AF does not degen now

AF does not degen now

in Ranger

Posted by: Oh My God.8423

Oh My God.8423

Ranger

Pack Alpha: Fixed a bug in which this trait was not applying its recharge reduction to some of the new pet skills on the Bristleback, Smokescale, Fire Wyvern, and Electric Wyvern.
Druid—Terminate Celestial Avatar: Updated description text on this skill.
Druid—Astral force no longer degenerates out of combat.

I have tested it briefly before the game crashed. It was “better”; at least I can now actually use CA in a fight.

AF generation still feels slow. But I guess I can still heal outside CA by using traited Glyphs and Staff skills. More testing is needed to see how Druid can support a team in difficult situations.

One thing I would like to add though: the rate of generation of AF could be tied to the Healing stat; that is higher the stat, faster AF is generated and perhaps shorter the cool down too. It would really benefit someone going full healing stat.

AF does not degen now

in Ranger

Posted by: Staggs.9372

Staggs.9372

I don’t think going full healing has its place in PvP, and in PvE, we already have enough generation as healers. It’s just a matter of positioning and build.

Also, how are you going to heal threw glyphs outside of CA except for the healing one?

AF does not degen now

in Ranger

Posted by: HotHit.6783

HotHit.6783

I don’t think going full healing has its place in PvP, and in PvE, we already have enough generation as healers. It’s just a matter of positioning and build.

Also, how are you going to heal threw glyphs outside of CA except for the healing one?

Traited glyphs drop seeds of life, which can give you up to five heal procs of Astral Force. As a Ranger with good positioning, it’s not too much of a stretch to assume you can get two procs per glyph as minimum. It’s not much but better than most.

Never Fight Alone” – Sunspear Creed
There, it’s dead and it’s never coming back!” – Famous last words

AF does not degen now

in Ranger

Oh My God.8423

After some events (before crashing), I come to realise that healing Druid has to be at mid to melee range to be effective.

Yes, the said Druid can stay at the back and use Staff 1 and be done with it; and use CA 1 and 2 for further heal. But in order to take advantage of all the heal support functions, the Druid has to stay close to the action, or at least where most people are standing, which can be troublesome since people run around a lot.

I have a feeling that most of the heal will come from Staff and Glyphs. CA at best offers burst heal when things start to get rough. At least now you can safe it for when the time is right.

AF does not degen now

in Ranger

Posted by: Lord Trejgon.2809

Lord Trejgon.2809

Traited glyphs drop seeds of life, which can give you up to five heal procs of Astral Force. As a Ranger with good positioning, it’s not too much of a stretch to assume you can get two procs per glyph as minimum. It’s not much but better than most.

my only issue with druid perks is that glyph perk is fighting for a slot with natural stride perk and I do prefer natural stride after all….

btw is it me or glyph heal with perk giving aoe heal around you when you use healing skill procs AF twice per cast?

“-Shield is meant to be broken!”
“-and on this occasion I keep mine plate armors”
discussion about offensive/deffensive playstyles

AF does not degen now

in Ranger

Oh My God.8423

my only issue with druid perks is that glyph perk is fighting for a slot with natural stride perk and I do prefer natural stride after all….

btw is it me or glyph heal with perk giving aoe heal around you when you use healing skill procs AF twice per cast?

Just switch between Signet of the Hunt and one of the Glyphs when you need the mobility. It is less inconvenient that switching between traits.

AF does not degen now

in Ranger

Posted by: Staggs.9372

Staggs.9372

Fair point, it just slipped my mind there for a second.