smh at necro forums

smh at necro forums

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kotte.2460

Kotte.2460

All this qqing bout necro,“we need this, ths should change, axe is bad” and so on is really annoying. stop asking for fluff to change.

I main necro, and i have no problem being effctive, so please go learn the class, traits and skills before you start crying like little girls who lost their teddy bears.

oh forgot to mention, NECRO ISNT DESIGNED FOR MOBILITY.

smh at necro forums

in Necromancer

Posted by: PlatinumMember.5274

PlatinumMember.5274

Players should always desire more, it is up to designer to decide IF they should give it or not.

smh at necro forums

in Necromancer

Posted by: insaneseagull.7063

insaneseagull.7063

Players should always desire more.

And why is that?

Server: Far Shiverpeaks
IGN: Sparkly Darkness/Sinh Verdandi/Got D Boons
Guild: Anime And Manga Club [AMC]

smh at necro forums

in Necromancer

Posted by: insaneseagull.7063

insaneseagull.7063

All this qqing bout necro,“we need this, ths should change, axe is bad” and so on is really annoying. stop asking for fluff to change.

I main necro, and i have no problem being effctive, so please go learn the class, traits and skills before you start crying like little girls who lost their teddy bears.

+1 for you sir,looks like people expect to be gods in everything they do…

Server: Far Shiverpeaks
IGN: Sparkly Darkness/Sinh Verdandi/Got D Boons
Guild: Anime And Manga Club [AMC]

smh at necro forums

in Necromancer

Posted by: Siva Mira.3546

Siva Mira.3546

Not every QQ is bad.

Some people want to play Axe and Axe skills suck. Therefore people have the right to cry about it. What is wrong in there? Just because your favourite weapon sets and traits are good that doesn’t mean everything Necro has is good. The same goes for every other classes.

All is vain.

smh at necro forums

in Necromancer

Kotte.2460

i use every build and weapon set. and i mainly use axe half the time. i see nothing wrong with axe.

and everything about necro on these forums is qq. are you blind

smh at necro forums

in Necromancer

Posted by: Marthkus.4615

Marthkus.4615

inb4 people ask you to stream tourney play or 3 minute Arah path runs.

smh at necro forums

in Necromancer

Kotte.2460

lol. streaming lol . you sir made me laugh.

smh at necro forums

in Necromancer

Posted by: Aktium.9506

Aktium.9506

Please do provide the rest of us awful Necromancers with your impeccable qualifications that obviously makes you an authority on the subject on Necromancer’s viability. I’m afraid your name is unknown to me, would you mind listing the competitive events you have participated in where you can objectively claim to have been a deciding factor in your team’s victory? Or perhaps a record time speedrun if you’re not the PvPing sort?

smh at necro forums

in Necromancer

PlatinumMember.5274

Players should always desire more.

And why is that?

Because I said so.
The desire to want more leads to progress. If you prefer getting crap on, you can always accept whatever is given to you.

smh at necro forums

in Necromancer

Posted by: nearlight.3064

nearlight.3064

Who cares about necro dps in pve? Anything can have good DPS when they pick up an icebow and press 4.

Necromancer Main
Taking a break from GW2 to play various
Nintendo games..

smh at necro forums

in Necromancer

Posted by: xadine.7069

xadine.7069

this thread is so funny. I mean the OP is obviously as aware of the game as james wong was aware of dragon ball when he chose to realise dragon ball evolution…

smh at necro forums

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

Necromancer isn’t terrible, but it’s naive to think that “it’s fine” means it shouldn’t be better. There are a number of completely non-viable weapons, a number of skills that never get taken anywhere even by the worst players, a number of QOL issues that could yet be resolved, a number of balance concerns with legitimate foundations, and more. These things are exactly why this forum exists; these issues should be made public so that people like the developers and like myself can compile these issues into reports and get them worked and out to you all, the players.

