ANET addressing 1h Sword

ANET addressing 1h Sword

in Ranger

Posted by: Tuluum.9638

Tuluum.9638

Almost forgot. No new weapons until what we have are addressed and balanced. Adding something new without a solid foundation is always a recipe for disaster. That’s why I cannot support dagger as a main hand option until all ranger weapons are working optimally. We have some weapons still that need work.

The problem with this mentality is that balance is an iterative process and will never reach perfection. If this is the design philosophy, we’ll get nothing but back and forth tweaks from patch to patch without ever getting anything new.

We do agree on that.

Even in an ideal, perfect world.. such balance is very, very difficult. And we dont live in an ideal perfect world.

If they decided to “perfect” what they have, I dont think anything new would ever be released again.

Its just a matter of balance (ironically), gotta make adjustments, but still add in new things. Nothing will ever be perfectly balanced, and even if it was, I am not sure there is any metric or objective measure to truly determine it.

Regardless of how any of us feel about the 1h sword, I think we can all agree that “perfection” is simply not available. Trying to achieve it isnt necessarily a bad thing, but doing so at the expense of new additions will lead to many that stop playing.

I think the slow addition of more weapons for different classes can kind of remove the stagnation that slowly arises. I really wish they would implement a system where we could collect skills, similar to GW1. Perhaps not in the same scope, or even the same implementation, but the same concept.

Heck, maybe even just cosmetic changes to a skill like Maul, where you can select what “animal” or whatever shows up when you do the attack. No balance needed for that!

Henosis [ONE]
06-04-13
NEVER FORGET

ANET addressing 1h Sword

in Ranger

Posted by: GUFF.5692

GUFF.5692

I just don’t think its healthy for the ranger community as a whole when other rangers refuse to a weapon because of the game design of that weapon. It’s also very bad for us as a whole when other rangers spam “Learn to play noob” making other other rangers feel terrible about the class just because they don’t like a flawed game mechanic. Instead, we should not be happy with the status quo and need to continue to push ANET to improve the ranger to a point where all rangers can feel usefull/happy with any weapon set or build in all game modes.

They CAN do this with the 1HS sword in a way that makes everyone happy. They can do it without destroying the love so many have for weapon while making others finally see how awesome it is. Agreed, nothing is perfect but there is room for improvement.

I also agree having new things is great. Having a new weapon to try would be killer! One reason I have stuck with ranger is we have a variety of weapons that are interesting making gameplay fun. I really haven’t played another class that has so many interesting weapon choices. They are making progress on us with each patch. A new weapon should something to look forward to in the future.

Sarhaz [CDS]

I was a ranger before shortbow had 1200m range AND after it didn’t…

ANET addressing 1h Sword

in Ranger

Posted by: DarkWasp.7291

DarkWasp.7291

@DarkWasp – it isn’t random direction – if you don’t target anything it always will be – in direction which Your character by mechanics face – so If you want to leap in another direction just press RMB rotate camera in required direction and click “1” (be carefull that isn’t working with LMB)

When I say random I’m referring to a general GW2 issue that all classes share. There have been plenty of cases were I (and I’ve heard many others complain as well) have dodge rolled in a direction I’m not facing even while holding down right click (which I’m doing all the time).

The game’s skill queuing isn’t perfect or lag free, and those little mishaps are greatly exaggerated by the length of the jump the 1h sword allows you to make.

And again I’m talking PvE. I really don’t have many problems with the 1h sword in PvP even though I do see potential for an enemy who was watching carefully to take advantage of our sort of disabled state, no one that I’ve played against seems to have gotten to that level of diligence yet.

However in PvE the sword’s movement advantages have little to no effect. AI enemies aren’t commonly trying to run away or kite in any way. If it wasn’t for the superior DPS of the 1h sword I wouldn’t use it in PvE because almost all meaningful encounters involve either a standstill boss or an enemy that runs toward and not away from you.

