23k Maul and more / WvW Max Dmg Ranger Video

in Ranger

Posted by: Bababu.3852

Bababu.3852

This video was made after Taku posted a build, in my guide topic, about a max dmg ranger build. And we thought about how much dmg the ranger can deal in theory (up to 20k was my guess). Check out what happened in practice.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6H4ILEsYKEc&feature=youtu.be
Again this is not a skill video. It just shows how much dmg we can deal vs low/high lvld and low/high armoured targets.
I still enjoy playing a slightly different build with up to 10k hits and it works fine for me as for several others.

The build: Basic Idea was to crit with opening strike and push all the dmg we can get into that . Therfore 30/30/0/10/0
Valkyre set + Trait Strenght of Spirit + power bufffood + Signets + Sigil of bloodlust + rune of the schoolar.

Questions or videos dealing more dmg ? Post them here!

*Note: This build is not very enjoyable to play especially if you miss your first hit, for whatever reason. It’s just a max dmg build. If you want to play something similar play the 10k build it has better sustained dmg, if u want to play tanky then go play tanky

(edited by Bababu.3852)

in Ranger

Posted by: Tribio.8531

Tribio.8531

I have to admit I’m amazed to see those high dmg numbers.. Nice video!
What gear/traits are you using? (since that wasn’t quite clear)

The Hatreidis family: Freya / Nina / Demonica / Athena / Faith / Arya / Angie / Sansa
Commander – Jam Death [Jd]
Fissure of Woe

in Ranger

Posted by: Chopps.5047

Chopps.5047

Well,’after seeing this, I ran a similar build with signet of the beastmaster. My friend and I blew up a camp with a necro in it, that was fun. Then I blew up a thief. I think he probably crapped himself when I mauled him for a good chunk of life. Fun stuff, thanks for sharing!

What I found was that while you do great damage, there are no easy outs (at least if you’re alone). You lose that slipperiness of the regen builds. It is still lots of fun. Whenever we’re outmanned, I run this build. No repair costs!

Tin Foil Hat Hearer »—> Ranger Extraordinaire »—> “Be like water…”

in Ranger

Bababu.3852

Edited the basic build idea.

in Ranger

Posted by: Dardamaniac.1295

Dardamaniac.1295

Did Anet made you make these videos so they can reduce the qqs?

in Ranger

Bababu.3852

Did Anet made you make these videos so they can reduce the qqs?

ShhShhhh don’t reveal it !

To be honest at first i was nerved by all those stupid 4 zerk warriors cof path 1. Because back when no one farmed cof path 1, me and friends did it already… So i made a 4 ranger cof video to show that we can also deal dmg, and then i thought im gonna do some onehits… that’s all behind it . But mostly kitten you stupid warriors !

in Ranger

Posted by: jubskie.3152

jubskie.3152

Can you post these vids on reddit too? XD If you can’t I’ll post it for you

Extraordinary Gentlemen [EXG] Desolation
Doing It With Style
www.exg-guild.com

in Ranger

Bababu.3852

I did that already and no one’s interested … post them by yourself. My account has anyways no karma ^^

in Ranger

Chopps.5047

Yo, jub, wait until the next patch hits. You’ll get more eyes on reddit that way. Then post it. It’s not going anywhere!!! Or post it now to stop someone from getting all that karma—you’re choice!

Lol what do you think babs?

(edited by Chopps.5047)

in Ranger

Posted by: Miiro.3124

Miiro.3124

nice dps, always like seeing people do different stuff on rangers. keep it up

[SAV] Miiro 80 Ranger
Jade Quarry Champion Hunter
Solo/Small man WvW

in Ranger

Bababu.3852

I dont care about karma at all :P I just don’t know how the system works in reddit but i thought more karma helps to get more viewers.

So everyone feel free to post it on reddit, whenever you want. I won’t do it again.

in Ranger

Chopps.5047

I have a dry sense of humor. Karma isn’t worth anything! That’s the joke. Anyways, thanks bababu. You rock!

in Ranger

Posted by: Taku.6352

Taku.6352

Awesome job Bababu, always nice to see people try out new things despite all the moaning we get to face.

in Ranger

Posted by: Burnfall.9573

Burnfall.9573

Bababu

Honeslty i sometimes i think you are Robert H. in disguise, attempting to give the Ranger community hope.

Seriously

Great Job!!

Advocate of Justice, Liberty and Truth

(edited by Burnfall.9573)

in Ranger

Posted by: kiwituatara.6053

kiwituatara.6053

Just out of curiosity, how often are you able to successfully land that first hit (%)?

in Ranger

Bababu.3852

Just out of curiosity, how often are you able to successfully land that first hit (%)?