The threads that don’t help are the threads like this one that just berate people without offering any meaningful discussion.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

smh at necro forums

in Necromancer

Kotte.2460

theres a difference of giving feedback, and 98 percent of the forums is people crying.

smh at necro forums

in Necromancer

Posted by: nearlight.3064

nearlight.3064

Necromancer isn’t terrible, but it’s naive to think that “it’s fine” means it shouldn’t be better. There are a number of completely non-viable weapons, a number of skills that never get taken anywhere even by the worst players, a number of QOL issues that could yet be resolved, a number of balance concerns with legitimate foundations, and more. These things are exactly why this forum exists; these issues should be made public so that people like the developers and like myself can compile these issues into reports and get them worked and out to you all, the players.

The threads that don’t help are the threads like this one that just berate people without offering any meaningful discussion.

I mean I agree with this, but I also think that the issues shouldn’t make people stop playing the class, as it seems to be the case. Since a number of things are proven to work quite well in each game mode, its just a matter of using whats useful and ignoring whats not..

In general I wish necromancer just had a few more options in builds, since in pve, only celestial and soldiers setups really work at high levels of gameplay since DS needs both toughness and vitality to provide adequate tankiness in teamfights. I also think that reaper will fix most of the most commonly addressed problems with the class, namely lack of cleave, stability, and possibly mobility to a slight and reasonable extent given how low the cooldown of death’s charge seems to be.

Necromancer Main
Taking a break from GW2 to play various
Nintendo games..

(edited by nearlight.3064)

smh at necro forums

in Necromancer

PlatinumMember.5274

theres a difference of giving feedback, and 98 percent of the forums is people crying.

What you said is clear and in no way simply gibberish.

smh at necro forums

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

I mean I agree with this, but I also think that the issues shouldn’t make people stop playing the class, as it seems to be the case. Since a number of things are proven to work quite well in each game mode, its just a matter of using whats useful and ignoring whats not..

Don’t get me wrong, I’m not defending people who complain about Necromancer for the sake of complaining. Those threads are just as bad as this one. There’s a middle ground where threads are useful and worthwhile, even if they take on negative tones. You have to remember that people make those negative threads because they care, and it’s important to weed out why they actually feel the way they feel. A lot of people feel frustrated that their suggestions have been ignored and the class is still suffering from issues it has suffered from since day 1. Those are things that wear people who care a lot down over time. I think all of that’s reasonable, so long as the people and the posts and the threads themselves are reasonable as well.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

smh at necro forums

in Necromancer

Posted by: Aktium.9506

Aktium.9506

and your name is unknown to me. im sorry ,you are? im also sorry that i dont have to list anything for you, since the “competitive” is a joke in this game, but with being said necro can still be “comptetive” and prove its worth by out thinking opposing teams do you lack the brain power to do so, i think yes. and speed runs prove what? that you can clear dungoens fast. thats nice but speed runs do nothing to prove effectiveness.

so how bout you actually learn the class buddy. you are invalid to this post since im getting a vine from you that you are one of qqers about necros

The burden of proof is on you I’m afraid. I have made no claims here, thus my own feats are of no importance nor relevance. I have merely questioned your claims.

But if you so desperetely want to know what I believe my own qualifications are, I’m sad to say I play rather casually and as such I only have 4 564 hours clocked in in GW2 whereas 2 600 of those are on Necromancer. I also have 6/8 of the class-specific Champion titles, 1926 matches played on Necromancer, every dungeon related achievement/title like Dungeon Master and Dungeoneer as well as Fractal Frequenter, full Ascended completed and etc. Not a very impressive resume all things considered. Even though I do have some self-imposed challenges like getting a 100:0 roaming kill spree in WvW that I’m somewhat proud of, though I did cheese the last dozen quite horribly.

I like to think these things are sufficient to allow me to form an opinion on the state of things. And I do as a matter of fact consider a large bulk of the complaints about Necromancer to be quite superfluous most of the times. A lot of the the complaints and demands border on being ridiculous even.

What you have to be aware of is that other people who main and/or play Necromancer who possess far more experience and far more impressive accomplishments than my own meagre collection have spoken out on Necromancer’s situation. And you are putting your claims against theirs. And ridiculing the competitive aspects of GW2 will not help you do so. That is why the burden of proof is on you and until you can prove these people wrong your claims are void.

smh at necro forums

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sigmoid.7082

Sigmoid.7082

i see nothing wrong with axe.