The mobility of the GS is just better all around in PvE, but it lacks in damage and space for the new and wonderful CC spam that we can get from equipping an offhand axe.

Oh and my “1” is bound to a thumb button on my mouse.

^ Uses Guild Wars 2 character screenshots for desktop wallpapers.

ANET addressing 1h Sword

in Ranger

Tuluum.9638

@Guff;

I am not so sure that it is so clearly divided as you present.

I am not saying “learn to play noob.” But, the 1h sword DOES require some practice. There are many more viewpoints than just elitists vs “everyone else.” I actually think that attitude, specifically, is more divisionary to the ranger community than anything that is said about one specific aspect. It doesnt just happen with the 1h sword either, the attitude is present in almost every aspect of online games and I feel it is detrimental across the board. And not just because of the elitists, but also because of those who broadly paint others as elitists regardless of topic.

The thing is though, I do not feel the weapon is flawed. It does seem out of place in respect to other weapon choices across the class spectrum, but I do not feel that leads directly to a conclusion of a “flaw.”

The reality, however, is that Anet is going to do what Anet is going to do.

What we can all agree on, again, is that Ranger (and every class really) has some major room for improvements.

I know that anet has said they want massive amounts of build diversity, but not many (none that I am aware of actually) classes have this.

I think the only issue in having an “eccentric” weapon like the sword is that there arent many options that are available for melee gameplay.

I think this issue could be resolved by either implementing new weapons to fill in the gaps, or giving the ability to customize attack animations and specifics (but not damage) through skills that can be achieved through play. Perhaps even a combination of the two.

At the extreme end (to make a point), I dont think any of this would even come up as a topic if every class had access to every weapon. Some would be harder to use, some easier, but it would have a higher likelihood of an individual player finding that weapon set that just “works” for their playstyle and mindset.

Trying to get each and every weapon to appeal to everyone may be more difficult than simply giving many options that are cosmetically adjusted by skills that are earned in-game.

I think we are all looking for the same thing, but we should focus on a concept to achieve that, instead of focusing on very specific aspects that will not address the problem as a whole.

Henosis [ONE]
06-04-13
NEVER FORGET

ANET addressing 1h Sword

in Ranger

GUFF.5692

@Tuluum

So you don’t agree with giving the ranger the ability to cancel the leap animation during the sword autoattack by hitting the left or right strafe key? You don’t agree even though this change would in no way effect your gameplay or use of the sword? Is this correct?

Sarhaz [CDS]

ANET addressing 1h Sword

in Ranger

Posted by: Stooperdale.3560

Stooperdale.3560

To all the idiots who think this is learn to play … the animation is bad. If a doorknob is broken and needs a special twist to open then someone can skillfully master that twist but the doorknob is still broken. The same is true of the ranger sword. Players can skillfully master it but it is still broken. Auto-attack skills should be the simplest skills that players can use and should not be a handicap in any way.

Personally I find the animation ugly and out of character for my ranger as well. It suits a dervish, berserker, or weapons expert rather than a ranger. It does not suit a tactical fighter that uses traps, spirits, and ranged skills.

ANET addressing 1h Sword

in Ranger

Posted by: Chokolata.1870

Chokolata.1870

u can cancel it between the attack chain steps , not during leaps . You buff pet and do great dps while homing in on the target, but you have to learn to time it better. It is a fair trade off and this game needs more weapons like this, not less

ANET addressing 1h Sword

in Ranger

Posted by: Dante.1508

Dante.1508

People, the problem is one of asymmetry. Why should ranger 1h sword be the ONLY WEAPON IN THE ENTIRE GAME that has an autoattack skill that requires micromanagement?

I can see why it might be desirable if they didn’t have EVERY OTHER #1 SKILL IN THE GAME just autopilot with no issues, but currently, it just creates annoying asymmetry and needs to be addressed.

Plus, it’s a simple change- dodging should interrupt animations anyway, they do on most attacks. I don’t think anyone is requesting that they rework the skills entirely, like everyone seems to assume people that make this request are suggesting.

