chaplan_: Necro gets burning via a trait.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Zzod.5791

Zzod.5791

Quote from Chaplan during Masters of the Mist tourney today about upcoming class changes coming up in future patch

(edited by Zzod.5791)

in Necromancer

Posted by: TheMightyAltroll.3485

TheMightyAltroll.3485

I hate burning. I wish it would be nerfed.

Contact me ingame for Necro, Ranger, Mesmer, and Thief advice.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bull Zooker.1672

Bull Zooker.1672

burning is one of the main reasons I enjoy my condition warrior.

Grandad Fester / Unruly Pigeon – Necromancer by trade

in Necromancer

Posted by: TheMightyAltroll.3485

TheMightyAltroll.3485

Some classes have too much access to it, and it’s a ridiculously OP condition that still does nonsensical damage even with no condition damage. I main all classes, and ALOT of builds are made unviable simply because of that dumb condition.

Contact me ingame for Necro, Ranger, Mesmer, and Thief advice.

in Necromancer

Posted by: vlad.3467

vlad.3467

with my engi I use it a lot and its my prime condition, but it somehow doesnt fit with necro as a class.
Flames from hell ? or something like that…

in Necromancer

Posted by: Mahedros.9103

Mahedros.9103

I still think we need another condition to do dmg, bleed is k when u can stack 10+, poison is more of an utility condition.
I end up using Pain Inverter with my asura necro to 1v1 ;x, too bad it got nerfed with the confusion nerf.

SF- Mahedros – Necro [ARG]-
Januz- Ele [ARG]

in Necromancer

Posted by: Fhenrir.5297

Fhenrir.5297

1 second of burn when boons are being removed ? IE based on 1 skill? Let’s wait and see but I doubt its an incendiary powder type of burn.

in Necromancer

Posted by: SupahSpankeh.8452

SupahSpankeh.8452

Yeah, burning doesn’t fit with the theme of a necro, and tbh I’d much rather have vigor or decent auto attack axe damage. Or even a ranged power weapon. Or anything actually.

Or, just… fix some of our bugs? Could we have 3 bug fixes instead of access to 1 condition please? Please?

Mad Skullz | 80 Necro | Piken Square

in Necromancer

Posted by: Iceflame.5024

Iceflame.5024

I’d prefer terror fear damage not getting neglected by stability and I could live without burning then. Outside of bleeding our other possible damage condition is basically terror fear and it actually does a very good chunk of damage. I’m using a build where I have the terror from DS #3 and staff #5 have a duration of 1,7 seconds and they manage to tick twice dealing 1,1 k+ damage each tick which is very nice for condi bursting. Basically terror is our unique class theme damaging condition but it gets neglected by stability that is supposed to be only protecting from CC. Make it so the damage doesn’t get neglected and it would improve terror by a LOT on top of getting rid of this unique interaction between terror fear and stability.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Daecollo.9578

Daecollo.9578

Spirit Fire. Burning fits well.

Hero {} Roleplayer {} Friend {} Professional Princess Saver
https://twitter.com/TalathionEQ2

in Necromancer

Mahedros.9103

I’d prefer terror fear damage not getting neglected by stability and I could live without burning then. Outside of bleeding our other possible damage condition is basically terror fear and it actually does a very good chunk of damage. I’m using a build where I have the terror from DS #3 and staff #5 have a duration of 1,7 seconds and they manage to tick twice dealing 1,1 k+ damage each tick which is very nice for condi bursting. Basically terror is our unique class theme damaging condition but it gets neglected by stability that is supposed to be only protecting from CC. Make it so the damage doesn’t get neglected and it would improve terror by a LOT on top of getting rid of this unique interaction between terror fear and stability.

Burning does 800-1kdmg and has longer duration, ofc fear is a CC too but still u have to fully spec to be able to get 2 ticks of fear, engi just can use burning w/o having to use runes+matesries to get the dmg done.
I still think it would be kinda OP to gives us burning, imagine a Terrro build+burning.

Maybe a Trait to transform poison into a condition that does more dmg+has the poison debuff on it.

Januz- Ele [ARG]

(edited by Mahedros.9103)

in Necromancer

Posted by: TheAgedGnome.7520

TheAgedGnome.7520

If the trait replaces Greater Marks (and Greater Marks is either made default or added into Staff Mastery) I’d be happy with access to burning.