Let me explain first: My normal playstyle with the greatsword would be jump at them, stun/maul them or wait for the dodge and then maul them. All depending on the situation of course….

With this build i pretty much have to use maul as my initiation OR use 2 GS: one with Sigil of Intelligence for a 2nd guaranteed crit, which i did not use ! Why ? because im poor and i can’t afford another GS at the moment aswell as a 2nd Longbow. I did aswell use my GS with power/precision/crit. With 2 GS you could jump at them stun them switch GS activate signet and hit.

Therefore i missed at least 50% of my mauls…. But it all depends on the playstyle. For the Longbow it does really not matter if you hit or not. 1 sec cooldown is 1 sec cooldown. You should aswell attack from behind (10%more dmg). And if they got no idea you are behind them, they can’t dodge the arrow.

And as you can see in the video i played like a really sneaky kitten. Always coming around the corner of their base, because they just want to run to the zerg as fast as possible and probably don’t recognize me, which means i can hit my maul. So expect this number to be lower than 50% if you play this build in a normal way.

(edited by Bababu.3852)

in Ranger

kiwituatara.6053

“sneaky kitten” you’re a freaking huge charr with signet of the wild LOL

in Ranger

Posted by: Kain Francois.4328

Kain Francois.4328

Can you please make a video showing the viability of this in PvE? Like FoTM?

in Ranger

Bababu.3852

That is a sneaky Kitten !

@Kain Francois: I can see no way why this is viable at all in PvE lol ^^ You only crit one time when the boss fight starts. Then you’re left with low dmg and 30% crit chance if i remember correctly. FoTM needs tanky melees the higher lvls you go, so in no way is this viable in FoTM. Longbow Rangers can stay out of the danger zone but still you only crit with the first hit…. so better play with zerk items and a standard build then you got sustained dmg. !!! Don’t judge me for this, i shall burn in hell that i said FoTM and Ranger and Longbow in one Post !!!

(edited by Bababu.3852)

in Ranger

Posted by: awge.3852

awge.3852

Very awesome! I’d like to know more about your build though, if you could share. I have a very good condition build but I’ve been looking for an alternative build to use in WvW 5-man group play that would be more raw damage oriented.

Mon Fils — Favorable Winds [Wind] — Blackgate
Ranger’s guide to PvP/WvW: http://tinyurl.com/oht3e9z

in Ranger

Bababu.3852

Very awesome! I’d like to know more about your build though, if you could share. I have a very good condition build but I’ve been looking for an alternative build to use in WvW 5-man group play that would be more raw damage oriented.

This is my build guide (NOT the one in the video):
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/ranger/10k-Autoattack-Longbow-PvE-Build-WvW-fun/first

I edited the build of the Video in the first post.

in Ranger

Posted by: Kain Francois.4328

Kain Francois.4328

That is a sneaky Kitten !

@Kain Francois: You only crit one time when the boss fight starts. Then you’re left with low dmg and 30% crit chance if i remember correctly. FoTM needs tanky melees the higher lvls you go, so in no way is this viable in FoTM.

With full zerk gear and Rune of the Ranger, you should have about 59% crit rate (estimated). Plus you aren’t in the fight alone, as you have allies who support you with fury. Plus it’s always possible to use Red Moa and wep swap for fury.

In High Level FoTM 38, the idea is to go more power-oriented rather than defensive, because bosses do not hit you enough to justify going defensive (as you could heal back to full health before getting hit again.)

in Ranger

Bababu.3852

With full zerk gear and Rune of the Ranger, you should have about 59% crit rate (estimated). Plus you aren’t in the fight alone, as you have allies who support you with fury. Plus it’s always possible to use Red Moa and wep swap for fury.

In High Level FoTM 38, the idea is to go more power-oriented rather than defensive, because bosses do not hit you enough to justify going defensive (as you could heal back to full health before getting hit again.)

Read the first post again please ! The build is using Valkyre set, not berserker, because we gain dmg from Vitality. We also gain dmg from Sigil of bloodlust, and in pve you won’t keep those stacks up. Overall you won’t have that much dmg and only a ~20% crit chance
With berserker stats we loose all the dmg we get from vitality(which is in fact not that much).

You want to play berserker then do it with one of the standard builds…

(edited by Bababu.3852)

in Ranger

jubskie.3152

Out of curiosity why didn’t you just go full berserker instead of Valk? You have zero damage reflection…..just a bit of a higher health pool. So you have zero damage resistance when in melee combat with greatsword. In WvW this would be squishy as your trying to avoid burst damage. Even the most skilled player is going to take a hit or two. The train of thought is to get them down first (Berserker) or add some toughness with Knight’s armor. I really like the build though. Just doesn’t seem to be forgiving in regards to damage reflection.

