dream weapon?

dream weapon?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lightsbane.9012

Lightsbane.9012

what weapon would you see added via the next elite specialization?

As quick as the Valkyries ride,
As true as Odin’s spear flies,
There is nowhere to hide.

dream weapon?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lahmia.2193

Lahmia.2193

Though it would be a pretty redundant weapon now, I’d choose Scythe. And when I say scythe, I don’t mean the oversized shadow/feather one we get in Reaper’s Shroud. I mean full on Dervish scythe.

Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death.

dream weapon?

in Necromancer

Posted by: rabidsmiles.5926

rabidsmiles.5926

Shortbow…mostly because I want to use my legendary on more than just two professions. Also the idea of a necro shooting unicorns is highly amusing to me.

Sword might be cool too but we have a bunch of melee weapons already.

dream weapon?

in Necromancer

Lightsbane.9012

Though it would be a pretty redundant weapon now, I’d choose Scythe. And when I say scythe, I don’t mean the oversized shadow/feather one we get in Reaper’s Shroud. I mean full on Dervish scythe.

i wouldn’t mind this at all, but what kind of shroud would you introduce with it?

dream weapon?

in Necromancer

Posted by: TehCorbzor.9852

TehCorbzor.9852

i wouldn’t mind this at all, but what kind of shroud would you introduce with it?

An AoE Buffing shroud. Maybe something like what guardian tomes used to be, a bit more tome of courage than tome of wrath.

dream weapon?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Erasmus.1624

Erasmus.1624

Land spear
[15 memes]

dream weapon?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Diovid.9506

Diovid.9506

Torch or off-hand Axe.

dream weapon?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Dadnir.5038

Dadnir.5038

I think a lot of us want torch, it’s probably the weapon that fit us the most at the moment.

Off-hand axe could, maybe, give some hope to the existing axe trait which wouldn’t be a bad thing in itself.

main hand focus (same reason than off hand axe but with focus trait, also, it would be bad kitten and fit the necromancer) (Edit : Oh god, I just imagined someone using 2 minstrel and I got depressed…)

Hammer, take staff skills and give it a melee AA that cleave. that would be almost perfect

No core profession should be balanced around an optional elite specialization.

dream weapon?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Anchoku.8142

Anchoku.8142

A land spear was my dream weapon for years. It would fill the role of a melee condition weapon applying primarily bleeds to help maintain some of scepter’s stacks after weapon swap.

Great sword kind of took some of the need for a second condi-weapon away until it got its condition damage nerfed.

The other weapon I wanted was a single-target ranged weapon that could do things that staff is not good at – essentially, a dps weapon. Perhaps a pistol or a bow would do fine.

However, range for axe was increased and now I can almost use it as the ranged power weapon I was looking for. Unfortunately, axe still has that useless vulnerability that does not scale at all in events with more than a couple of players. Unholy Feast also loses value as range to target increases.

If axe’s Rending Claws and Ghastly Claws ablated break-bars, too, as a way to get around its vulnerability cap limitation and Unholy Feast was a 900 radius, 6 second retaliation shout, I think I could live with giving up either its corruption or its cripple.

dream weapon?

in Necromancer

Posted by: mazut.4296

mazut.4296

Spear (not underwater). Fast skills with movement and evasion.

dream weapon?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Dirame.8521

Dirame.8521

Shield.

We ask for active defense a lot and if we get shield, there’s a good chance we might get that active defense.

I make guides to builds you may not have heard of;
http://www.youtube.com/user/ceimash
http://www.twitch.tv/ceimash

dream weapon?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Avistan.3724

Avistan.3724

^ Oh yeah, scythe would be awesome, fits necromancer so much.

dream weapon?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Prince Vingador.8067

Prince Vingador.8067

I think from the weapons left ,the one that looks better on necro is the torch.
I think we need some form to prevent damage, some invul, or stealth, maybe super speed or fast teleport.
Cause atm if u see a necro u know hes just gonna take everything u trow at him, necro needs a weapon with some " get out of jail free card skill "

dream weapon?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Shadelang.3012

Shadelang.3012

Honestly the greatsword is as close to a dream weapon for my necro as it gets. I just REALLY wish the pull stripped boons and the GS# 3 did more damage the more hits connected. (Steadily increases in damage to culminate in a heavy hit).