Its very simple, some people have zero issue with how it currently is. Beyond that, we are able to use it greatly to our advantage in its current form. Is it for everybody? No, it isnt. But, it does appeal to some of us who actually like to practice with their weapons to get good at even the basics.

I think a better solution, rather than satisfying one set of players at the expense of others, would be to implement MH dagger with the attributes that many are seeking with the 1h sword.

I am still flabbergasted that anyone at all thinks that the lockdown ability of the sword auto attack chain needs to be changed to fix this problem. It does not. Just simply allow the user to break the animation chain by simple ui interaction. Character movement could be one trigger (strafe left right for example). Allowing the user the initiate a dodge roll could be another. This would allow the user to keep the stick like glue ability when wanted but gives you the option to break the chain and actually pull off a defensive maneuver. It would allow the elitist sword crowd to keep their candy and the rest of us who value complete character control at all times to be very happy with this exceptional weapon. The sword is one our best weapons by far but don’t downplay poor game design just to satisfy your ego.

That’s all i ask a way to break the animation, as we cannot, and on Asura the animation lasts 10 sec at least maybe more…

I’m actually more shocked at how many find this broken skill fine, when it obviously is far from it, is it used for some exploit or something because that’s how you guys seem to be coming across with your demands to keep it…..

u can cancel it between the attack chain steps , not during leaps . You buff pet and do great dps while homing in on the target, but you have to learn to time it better. It is a fair trade off and this game needs more weapons like this, not less

Asura 1 hand sword Animation is one continuous leap/spin not three like human and norns..you cannot break it in the 3 steps if you try it pulls you back to the target, Auto attack or not

(edited by Dante.1508)

ANET addressing 1h Sword

in Ranger

Posted by: Kain Francois.4328

Kain Francois.4328

I’m actually more shocked at how many find this broken skill fine, when it obviously is far from it, is it used for some exploit or something because that’s how you guys seem to be coming across with your demands to keep it…..

I’m shocked people fail to understand the point of this thread.

All I was asking is for people help make it the next SoTG question what ANET plans for 1h sword. Instead people are arguing, which is pretty stupid considering the question is relevant whether or not this is a “l2p” issue.

You could definitely tell what people are like socially, by the fact they are arguing about something completely irrelevant to this thread.

ANET addressing 1h Sword

in Ranger

Dante.1508

I’m shocked people fail to understand the point of this thread.

All I was asking is for people help make it the next SoTG question what ANET plans for 1h sword. Instead people are arguing, which is pretty stupid considering the question is relevant whether or not this is a “l2p” issue.

You could definitely tell what people are like socially, by the fact they are arguing about something completely irrelevant to this thread.

Broken 1 hand first skill is far from irrelevant, its needed fixing since the game opened..

ANET addressing 1h Sword

in Ranger

Posted by: Diehard.1432

Diehard.1432

People, the problem is one of asymmetry. Why should ranger 1h sword be the ONLY WEAPON IN THE ENTIRE GAME that has an autoattack skill that requires micromanagement?

I can see why it might be desirable if they didn’t have EVERY OTHER #1 SKILL IN THE GAME just autopilot with no issues, but currently, it just creates annoying asymmetry and needs to be addressed.

Plus, it’s a simple change- dodging should interrupt animations anyway, they do on most attacks. I don’t think anyone is requesting that they rework the skills entirely, like everyone seems to assume people that make this request are suggesting.

Its very simple, some people have zero issue with how it currently is. Beyond that, we are able to use it greatly to our advantage in its current form. Is it for everybody? No, it isnt. But, it does appeal to some of us who actually like to practice with their weapons to get good at even the basics.

I think a better solution, rather than satisfying one set of players at the expense of others, would be to implement MH dagger with the attributes that many are seeking with the 1h sword.

