new necro build

new necro build

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ryn.6459

Ryn.6459

Hi you all,

I’m finishing to level my old necro. So I’m starting to theorycraft. What do you think? Can I improve it? It’s for PVE/WvW.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fQAQNArYWjQad7pbKb07JEpCPD0D3rXAxoHHTwoMA-jgyAYNBRKAEVBkIAkCLiGbpFt+SENqux0xER1m7ioVLFAErBA-e

Thank you very much

Learning English, any correction is very welcome.

new necro build

in Necromancer

Posted by: HiSaZuL.2843

HiSaZuL.2843

Spiteful removal is worthless period. Anything involving something happening after you kill someone is garbage on necro. Unless its a sigil. Signet mastery is another pointless trait. The only time you should have a signet is locust when you move around or res signet if you REALLY need it in tpvp. Anything and everything else is cabbage. Spectral atunment for 1 skill… when you are condition using scepter…. tsk.

If you are making a condition spec for wvw.
1. Do not expect condition to last long. Durations are… well not really worth it on gear. Fear being sole exception.
2. If you are condition where is epidemic?….
3. For wvw if you go condtion its pretty much implied that you want maximum possible drops from zergs. That means maximise your aoe capabilities. Staff+epidemic+Wells.
Anyway… put proper traits that benefit condition spec and utilities to match. Anything that works with conditions.
Since you picked terror. Fear wall is mandatory. Epidemic is… well pretty much mandatory too. Now you need escape most likely so use something that refills DS and lets you escape with stun break attacked. Spectral walk is generally a good choice since it part teleport, part stun break and even gets you LF for DS soaking when in trouble. Alternatively if you are confident in not needing escape use something that either benefits your condition damage further like corrupt boon to stip stability for more fear. Or well of power to aoe convert conditions.

CONSUME CONDTIONS. PERIOR. Unless your are in pve… specced for wells do NOT take well. You leave yourself with no condition removal. You will get melted.

Elite should be plague. Golem will get killed. Lich makes you into a giant target and since you are condition it does nothing to help. Plague gives stability and blind spam so you can have as many melee as you want whacking and missing while you stumble back to your own people.

Sigils need work too. Your primary weapon will be scepter… why doesn’t it have earth but staff does? You don’t need bleed duration, you can get plenty from food and traits and even w/o those bleeds most likely will never last that long before they are removed.

Now your runes in armor. Bad.
Maximize your condtion damage not… something akward. Since you are terror necromancer runes all 6 are pretty much mandatory. The other option is undead for maximum condition damage IF and only IF you are using rabid gear with toughness. Carrion is… meh. No matter how much power you have your sceptor damage physical dmg is a joke. And staff is too slow barely ever hits anyone at range. And if you are melee doing condition damage your doing it wrong. Its good for hybrid specs mostly mix of power/condition involving wells ontop of conditions etc. Not really that good for zerg wvw. Other options is going for defensive runes like lyssa/melandru etc that reduce condition duration on you. But that only worth it if you solo/small party.
Food is good.

Condtion is worthless in pve. Despite what other will say. Solo… sure. But as soon as you step into a dungeon and everyone and their grandmother stacks bleeds just because they are part of their autoattacks even tho they do not care will push off your bleeds right off. Making your bleed damage a sad sad joke.

Thats all for now.

Aim for something like this… change to suit your tastes. This is yours fixed to a generic fire/terror condition spec with proper runes/utilities.
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fQAQNArYWjMat7dbib07JEpCPD0jdRXAxoHETwkMA-jAyAYNBRaBEVZIjpwioxWRLiGr6GTHTEVbuLiWtUAQsGA-e

(edited by HiSaZuL.2843)

new necro build

in Necromancer

HiSaZuL.2843

Haha, even if your serious you just made my day.
I will let others suggest you how to improve it but man those traits are baws :’D

Also… way to make no point what so ever and just make a post about nothing. Gj. That was really smooth.

new necro build

in Necromancer

Posted by: Cempa.5619

Cempa.5619

Wow, that is some strange feedback, everything is garbage unless its the build you recommend lol

new necro build

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

Some of this is fine feedback, others is just terrible or at best opinions. You’re telling him why he built his build, and giving purely opinion-based suggestions and treating them as law.

Spiteful removal is just fine when things are dying all around you.
Carrion has been mathematically proven to work just fine on Necros.
Signet mastery and every signet is useful now at least situationally.
Why are you telling him why he made a condi build? Maybe he just likes condis.
Necromancer runes are not mandatory for terror builds, in fact many people far prefer Nightmare (although he should run 6).
If he is against a zerg, no one is dodging staff, and you will hit people; same with PvE mobs are too dumb to dodge.
Your entire argument against running conditions, as they are useless, is that other people run conditions? Just ask your group when you get in: is anyone else running conditions? He is a 30/30/10 build, which can easily swap to doing high hybrid damage, making him fine so long as he checks and swaps.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

new necro build

in Necromancer

Posted by: chaosgrimm.5837

chaosgrimm.5837

Def needs epidemic, it is too good to miss out on for pve

new necro build

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bull Zooker.1672

Bull Zooker.1672

I use carrion armor just fine. explain how carrion is bad to the X amount of people I 1v1’d and 2vX’d today.

