condi necro pve

condi necro pve

in Necromancer

Posted by: fluff.8716

fluff.8716

i know this is not optimal but if i want a melee class i will play a warrior. flavor for necro should be conditions, minions and life draining. since minions are no fun and life siphoning really stinks that leaves me with condi. been playing since beta but i have a busy life and play when i can. i love the necro since gw1 and i have a lvl 80. i have never had a problem grouping in dungeons except for speed clears. i need the best build, gear , runes etc for a pve condi necro to at least be very best one possible.

condi necro pve

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sublimatio.6981

Sublimatio.6981

overall:
sinister stats in everything except weapons that should be Giver’s
bursting and battle sigil
scepter and offhand dagger,
aristocracy runes.

traits:
signet mastery, reaper’s might, dhuumfire
hemophilia, master of corruption, lingering curse
path of midnight

skills:

signet of vampirism
signet of spite
locust signet
blood is power
flesh golem/mistfire wolf/take root/whatever makes conditions

rotation of attacks: is kinda easy, just spam dagger 5 and scepter 2 off cooldown, use death shroud autoattack once every 10 seconds, and death shroud #2 too. and tainted shackles (#5 ). outside of that just use autoattack from scepter and 3 to generate life force
place the scepter in one weapon set, and dagger in another weapon set. swap weapons on cooldown.
spam utilities on cooldown (you should transfer self-bleeding from blood is power via dagger #4) the healing signet should be spammed too if you’re not in danger

consumables
use food like veggie pizza and tuning crystals.

you’re welcome

(edited by Sublimatio.6981)

condi necro pve

in Necromancer

Posted by: imaclown.1628

imaclown.1628

What exactly is this signet of corruption?

Attention Moderators I am not:
S P E E D starr #0 Necro NA or
I Am NeXeD crappy d/D ele NA

condi necro pve

in Necromancer

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

plague signet*

You wont get much use out of reapers might because it will be 1 life blast per 10 seconds but its a decent full offensive choice. You might want to take chill of death for some fights or minion damage if using flesh golem instead. For example doing a condi lupi solo the chill is pretty helpful in phase 3 so you want chill of death.

(edited by spoj.9672)

condi necro pve

in Necromancer

Sublimatio.6981

yea sorry about the signet, I was writing from memory xD

(edited by Sublimatio.6981)

condi necro pve

in Necromancer

fluff.8716

is that a build for dungeon/teams only? i thought signet of vampirism sucked. my armor is all dire with nightmare runes. sinister stats is max damage(glass cannon) right? looking for a build not for dungeons only but world stuff also. all my weapons are rabid

condi necro pve

in Necromancer

spoj.9672

Its a solo/group pve build. Its how you maximise condi damage. You use the signets for might. Signet of vampirism gives 6 stacks of might in that build. Obviously if you need a different heal then use one. But when going for damage its important.

I originally designed the build for soloing lupi and full dungeons. But its also suited for casual dungeon groups and open world. Rabid is fine until you have sinister. Although for weapons givers might be better.

condi necro pve

in Necromancer

Sublimatio.6981

This is a build for both team and solo dungeon/open world. Though if you think about team dungeon, this build is superior to berserker only in very bad pug that does not stack might.
Signet of vampirism with trait and rune gives you 6 might on use
Yes, the gear provides 0 toughness that you don’t need. In open world and dungeons you don’t survive facetanking even with toughness. You survive by dodging properly and disabling enemies. That’s why you can focus on max damage.
You’ve said you want THE BEST build, so here you have it. If you want to be optimal, you will have to change your gear.

But don’t throw it away! It looks like the gear you have now will do nicely in WvW roaming.

condi necro pve

in Necromancer

Posted by: Papish.5806

Papish.5806

I would have to do some testing myself but wouldn’t terror be a good alternative instead of master of corruption? With veggie pizza and tuning crystals you are sitting at 80% Condi duration so the fear dmg is quite nice, and unless it’s a specific boss that is plain immune tto CC then the fear will still be applied and do damage through defiance even though they won’t run. Just curious myself if the lower CD on BiP is that good.

condi necro pve

in Necromancer

spoj.9672

Terror is not better than the extra might up time from BiP in a PvE setting. If i was going to try terror i would swap lingering curse for it. Im not sure terror works on new bosses with indomitable. Its supposed to proc on bosses that have defiant even if it doesnt CC. But it doesnt proc on lupi who is immune for example.