Stealth nerfs are the perfect fertilizer for mistrust.
PVE Power and Support Build

in Necromancer

Posted by: Daecollo.9578

Daecollo.9578

They should add burning effects to “Spectral” skills.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Spectral

Spectral Fire.

Hero {} Roleplayer {} Friend {} Professional Princess Saver
https://twitter.com/TalathionEQ2

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

Burning? Yes please.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Posted by: Loyo.8526

Loyo.8526

If we get burning, Im so switching back to Condi.

Khloe Deschanel – Human Necromancer/ Ami Ginju – Human Ranger [DOLO] -SBI
I stream sometimes: http://www.twitch.tv/kidtofu/
“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum”

in Necromancer

Mahedros.9103

Januz- Ele [ARG]

in Necromancer

Posted by: Softspoken.2410

Softspoken.2410

Mod jon_peters: every single trait line is seeing at least 1 change

Yes.

There are a lot of traits everywhere that have just been pretty much agreed upon as Bad. I’d bet at least half of those actually are bad, on top of that. Even if this is a product of the ‘shotgun’ approach, I’ve felt for a while now that gameplay changes have just been too slowly paced. I’m excited that they’re trying something a bit more daring.

I’m probably reading way too much into this, but still excited.

Mixing insults with your post is like pooping in a salad.
It’s pretty obvious, and nobody’s impressed.

(edited by Softspoken.2410)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Pendragon.8735

Pendragon.8735

with my engi I use it a lot and its my prime condition, but it somehow doesnt fit with necro as a class.
Flames from hell ? or something like that…

Yeah Dark Fire, they can think of any fluff thing that fits.

Burning is great, fast ramp up damage. I’m liking this.

Where is that trait gonna be I wonder though, if its far down a line then it might be too build defining to get easily

in Necromancer

Mahedros.9103

Death magic or Curses i hope.

Januz- Ele [ARG]

in Necromancer

Posted by: Chesire.9043

Chesire.9043

Burning damage on Necro is just amazing. I’ve tried many ways to include burning in my build without success simply because the damage is a lot more direct than any other condition. It just makes me think of how good the poissibilities are. Chillomancers with burning, Terrormancers with burning. Now I don’t have to stand in Ele and War AEs to get burning, I can apply it myself.

I would love it if Jagged Horror is replaced with a burning proc. That means one kitten minor is gone, everyone can find a place for it since it’d only be a five point minor AND all of our other traits are open for much needed changes.

I’ve been fighting the idea that this patch could show promise, but I think I’m getting a LITTLE excited with what I’m reading here. However I’m still expecting these trees to see changes that do little to nothing to help us out. I just can’t shake the feeling that the changes we’ll get will be stupid ones that no one will even use because they’re still worthless or require to much sacrifice to acquire.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Jijimuge.4675

Jijimuge.4675

Yeah Dark Fire, they can think of any fluff thing that fits.

Burning is great, fast ramp up damage. I’m liking this.

Where is that trait gonna be I wonder though, if its far down a line then it might be too build defining to get easily

Just a hunch, but there’s been some talk about DS#5, so I imagine this may inflict burning somehow – would be one way to make DS more valuable for condi setups too perhaps? With the talk about life force being easier to get, could DS#4 be easier to gain life force from, and DS#5 require that life force is spent, but be quite powerful?

in Necromancer

Pendragon.8735

DS 5 is supposed to be a ‘new’ condition though, doubt it would also do burning, prob be OP then.

in Necromancer

Chesire.9043

DS 5 is supposed to be a ‘new’ condition though, doubt it would also do burning, prob be OP then.

Totally new or new to necro’s? That’s my concern.

in Necromancer

Bhawb.7408

DS 5 isn’t likely to inflict burning, unless it inflicts both this new condition and burning. I’m betting it will be via some trait, probably replacing one of our worse ones in the Curses tree.

It is totally new condition, one that has not been in the game before. It may not remain unique to necros, but we will have the first access to it.

My PvP Minion Build

(edited by Bhawb.7408)

in Necromancer

Mahedros.9103

Totaly new but they said that other classes would have it too.

