[sPvP] DS & ranged in dire situation

in Necromancer

Posted by: ZeftheWicked.3076

ZeftheWicked.3076

Recently i’ve been pvping with core necro opposed to reaper, and well – it’s possible, but like someone told me recently:

bypassing the problem is not same as fixing the problem

That’s exactly how i feel about certain very outdated, unimaginative and left to rot aspects of core necro kit. Top two offenders:

1. completely lackluster and detached from necro reality deathshroud skillset.
2. poor + copy-pasta ranged gameplay.

Ad1. Reaper shroud shows that the king is naked. Reapers get an ice combo field, combo finishers, projectile block, condi burst, great synergy with traits (transfusion with reasonable cooldown, dhuumfire viable) resulting in acctually viable hybrid damage builds .

Now back to core deathshroud.
Nothing. Nadda. Ad detached from the rest of necro as can be. Terrible, slow auto (dhuumfire pointless). Horrible cooldown on #4 (and reaper can trait to even cut his already lower cooldown each time he gets a kill!). No combo fields, no finishers, no skills that help kite save the once in century #5 , gap closer on twice the cooldown as reaper’s and quite possibly the slowest projectile ingame…

Core deathshroud stinks. Badly. It’s literally just a shield with some buttons to press if you ask me.

ad2. and then there’s the ranged game (Grenth help us all..). Lifeblast, staff auto, lich auto – they all do the same thing. A kitteningly slow, reflectable projectile, that does damage, pierces and..that’s it. Ok staff auto gains life force, but you can cross out that damage part next to it. While in some cases it might be useful i ask “Do we really need 3 of the same and already not that good anyway?”

So what else is going on in ranged department? Well there’s the axe which everyone hates cause it’s auto damage and speed is…well…“axy”. And staff marks which you blow through in 2 seconds of a teamfight, and then wonder what you gonna do with the remaining 8 since aa has crap damage and 0 condi play…

So a small shoutout from a profession that has no 0 damage defenses, no miliscule cooldowns on epic burst skills and terrible kite/chase game – do consider some updating of core necro to 2016 standards…

…please.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Silv.9207

Silv.9207

We ask for a QoL improvement of the Death Shroud from 3 years and nothing happen. Not even the chance to see our utility cooldowns while in Shroud.
They gave us the elite specializzation and Reaper Shroud, that is basicly what DS have to be and said “if you want to be useful while in Shroud, play the Reaper”. Stop.

The Death Shroud is good only in WvsW zerg qith a half Valkyrie equipment, out of that is useless like is always been and always will be.

ANet don’t want to make you play the necromancer, ANet want to force you to play the Reaper and buy HoT if you’ve not it.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Tadsoul.6951

Tadsoul.6951

death shroud needs some serious help. a good start would be to decrease the cast time + aftercast to something shorter.

for staff is meant to be a hybrid weapon
some of the good hybrid weapons that i see are warrior longbow and mesmer scepter
fan of fire scaling 1.32
mark of blood scaling .3
illusionary counter scaling 1
id recommend to increase the scaling for mark of blood by 400% this would increase the damage slightly more than fan of fire but the necromancer also has access to a lot less damage % modifier which means it would actually do less.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Aesa.4819

Aesa.4819

Yes DS definitely needs to be improved a lot, it’s so terrible compared to RS and everything else in the game it’s not even funny.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Tadsoul.6951

Tadsoul.6951

Lifeblast
cast time + aftercast .75s scaling .75 100% projectile finisher
or cast time+aftercast .9s scaling .9 100% projectile finisher

dark path cast time1/4s 10s cooldown
remove projectile
bleed5 8s
chill 5s

doom 20s cooldown
fear 1.5
stun break
quickness 4sec

i think this would be a good start
not sure about doom

in Necromancer

Posted by: Tim.6450

Tim.6450

Lifeblast
cast time + aftercast .75s scaling .75 100% projectile finisher
or cast time+aftercast .9s scaling .9 100% projectile finisher

dark path cast time1/4s 10s cooldown
remove projectile
bleed5 8s
chill 5s

doom 20s cooldown
fear 1.5
stun break
quickness 4sec

i think this would be a good start
not sure about doom

Doom really does not need the quickness.
For life blast I rather have a bleed of 5 seconds then a 100% projectile finisher and dark path I would rather keep the unblockable projectile (though it may be faster) but rather make a follow skill where you teleport to the hit foe.

EverythingOP