(edited by spoj.9672)

condi necro pve

in Necromancer

Posted by: Papish.5806

Papish.5806

Figured as much. Good to know though so thanks for replying

condi necro pve

in Necromancer

Posted by: Anchoku.8142

Anchoku.8142

If I build for condition damage in PvE rather than power, I run minions along with scepter because scepter is slow to build dps and putrid explosion benefits from condition damage. Not much else besides scepter does; not wells, not dagger, not axe, not minions, not spectral, not signets, not a lot of things.

Conditions that do benefit are
Bleed
burning
poison
fear
torment

Of those, Necro has most dps from bleed.
I use minions to jump-start dps while scepter spools up. Taking putrid explosion is optional, though. TotM or Vamp Minions are legit for casual PvE, too.

condi necro pve

in Necromancer

Sublimatio.6981

If I build for condition damage in PvE rather than power, I run minions along with scepter because scepter is slow to build dps and putrid explosion benefits from condition damage. Not much else besides scepter does; not wells, not dagger, not axe, not minions, not spectral, not signets, not a lot of things.

Conditions that do benefit are
Bleed
burning
poison
fear
torment

Of those, Necro has most dps from bleed.
I use minions to jump-start dps while scepter spools up. Taking putrid explosion is optional, though. TotM or Vamp Minions are legit for casual PvE, too.

What. Minions for condition dmg necro (berserker necro too) are subpar and dps loss (except golem and the healing one ofc). I find them useful only for hard bosses solo, when you have to get more hp via minions lifestealing. You deal less dps if trying to do “zerker” damage at the beginning, when conditions are building up. You deal more damage if you buff your condition damage to maximum and let it grow. It doesn’t matter that in the first 10 secs you deal low cond dmg – it’s the nature of conditions after all

condi necro pve

in Necromancer

fluff.8716

overall:
sinister stats
bursting and battle sigil
scepter and offhand dagger,
aristocracy runes.
traits:
signet mastery, reaper’s might, dhuumfire
hemophilia, master of corruption, lingering curse
path of midnight
skills:
signet of vampirism
signet of power
plague signet
blood is power
flesh golem/mistfire wolf/take root/whatever makes conditions
rotation of attacks: is kinda easy, just spam dagger 5 and scepter 2 off cooldown, use death shroud autoattack once every 10 seconds, and death shroud #2 too. and tainted shackles (#5 ). outside of that just use autoattack from scepter and 3 to generate life force
place the scepter in one weapon set, and dagger in another weapon set. swap weapons on cooldown.
spam utilities on cooldown (you can transfer self-bleeding from blood is power via signet of corruption or dagger #4) the healing signet should be spammed too if you’re not in danger
consumables
use food like veggie pizza and tuning crystals.
you’re welcome

condi necro pve

in Necromancer

fluff.8716

what are bursting and battle sigils? i should get sinister everything with aristocracy runes i get. also trinkets?

condi necro pve

in Necromancer

fluff.8716

also what is signet of power?

condi necro pve

in Necromancer

spoj.9672

Signet of spite.

For sigil of bursting/battle or other querys go to the wiki.
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Main_Page

condi necro pve

in Necromancer

Sublimatio.6981

lol i feel so embarassed, i cant remember signet names DDDD:

condi necro pve

in Necromancer

Posted by: Azure.8670

Azure.8670

im trying this build now and im loving it, but I think epidemic is better than having plague signet

condi necro pve

in Necromancer

spoj.9672

Yeah but when fighting a boss you wont need it and you will want the extra might from plague signet. The build was originally designed for boss solos after all.

condi necro pve

in Necromancer

Posted by: Azrael.4960

Azrael.4960

Just for fun, I threw in a zerker secondary weapon set, dagger(air sigil)/focus (fire sigil), on my sinister/aristo necro in addition to the sceptre/dagger main. Really makes it quite a hybrid. Switches between ~1850 power / ~1650 condition damage with D/F and 1650+ power / 1800+ condition damage with S/D. I haven’t gotten round to completing the sinister weapon sets, so I’m sticking with Rabid sets for now.