Other than that if Nightfall had longer duration and farther reach (like add one more expansion and pulse) I would be completely happy with its performance.

Ghost Yak

dream weapon?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

Next weapon, whatever it is, should be an viable alternative to Staff (or if one-handed be able to achieve that in combination with existing off-hands), maybe leaning a bit more towards Power damage. Long range, reliable Life Force generation, condition transfer/CC, that kind of stuff. Probably with a support theme.

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

dream weapon?

in Necromancer

Lightsbane.9012

Shield.

We ask for active defense a lot and if we get shield, there’s a good chance we might get that active defense.

i’m going to disagree, every time arenanet gives the class some sort of defense, it’s at the cost of something else not denied to another class.
i’d like to see the necromancer version of scrapper, minus the hammer and techy bits. what i mean is something that excels in 1v1 scenarios, and can do well in group encounters. that means blocks (shield, which i’m too cynical to believe we will get) or speed/leaps/burst (via sword)

dream weapon?

in Necromancer

Prince Vingador.8067

Shield.

Shield really?
Thats as bad as a necro shooting unicorns.
Im almost sure we will get or torch(almost sure of this one ) or a sword.
I also think that will be a condi weapon since we have just 1 atm .

dream weapon?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Mea.5491

Mea.5491

Off-hand Axe (ranged power weapon with pulsing AoEs, might and fury) + a main-hand Axe rework (#1 and #2 would hit 2 more enemies near the initial target, gain more life force, greatly increase the damage on #3).

dream weapon?

in Necromancer

Posted by: bLind.6278

bLind.6278

Mace fits the theme better than anything else, actually. Tons of maces in typical death knight type lore, or shadow priests, etc. Many of them used some form of mace, too.

As it is, necro only has one condi-specific mainhand, so mace would be a nice alternative to scepter, potentially.

One foot out the door, yet again.

dream weapon?

in Necromancer

Posted by: DKShang.8792

DKShang.8792

Next weapon, whatever it is, should be an viable alternative to Staff (or if one-handed be able to achieve that in combination with existing off-hands), maybe leaning a bit more towards Power damage. Long range, reliable Life Force generation, condition transfer/CC, that kind of stuff. Probably with a support theme.

Hammer
Partly selfish because it is my most favored legendary and I cannot use it on my necro. However, to your point, the hammer has precedence in range (Revenant), power (Warrior), and support (Guardian).

dream weapon?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kodama.6453

Kodama.6453

Shield.

Shield really?

Shield could actually be quite nice. Give it a grave stone skin and some skills which seem to use dead buried bodies to defend yourself. For example, creating a wall made out of bones to prevent the enemy to reach you. Or just summoning ghosts which circle around you decreasing the damage you take while doing aoe damage. Could be a great concept.

My guesses for a next weapon: Longbow or shield.

dream weapon?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Brokensunday.4098

Brokensunday.4098

sword would be nice

dream weapon?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rashagar.8349

Rashagar.8349

I like the idea of shield to boost the support role. Main hand focus (to dual wield books) would also be a good contender for my dream weapon in a support role (taking a page from guardian tomes hehe)

Thinking about it, main hand pistol could be really interesting. Could de-emphasise the death knight aspect a bit and expand on the noir detective theme they originally introduced with Marjory, could make for a more shadowy assassin-esque feel with death shroud skills giving a focus on maneuverability over tankiness.

(edited by Rashagar.8349)

dream weapon?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Loading.4503

Loading.4503

I want a rifle…. That shoots out minions into my targets face

dream weapon?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Morte.5916

Morte.5916

None. They can’t balance the weapons they’ve got. Ot would be better for the game if they removed some weapons/traits/skills and focussed on getting a smaller set right.

dream weapon?

in Necromancer

Dirame.8521

Shield.