Because this is a max damage test. Rangers get power from vitality with a trait. If you want the zerk version, check out the 10k Longbow Thread

Doing It With Style
www.exg-guild.com

in Ranger

Chopps.5047

Out of curiosity why didn’t you just go full berserker instead of Valk? You have zero damage reflection…..just a bit of a higher health pool. So you have zero damage resistance when in melee combat with greatsword. In WvW this would be squishy as your trying to avoid burst damage. Even the most skilled player is going to take a hit or two. The train of thought is to get them down first (Berserker) or add some toughness with Knight’s armor. I really like the build though. Just doesn’t seem to be forgiving in regards to damage reflection.

He only needs crit damage. He is trying to 1 shot and then survive. You see, remember your minor traits! Precise strike is a guaranteed crit. Sigil of intelligence is a gauranteed crit.

in Ranger

kiwituatara.6053

LOL. I just hit a lvl 80 guardian 10k using LB AA without bloodlust stacks or food, lucky his aegis wasnt up. But i have to say, the damage spike isnt easy to pull off.

in Ranger

Bababu.3852

LOL. I just hit a lvl 80 guardian 10k using LB AA without bloodlust stacks or food, lucky his aegis wasnt up. But i have to say, the damage spike isnt easy to pull off.

kitten those stupid guardians with their aegis, ruined so many of my 20k hits just because i didnt watch their buffs!

in Ranger

kiwituatara.6053

Sigh~ With this build, seems like you’re pretty much dead if you don’t land that hit before they notice you LOL. Still fun nonetheless.

in Ranger

Posted by: Myrmix.5460

Myrmix.5460

Oh no…i hope, ANet doesn’t see this video or they will nerf the ranger again -.-

in Ranger

Posted by: IBountyHunterI.4601

IBountyHunterI.4601

No. Why on earth if you are building around getting off GS maul would you take longbow traits when you could stack might on yourself.

I posted a build awhile ago around GS burst mauls which gives you.
-Practically the same burst only lacking 4% Crit dmg from not going 30 in the 2nd trait line
-15stacks of might off the bat not counting RaO bonus stacks of might
-Might on the pet allowing for up to 6k+ Crits from the felines alone
-An invulnerability, and 2200 Armor to boot
-A pull which also hits for 5k+ Or an Additional might stack if you use offhand horn
-More Crit Chance after the buffs
-If You use Drakes a blast finisher on the water field
-Sigil of fire for chance of 1k+ extra damage on crit.

Mine however lacks
-The 10%dmg from frost spirit ( Which considering how spirits are may aswell be useless) (No offense)
- Longbow
- A bit less Vitality
- The attack of opportunity from going full 30 in the 2nd trait line

http://intothemists.com/calc/?build=VH;4wEVu-f2kDV-0;9k82;1TO49-08A03;24;36-V4;2udbTudbTNokLc475;2VhVlWqXv2147a6Z-870HV5PcW5P;9;9;9;9;9;4V8-6N

Just saying.
Of course that build isn’t accurate to what I run in WvW which gives me the same burst and almost 2500 armor but I will keep that little secret locked up until later when I have time to do a full write up.

So far roaming solo I have only lost once to a warrior I forgot to use my mauls on in the heat of the moment (But I gurantee I would of decimated him if I did since he was full glass) . Excellent for group play especially if you are not being focused you can instantly spike someone.

Not saying this build isn’t insane, but you can get a build with
-Might
- Practically the same burst if not larger.
-More survivability.

Honestly, I posted practically the same build a few days ago.

Help

(edited by IBountyHunterI.4601)

in Ranger

Bababu.3852

@ Bounty Hunter: You dont get the point of the topic… read it agian its not a build that you play its the theoretically highest dmg output. You can do it better than show me your video or be quiet . That’s why i didn’t include a link at first and that’s why i’ll delete the link to the build again becuase people think its a viable build -,-

(edited by Bababu.3852)

in Ranger

IBountyHunterI.4601

@ Bounty Hunter: You dont get the point of the topic… read it agian its not a build that you play its the theoretically highest dmg output. You can do it better than show me your video or be quiet . That’s why i didn’t include a link at first and that’s why i’ll delete the link to the build again becuase people think its a viable build -,-

@ everone else : A weird thing i noticed:
The Ranger seems to have an inbuilt attack scaling on Vitality, or i am really missing something here plz help me . The screenshot shows my stats with berserker and valkyre both with and without the Trait “strenght of spirit”.
I thought valkyre and berserker got the same power stats, and i checked it ingame and it also said so …but still higher numbers on the valkyre side. (same buffs etc.)

