what do you guys think?

Xxkakarot [GF] Good Fights
Dark Wizard Incar [GF] Good Fights
http://www.twitch.tv/xxkakarot

should terror be a grandmaster trait?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rennoko.5731

Rennoko.5731

I think it should be restored to pre-nerf status (after the 50% buff and before the last damage nerf), and they should remove burning from the Spite tree.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

I think it’d be a decent idea.

Nalhadia – Kaineng

in Necromancer

Posted by: Tricare.2946

Tricare.2946

I think it should be restored to pre-nerf status (after the 50% buff and before the last damage nerf), and they should remove burning from the Spite tree.

You didn’t answer the mans question…

in Necromancer

Posted by: Brando.1374

Brando.1374

No dumfire should stay where its at.

I do agree with restoring terror to its former glory. but only if it gets moved to the grandmaster tier.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rennoko.5731

Rennoko.5731

I think you should get back to work.

I also think that moving it to GM level in the current state of affairs would break up 30/20/0/0/20, but it would do so in the worst possible way. Keep in mind terror was originally an adept level trait.

Moving everything worth having to the GM level is the best way to crush diversity.

in Necromancer

Posted by: flow.6043

flow.6043

…said the guy who wrote in the other thread that Dhuum/Terror is a noob build.
The only point of moving Terror to gm would be to force every conditionmancer to go 30/30/x/x/x, because no necro would take defensive traits over the damage that comes with those two.

I’m with Rennoko here, Dhuumfire needs to go.

Btw is there a reason why would you ask this question?

in Necromancer

Brando.1374

…said the guy who wrote in the other thread that Dhuum/Terror is a noob build.
The only point of moving Terror to gm would be to force every conditionmancer to go 30/30/x/x/x, because no necro would take defensive traits over the damage that comes with those two.

I’m with Rennoko here, Dhuumfire needs to go.

Btw is there a reason why would you ask this question?

fear will last 50% less if they do go 30/30/x/x/x. so I think players will have to pick to go for full glass condi or mix it up a bit more.

I asked since I think its a possible change.

and

in Necromancer

Posted by: oZii.2864

oZii.2864

I think you should get back to work.

I also think that moving it to GM level in the current state of affairs would break up 30/20/0/0/20, but it would do so in the worst possible way. Keep in mind terror was originally an adept level trait.

Moving everything worth having to the GM level is the best way to crush diversity.

Agree with Rennoko, I think terror is good but I don’t think it is GM worthy. I don’t think lingering curses and withering precision are GM worthy. It only affects a few skills most on long cooldowns outside of doom and isn’t guaranteed damage.

Terror is kind of like a trait “do X% damage under Y circumstance” there are many traits that are adept they do that.

[Good Fights]Sinndicate{Ele}Sinactic{Engineer}
Sinnastor{Warrior}Sinnacle{Mesmer}Sintacs
{Thief}

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bweaty.9187

Bweaty.9187

They should add more conditions that do nothing but stop condi cleanse, on a random proc so it takes no skill to use. Leave terror, but remove fear from out class, so we do better support to the warrior or thief were hiding behind. We must worship the god of life & fire!

Oh wait…

in Necromancer

Posted by: psygate.5632

psygate.5632

No. Doing this will just ruin most diversity in builds we have. It was an adept trait to begin with. Granted, it did not belong in adept, since you could run terror and dhuumfire and master of corruption, which was ludacrously strong, but no. Terror is not something that belongs in grandmaster. If you want terror, you already sacrafice a good deal of dps, lifeshroud regen or defensive stats. Dhuumfire put us on the same level as other classes, dps wise, since we don’t have confusion (arenanet, if you read this, please nerf confusion damage? K, thx bye). Even with terror, fear is the first condition to be cleansed, stability negates all terror damage and if you had to go into grandmaster and went 30/30, you would lose a great deal of dps because reapers mark could be blocked. In any case. Running terror without dhuumfire takes a good deal of damage away. If we could play the attrition game right, and outsurvive our opponents, then we could move terror to grandmaster and maybe not run dhuumfire, but as it stands, necromancers are not a great attrition class.

Nostalgyus-Necromancer (Kodash)

in Necromancer

Posted by: manveruppd.7601

manveruppd.7601

Hear hear!

A bad necromancer always blames the corpse.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Pendragon.8735

Pendragon.8735

Too late for Dumbfire to be axed, as it sounds like they are addressing it by giving other classes more cleansing power.

in Necromancer

Posted by: TheAgedGnome.7520

TheAgedGnome.7520

Leave Terror where it is, for Grenth’s sake.