I actually have recently switched runes to adventurer. I figured as necro has rubbish mobility why not use runes to get and extra dodge back?

I think the most helpful/unhelpful advice I can offer is (when you nailed the basics) use what works for you. theres no point in me telling you my build if it doesn’t fit your play style.

though I will tell you what I use if you ask of course.

Grandad Fester / Unruly Pigeon – Necromancer by trade

new necro build

in Necromancer

Ryn.6459

@leeto: I’m glad I made your day. Here to amuse you.

@HiSaZul: thank you very much for your long answer. Main issue here is, probably cause I’m still leveling, I put traits thinking more in open PVE than dungeons or WvW. My fault.
-Problem with spite line is that most of traits are kind of meh for a condition build.
-In my experience I never have time to use epidemic before the trash dies. In WvW I will use it for sure. Same goes for spectral walk.
-About elite, I made a norn just for snow leopard form, so that’s my intention (still not unlocked).
-About carrion Vs Rabid. Lots of others posts compare them. I think, once you get your wanted crit chance, carrion is more useful. It gives your power (thinking in golden ratio here) and more important, it increase your DS pool. A different situation will be if your DS pool will benefit from thoughness under fire. Is that the case?
-About conditions in PVE. Good thing is, as everybody is claiming things like “conditions are meh in PVE”, no one is running them (at least in my server).

Again, I appreciate your time in answering me. Thanks.

@Bull: Always interested in seeing other people builds.

@You all: My main question is how much condition duration do I need. i.e.: With 75% condition duration will I have perma freezing? Will be enough to get a second tick of fear? Will I have burning 80% of the time?

new necro build

in Necromancer

Posted by: TheAgedGnome.7520

TheAgedGnome.7520

@You all: My main question is how much condition duration do I need. i.e.: With 75% condition duration will I have perma freezing? Will be enough to get a second tick of fear? Will I have burning 80% of the time?

With 75% cond duration, your burning will be 4 * 1.75 = 7 sec long. With 47% crit chance its pretty likely you’ll crit within 1-3 sec of Dhuumfire being off of its 10 sec CD. So that would be roughly 5 procs per minute, which would be 5 * 7 = 35 sec of burning per minute. So, that would be 35/60 = 58% of the time that burning would be applied.

I’m not sure where your freezing would be coming from, I don’t see it in your build.

Stealth nerfs are the perfect fertilizer for mistrust.
PVE Power and Support Build

new necro build

in Necromancer

Ryn.6459

@TheAgedGnome:

From staff and DS.

The above build has 100% cond duration. Question is if I need that or I can drop it to 75%. Maybe I can drop it for chill, fear, burning, weakness and vulnabirty and keep -via traits- for bleeding.

new necro build

in Necromancer

Posted by: TheAgedGnome.7520

TheAgedGnome.7520

@TheAgedGnome:

From staff and DS.

The above build has 100% cond duration. Question is if I need that or I can drop it to 75%. Maybe I can drop it for chill, fear, burning, weakness and vulnabirty and keep -via traits- for bleeding.

Ah, I was looking for other chills from traits/sigils.

Whether or not more duration is worth it to you, only you can say. Depends on your preferences and playstyle.

Stealth nerfs are the perfect fertilizer for mistrust.
PVE Power and Support Build

new necro build

in Necromancer

HiSaZuL.2843

@Ryn

Heh true not a lot of people run actual condition builds in pve(if you take total numbers) but look at it this way. No matter the build if ranger is using short bow then he will stack dots regardless. Same goes for a lot of popular weapon choices. Hence why imo id rather max out damage and get duration from food and left over traits. Even in dungeon with only 5 ppl I had situations where nobody was condition spec and we sat at permanent 25 bleeds. For any example someone can give in favor I can give another against. Here is something to think about 5 mm necros running together imagine how many vuln overstacks would be there if all 5 used axe… now with mm one of necros could always swap to something else like a dagger/staff etc but condition spec leaves ya a bit more focused on weapon.

About fear the way pulses work u could get second tick even if your duration isn’t 100% its just matter of luck/timing. If you slap it in between pulses chances are you will get second.
The other duration its like TheAgedGnome said… you gotta try and see how it works for you.

On subject of rabid/carrion. Vitality increases your pool of lf and hp. Toughness reduces dmg taken regardless of if your in ds or not. In ds dots strip it fast because okittenward way it works. Also with heavy condition lf generation is pretty scarce and DS mostly offers escapes/survivability so that’s something you have to decide for yourself(I only pop ds for fear in pvp otherwise its worthless for me… rare dark path teleport out of vines/fields etc but consume conditions does the same for me unless i lag and don’t manage to time my dodge). Another reason is kittened love for on-crit effects anet has. Too much crit chance dependencies. Both have same condition dmg one offers power+survivability other offers crit chance+survivability. Just like someone using carrion for their needs will always find a reason why its better. I can always find a reason to say rabbid is better. It’s a moot point

Scratch elite then if that’s what you want then go for it and disregard w/e else people tell you.