Januz- Ele [ARG]

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lopez.7369

Lopez.7369

I have a bad feeling it won’t be in Curses or Soul Reaping, which would make it unreachable, but I’m cautiously optimistic.

in Necromancer

Chesire.9043

Totally new sounds interesting. Wonder if we’ll also have the most or still get shafted with it?

I have a bad feeling it won’t be in Curses or Soul Reaping, which would make it unreachable, but I’m cautiously optimistic.

I dunno. I still use Soul reaping. Love me some DS stomps.

in Necromancer

Posted by: digiowl.9620

digiowl.9620

Hmm, don’t the reaper transform have a kind of green/black burning animation?

in Necromancer

Bhawb.7408

The only reason it wouldn’t go into those trees is if the trait had to do with something that belonged to another tree, and even then it would make the most sense to put it into the Condition tree.

My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Lopez.7369

I have a feeling they’ll attach it to a pet or something along those lines because they said the overall intent is to get less played builds to a viable state. I’m just not very optimistic about it. I hope I’m proven wrong.

in Necromancer

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

I have a feeling they’ll attach it to a pet or something along those lines because they said the overall intent is to get less played builds to a viable state. I’m just not very optimistic about it. I hope I’m proven wrong.

Spectral skills/builds are less used than minions afaik.

in Necromancer

Bhawb.7408

I’d be happy to take it on my minion builds, I just don’t think it would be the best way to give us burning.

And yeah, minions are actually really common everywhere just under the highest tiers.

My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Chesire.9043

I actually think it would fight nicely onto Spectral Wall due to it’s animation. But I’m hoping for a good slot in the condition tree. Also hoping SW has it’s blast finisher radius increased/more reliable. I love getting me some Chaos Armor procs.

in Necromancer

Iceflame.5024

I actually think it would fight nicely onto Spectral Wall due to it’s animation. But I’m hoping for a good slot in the condition tree. Also hoping SW has it’s blast finisher radius increased/more reliable. I love getting me some Chaos Armor procs.

Well it is reliable in the middle of the wall, the more important part would be to fix the issue where the combo field expires early when you take spectral attunement.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Shalla.3967

Shalla.3967

This is quite exciting actually, I reckon this will be a good month :].

Shalla
Asura Quagganmancer

in Necromancer

Posted by: Andele.1306

Andele.1306

3 seconds of burning each time you fear?

When life gives you lemon, ask if its from a anime or manga.

in Necromancer

Lopez.7369

3 seconds of burning each time you fear?

Fear already has enough importance attached to it.

in Necromancer

Bhawb.7408

Fear is a strong enough build on its own via Terror that I don’t think we need to pidgeonhole our condi builds into needing fear. I’d like to see burning become kind of the alternative; condition builds could go terror or burning, with different strengths to each.

My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Posted by: Login.5102

Login.5102

Apply burning when you applie weakness.

Yup!,

in Necromancer

Posted by: Draehl.2681

Draehl.2681

Meh- Burning just doesn’t fit the Necro kit IMO. Just like how Vigor doesn’t. Buff poison somehow IMO…

in Necromancer

Posted by: vicious.5683

vicious.5683

it won’t be on the curses tree.
burn it’s more like a spite tree trait. Bleeding + burning + terror influenced by condition damage would be OP and too much burst.
In spite, burning would be influenced by condition duration, making it more attrition and less burst. Burning and Frozen will be AWESOME!

in Necromancer

Bhawb.7408

Not necessarily, about Bleeding+burning+terror. Terror already takes up a slot in people’s bar, with the upcoming buffs to weakness, those traits are indirectly being buffed as well. So if you put burning into the tree in addition to all that, you are keeping people from being able to have everything at once, since you can only ever have 3 traits from that tree, max.

My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Iceflame.5024

Meh- Burning just doesn’t fit the Necro kit IMO. Just like how Vigor doesn’t. Buff poison somehow IMO…

Heh, I also feel like it’s better to improve what we already have rather then giving us something new. There’s still a whole universe of space for improvements. If stuff is added now and the things we have start getting fixed and tweaked later it would create more balance difficulties with the new added things. More on demand and reliable poison application would go a long way.

it won’t be on the curses tree.
burn it’s more like a spite tree trait. Bleeding + burning + terror influenced by condition damage would be OP and too much burst.
In spite, burning would be influenced by condition duration, making it more attrition and less burst. Burning and Frozen will be AWESOME!