Shield really?

i’m going to disagree, every time arenanet gives the class some sort of defense, it’s at the cost of something else not denied to another class.
i’d like to see the necromancer version of scrapper, minus the hammer and techy bits. what i mean is something that excels in 1v1 scenarios, and can do well in group encounters. that means blocks (shield, which i’m too cynical to believe we will get) or speed/leaps/burst (via sword)

Maybe if you saw what abilities I’d suggest for the shield?

Insidious Defense – The next 3 attacks against you, heal you instead.

Tainted Shield – Block attacks for the next 3 seconds. Attacks blocked cause an explosion of poison and weakness every second if you are attacked.

Or

Defile Defences – The next attack against you is reflected back at the attacker.

Dark Pact – Block attacks against you for 3s. Your enemies are healed for all damage dealt to you while you were blocking. When the blocking ends, they take double the amount of damage they were healed for. Undogdeable/Unblockable.

Or

Malaise – Block attacks for 3s. For every attack you block, the attacker loses 10% of their endurance and you gain 5% deathshroud and 5% health. – For when they introduce more ways to directly play with people’s endurance.

Blood Pact – Convert 3 conditions into life force. If you are bleeding, convert 6.

(edited by Dirame.8521)

dream weapon?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sylent.3165

Sylent.3165

Touch off hand to go with dagger.

A shroud where we have a 2h greatsword held with just one hand that attacks quickly and applies conditions

dream weapon?

in Necromancer

Brokensunday.4098

Shield.

Shield really?

Maybe if you saw what abilities I’d suggest for the shield?

Insidious Defense – The next 3 attacks against you, heal you instead.

Tainted Shield – Block attacks for the next 3 seconds. Attacks blocked cause an explosion of poison and weakness every second if you are attacked.

Or

Defile Defences – The next attack against you is reflected back at the attacker.

Dark Pact – Block attacks against you for 3s. Your enemies are healed for all damage dealt to you while you were blocking. When the blocking ends, they take double the amount of damage they were healed for. Undogdeable/Unblockable.

Or

Malaise – Block attacks for 3s. For every attack you block, the attacker loses 10% of their endurance and you gain 5% deathshroud and 5% health. – For when they introduce more ways to directly play with people’s endurance.

Blood Pact – Convert 3 conditions into life force. If you are bleeding, convert 6.

steal life for every attack block lets say max 3-5 attacks you steal the amount of damage that would have been taken

dream weapon?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Anchoku.8142

Anchoku.8142

They could easily take focus or horn for main hand, too. The weapon does not have to be new to Necromancer.

dream weapon?

in Necromancer

Posted by: revodeel.2651

revodeel.2651

Melee hammer or off-hand axe.

Do not allow the perfect to be the enemy of the good.

dream weapon?

in Necromancer

Lightsbane.9012

They could easily take focus or horn for main hand, too. The weapon does not have to be new to Necromancer.

grenth knows we don’t need any more offhands, though anet seems to love them. i expect axe will be the next weapon.

dream weapon?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Teraphas.6210

Teraphas.6210

Whip. Extra long melee weapon. MH. Some form of position manipulation on 3. Pull you to target?

Spec name Executioner or Hangman

Hangman’s Shroud Mid range bouncy auto attack. Maybe an ability that swaps your position with the enemy?

You can’t spell Slaughter without Laughter

dream weapon?

in Necromancer

Dadnir.5038

Just because nobody said it :

A shovel.
Skill 1 : Whack/smack/slash
Skill 2 : Throw dirt on the face of the enemy
Skill 3/4/5 : produce minions.

dream weapon?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Loading.4503

Loading.4503

What if we get a shortbow and if we use the dreamer we shoot out minion unicorns instead of rainbow ones

dream weapon?

in Necromancer

Lightsbane.9012

A shovel.

hey, that way if you put a skilled named gravedigger on it it’ll make kitten sense.

dream weapon?

in Necromancer

Dadnir.5038

A shovel.

hey, that way if you put a skilled named gravedigger on it it’ll make kitten sense.

