in Deathshroud, watch the boons and health roll in. Not only when we apply boons to ourselves but when allies buff us.

(edited by Sororita.3465)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

in Necromancer

Posted by: A Volcano.2510

A Volcano.2510

Yeah, these changes seem to open up a lot of crazy new builds. I see much more variety and possibilities now.

Something like

http://dulfy.net/gw2traits#build=AgQC2ASUBqg~

with celestial armor and daggers looks fun. You really would be using all of the traits of celestial armor to try to be some sort of all around life-siphoning, chilling, debuffing, damaging character.

Who knows? It might suck, but it looks fun to play.

in Necromancer

Posted by: The Wizland.8435

The Wizland.8435

It’s not that Necros are weak, it’s that they’re lacking in important areas that prevent them from being used in high tier play (active defense, support (direct or indirect), and mobility). The necromancer brings nothing to the team in its current state, and PvP is focused on team play. In addition, you claim it’s a powerhouse, when it does damage no better than any other class. The simple fact is that it doesn’t do anything better than another class. Though some of these are supposedly being at the very least partially fixed which is why I’m hyped for HoT. Think I’ll be running this when HoT/Beta happens: http://dulfy.net/gw2traits#build=AgQG-AHYBeQ~

Jesusmancer

(edited by The Wizland.8435)

in Necromancer

insaneseagull.7063

It’s not that Necros are weak, it’s that they’re lacking in important areas that prevent them from being used in high tier play (active defense, support (direct or indirect), and mobility). The necromancer brings nothing to the team in its current state, and PvP is focused on team play. In addition, you claim it’s a powerhouse, when it does damage no better than any other class. The simple fact is that it doesn’t do anything better than another class. Though some of these are supposedly being at the very least partially fixed which is why I’m hyped for HoT. Think I’ll be running this when HoT/Beta happens: http://dulfy.net/gw2traits#build=AgQG-AHYBeQ~

Mobility is not needed for every player in the pvp team,less so when you’re on point with others/solo.

Support is,as what our awesome OP explained,through our damage and conditions. Come on,chill builds is a reality but nobody ever uses them,which is sad really. I bring up chill builds as an example because the chill is a good offensive support for your team.

As well as the amount of weakness we can dish out. Weakness= 50% less endurance gain AND which turns HALF of ALL hits into glancing (-50% less dmg.) blows. Now tell me that is not support disguised in offensive clothes lol.

We’re also awesome at dealing out poison which is super nice against guards,warriors and in general tbh,all healing -33%. Another offensive support.

Support as in “real” support (what everyone thinks) will the guard or elementalist take care off.
You can’t say they bring nothing to the team,that’s an outright blatant lie. Oh,and the boon conversions/removals we CURRENTLY have. That’s some major kittening stuff right there for the enemy’s own “supportive” meta builds.

It does some things better than other classes,and some things not so better. But what are you going to do when you have 8 professions which were all designed around the idea that you could basically play whatever style you wanted while still keeping a theme going on. Ofcourse there’s going to be some “issues”. Or else we’d be all playing the excact same class.

Excuse my england.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Solace.7608

Solace.7608

This so much. I love the necro’s selfish nature, it is a class which can absolutely ruin someone’s day. When I am on my necro, the only thing I am aiming to do is destroy things. If I want to support, I have an elementalist and a guardian both specced for just that purpose. The Reaper is going to bring so much to the table and will make us an even deadlier force to be reckoned with. Let others worry about keeping the group supported, we’ll melt our enemies and cripple their ability to fight!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Nay of the Ether.8913

Nay of the Ether.8913

@Sororita,
Yes Reaper addresses lots of problems we’ve had and is turning out to be a decent specialization that give necro lots of good tools we need, but the thing you’re missing is, it’s a specialization it is a patchwork fix to the broken core of the class. This is exactly what I was afraid of, that they would slap this quick fix on to make people happy and call it a day. What many of the long time necro players are asking for is baseline, core mechanic fixes and doesn’t look like we will be getting them because Reaper now holds all the cards. The biggest and most glaring deficit of core necro is sustainability and scaling vs increased number of enemies. They gave all of that to Reaper and left core necro out in the cold. And to people saying our condis and debuffs are our support- that was true 2 years ago when we didn’t have so many excessive cleanse skills and immunity skills/traits to deal with. I will never be in the camp of “necros need mobility” though, because that’s not what we do, but if you’re going to make a class slow, lacking strong team support, and only a handful of reliable utilities and traits, you better kitten well make them survivable – which Reaper is, but core necro is far from.