Stealth nerfs are the perfect fertilizer for mistrust.
PVE Power and Support Build

in Necromancer

Posted by: Andele.1306

Andele.1306

It did, terror is hard countered by both stun breaks and stability, necro “op” status comes from dhuumfire being added for no freaking reason.

Agree with Rennoko, I think terror is good but I don’t think it is GM worthy. I don’t think lingering curses and withering precision are GM worthy.

a) Everyone is on it with Ren to remove dumbfire or change it (plz comething “cool” wink wink nudge nudge cough chill field/pulse on ds cough), it also makes no sense for dungeons.
b) Lingering curses is in every way GM worthy, it changes the entire concept of how a condi mancer builds and plays.

When life gives you lemon, ask if its from a anime or manga.

(edited by Andele.1306)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Shulkor.3670

Shulkor.3670

Terror is where it should, just don’t mess with Dhuumfire or I’ll eat your souls! Take away Dhuumfire then I would expect condition damage increased! I’ve used a full condi build for ages now, was a big bore until Dhuumfire was added. Necro be the only kitten char I like to play, take my Dhuumfire away, game over man, game Over!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

Since other professions weapons apply anything necros have to trait for..

Necro could use some love in traits.

54 infractions and counting because a moderator doesn’t understand a joke when he/she sees it.
E.A.D.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Myrmidian Eudoros.4671

Myrmidian Eudoros.4671

Terror is fine where it is.

All of the burn on hit or crit passives should be removed and replaced with active effects (i.e. for necro a 1s burn on boon strip/corrupt would make more sense). This won’t be in any patch any time soon, but it is a far better direction to take the game than un avoidable passive damage procs that we have now.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bawi.9541

Bawi.9541

the way i see it the damage proccs are part of the package. other specs get (one huge bundle of) direct damage, we get pitiful direct damage + DoT application – the exception being wvw dhuumfire. Then again it’s just our faceroll spec so we can play with the other facerollers :/

ps: terror is fine where it is, given the state of the game. Plus it’s a cool trait from a theme the class p.o.v. (imo)

Ele / Guardian

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ascii.9726

Ascii.9726

I’m with Rennoko on this one, Terror should be a grandmaster trait but only if the damage nurf is reverted but i think the burning should remain in its 2 second state.

The benefit (of nurf in Necros opinions) of having Terror as a grandmanster would mean people would have to give up either Master of Terror (losing 1200 average damage per burst) or Dhuumfire (losing 1300 average damage per burst) to have Terror (20/30/0/0/20 or 30/30/x/x/x).

Rank 580+ Necromancer WvW Stream
Commander Ascii :: Tempest Wolves [TW] :: Sanctum of Rall :: Best Necromancer NA

in Necromancer

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

Terror feels more like a grandmaster than most of our actual grandmasters. Obviously it should probably be buffed back up if it is moved to GM.

in Necromancer

Brando.1374

Terror is where it should, just don’t mess with Dhuumfire or I’ll eat your souls! Take away Dhuumfire then I would expect condition damage increased! I’ve used a full condi build for ages now, was a big bore until Dhuumfire was added. Necro be the only kitten char I like to play, take my Dhuumfire away, game over man, game Over!

I feel bad playing a necro when people who played a necro before dumbfire are now so reliant on it to win.
You dont need this trait for necro’s to be viable.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Overkillengine.6084

Overkillengine.6084

Only if the nerf to it was undone. It’s not currently strong enough to warrant a GM slot.

in Necromancer

Posted by: alanis.6094

alanis.6094

Haven’t played in 7-8 months or so. What nerf happened to Terror?

Drusilla Ina Alanis
<The Undead Lords>
Since 1994 – undeadlords.net

in Necromancer

Brando.1374

July 23rd update
Terror: Reduced the damage by 17%. Fixed a bug so this trait now checks for the torment condition as well.

in Necromancer

Posted by: alanis.6094

alanis.6094

July 23rd update
Terror: Reduced the damage by 17%. Fixed a bug so this trait now checks for the torment condition as well.

only 17%?

guess MMO players didn’t grow up in those 8 months

Drusilla Ina Alanis
<The Undead Lords>
Since 1994 – undeadlords.net

in Necromancer

Posted by: Andele.1306

Andele.1306

only 17%?

guess MMO players didn’t grow up in those 8 months

It also got moved from Adept to Master and its a 25% nerf since it lost 17% base damage on scaling, so if you got any other condition on the enemy (which is like 99% of the times when you should use fears on terrormancer) you the nerf took 1/4 of your damage.

When life gives you lemon, ask if its from a anime or manga.