My gosh! you’re right! I didn’t even though about that!

dream weapon?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Claridiana.5230

Claridiana.5230

This would be an interesting elite specialization and weapon.

Attachments:

Lillizypp – Asura Mesmer
[Soul] – Ring of Fire

dream weapon?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lilly Satou.1482

Lilly Satou.1482

I’ve always wanted a death themed rifle on necro. It would be the long range damage that we have been asking for while also giving the forgotten rifle some love.

dream weapon?

in Necromancer

Erasmus.1624

Longbow. Ritualist spec. Nightmare weapon, Spirit(Soul) Rift and spirit utilities.

dream weapon?

in Necromancer

Brokensunday.4098

Longbow. Ritualist spec. Nightmare weapon, Spirit(Soul) Rift and spirit utilities.

this would be so epic man

dream weapon?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Phyrak.7260

Phyrak.7260

I’ve always wanted a death themed rifle on necro. It would be the long range damage that we have been asking for while also giving the forgotten rifle some love.

I wrote up a partial concept for a rifle e spec if you wanna check it out
:P

dream weapon?

in Necromancer

Dirame.8521

Not Longbow. An Urn. Necros would just carry an urn of ashes around.

Or a Ritualist Drum!

Call the Elite spec; Spirit Caller! or just Ritualist cos who cares?

dream weapon?

in Necromancer

Brokensunday.4098

Or a Ritualist Drum!

problem is shroud name lol ritualist shroud sounds bad and carry an urn meh, i peronally prefer a pistol, sword or long bow but shroud can be called spectral shroud if this ritualist spec goes

dream weapon?

in Necromancer

Erasmus.1624

Or a Ritualist Drum!

problem is shroud name lol ritualist shroud sounds bad and carry an urn meh, i peronally prefer a pistol, sword or long bow but shroud can be called spectral shroud if this ritualist spec goes

It’ll just be a spirit shroud. F2 is a pool of abilities like the Revenant F-skills and it determines what skills you’ve got in the F1. F1 manifests the spirit next to you so you can judge people with your stand.

There’s no real sense in adding new, unique weapons to the game if only one class is going to ever use them. If anything, Ritualist item spells could just become Engineer kits for the Necromancer, but that would probably just lead to more bomb and grenade kits with 5 of the same skill. Boring.

dream weapon?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Teraphas.6210

Teraphas.6210

Well for the urn you don’t have to add a new weapon. Just let focus be main hand and add some urn skins

You can’t spell Slaughter without Laughter

dream weapon?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Shaogin.2679

Shaogin.2679

I’d loke to see either Hammer or Torch next.

Doc Von Doom – Asuran Necromancer
Gate of Madness
Contribute to the Wiki MetaBattle Builds

dream weapon?

in Necromancer

Posted by: ZeftheWicked.3076

ZeftheWicked.3076

Longbow for me. Power/minion weapon. I’d also love for necro to get traps. Only ours wouldn’t be triggered by someone stepping in them, but by somoene falling/dying in their area. Effects would wary based on wheather it was an ally or enemy.

dream weapon?

in Necromancer

Lightsbane.9012

as long as either are a 1200 ranged power weapon, sounds good.

dream weapon?

in Necromancer

Prince Vingador.8067

as long as either are a 1200 ranged power weapon, sounds good.

? Dont we have enough power weapons ?
Axe = power
Dagger= power
Gs= power
Septer= condi
Staff= suport

So i assume its going to be a condi weapon , or u want 4 power weapons vs 1 condi?
I also think it will be torch off hand with a 600 range

dream weapon?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Cecilia.5179

Cecilia.5179

Spear (not underwater). Fast skills with movement and evasion.

Omg yes. Announce tengu too, and I’ll die from hype.

Necromancer Rights Advocate
Restart WvW: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/Clean-The-Slate/first#post6208959
#CleanTheSlate