http://almunns.wix.com/elitedeathsociety
~Surrender fiend and you will get an easy death
~I could promise you the same…but it would be a lie…

in Necromancer

Posted by: Tiger.9786

Tiger.9786

Awesome thread, Sororita. Looking forward to being a tanky frontliner reaper and or a simple glass cannon. This is what I came up with for a sPvP zerker reaper. http://dulfy.net/gw2traits#build=AgQBmAXoBuw~ With adept spite and master reaper being changeable/undecided

in Necromancer

The Wizland.8435

-snip-

None of those things are really viable right now, not to mention other classes being better at it. And yes mobility is important, it allows us to quickly get the hell out of dodge and support allies when they need it. We also need it to have the glimpse of a chance to kill an enemy, because smart ones will leave if they realize they’re outmatched (though with new pulls that’ll be better and keeping points is important). And dealing damage is not support. Support is doing something to help your allies, like buffing them or making them deal less damage, and we really don’t have that much weakness. Please keep in mind that I’m talking about necromancer right now. Not once HoT changes happen. HoT appears to be patching stuff, including our lack of support (40 second CD ally rez? Yes please!)

Jesusmancer

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lumin Arius.6952

Lumin Arius.6952

Honestly, with the introduction of The Reaper I can make my vampiric build work even better now. It will be a few tweaks here and there, but that’s just what I like about Necros: it’s not some pre-ordained build we HAVE to use and I can have fun making skills work for me. I honestly hate having anything to do with metas and the “press 1 to win” tactic. Out of all the professions in the game both in GW1 and GW2 I have enjoyed my Necromancer the most. So I tip my hat to you sir for this post.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Razor.9872

Razor.9872

clap clap clap clap clap clap

NSPride <3

in Necromancer

Posted by: WhiteCrow.5310

WhiteCrow.5310

You and me both. Looking forward to this so hard.

Concerns about HoT pre-order? Check here!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Am9gVQB8gss

in Necromancer

Posted by: SidewayS.3789

SidewayS.3789

This thread is lmao. Welp guys, you just have some 99 stacks of confusion. You think these new changes will put us in the meta for dungeons? If you think so, then i’m sorry to say, you dont play dungeons. Most say that the changes are good for pvp/wvw, maybe it is, i’m not playing these mods, but on PvE – dungeons, the Reaper will be in the exact same place at is now. Its true that in the first month of the expansion, almost no one will go in dungeons, rather exploring new map/collecting hero points, etc. But after the dust will of the new content will settle, the dungeons will be full again.
Yes we can dream of our new place in the meta, but i lost faith a long time ago with Necro on dungeons.Question : Why you should take Reaper rather then Chronomancer? The shouts are AoE, most bosses are single target so it almost invalidate our new shouts. Open your eyes and leave this “dream” behind that those who cry are noobs, or should i say play with Necro/Reaper in pvp/wvw but please dont come with the idea that in PvE , Reaper will be in the meta.Cheeers.

@Sororita : Take some pills bro, it seems you’ll choke with your dream, lol

[Main]Kappy Ry – Asura Guardian [~You are all,Bookahs !!!~]
[Second Main]Korvus Mistreaver – Charr Revenant [~I’m blind not deaf~]
[Third Main] Vladdz – Asura Engineer [~In due times, all will serve asura~]

in Necromancer

Posted by: Truefrost.6815

Truefrost.6815

I find it amusing that most people tend to bury they’re heads in the sand when it comes to balancing. In every MMO there is always the best build, this CANNOT be changed unless It’s changed by the company through buffs to what’s worse, or nerfs to what’s best. Even when that happens a NEW best is created, cause numbers will always be numbers. So for that whole theory crafting bit, It’s basicly what Anet has told us for YEARS now. “You’ve yet to find the true strength of the Necro!” Yeah, no… The best has been discovered, and It will repeat with whatever changes! So go ahead, theory craft all you want. Just know you will never beat a good player with a meta build.