I am still flabbergasted that anyone at all thinks that the lockdown ability of the sword auto attack chain needs to be changed to fix this problem. It does not. Just simply allow the user to break the animation chain by simple ui interaction. Character movement could be one trigger (strafe left right for example). Allowing the user the initiate a dodge roll could be another. This would allow the user to keep the stick like glue ability when wanted but gives you the option to break the chain and actually pull off a defensive maneuver. It would allow the elitist sword crowd to keep their candy and the rest of us who value complete character control at all times to be very happy with this exceptional weapon. The sword is one our best weapons by far but don’t downplay poor game design just to satisfy your ego.

That’s all i ask a way to break the animation, as we cannot, and on Asura the animation lasts 10 sec at least maybe more…

Asura 1 hand sword Animation is one continuous leap/spin not three like human and norns..you cannot break it in the 3 steps if you try it pulls you back to the target, Auto attack or not

Thats just low..not cool dude. Now you accuse us of exploiting the mechanics just because we are more comfortable with it? We have just as much rights as yours to demand it to stay.

Garuda X, lvl 80 human Siamoth Ranger JQ SEA
[VaL]

ANET addressing 1h Sword

in Ranger

Posted by: Shiren.9532

Shiren.9532

For as long as the sword holds the mantle as the highest DPS weapon the ranger has access to it needs to be usable in every setting, particularly group PvE. The crappy root effect might not matter so much in sPvP but it in PvE it kills the weapon for any challenging content.

ANET addressing 1h Sword

in Ranger

Kain Francois.4328

Broken 1 hand first skill is far from irrelevant, its needed fixing since the game opened..

See? You just proved my point.

I’m not sure whether or not my posts are clear, but I didn’t make this thread for people to argue whether or not 1h sword should be fixed.

ANET addressing 1h Sword

in Ranger

Kain Francois.4328

I’m not sure whether or not my posts are clear, but I didn’t make this thread for people to argue whether or not 1h sword should be fixed.

ANET addressing 1h Sword

in Ranger

Tuluum.9638

@Tuluum

So you don’t agree with giving the ranger the ability to cancel the leap animation during the sword autoattack by hitting the left or right strafe key? You don’t agree even though this change would in no way effect your gameplay or use of the sword? Is this correct?

If that is what the majority want, then I will have no choice but to go with it.

It would change my gameplay, thats the thing. I do not spam 1-1-1-1, I very selectively choose when and where to use each part of the chain. When I really want to stick to someone, I target them and follow.

I suggested a different solution, but people get stuck on what they want, including even saying things like they “get stuck in the animation for 10 seconds.” I mean, come on…

I offered a different solution, and many still seem to stick on “Nuh uh! I want it MY way, and you are all elitist for liking it!”

Do as you will, I definitely dont care about it as much as you guys.

Henosis [ONE]
06-04-13
NEVER FORGET

ANET addressing 1h Sword

in Ranger

Tuluum.9638

For as long as the sword holds the mantle as the highest DPS weapon the ranger has access to it needs to be usable in every setting, particularly group PvE. The crappy root effect might not matter so much in sPvP but it in PvE it kills the weapon for any challenging content.

I will have to concede this point, as I dont know otherwise.

I try to stay out of PvE as much as possible, and it really is a different ballgame. Of course, doing something with the sword is the least of the Rangers problems, afaik, when it comes to a lot of PvE content like dungeons.

Henosis [ONE]
06-04-13
NEVER FORGET

ANET addressing 1h Sword

in Ranger

Posted by: Durzlla.6295

Durzlla.6295

To the people claiming auto attack can be on and being optimal, as long as Confusion and Retaliation exist in this game, you are wrong, that is all, 1h Sword is fine.

They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family.
As their mother, I have to grant them their wish. – Forever Fyonna

ANET addressing 1h Sword

in Ranger

Posted by: Bryzy.2719

Bryzy.2719

This is quite annoying. Out of every Ranger weapon the 1h sword alongside the greatsword is the one i have the fewest worries about. A Ranger in this game is predominantly an archery combatant (and yes it is – read the wiki and Anet’s official definition for Ranger) and as such I would like to see buffs to the longbow and shortbow – both of which are diabolical and an insult to an archer-type profession.