@Bhawb
Heh okay but if you read his first post there isn’t any info to go with just a spec and pve/wvw so I had only his spec to make a best guess.
And for anything else its just as much your opinion vs mine as anything else. Just because you think its terrible doesn’t mean it is for me, or possibly him or someone else.
For any reason someone can give why carion is better for them I can have a reason why rabbid is better for me. Its your opinion and any topic about specs cons/pros etc is always OPINION. Its up to you to go with it, try it and see how it works or do it your own way.
Never did I say my opinion is final. It just my opinion and I don’t really give a kitten if someone thinks its terrible. Because I think its awesome. See a paradox there.

On signet however I will disagree. They are the single most boring/lazy skills I’ve seen in all the time I played video games(kind of like dodge… which removes strategic use of defensive skills with 1 twitch button). They are glorified passive skills. Signet of spite… on 3 specs that I use… ds spambot, full condition and mm…. There is about… 2 or so occasions where I might consider it. Plague signet… really? Can anyone sane actually defend that? Once upon a time it was a stun break that let me have a chance to toss condition at someone. Now the most unreliable stun break in the game. The other two I already mentioned. In dungeons where I stand far away from melee and aoe, anything with invisible projectiles requires me to either specifically leave my spot to use it or not use it at all because it will never work. I guess someone could always find a use for one… but it still doesn’t justify their lack of everything.

And… please do not throw “mathematically proven” to be just as good at me. Mathematically proven to do the same in the specific event/with specific gear in theory. Explain to me how carrion could ever compare to rabbid when I run full dmg with little duration and relying exclusively on my crit sigils for dmg and mitigation. Does it work infinitely better then rabbid in a different scenario/spec/class sure. But that doesn’t mathematically prove anything.
Mathematically staff does insane dmg… practically I can personally side step away from staff as long as its not zerg vs zerg lag fest.

new necro build

in Necromancer

Ryn.6459

After yours opinions I’m aiming to (don’t really like any trait of spite line tho):

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fQAQNArYWjMat7dbqb07JEpCPD0j37WAxoHETwkMA-jAyAINBRaREpKCZ5wioxWfLiGr6GTHTEVbuLiWtUAQsGA-e

If I can abuse a little more of your time, I have 3 questions:
-Is the efect of the 6th nightmare rune worthy?
-with 80% condition duration, can I know how many ticks of terror I will have?
-Is lich form (I got 3800 attack) decent enough to destroy structures or flesh golem will be better?

Thanks a lot.

new necro build

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rennoko.5731

Rennoko.5731

After yours opinions I’m aiming to (don’t really like any trait of spite line tho):

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fQAQNArYWjMat7dbqb07JEpCPD0j37WAxoHETwkMA-jAyAINBRaREpKCZ5wioxWfLiGr6GTHTEVbuLiWtUAQsGA-e

If I can abuse a little more of your time, I have 3 questions:
-Is the efect of the 6th nightmare rune worthy?
-with 80% condition duration, can I know how many ticks of terror I will have?
-Is lich form (I got 3800 attack) decent enough to destroy structures or flesh golem will be better?

Thanks a lot.

1. Its quite amazing actually, because it can proc from range or melee. It is very noticable with duration. Long cooldown though.

2. At 80% duration, just multiply your base fear by duration by 1.8 – Doom within 600 range would be 1.5*1.8 = 2.7 seconds. Which is two guaranteed ticks, and a 70% chance at a third tick if the target already had a damaging condition on them when you cast it. For the 1 second fears it would be 1.8 seconds, or one terror tick and an 80% chance at the second tick on a condition-ed target.

3. Assuming you built around conditions; you will be bad at killing structures no matter what, but I find the golem charge, and the larger uptime on golem better for structures when combined with DS1 spam.

new necro build

in Necromancer

Ryn.6459

Many thanks Rennoko,

One last question:
-Yesterday I did a PUG dungeon run with another cond character on my party, and of course, it took more time. So, I’m planning to have a second gear set for that kind of situations (It must still be a 30/30/10/0/0 cause I cannot respec inside the dungeon).

Would that be good enough?
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fQAQRBIhdu1IjW6exmlGDfCQqg1QPytWnjegsxDD-jwxAYrBRTECEVI0Jviox2GKiGruGT5SEVLEwoFA-e

new necro build

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rennoko.5731

Rennoko.5731

I carry rampagers, or used to when I did dungeons more often, just for parties with multiple bleeders. Zerker works as well.

That build seems fine. There really is nothing all that useful in curses for a power build other than the minors and focused rituals. I tend to use chilling darkness and enfeeble blood, since I don’t use epidemic in a zerker build, or really any other corruption skills.