Now this doesn’t mean you should play just the meta, you can do whatever you want. However, as for necros having so much problems, It’s completely understandable. We’ve been the lowest tier for everything. The only thing we’re considered in the meta for is WvW. I personally am not one to complain that often, hell… I don’t even post much, but It’s understandable to those that do.. :P

On to pve! Support is king, that’s all there is to it. Until Anet creates a way for Chill/Weakness/blinds to actually be effective against bosses we won’t have a place unless we GET defensive group support. Offensive support will never beat defensive group support. And for people who do speed run challenges, or high end fractals for fun, that’s frustrating… You cannot have a class that just doesn’t work for a game mode. It’s completely unacceptable.

Server: Yak’s Bend | Main: Aliah Raheim
Necro main since beta, MMO fanatic and avid beta tester.

in Necromancer

Posted by: KashimKudal.2961

KashimKudal.2961

This thread is lmao. Welp guys, you just have some 99 stacks of confusion. You think these new changes will put us in the meta for dungeons? If you think so, then i’m sorry to say, you dont play dungeons. Most say that the changes are good for pvp/wvw, maybe it is, i’m not playing these mods, but on PvE – dungeons, the Reaper will be in the exact same place at is now. Its true that in the first month of the expansion, almost no one will go in dungeons, rather exploring new map/collecting hero points, etc. But after the dust will of the new content will settle, the dungeons will be full again.
Yes we can dream of our new place in the meta, but i lost faith a long time ago with Necro on dungeons.Question : Why you should take Reaper rather then Chronomancer? The shouts are AoE, most bosses are single target so it almost invalidate our new shouts. Open your eyes and leave this “dream” behind that those who cry are noobs, or should i say play with Necro/Reaper in pvp/wvw but please dont come with the idea that in PvE , Reaper will be in the meta.Cheeers.

@Sororita : Take some pills bro, it seems you’ll choke with your dream, lol

Hmm I wouldn’t say never being in a PvE meta. I can’t wait to see the new traits in their final form. A necro can be excellent in PvE, if played well just like every other class. I hope with Anets call for more challenging content that yes even Necros with their now heavy ability to crowd control groups of mobs becomes a needed part of PvE in some sort of 8~10 man raid like instances. As the dungeons are now and knowledgeable player running a semi dps stated gear/spec can speed clear. This takes minimal skill nowadays.

Lord Abbadon – Human Necromancer – Anvil Rock
“Abaddon DOES NOT LOSE DANCE CONTESTS!!!”

in Necromancer

Truefrost.6815

You can be as skilled as you want, the limit becomes your class and Necro is the lowest of the low when It comes to pve. Although the Reaper will allow us to gain a little height, once again… Without group utility we don’t have anything to offer so when I say a little we’ll still be the bottom of the barrel. At least we’re getting some mega vuln stacking/cleaving! It’s better then nothing and It’s a step in the right direction!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Holl.3109

Holl.3109

I was strangely motivated by this thread to never abandon my beloved necro!
Necro’s unite!

All 80’s – PvP/WvW
My YouTube channel
Reapers gonna reap ¯\(°_°)/¯

in Necromancer

Posted by: Shiki.7148

Shiki.7148

You can be as skilled as you want, the limit becomes your class and Necro is the lowest of the low when It comes to pve. Although the Reaper will allow us to gain a little height, once again… Without group utility we don’t have anything to offer so when I say a little we’ll still be the bottom of the barrel. At least we’re getting some mega vuln stacking/cleaving! It’s better then nothing and It’s a step in the right direction!

And you missed Anets plans to apparently make blood-magic into a Necroish-support line , one example we know for now being a possible Vampiric Aura that allows teammates to also siphon health.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140

in Necromancer

Posted by: Wondrouswall.7169

Wondrouswall.7169

Gotta say that the shouts were underwhelming. As far as the Reaper is concerned, I could see it being used in dungeons more. With PS Warriors stacking might and Eles taking care of fury, Necros/Reapers could see a place as an alternative over Engineers for stacking and sustaining vulnerability.

My only disappointment thus far has been the shouts, but it’s still a work-in-progress. That said, I’ll be playing a Reaper non-stop for a while once HoT comes out. x)

PET PRECISION & DPS TESTS -OUTDATED-
Will update once Path of Fire releases.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Necro has never been a horrible class, has it had short comings?

You know, your entire post is defeated by the fact that the devs are finally addressing a huge list of problems that the necromancer has suffered from since day 1.