ANET addressing 1h Sword

in Ranger

Posted by: DarkWasp.7291

DarkWasp.7291

We shouldn’t have any greater or lesser concerns or worries.

This game needs more viable builds to keep it fresh, especially in PvE.

That includes every weapon, various traits, conditions and the way we move.

^ Uses Guild Wars 2 character screenshots for desktop wallpapers.

ANET addressing 1h Sword

in Ranger

Tuluum.9638

We shouldn’t have any greater or lesser concerns or worries.

This game needs more viable builds to keep it fresh, especially in PvE.

That includes every weapon, various traits, conditions and the way we move.

I completely agree, and that goes for every class too.

They (anet) said they are aware of this though, so hopefully we will see some improvements

Henosis [ONE]
06-04-13
NEVER FORGET

ANET addressing 1h Sword

in Ranger

GUFF.5692

@Tuluum

If that is what the majority want, then I will have no choice but to go with it.

It would change my gameplay, thats the thing. I do not spam 1-1-1-1, I very selectively choose when and where to use each part of the chain. When I really want to stick to someone, I target them and follow.

I suggested a different solution, but people get stuck on what they want, including even saying things like they “get stuck in the animation for 10 seconds.” I mean, come on…

I offered a different solution, and many still seem to stick on “Nuh uh! I want it MY way, and you are all elitist for liking it!”

Do as you will, I definitely dont care about it as much as you guys.

Unless you hit your left or right strafe keys DURING the leap animation part of the attack chain it WOULD NOT change your gameplay. It simply gives people the option to cancel the animation and not finish their forward momentum during the last part of the attack animation.

That means you can still carefully select your timing with no changes in that mentality. It would not effect you because you do not hit your left or right strafe keys during the leap part of the attack animation. I doubt anyone does this since it currently serves no purpose to do so.

Also, your idea of adding a new weapon choice it not very efficient from a developer point of view. It requires more resources to add something new than it does to optimize existing in game assets to solve problems. Frankly, it skirts around the issue with the sword instead of addressing it head on.

ANET can address the issue with the sword auto attack chain in both PVP/PVE in one fell swoop (pun intended) by allowing us to cancel the leap animation by hitting the left or right strafe keys.

Sarhaz [CDS]

ANET addressing 1h Sword

in Ranger

Posted by: cafard.8953

cafard.8953

I’m a bit in the middle of the debate i guess. While yes, i do think there’s something that should be fixed so a dodge could interrupt the chain, i do not trust the dev/balance team to do it without breaking something else. Either adding a ridiculous delay in the middle, or changing the skills themselves, ending up with the chain no longer ‘sticking’ to the target.

It is tricky to use, but the way it sticks to its target is really really useful. I’d rather have it in the current bugged state you need to work around by yourself rather than see it destroyed by a ‘fix’.

Olaf Oakmane [KA]
Save the Bell Choir activity!

ANET addressing 1h Sword

in Ranger

Posted by: Lambent.6375

Lambent.6375

Well, I wont say it’s 100% perfect.

If they are able to find a way for evade to cancel out the leap of 1h sword, that would be great, and there is like a half second or so period where you can not dodge after the Ponce skill has been used, and your attack has been completed, unless that is just some strange lag on my end, try it and see. (If I try to dodge right after using pounce, my character will just stand there)

“Caithe, someday you’ll see, Tyria needs me. -Scarlet”

ANET addressing 1h Sword

in Ranger

Posted by: Manekk.6981

Manekk.6981

there is no problem, its an l2p issue

To some extent yes, but there is a slight problem with it though even if you turn autocast off you’ll get locked into the leap animation when in melee range and I’m quite positive we all at some point needed to dodge just then and were unable to because of it, turning off autocast will make it easier and faster to break the chain but you still have the animations to deal with in melee and they do get you killed from time to time.