Can anyone explain?

No
Theoretically you are missing the highest Damage output by excluding free stacks of might by taking longbow dmg.

Help

in Ranger

Posted by: rumm.1932

rumm.1932

The Ranger seems to have an inbuilt attack scaling on Vitality, or i am really missing something here plz help me . The screenshot shows my stats with berserker and valkyre both with and without the Trait “strenght of spirit”.
I thought valkyre and berserker got the same power stats, and i checked it ingame and it also said so …but still higher numbers on the valkyre side. (same buffs etc.)

Can anyone explain?

No
Theoretically you are missing the highest Damage output by excluding free stacks of might by taking longbow dmg.

Do the stacks of might contribute more damage than the 5% increase from the longbow trait?

Edit: The damage would be greater for anything besides longbow but if you use the longbow more often then I think 5% increase would be greater.

(edited by rumm.1932)

in Ranger

IBountyHunterI.4601

Can anyone explain?

No

Do the stacks of might contribute more damage than the 5% increase from the longbow trait?

Edit: The damage would be greater for anything besides longbow but if you use the longbow more often then I think 5% increase would be greater.

If you are using longbow more power to you but the main burst dmg is going to be done via the GS since the longbow can be easily dodged simply by running due to a slow projectile speed.

Since you can stack roughly 20+ might stacks which easily tops your over 4k attack I would go for might over a weapon I wouldn’t touch with a 20 foot pole.

Also the same can be done with a valk build which would give you almost 3k armor, and the same burst due to opening strike on GS maul 2.

Help

in Ranger

Bababu.3852

@Bounty Hunter:
The idea was first to hit harder with the longbow, that’s why i skilled the longbow traits i then moved on to hit with the GS… because i liked it more as u can see in the video from the amount of clips.
And what you do is basically might stacking, which i did not include as stated in the video . So go and show me your video with more dmg … I would really like to see others beat that one.

AND just one last time for you ! THIS is NOT an actual build. It’s a simple how much dmg can i do with AAs from longbow and 2 attack from GS….

Not gonna answer any questions including build stuff….

(edited by Bababu.3852)

in Ranger

Posted by: rumm.1932

rumm.1932

I am just learning the different ranger builds. How are you getting 20+ might stacks so easily? I can see 9 from signets and 3 from the pet, if you include the elite that means you are blowing 3 120 second skills to grant that and then it can’t be sustained. The benefit from the might stacks would have to increase you dps by over 30% Over that 15 second period to beat out a constant 5% increase over a 120 second period. I thought the general consensus was that a flat % gain was better than might. I would like to see a video of the way you play your build. It is something similar to what I have been trying to theorycraft but something always feels off.

in Ranger

kiwituatara.6053

@Bounty Hunter:
The idea was first to hit harder with the longbow, that’s why i skilled the longbow traits i then moved on to hit with the GS… because i liked it more as u can see in the video from the amount of clips.
And what you do is basically might stacking, which i did not include as stated in the video . So go and show me your video with more dmg … I would really like to see others beat that one.

AND just one last time for you ! THIS is NOT an actual build. It’s a simple how much dmg can i do with AAs from longbow and 2 attack from GS….

Not gonna answer any questions including build stuff….

And because of that stupid Build argument stuff i do this once again :

Can anyone explain?

Your runes maybe? (ranger runes = precision, scholar runes = power)

in Ranger

IBountyHunterI.4601

@Bababu
That’s fine, but its by no means the highest burst possible still for a GS. I understand you are using longbow that’s fine. But since the thread title is a 23k maul, and the “Huge mauls” are coming off of upscales its kind of annoying since its not the highest burst.
- Also I cant record my stuff or else I would maybe someday.
-Also check your runes for your little predicament

@Rumm
Juvenile Jungle Stalker gives 5 stacks of might
Warhorn 5 1 might stack
Signets give you 9 stacks of might
You are now at 15
Depending on if you use might on swap, etc might food
you could be at a bit more
Rampage As One takes care of the rest and on your pets initial strike 1 stack of might and from that point on when your pet attacks and you attack you both gain might

combined you should be well above 20 stacks
And your pet at 25 for sure from the traits we have traited into

-Cheers mate.