So obviously the anger and disappointment of the necromancer community has finally reached the ears of the devs. And thank Grenth for that. I thought I was going to have to host an event to get their attention to our problems.

Yes people, it helps to complain, if your complaints are justified.

“Madness is just another way to view reality”
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-On3Ya0_4Y)

in Necromancer

Sororita.3465

You know, your entire post is defeated by the fact that the devs are finally addressing a huge list of problems that the necromancer has suffered from since day 1.

So obviously the anger and disappointment of the necromancer community has finally reached the ears of the devs. And thank Grenth for that. I thought I was going to have to host an event to get their attention to our problems.

Yes people, it helps to complain, if your complaints are justified.

Constructive criticism is always a good thing but what i’m seeing isn’t that. It’s complaining for complaining’s sake. Right after everything was announced there was nothing but crying, no discussion, no theory crafting, pure tears. We haven’t even seen how all these changes work yet in game, we have no idea how we’ll work. Only after we can see the results and test them in the in game environment can we then start to provide CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM.

All the things i see being asked for aren’t what a necromancer is or what he/her does. We will never be a necrodian or a necrolist. The whole argument about being kicked from dungeons is crazy to me. I have never been kicked from a single dungeon run, even speed runs. The kind of people kicking you are the kind of people that will never accept you, its not the class, it’s their mentality. I saw it in WoW for years. Some classes were shunned even though they were completely viable. People will stay stuck in their ways for a time to come. I’ve caught my four year old in a dungeon a few times, even though he isn’t allowed hehe, he’s been kicked sure but most of the time no one minds.

The kind of threads being presented on these forums will never help necros, even if we need it or not. They’re not constructive, there’s no data or testing behind these claims at all. Watch, test, theory craft and provide the data, only then should you be able to come here and spout the doom and gloom. Right now, there’s no reason for it.

Theory craft, think outside the box, make builds and think of gear combinations, dont’ be so quick to judge without any supporting evidence.

in Necromancer

insaneseagull.7063

-snip-

None of those things are really viable right now, not to mention other classes being better at it. And yes mobility is important, it allows us to quickly get the hell out of dodge and support allies when they need it. We also need it to have the glimpse of a chance to kill an enemy, because smart ones will leave if they realize they’re outmatched (though with new pulls that’ll be better and keeping points is important). And dealing damage is not support. Support is doing something to help your allies, like buffing them or making them deal less damage, and we really don’t have that much weakness. Please keep in mind that I’m talking about necromancer right now. Not once HoT changes happen. HoT appears to be patching stuff, including our lack of support (40 second CD ally rez? Yes please!)

They are viable right now,weakness is always viable,boon removal is DEFINITELY viable and chill is also viable. It hinders the enemy,hinders their ability to support their allies,to deal damage to your team. No class is better at boon removal than necromancers are,no class is better dishing out chill conditions than the necro are. Not sure about the weakness compartment but I’m pretty sure we’re kitten near equal on that point across all 8 professions,it’s a very strong condition and not many skills have it.

Regarding your chasing down nearly dead opponents statement. If there’s only the two of you on on one point you can safely chase him. If you’re 4 on the point (2v2) you can probably safely chase him. If you’re 2v1 (1 being you) or 3v1 on a point you’re kittened anyways. Besides if you are the enemy team is seriously lacking at the other points.

You have lots of ways to hinder an enemy of escaping. And if you don’t anticipate his escape,nor leave any important skills to use it during his escape you’re just not thinking ahead. That’s your fault,not the class.

Support is truly in the eye of the beholder.
“The best offense is a good defense”=“The best defense is a good offense”
They’re one and the same.

in Necromancer

Truefrost.6815

I didn’t miss Anets plan to re-work Blood Magic, in a pve circumstance healing is already crappy as can be. Sure, It might be decent in pvp, but my reply was for what was said about pve. And I’m just gonna say it, unless you are awful at dodging, group healing is meh.

Unless they add some form of content that makes It viable or they re-work healing in general It will continue that way, as I’ve always said… I keep my expectations low, as I’ve come to learn for this class.

(edited by Truefrost.6815)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rattex.3467

Rattex.3467

I couldnt agree more. I have played Necro since prelaunch and its always been my main. Necro has some issues, true, but they still rock as a class.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Aenesthesia.1697

Aenesthesia.1697

Complaining about people not taking you to dungeons? Obviously you cant play necro or its the kinds of people you want to play with.

