Bristleback Nerf

Bristleback Nerf

in Ranger

Posted by: psizone.8437

psizone.8437

Quick, cry in the Warrior forums, Gunblaze hits too hard! A class mechanics can’t be one shotting zerker Thieves!

Same for Mesmer Shatters, if all clones hit then everything dies! What were they thinking about?! They can use it at range and still go dodge and run whilst they fight!

Bleh, nerfs like these annoy me. Pets are our kitten class mechanic, why the hell aren’t they allowed to hit for a large amount on a cooldown? Nevermind the fact that Bristlebacks F2 was completely avoidable.

Brotherhood of Blub [blub]

Bristleback Nerf

in Ranger

Posted by: bearshaman.3421

bearshaman.3421

Honestly, I don’t mind the fact that our weapon damage isn’t all that great because ideally the pet should be doing at least half of our damage output (thematically speaking).

That said, I am likewise annoyed by the number of fights where we are punished if our pet is left on active in dungeons and fractals. Having to put it on passive is a major DPS loss for us.

Bristleback Nerf

in Ranger

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

Quick, cry in the Warrior forums, Gunblaze hits too hard! A class mechanics can’t be one shotting zerker Thieves!

Same for Mesmer Shatters, if all clones hit then everything dies! What were they thinking about?! They can use it at range and still go dodge and run whilst they fight!

Bleh, nerfs like these annoy me. Pets are our kitten class mechanic, why the hell aren’t they allowed to hit for a large amount on a cooldown? Nevermind the fact that Bristlebacks F2 was completely avoidable.

It’s pretty simple. Pets scale off of their own stats, leading to unusually high burst from very tanky players. It still hits hard, just not AS hard. That has always been an interesting perk, yet, problem with ranger as a whole and a large part of what makes balancing them so difficult. Some have suggested having pets scale from the Ranger’s stats, but I think most would find that it would have more of a negative impact on pets than positive. Even now, it’s bar better than base pets, so you’re not really at a loss.

Frankly, I’d consider yourselves lucky, and I’m sure Revenants and Scrappers will have their time to get nerfs too.

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

Bristleback Nerf

in Ranger

Posted by: Crapgame.6519

Crapgame.6519

and I’m sure Revenants and Scrappers will have their time to get nerfs too.

Sure, just not as quick. That is the frustration with most players of Rangers and/or Druids.

Main – Laaz Rocket – Guardian (Ehmry Bay)
Johnny Johnny – Ranger (Ehmry Bay)
Hárvey Wallbanger – Alt Warrior (Ehmry Bay)

Bristleback Nerf

in Ranger

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

Sure, just not as quick. That is the frustration with most players of Rangers and/or Druids.

I can’t argue with that. I was just as surprised as anyone to see nothing on Revenant/Scrapper in that patch. I assume it’s because Reaper and Scrapper was easy to fix, Revenant and Scrapper’s problems are due to a powerful mixed bag, so handling it needs to be done with more finesse. Of course, the sooner the better.

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

Bristleback Nerf

in Ranger

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

Revenants won’t be nerfed for a looong time. They’re the golden child of HoT. Until then, everyone else can suck it (except scrappers).

Bristleback Nerf

in Ranger

Posted by: SqualZell.7813

SqualZell.7813

what an amazing nerf again from anet Woww bristleback really dead! Hitting only around 20k.. we need kill shot pet in pvp. Please tell your genius planner developer or who is responsible

20k damage
IF you stand still
IF you actually get hit with all of the shots…
IF you are wearing zerker meta.

so yes useless! and no, this is not balance, this is favoritism

Bristleback Nerf

in Ranger

Posted by: Zenos Osgorma.2936

Zenos Osgorma.2936

what an amazing nerf again from anet Woww bristleback really dead! Hitting only around 20k.. we need kill shot pet in pvp. Please tell your genius planner developer or who is responsible

20k damage
IF you stand still
IF you actually get hit with all of the shots…
IF you are wearing zerker meta.

so yes useless! and no, this is not balance, this is favoritism

If the pet has Signet of wild boost with , Predators onslaught and Grace of land boosts aslo that takes time to charge up and a personal dps down time to use Celestial skills

Bristleback Nerf

in Ranger

Posted by: Tragic Positive.9356

Tragic Positive.9356

If the pet has Signet of wild boost with , Predators onslaught and Grace of land boosts aslo that takes time to charge up and a personal dps down time to use Celestial skills

Which means if the player has an IQ of spit-out chewing gum.
No one’s gonna build for those in PvP.

And in PvE we still are low on personal DPS. Regardless of build.

“Observe, learn and counter.”