Yeah, terror+bleeding+burning would definitely be OP as condi burst.

I would also like to point out that if it’s going to be introduced with a trait(I suppose it’s going to be one trait), then judging from the traits that we already have then how reliable and on demand is this burning going to be? It might end up being a 25% chance to burn the enemy for 3 seconds on a critical hit in the end which is quite meh.

in Necromancer

Lopez.7369

A chance to burn an enemy for 3 seconds on a crit would be ideal, although 25 percent chance would obviously be too low.

(edited by Lopez.7369)

in Necromancer

Pendragon.8735

It’s not going to replace Terror, which means we will be able to have that and Burning. No big deal, the burst on Terror even with 100% duration is not even close to approaching what Thieves, Warriors and Mesmers can put out.

A couple seconds of burning is not going to make us death dealers. I have pretty high condi and I think burning only does high 600 something damage per tick.

in Necromancer

Iceflame.5024

It’s not going to replace Terror, which means we will be able to have that and Burning. No big deal, the burst on Terror even with 100% duration is not even close to approaching what Thieves, Warriors and Mesmers can put out.

A couple seconds of burning is not going to make us death dealers. I have pretty high condi and I think burning only does high 600 something damage per tick.

You are significantly underestimating terror with enough duration to do 2 ticks on top of having 9 bleed stacks. That deals 4 k damage in 2 seconds, add another thousand on top of that with burning. This is not mentioning some of the direct damage from your abilities during that time.

in Necromancer

Bhawb.7408

You get 3 major traits in Curses, max. Lets assume that since you are a condi build you are getting 3. To have both Terror and whatever Burning might be, you at most have 1 other slot. That means you have to give up condition duration traits, weakness traits, or Master of Corruption. So yes, you do a bit more damage/pressure, but you are now even weaker to damage, or have less common Corruption skills. That is a meaningful trade off.

And if you put it in spite, unless its at the 20 or 30 mark, that isn’t inaccessible. You’d just drop 10 from curses and put it into spite. That actually makes it possible to have 30 in curses and have your burning.

My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Pendragon.8735

You are significantly underestimating terror with enough duration to do 2 ticks on top of having 9 bleed stacks. That deals 4 k damage in 2 seconds, add another thousand on top of that with burning. This is not mentioning some of the direct damage from your abilities during that time.

Fear can be both cleansed and removed with stun break, so often doesn’t even run its course.

Anyhow unless they are actually removing terror as a trait, which would be crazy, there’s no reason to think they expect us to choose.

Class needs more robust condition damage not to be worried about things overlapping.

Our problems are not build diversity. We don’t need another build option that is simply a choice no better than we already have. We already have some of the best build diversity in the game. Our problem is our top builds are not as desirable for roles as other class builds (say Engi condi over Necro condi). So they need to be made stronger, rather than some kind of give and take away tradeoff.

(edited by Pendragon.8735)

in Necromancer

Pendragon.8735

Now that burning is no longer off limits to us, they really need to add it to Signet of Spite, which is way too gimpy for its long cooldown.

in Necromancer

Chesire.9043

Well it is reliable in the middle of the wall, the more important part would be to fix the issue where the combo field expires early when you take spectral attunement.

I don’t know. I always try and place it in the middle while standing on the wall and it’s about a 50% chance to actually get anything besides portection from it. It may be due to the duration bug smetimes but not that often. Sometimes I’ll even start the fight with the combo so there’s a chance to get it off again after the other player heals or cleanses or in the middle of team fights. Even doing this it seems very unreliable for whatever reason.

As for burning, I am somewhat excited about getting it. I, however, have to agree with others in some regard. I would love to have a poison that ticks closer to burning damage just for Necro’s via a trait. But that also means we still have bad condition variety to cover our bleed stacks. So I’m torn as well as I’ve been doing, though, without burning I would still almost rather a stronger poison.

The sad part is, which either condition, Thieves can cleans them immediately with a short cd heal that stealths them. So I’m skeptical regardless until I see the product in action.