I don’t care about other people. The moment i saw what other professions can do, my jaw dropped and the forest opened, allowing me to see the tree that said: ‘necros suck in pve’.

Cast aside the delusions of support, we are not built for that, we never will be. Our support is wrecking the enemy, thrusting our daggers, our greatswords into their chests, clawing their eyes out with our axe. Weakening their effectiveness to fight with weakness, chills and blinds. That is our support.

That sounds nice, only other professions do it better and deal more damage in the process. If we are a powerhouse, we are a underwhelming one.

Again, an elementalist can chill, apply 25 stacks of vulnerability with just one cast, and then proceed to obliterate the poor boss. The fact that he can also provide might and fury like there’s no tomorrow, and turn another party member into a boss-wrecking machine (with the frost bow) in the process, just goes to illustrate how miserable necros are by comparison.

Now, you can argue you have fun playin the necro. Well, i have a challenge for you: try playing the volcaninc fractal without might, reflects and blocks of any kind. Also with no frost bow. And tell me you wouldn’t have had a more enjoyable time if you or any other party member were playing a guardian instead.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Razor.9872

Razor.9872

Without group utility we don’t have anything to offer

I wouldn’t say that. It has been pointed out again and again that Necro’s benefit the group through Debuffing the enemy into oblivion. Group utility like protection does not stack really, but a necro can provide the addition benefit of near-constant weakness. It is things like this that necros excel at. Saying you don’t have anything to offer is a bit harsh.

NSPride <3

in Necromancer

Truefrost.6815

Without group utility we don’t have anything to offer

I wouldn’t say that. It has been pointed out again and again that Necro’s benefit the group through Debuffing the enemy into oblivion. Group utility like protection does not stack really, but a necro can provide the addition benefit of near-constant weakness. It is things like this that necros excel at. Saying you don’t have anything to offer is a bit harsh.

Lol, god… I should keep a counter on how many times I repeat myself. xD Debuffing is weak, It doesn’t even compare to group support, until Anet makes some REAL changes It never will. Weakness/Chill/Blinds all don’t effect most normal bosses

You can all point it out a THOUSAND times, it doesn’t change the facts, Group buffing wins until something is changed. As for fighting normal mobs, Eles can basicly drop ONE ability and perma blind a whole group until death. And of course, thieves can sustain blind without a cooldown. Yeah, we have nothing to offer, and what little we do have… Other classes can achieve with just a little effort but with even better results.

(edited by Truefrost.6815)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Debuffing is weak, It doesn’t even compare to group support, until Anet makes some REAL changes It never will. Weakness/Chill/Blinds all don’t effect normal bosses

^ Well they effect most bosses (champions), but with a reduced duration and/or effectiveness. This is the most head scratching design decision of all.

“Blind is 10% as effective. Weakness and vulnerability last 50% less time.”

In other words, the devs don’t want us to take a defensive approach, and reduce the damage output of a boss, but they do want us to DPS the boss to death like crazy. Why? Why make Blind so useless against bosses, and then have some classes such as the necro be really good at spreading Blind? Here necros, have some cake. Only the cake is made of poop….. but it has lovely candles!

“Madness is just another way to view reality”
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-On3Ya0_4Y)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Shaogin.2679

Shaogin.2679

true that

But you……..
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/necromancer/every-class-anticipates-reaper-bags/first#post5079715

O.o

Doc Von Doom – Asuran Necromancer
Gate of Madness
Contribute to the Wiki MetaBattle Builds

in Necromancer

The Wizland.8435

-snip-

Yes, you can. Doesn’t mean it’s effective. Yes, necromancer is good at condition and boon manipulation. Doesn’t mean it’s good enough on it’s own. Other classes bring some of it, and while it’s not as much as necromancer, the classes that do bring it also bring other things. And you can’t really chase someone when you objectively have less mobility than them. Chills and cripple don’t really hold up to leaps, teleports, and condition removal. Sure you could use Dark Path or Spectral Grasp, but they can be dodged and the latter uses up a utility slot. While you can support your allies with those things, you don’t bring much else.

I say wait until HoT comes out and (hopefully) fixes our issues to be proud of our class.

Jesusmancer