Can we go back to this. Like seriously..

smh at necro forums

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

OP is the definition of the Dunning-Kruger effect.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

smh at necro forums

in Necromancer

Posted by: leman.7682

leman.7682

This, totally and thus I recommend everyone not engaging in the discussion.

Leman

smh at necro forums

in Necromancer

Posted by: flow.6043

flow.6043

Obvious troll is obvious.

smh at necro forums

in Necromancer

Posted by: Akrasia.5469

Akrasia.5469

Here is the thing, for casual play a bit of WvW and low level fractals at best Necro is great. In fact at low levels Necro is probably one of the top classes to be. When players start playing at a higher level (ranked sPvP, high level fractals, dungeon speed runs etc) Necro is one of the worst classes, or at least one of the most shunned. The tools most groups want at high levels necros lack greatly. I’m not a top tier player but I can see why necros are constantly complaining.

The biggest problem I see is we never had the top spot in 3 years. So now whenever a necro is around the first reaction is “we can’t have a necro on the team”. I’ve been kicked off a pug team for simply being a necro before play even started.

As I said before in low level casual play necros have nothing to complain about. Thats 85-90% of the player base but in the places that highlight the classes (sPvP, High level dungeons) we fall short. If not for WvW we’d be useless in competitive play.

smh at necro forums

in Necromancer

Posted by: SpellOfIniquity.1780

SpellOfIniquity.1780

i mainly use axe half the time.

I also primarily sometimes use axe. And sometimes it’s always a bad weapon.

Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer
Champion: Phantom, Hunter, Legionnaire, Genius
WvW rank: Diamond Colonel | Maguuma

smh at necro forums

in Necromancer

Posted by: Zefrost.3425

Zefrost.3425

I had to google what that means and laughed hard lol.

smh at necro forums

in Necromancer

Posted by: CodeHavoc.7926

CodeHavoc.7926

Hm, never thought constructive criticism sent to devs were “QQ” or complaining. We should evaluate ourselves! And axe sucks.

I main necro, and i have no problem being effective

Uh, you shouldn’t. it’s good to be effective. It’s not good to be lower in terms of usefulness or support especially when other classes can do it better.

so please go learn the class, traits and skills before you start crying like little girls who lost their teddy bears.

Already have, I have no teddy.

Been stated before necros were designed to be slow and able to keep other classes locked in fights. Your point being…? The only problem I see is active defense during these fights (blocks/reflects as well as LF generation during said fights. I get it. Reaper. But what about now?

Necro Jesus is a thing apparently
The Zerker Bunker meta is the biggest bug in the game

smh at necro forums

in Necromancer

Posted by: Dr Acula.3496

Dr Acula.3496

Hm, never thought constructive criticism sent to devs were “QQ” or complaining. We should evaluate ourselves! And axe sucks.

I main necro, and i have no problem being effective

Uh, you shouldn’t. it’s good to be effective. It’s not good to be lower in terms of usefulness or support especially when other classes can do it better.

so please go learn the class, traits and skills before you start crying like little girls who lost their teddy bears.

Already have, I have no teddy.

Been stated before necros were designed to be slow and able to keep other classes locked in fights. Your point being…? The only problem I see is active defense during these fights (blocks/reflects as well as LF generation during said fights. I get it. Reaper. But what about now?

not just now, but for the past 3 years…

Depressed Unicorns – Necro [Agg]

smh at necro forums

in Necromancer

Posted by: Swamurabi.7890

Swamurabi.7890

@Kotte.2460;

Why do you only have a forum posting history of less than one month?

smh at necro forums

in Necromancer

Posted by: flow.6043

flow.6043

@Kotte.2460;

Why do you only have a forum posting history of less than one month?

Because that’s how long it takes to git gud!