Would be nice if something could be done about it without removing the leap entirely, not sure how though perhaps having the other evades on the weapon always cancel other skills would be a way if they activated faster that is atleast hornet sting wich is always too slow I wish they’d remove the damage on it and turn it into a plain evade or remove the damage and turn the sting into a blind.

(edited by Manekk.6981)

ANET addressing 1h Sword

in Ranger

Tuluum.9638

Frankly, it skirts around the issue with the sword instead of addressing it head on.

There is no issue for some of us. Thats the point. It may require more resources to add a weapon, but it also addresses a myriad of other issues beyond just one small aspect, where one percentage of the population struggles. Again though, some have an issue with the sword, some dont. I think they should put resources into areas where the issues are more universal, or where the solutions address class-wide problems, if you want to go down the “resource” route.

The rest is just rehashing what has already been said. Hell, I have even said I might end up enjoying the dodge in the middle of leaps. But, it absolutely would require me to change my playstyle. To be blunt, I would know this better than you. I do not have a typical playstyle on any class, and the fact that no one uses my builds reflects this.

I had to change my playstyle drastically with the last patch as well, but I have ended up enjoying the new build I am working with.

Keep on keepin on though. :P

Henosis [ONE]
06-04-13
NEVER FORGET

ANET addressing 1h Sword

in Ranger

Posted by: Manekk.6981

Manekk.6981

Ok, now you’ve made me laugh. I probably should ignore this, but I simply can’t.

l2p issue? Really? What, now it’s “I’m a pro player and you’re not, because I mash 1 and you only press it once”?

Thing is, the root that Sword 1 involves is a bug. It has been acknowledged as such by Anet long ago. Therefore we can, and we should, expect it to be fixed.

I’ve never heard them say that, it’s not a bug it’s because the no1 chain involves leaps in melee this will feel like a root because you get locked into the leap animation it can cause problems sometimes but it’s not a bug.

ANET addressing 1h Sword

in Ranger

GUFF.5692

Frankly, it skirts around the issue with the sword instead of addressing it head on.

There is no issue for some of us. Thats the point. It may require more resources to add a weapon, but it also addresses a myriad of other issues beyond just one small aspect, where one percentage of the population struggles. Again though, some have an issue with the sword, some dont. I think they should put resources into areas where the issues are more universal, or where the solutions address class-wide problems, if you want to go down the “resource” route.

The rest is just rehashing what has already been said. Hell, I have even said I might end up enjoying the dodge in the middle of leaps. But, it absolutely would require me to change my playstyle. To be blunt, I would know this better than you. I do not have a typical playstyle on any class, and the fact that no one uses my builds reflects this.

I had to change my playstyle drastically with the last patch as well, but I have ended up enjoying the new build I am working with.

Keep on keepin on though. :P

I guess it’s fine if a player does not want full control over their character during an auto attack chain. I know I prefer that. I just spent twenty minutes doing some testing in the mists trying some things.

Powerstab the final part of the auto attack chain of the GS allows you to cancel the attack animation with a dodge enabling full control over defensive maneuvers at all times using auto attack with the GS. Granted, it’s not really a big deal since powerstab is an evade.

After my testing I think allowing players to initiate a dodge roll during kick or pounce with the sword would also be the best solution since you can do so with auto attacks on other melee weapons.

Please expound on how hitting another key or command that is not currently required to use the sword would change your gameplay in the future. I really want to know to better understand your position.

Sarhaz [CDS]

(edited by GUFF.5692)

ANET addressing 1h Sword

in Ranger

GUFF.5692

Ok, now you’ve made me laugh. I probably should ignore this, but I simply can’t.

l2p issue? Really? What, now it’s “I’m a pro player and you’re not, because I mash 1 and you only press it once”?

