w3 might stacking power necro: opinions?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Mac.7249

Mac.7249

WvW Zerg build

With this build’s 50% might duration (not including boon food) i can easily hold 15-20 personal stacks of might . . . and in zergs 25 stacks during encounters. I use 2 might duration rune sets, Fire and hoelbrek – 150 power opposed to 75 just wins ‘imo’
I go with spectral walk/armor for survivability, i didnt go with wells because marks do plenty of dmg with 3k power and life transfer for the big AoE finish.
your opinions are welcomed and appreciated.

http://gw2buildcraft.com/calculator/necromancer/?5.3|6.1g.h1h|7.1g.h1h.d.1g.h4|1g.77.1g.77.1g.77.1g.b9.1g.79.1g.b9|4s.0.2s.0.3s.0.1g.67.1g.67.2s.0|u67c.f5.a5.0.f4|2.8|3r.3u.48.46.4g|e

Attachments:

TC Necromonger

(edited by Mac.7249)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Fenikkusu.1569

Fenikkusu.1569

Where are you using this build and in what setting? You need a tad more info for a good critique.

Selene Luminare [Commander/Elementalist]
Asiske [Fractals/Guardian]
Princess Mononoke [ Experimental/Ranger]

in Necromancer

Mac.7249

sorry, I thought that was evident. WvW zerging/soldier – defending/assaulting . . . even fun roaming with 5-10 people.

TC Necromonger

in Necromancer

Posted by: Fenikkusu.1569

Fenikkusu.1569

Np I’ll critique after school okay

I love news btw

Selene Luminare [Commander/Elementalist]
Asiske [Fractals/Guardian]
Princess Mononoke [ Experimental/Ranger]

in Necromancer

Posted by: frostshade.3617

frostshade.3617

I use a build similar on my necro works well

commander frostseir(sylvari,guardian) commander frostetics(norn,ele)
Os guild

in Necromancer

Posted by: rumm.1932

rumm.1932

I would take the terror trait, instead of the 33% chance to gain 1% LF. With 15-25 stacks of might you will have 675-1025 condition damage and terror would help increase your spike damage, especially with the marks deal 10% more damage, staff CD reduction, and 20% under 50% health. You can get a hard hitting CC to help get them down fast after they get below 50%. You also should have plenty of LF regen with SA and the 15 points in Soul Reaping. Y

in Necromancer

Posted by: Swamurabi.7890

Swamurabi.7890

Since you’re in T2, you are in and are going against organized zergs. Wellomancer is much better at this tier for two reasons. You are more likely to get might from a blasted fire field from your own zerg and the opponents’ zergs, using voice chat, act as one better so a well that’s dropped in front of them will hit/affect up to 25 players as they pass through it.

in Necromancer

Mac.7249

Honestly wells are under-powered to me, 5 seconds ticking at 900-2k with a 36 second cool-down, hitting only 5 people per tick . my staff auto attack does more. and my LB does way more if i take out the 10 in death and go with 30.20.0.0.20 for soul’s piercing life blast and curses’ 20% corruption recharge for better might stacking.

wells aren’t sexy a green ghastly death dealer is.
enemy zerg: “oh look a well” presses strafe for a moment
wellmancer: “aww where did the numbers go?”

TC Necromonger

in Necromancer

Posted by: Swamurabi.7890

Swamurabi.7890

Honestly wells are under-powered to me, 5 seconds ticking at 900-2k with a 36 second cool-down, hitting only 5 people per tick . my staff auto attack does more. and my LB does way more if i take out the 10 in death and go with 30.20.0.0.20 for soul’s piercing life blast and curses’ 20% corruption recharge for better might stacking.

wells aren’t sexy a green ghastly death dealer is.
enemy zerg: “oh look a well” presses strafe for a moment
wellmancer: “aww where did the numbers go?”

Step into WoC and their boons are conditions, all of them. So if they stack might it becomes weakness which means they do less damage.
Step into WoS and you get vulnerability. When combined with your zergs might stacks means they take10-20% more damage.
Step into WoD and they get blinded. Combined with Chilling Darkness trait means their next attack misses, they move 66% slower and their CD’s are increased 66%. Good, good and good.

After all that go plague form blindness and you’ll see them all die as you walk amongst the loot bags.

Wells: Don’t go zerging without them.

in Necromancer

Posted by: khadorian.6417

khadorian.6417

I would go greater marks, and axe training your depending alot on those.

<a href="http://tinyurl.com/bmj3ann">My WvW Necro power build</a>

in Necromancer

Mac.7249

I still don’t see the usefulness of wells long CD over survivabillity :\ i’m not willing to sacrifice spite, i did drop curses trait for eagle runes and 25 in death for the tiny boost in power, and both staff traits. still sitting at 50% crit and when in zergs and lucky enough fury shouldn’t be a problem. and i can stay around 40% boon duration with food.

TC Necromonger