Also, now that you’ve mentioned his post history, there seems to be a recurring theme…

necro is top class

necros are one of the most dominate classes

condi necro is great.

necro is fine and number 1

I play necro to shatter the egos of all the tryhards in PvP.

necros have team support, but you all are either to dumb to find the build.

i think alot of you dont knowhow to play necro.

learn the class instead of coming to forums crying

lol, you must be bad at necro.

its true you must be bad at playing necro like 90 percent of players

And my favourite:

I have never met a class/build that can counter my mm While roaming.

i am the best mm by far. kneel before me
edit: bhawb is baddie necro

Kotte! Please teach us, master!

smh at necro forums

in Necromancer

Posted by: leman.7682

leman.7682

Feeding a troll and a total random isn’t really a good way to make him stop…

Leman

smh at necro forums

in Necromancer

Posted by: manveruppd.7601

manveruppd.7601

First of all, I don’t see the point of the OP at all. If you’re happy with the necro, why do you care if other people are not? Since you too main necro, you literally have nothing to lose if we got buffs. It cannot possibly harm you if we get our way, so did you only post to insult us?

Second and more important though, gw2score.com lists the OP as having played 21 ranked games in all. So I don’t believe he has enough knowledge and experience to comment on whether the necro is ok or not at all.

@OP why don’t you queue up for some games, go through the school of hard knocks like the rest of us, deal with rampage warriors, shatter mesmers and all the rest of it, and then come back here with a better attitude before you call anyone else a crybaby?

Frankly, this whole thread should be deleted.

A bad necromancer always blames the corpse.

smh at necro forums

in Necromancer

Posted by: Zetsumei.4975

Zetsumei.4975

I know right the definition alone is an insult itself xD

Kurodaraku – Necromancer | Kuroshikon – Ranger
Officer of [DEX] Deus Ex Machina Eu and [Fus] Fus Ro Dâh
Ruins of Surmia

smh at necro forums

in Necromancer

Marthkus.4615

I know right the definition alone is an insult itself xD

Yes people thinking that they are so good that it is the class mechanics fault for their under performance….

smh at necro forums

in Necromancer

Posted by: Gryph.8237

Gryph.8237

What a freaking troll. Contributes nothing but being a kitten

smh at necro forums

in Necromancer

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Second and more important though, gw2score.com lists the OP as having played 21 ranked games in all. So I don’t believe he has enough knowledge and experience to comment on whether the necro is ok or not at all.

To be fair, that would only list myself as having played 2 ranked games. Yet you all seem to think my views on Necro have some weight :p

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

smh at necro forums

in Necromancer

Posted by: Anchoku.8142

Anchoku.8142

Kotte, this forum is comprised of a diverse mix of voices, yours included. Please refrain, though, from criticism of those posting. You may critisize opinions but try to do so civilly and with supporting detail.

With that caution out of the way, please consider you may be both right and wrong about crying on this forum.

There are a lot of players who really care about the profession and complain out of frustrated love for the job. There are many utilities and traits which do not compare well to other professions or have very low value, which limits build variety. Pointing them out and asking for help improving them is a labor of love.

In open world PvE, it is enough to be effective. In other game modes, the professions must compete with each other. Relative effectiveness for each job functionin each profession, balance, is what many on this forum consider when posting.

Sorry for the long reply. I did it because I care about what you think.

smh at necro forums

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lily.1935

Lily.1935

Compared to my play time of my engineer, Guardian and Mesmer my I’ve played my necromancer about doubly of each of their times combine. Mesmer sits at about 500 hours, Engineer at about 500 and Guardian about 300. My necromancer is close to 2.6k hours. I don’t have nearly as much experience with the necromancer as many others on the forums but I have broken out to a point that everything I do with the profession is second nature to me and have gained a much greater understanding of the profession.

One issue that I’ve noticed is no matter what build I choose for my necromancer, no matter how good I am, it always under preforms when compared to other professions. Not a single one of the necromancer’s builds functions particularly well and they suffer for it. They lack party support, damage, defenses mobility and are easily countered. I out preform myself when I play my secondary professions. You want to learn how bad the necromancer is, play another profession for a while.

smh at necro forums

in Necromancer

Posted by: xitsLuisx.2480

xitsLuisx.2480

I personally think necro’s are fine. I love playing my necro, I spent a lot of time creating a very effective condition build that does a whole heap of damage. What I have a problem with is being kicked out of groups because ‘NO NECROS EVER’. By people who don’t play the class, and are just ‘programmed’ to hate the class.