Thing is, the root that Sword 1 involves is a bug. It has been acknowledged as such by Anet long ago. Therefore we can, and we should, expect it to be fixed.

I’ve never heard them say that, it’s not a bug it’s because the no1 chain involves leaps in melee this will feel like a root because you get locked into the leap animation it can cause problems sometimes but it’s not a bug.

Yeah, I don’t think it’s a bug either just part of the animation of pounce and to a much lesser extent kick.

Sarhaz [CDS]

ANET addressing 1h Sword

in Ranger

Posted by: Solandri.9640

Solandri.9640

I think a better solution, rather than satisfying one set of players at the expense of others,

How does allowing dodge to override leap come at the expense of the playstyle of those who like sword as-is?

I’m fine with sword as-is, but I intensely dislike having to turn auto-attack on or off depending on what weapon I’m using. I used to leave auto-attack on and hit esc-dodge, but for some reason that doesn’t seem to work anymore now that I’ve been away from the game for 3 months. So I’m now forced to toggle auto-attack when I switch to sword.

If they made it so a dodge command overrode a leap (so you can break out of sword’s autoattack chain) and made you stop attacking, that would pretty much fix everything without hurting anyone.

ANET addressing 1h Sword

in Ranger

Posted by: rchu.8945

rchu.8945

Here’s your opportunity for ANET to address 1h Sword!

Battosai will be questioning ANET during State of the Game. He will be taking questions from the Ranger forum.

If you want to see ANET address dodge on 1h Sword, show your support in this thread!
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/ranger/State-of-the-Game-suggestions-questions/first#post2308121

who cares about melee weapons? Anet need to re-instate SB or add more range weapsons.

Sanctum of Rall
Pain Train Choo [Choo]
Mind Smack – Mesmer

ANET addressing 1h Sword

in Ranger

Posted by: Einlanzer.1627

Einlanzer.1627

Here’s your opportunity for ANET to address 1h Sword!

Battosai will be questioning ANET during State of the Game. He will be taking questions from the Ranger forum.

If you want to see ANET address dodge on 1h Sword, show your support in this thread!
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/ranger/State-of-the-Game-suggestions-questions/first#post2308121

who cares about melee weapons? Anet need to re-instate SB or add more range weapsons.

This isn’t WoW’s hunter, lots of people care about melee weapons.

ANET addressing 1h Sword

in Ranger

Dante.1508

Thats just low..not cool dude. Now you accuse us of exploiting the mechanics just because we are more comfortable with it? We have just as much rights as yours to demand it to stay.

I didn’t Accuse anyone i asked, i’m just quite shocked that anyone would find such a broken skill great to use, i wondered if there was some reason people had found to use it with.

Because honestly for me and a multitude of others this skill is the equivalent of Suicide in WvW and some PvE like dungeons..

You brought up 1 hand sword i’m pointing out what people (not just me) think of it, also the whole mechanic of the first skill needs a look at (even if its just for Asura Rangers), sorry if that counters what you think.

(edited by Dante.1508)

ANET addressing 1h Sword

in Ranger

Posted by: UrMom.4205

UrMom.4205

i swear to god..if you people complain about an “issue” and get the sword nerfed in some way or other i’m going to rage so freakin hard. We all know the more attention we get the more nerfed we get…can we go back to complaining about nerfs that have already happened..

Team Raven [TR](Dead)
Wu Táng Financial [Táng] – YB

ANET addressing 1h Sword

in Ranger

Posted by: Daemon.4295

Daemon.4295

i swear to god..if you people complain about an “issue” and get the sword nerfed in some way or other i’m going to rage so freakin hard. We all know the more attention we get the more nerfed we get…can we go back to complaining about nerfs that have already happened..

You know it’s gonna happen…

Ayana Wenona (Ranger) | Doctor Skorn (Necro) | Electra Lux (Elementalist)
Scarlett Daguer (Thief) | Gritt Bloodstone (Warrior) | Sirius Zand (Guardian)
- Whiteside Ridge [EU] -