Help

in Ranger

Bababu.3852

@BountyHunter: I already solved my mystery (big facepalm -,- ) But nonetheless thanks alot.
Of course might stacking is op. 175 might alone from 5 might stacks of the pet.
That’s a whole 875 might on 25 stacks.
Which is equal to nearly 3 times our Power trait tree…. 3 times…

Might stacking is op as hell …. that’s why i stated in the video, that this is not the max dmg at all… just watch it closely to the end and you will see…

in Ranger

Posted by: AlietteFaye.7316

AlietteFaye.7316

I also posted a video on this a while ago before this patch. Buff to the Signet of the Beastmaster makes it even better.
Here’s the video I had prior to the patch:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZCPU2zF3108

twitch.tv/aliettefaye

in Ranger

IBountyHunterI.4601

@BountyHunter: I already solved my mystery (big facepalm -,- ) But nonetheless thanks alot.
Of course might stacking is op. 175 might alone from 5 might stacks of the pet.
That’s a whole 875 might on 25 stacks.
Which is equal to nearly 3 times our Power trait tree…. 3 times…

Might stacking is op as hell …. that’s why i stated in the video, that this is not the max dmg at all… just watch it closely to the end and you will see…

Oh haha, what was the big mystery anyways? PM me or something if its too big of a facepalm.

Yeah stack that might :P

Help

(edited by IBountyHunterI.4601)

in Ranger

Bababu.3852

Facepalm was i forgot the rune power and the bufffood vit →power. I noticed it when i went back ingame and swapped my gear again -,-

in Ranger

Posted by: Forzani.2584

Forzani.2584

These are great ideas…..and a lot of fun trying to craft the “perfect” build. I had never considered Might as a possibility but it is a nice addition. I for sure am going to add the new kitty. I don’t think I can go with the signet might…even though I use 3 signets. To do so I would have to give up LB range and 5% damage trait. I think it is needed when my LB does most of my damage.

When someone uses the word ‘Meta’, a kitten dies. Don’t do it.

in Ranger

Posted by: Forzani.2584

Forzani.2584

Read the first post again please ! The build is using Valkyre set, not berserker, because we gain dmg from Vitality. ……..

We also gain dmg from Sigil of bloodlust, and in pve you won’t keep those stacks up. Overall you won’t have that much dmg and only a ~20% crit chance
With berserker stats we loose all the dmg we get from vitality(which is in fact not that much).

Just noticed this. What do you mean you get damage from vitality ?

If that is in fact true…and I have never heard that before, you lose 11% crit chance without zerker armor. How do you make up for that ?

Edit: Strength of Spirit …gotcha

When someone uses the word ‘Meta’, a kitten dies. Don’t do it.

(edited by Forzani.2584)

in Ranger

Posted by: Paz Shadow.9715

Paz Shadow.9715

I use full zerker, swapped out my longbow traits for sigil-gs oriented build and yeah it’s some real fun, a lot of pre planning for the hit though (pop all sigils, get bloodlust, etc..) but it was nice to see hits above 12k

Green Eye of Grenth | PR Officer | JQ

in Ranger

Posted by: Xhyros.1340

Xhyros.1340

Read the first post again please ! The build is using Valkyre set, not berserker, because we gain dmg from Vitality. ……..

We also gain dmg from Sigil of bloodlust, and in pve you won’t keep those stacks up. Overall you won’t have that much dmg and only a ~20% crit chance

Just noticed this. What do you mean you get damage from vitality ?

If that is in fact true…and I have never heard that before, you lose 11% crit chance without zerker armor. How do you make up for that ?

Edit: Strength of Spirit …gotcha

Also, sharpening stones.

in Ranger

jubskie.3152

Added to the compilation thread!

Doing It With Style
www.exg-guild.com

in Ranger

jubskie.3152

I dont care about karma at all :P I just don’t know how the system works in reddit but i thought more karma helps to get more viewers.

So everyone feel free to post it on reddit, whenever you want. I won’t do it again.

And done! Posted it here: http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/1ixi5d/23k_crits_from_a_ranger_o_o/

Doing It With Style
www.exg-guild.com

in Ranger

Posted by: Shiren.9532

Shiren.9532

How viable is a “glass” valkyrie build when zerging in WvW? Survival is key there, especially with a melee weapon. I know when it comes to open field battles, the zerg with the most glass cannons is usually the one that loses. Glass cannons are usually free rallies with the current meta.

in Ranger

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

Valkyrie is plenty viable. My DD ele runs it just fine and so can my guardian.

Toughness isn’t what saves you in a zerg. Blocks/immunities/evades/reflects and water fields do.

Whether you have 1.2 or 2k toughness doesn’t matter, I’ve tested my BM ranger and glass cannon ranger, and if you get rooted/stunned in a zerg and they turn their attention to you you’re dead in seconds regardless.