Bristleback Nerf

in Ranger

Posted by: EvilZombie.6801

EvilZombie.6801

constant nerfing ranger/druid makes me wonder those so called “PRO Ranger” players who showcase their videos on youtube and talk alot of kitten how good the class are makes me wonder …… are they STAGED or smoking weed ??

Guardian Hunter’s Ward NOT OP ??? traps more then 5 people those who touch the barrier get knockback too specially in WvW. Might be cool and all kitten but hey barrier 6 sec thats too long plus there’s a knockback effect on it dafug OP as hell

a guardian could slow down the entire zerg with it

what druid can do? with that toothpick staff solar beam? kitten cant even hit hard on anyone or heal anyone fast unless you are cleric build but even you are cleric build solar beam doesnt heal that much unless you are always behind someone and STARING at their buttcheck !!!

seriously give some AOE regen tick to the surrounding area when using solar beam

staff skill #3 is only reason why i use the kitten staff its a good replacement for Greatsword !

Bristleback Nerf

in Ranger

Posted by: anduriell.6280

anduriell.6280

staff skill #3 is only reason why i use the kitten staff its a good replacement for Greatsword !

Exactly.
The only uses for staff are:

• As harry potter’s Numbus 2000 to fly around.
  • As tickle-tickle ranged weapon when all the reflections are up.

The damage is really a disgrace. Why can’t we have the broomstick to do some noticeable damage and also a mechanic so we are able to heal with any weapon?

I hate to be locked up in the staff or a couple of traitlines. I really hate it.

I TOLD YOU SO
Inverse to Apple: SBeast is the worst yet.. jurl jurl
I’m all in for Team Irenio!

Bristleback Nerf

in Ranger

Fluffball.8307

The staff is a solid utility weapon. 3 is good for movement, but it’s also a blast finisher and heals allies. 5 is amazing in team fights, especially since it doubles as a waterfield; I gift that thing to scrappers and they all know how to use it. 2 and 4 are meh, but I try to put 2 on enemy revenants and scrappers to help their targets. 4 actually isn’t bad if you’ve already CCed someone, I often use it as my choice for quick draw. And of course you’re going to be using the autoattack most of the time, so why not heal your teammates while you’re at it with some basic movement?

Staff is a good PvP weapon.

Bristleback Nerf

in Ranger

EvilZombie.6801

The staff is a solid utility weapon. 3 is good for movement, but it’s also a blast finisher and heals allies. 5 is amazing in team fights, especially since it doubles as a waterfield; I gift that thing to scrappers and they all know how to use it. 2 and 4 are meh, but I try to put 2 on enemy revenants and scrappers to help their targets. 4 actually isn’t bad if you’ve already CCed someone, I often use it as my choice for quick draw. And of course you’re going to be using the autoattack most of the time, so why not heal your teammates while you’re at it with some basic movement?

Staff is a good PvP weapon.

actually i know i just want to bash somemore about druid haha

its not a bad weapon but it scale too badly on healing power, you can crit damage multiple times within 5 sec but you cant crit healing at all

0 healing power solar beam heal 80hp
1000 healing power solar beam heal 120hp

Bristleback Nerf

in Ranger

Posted by: Wondrouswall.7169

Wondrouswall.7169

its not a bad weapon but it scale too badly on healing power, you can crit damage multiple times within 5 sec but you cant crit healing at all

You make it sound better than what it actually is. I would love to have those numbers and scaling with Solar Beam vs what it currently is…

0 Healing Power Solar Beam: Heal 66hp
1600 Healing Power Solar Beam: Heal 114hp

PET PRECISION & DPS TESTS -OUTDATED-
Will update once Path of Fire releases.

Bristleback Nerf

in Ranger

EvilZombie.6801

You make it sound better than what it actually is. I would love to have those numbers and scaling with Solar Beam vs what it currently is…

0 Healing Power Solar Beam: Heal 66hp
1600 Healing Power Solar Beam: Heal 114hp

nope i have 1020 healing power, i have been noticing my heal is about this

dont ask me why i have been trying to figure out with the maths given but thats what i always see

Bristleback Nerf

in Ranger

Tragic Positive.9356

nope i have 1020 healing power, i have been noticing my heal is about this

dont ask me why i have been trying to figure out with the maths given but thats what i always see

10% from druid minors, possibly 10 more from rune of monk, 10% more can go from Sigil of Transference.

Bristleback Nerf

in Ranger

Wondrouswall.7169

Up to 20% from the Druid minor, actually. Again, making it sound better than it actually is.

Bristleback Nerf

in Ranger

Tragic Positive.9356

Up to 20% from the Druid minor, actually. Again, making it sound better than it actually is.