Also, you could probably go also go with Rabid or Carrion trinkets as those at least come in ascended whereas Sinister still doesn’t have ascended versions

condi necro pve

in Necromancer

fluff.8716

does the new might nerf damage this build too much?

condi necro pve

in Necromancer

Posted by: Spoj The Second.7680

Spoj The Second.7680

Well yeah it hurts the build. But its still the best solo condi build.

condi necro pve

in Necromancer

Posted by: Cerbeius.7129

Cerbeius.7129

Also, you could probably go also go with Rabid or Carrion trinkets as those at least come in ascended whereas Sinister still doesn’t have ascended versions

There are Sinister Ascended Trinkets, Rings & Amulets → LS achievements and SW vendor

Lady Cerba, Ascalonian Priestess of Grenth

- Piken Square, [REN][DKAL]

condi necro pve

in Necromancer

Cerbeius.7129

Little question. I’ve loved playing Condimancer since release and now I finally got my full Sinister armour set with Aristocracy runes and I got the Sinister trinkets/rings/amulets as well (thank you LS).

Now I wonder what I should do with my weapons? They are still Rabid atm, but being almost full Sinister now… should I stay with Rabid weapons or is it better to aim at something else?

condi necro pve

in Necromancer

fluff.8716

brazil has a video for a build similar to this so since i trust you spoj why is yours better? mainly sigil differences and last trait line

condi necro pve

in Necromancer

spoj.9672

Sigil difference is because you need energy sigils for solos like lupi. Obviously if not doing solos (dont recommend condi for groups though) you can use strength + battle. However battle was nerfed. So its not as far ahead of strength anymore. I would still recommend battle + energy for solos if you can swap on cooldown. If not then strength will give more might. And obviously use strength + battle if you dont need energy.

The dagger mastery is actually a nice idea. Im unsure if its superior to tainted shackles cooldown which benefits a lot from your power when going sinister. You also get dark path cooldown which gives 3 bleeds. So its really tough to say which is better. Go with whatever you feel is best. They are probably quite close. Just tested. You maintain more bleeds by going path of midnight simply because of dark path. And then you also have tainted shackles off cooldown faster.

You should definitely use chill of death instead of training of the master. But you could also use reapers might for the single lifeblasts which apply burn. I would not recommend using close to death in most situations. Scepter dagger has very poor direct damage. Close to death really doesnt do much for you. However the burn from dhuumfire is pretty strong if you use it every 10 seconds. If managing dhuumfire is too difficult then yeah you should go close to death. Or if you need sustain go parasitic contagion.

Also you should now go locust signet instead of plague signet as locust has a lower cooldown.

@Cerbeius
Get givers weapons. The condition duration is really helpful. You can only get them as exotics. So if you absolutely want ascended then go for sinister weapons instead.

(edited by spoj.9672)

condi necro pve

in Necromancer

Cerbeius.7129

Thanks for the response, spoj!

condi necro pve

in Necromancer

Posted by: otetas.9675

otetas.9675

I use this build more for solo play, but you can still use it in groups unorganized.
http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?fREQNArYWn0ISnN2dDW3A7NmoXomqIgOAKzjN6HYCyAA-TBSFABuo+DAPAgePCAbs/wH6DcS5XCnCgsUCCA-e
The bases are there in the Curses trait for what you are looking for, but you can always switch everything to how you play. For example you could switch rabid to sinister stats and rely more on your team to give you might instead of the signets use.
Most ppl here will say my build sucks but the build is build around in how i like to play a conditionmancer.