IMO, any dungeon/fractal goes 10 times smoother when you have a well played necro. It won’t be as fast kitten zerker warriors or 5 zerker guardians, but that doesn’t mean I deserve to be kicked out of groups when I play my class pretty effectively.

smh at necro forums

in Necromancer

Marthkus.4615

I personally think necro’s are fine. I love playing my necro, I spent a lot of time creating a very effective condition build that does a whole heap of damage. What I have a problem with is being kicked out of groups because ‘NO NECROS EVER’. By people who don’t play the class, and are just ‘programmed’ to hate the class.

IMO, any dungeon/fractal goes 10 times smoother when you have a well played necro. It won’t be as fast kitten zerker warriors or 5 zerker guardians, but that doesn’t mean I deserve to be kicked out of groups when I play my class pretty effectively.

TIP: You don’t want to play with those poor excuse for people.

smh at necro forums

in Necromancer

Posted by: Akrasia.5469

Akrasia.5469

This is what I’ve been saying for the last few days. Necros biggest problem isn’t a broken mechanic (it is a small part of the problem though). The biggest problem is everyone’s (including the devs) perception of the class. Necros are perceived to be a tanky class but we have no skills to back that up. Necros are perceived to be damage dealers and hitmen so to speak but without mobility and good cc we can’t lock down the majority of our opponents, smart ones disengage as we are strong 1v1 vs someone who stands there to trade blows. And worst of all Necros are perceived to be low tier in most things (sPvP, high lvl dungeons, fractals) Maybe rightly so, maybe not, but that perception needs to change or we’ll be complaining forever.

smh at necro forums

in Necromancer

Posted by: manveruppd.7601

manveruppd.7601

To be fair, that would only list myself as having played 2 ranked games. Yet you all seem to think my views on Necro have some weight :p

Who are you again? :p

j/k, to be fair for all I know mayube the OP played like 4,000 unranked games since December (when unranked queue was introduced), but since his views are diametrically opposite to everyone on these forums who actually know a thing or two, I somehow doubt it.

A bad necromancer always blames the corpse.

smh at necro forums

in Necromancer

Marthkus.4615

j/k, to be fair for all I know mayube the OP played like 4,000 unranked games since December (when unranked queue was introduced), but since his views are diametrically opposite to everyone on these forums who actually know a thing or two, I somehow doubt it.

Everyone I know outside of forums is pretty sure that necros are OP.

Every class forums is pretty sure their class is worthless. So don’t be surprised that ANET listens to none of it.

smh at necro forums

in Necromancer

Posted by: Atherakhia.4086

Atherakhia.4086

Everyone I know outside of forums is pretty sure that necros are OP.

Every class forums is pretty sure their class is worthless. So don’t be surprised that ANET listens to none of it.

ANet only ever reads the PvP forum, and that forum tends to show Necros being near the bottom of the barrel.

smh at necro forums

in Necromancer

Posted by: Relshdan.6854

Relshdan.6854

must be a troll thread.

Chaos Organ (Ele), Pistol Opera (Thief), Modular Man (Eng)
MARA (EU) Gunnar’s Hold

smh at necro forums

in Necromancer

Posted by: PistolWhip.2697

PistolWhip.2697

When players start playing at a higher level (ranked sPvP, high level fractals, dungeon speed runs etc)

The biggest problem I see is we never had the top spot in 3 years. So now whenever a necro is around the first reaction is “we can’t have a necro on the team”. I’ve been kicked off a pug team for simply being a necro before play even started.

Ranked is not high level. You can be effective with anything in Ranked as long as you play decently and have good team co-ordination.

High Level PvP would be ESL, WTS and such. Ranked has about as much of a competitive environment as my Killshot warrior for the lols.

Don’t believe it? Ask the Necro I used to regularly queue with on my team.

Necro had it’s own dhuumfire meta (in spvp). The reason no one remembers it, is because it was very very very short lived.

I agree on the last point, player perceptions are awful toward this class. It has it’s issues but it is no where near enough of wanting to kick them from your team as long as they run a good setup and are decent players. This applies to any class.

MORE BEARDS OR RIOT