condi necro pve

in Necromancer

Posted by: Zaganna.6034

Zaganna.6034

Sigil of Earth and Corruption are not anymore a valid options?

condi necro pve

in Necromancer

spoj.9672

Stacking sigils are never worth it since the change where you lose the stacks when unequiping. Sigil of Earth was never that strong.

condi necro pve

in Necromancer

Posted by: Zaganna.6034

Zaganna.6034

I understand , thank you.

condi necro pve

in Necromancer

Cerbeius.7129

Stacking sigils are never worth it since the change where you lose the stacks when unequiping. Sigil of Earth was never that strong.

So what Sigils do you recommend then?

Bursting, Battle, Agony, .. ?

condi necro pve

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

You should be hitting the +100% condition duration cap for bleeds if you’re doing it right anyway. 30% from Spite, 40% from food, 20% from Giver’s Weapons, and 10% from Toxic Focusing Crystal. I’d recommend Bursting and Battle Sigils, although that’s also assuming you’re soloing and need as much Might as possible. In group settings where you’re the only condi build, I’d flip the Battle sigil with a Geomancy sigil.

For the record, I disagree with Spoj in the case of open-world and some dungeon paths. Places like TA FF where you fight all those wolves after the skip will immediately charge a stacking sigil and you can then use it for the remainder of the dungeon. Definitely carry a Corruption Stacking staff specifically for those cases. Condition Necro won’t be swapping weapons in/out anyway.

Edit: See here for build.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

(edited by Rising Dusk.2408)

condi necro pve

in Necromancer

spoj.9672

Well actually if you are going to use a corruption sigil then you should place it on a second scepter or dagger. And you should have battle on a weapon that is shared on both weapon sets. Then strength on the other. So battle scepter and strength dagger on the first set and then a corruption dagger on the second weapon set. If you need energy sigils then you place battle scepter on first set and energy dagger on second set and swap on cooldown. For the fights that require energy sigils it really does limit your sigil choice.

And in the case of TA FF if you are going solo you will almost definitely get downed at some point in the fight with leurent or his guards. In a group it hardly matters and you should be stacking bloodlust for the tree if you care that much. Besides that stacking spot is very close to the end of the dungeon. I just dont believe its worth the expense of making another weapon anymore.

(edited by spoj.9672)

condi necro pve

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

And in the case of TA FF if you are going solo you will almost definitely get downed at some point in the fight with leurent or his guards. In a group it hardly matters and you should be stacking bloodlust for the tree if you care that much. Besides that stacking spot is very close to the end of the dungeon. I just dont believe its worth the expense of making another weapon anymore.

Meh, considering a corruption Giver’s weapon is like 3g, it’s not that bad. If you’re going to blow cash on condition PvE Necromancer gear anyway, you’re probably not hurting for gold.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

condi necro pve

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lily.1935

Lily.1935

I got sad about the condi necromancer after the confusion buff. It just really showed me how weak the DPS of a condi necromancer really is. I made a dire/rabid mesmer and it can burn down foes far quicker then my sinister necromancer.

(edited by Lily.1935)

condi necro pve

in Necromancer

Posted by: Anchoku.8142

Anchoku.8142

Moved
/15characters

(edited by Anchoku.8142)

condi necro pve

in Necromancer

Cerbeius.7129

Sorry for the bump, but I was lookin’ around lately through hybrid builds (starting from my main focus on condi) and I found this ‘old’ topic:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/necromancer/Sinister-hybrid-well-necro-build-V1/first#post4612633

@Rising Dusk: do you still think the build you made back then is still viable or would you adjust some things now?

condi necro pve

in Necromancer

fluff.8716

i know big bump here but does new system screw this build?

condi necro pve

in Necromancer

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

Rabid/dire necro works well in PvE. Of course i haven’t never played build that doesn’t work in PvE.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

condi necro pve

in Necromancer

Sublimatio.6981

i know big bump here but does new system screw this build?

no. you can still use it. spite, curses and blood magic.