There’s Zero value in healing from #1, #2 or #5 apart from building up Astral Bar.
None these healing values have ever helped anyone in my raid, in my PvP party, in open world or WvW survive.

Those are obviously tools to force you into playing a certain weapon to maximize Druid traitline usage.

Bristleback Nerf

in Ranger

Wondrouswall.7169

Don’t care about what you just said. I’m just correcting you that the minor provides up to 20% instead of 10% and saying (again) that 120 @ 1000 HP is still making it sound better than what it actually is.

But sure, keep going on about these things.

Bristleback Nerf

in Ranger

Tragic Positive.9356

Don’t care about what you just said. I’m just correcting you that the minor provides up to 20% instead of 10% and saying (again) that 120 @ 1000 HP is still making it sound better than what it actually is.

But sure, keep going on about these things.

Oh, I get you now.

Bristleback Nerf

in Ranger

Fluffball.8307

There’s Zero value in healing from #1, #2 or #5 apart from building up Astral Bar.
None these healing values have ever helped anyone in my raid, in my PvP party, in open world or WvW survive.

Are you being sarcastic? Skill 5 is crazy powerful, especially in WvW where everyone uses projectiles in the pirate ship meta. Crazy powerful.

And 1 and 2 add up over time, it’s basically like having regen on you only it stacks with regen.

Bristleback Nerf

in Ranger

Tragic Positive.9356

Are you being sarcastic? Skill 5 is crazy powerful, especially in WvW where everyone uses projectiles in the pirate ship meta. Crazy powerful.

And 1 and 2 add up over time, it’s basically like having regen on you only it stacks with regen.

I’m not a WvW player.
But I know that a Reflect would have simply killed you back.

About the #1 – don’t you remember the times when before HoT a guy promoted a healer build? With nothing but regen up his sleeve? And everyone sent him elsewhere because he was the anchor for the team?

It would take roughly 70 seconds to heal you from 0 to 100% on full healing power build with that ability. Seventy seconds. Do you have any idea how much that is? And how useless those numbers are now proven to be when a body will die in 4 seconds in any given competitive content?

Bristleback Nerf

in Ranger

Fluffball.8307

Team fights often last more than 70 seconds. But this isn’t about that, CA is for your bursts, staff (and the shout regen) tops people off who are also mitigating their own damage and healing themselves. The healing happens while you attack, so you don’t even have a choice but to heal people. It makes a really big difference to your sustain when you’ve got a friend constantly giving you health.

Staff healing and regen that rangers are throwing out whether they want to or not heals more than having a healing signet on your entire team. It’s not about healing someone from 0-100 while a thief is ganking them.

Bristleback Nerf

in Ranger

Posted by: Levetty.1279

Levetty.1279

I can’t argue with that. I was just as surprised as anyone to see nothing on Revenant/Scrapper in that patch. I assume it’s because Reaper and Scrapper was easy to fix, Revenant and Scrapper’s problems are due to a powerful mixed bag, so handling it needs to be done with more finesse. Of course, the sooner the better.

Or instead of finesse they can just nerf all of their traits and their skills, nerf random nich trait choices that only a handful of people use, change how people can interact with the downed mechanic, remove a bunch of traits and massivly buff their direct counters. Was good enough for Mesmer.

(edited by Levetty.1279)

Bristleback Nerf

in Ranger

EvilZombie.6801

skill 5 not really that powerful its still lacking

its not really that useful in PvE, sure you can use skill 3 and 5 to combo them but alone itself skill 5 is just mediocre.

in WvW yeah sure its good only if there’s a standoff compare to guardian barrier that knockback and nerco fear wall or even rev hammer wall that’s movable. slime wall just mediocre it should also provide 3 sec regen

anyway usually standoff people use AOE more often then trying to shoot through the wall

im not asking to OVER POWER the staff but at least provide a well balance gameplay

the whole staff skill need to be re-look at it expect skill 3 which was DONE IT RIGHT and thats the reason i am using it to replace greatsword

Bristleback Nerf

in Ranger

Fluffball.8307

I would never use staff in regular PvE anyway, I don’t think you can balance a PvP weapon around whether it has uses when fighting the shadow behemoth.

Bristleback Nerf

in Ranger

EvilZombie.6801

I would never use staff in regular PvE anyway, I don’t think you can balance a PvP weapon around whether it has uses when fighting the shadow behemoth.

then you are not a druid who heal the whole entire raid / world boss/ zerg force / party member

but i do …. as a cleric druid i care for my buddies

SAVING LIFE IS MY TOP PRIORITY

Bristleback Nerf

in Ranger

anduriell.6280

i’m not and i can tell you are so wrong.

healing from solar beam is excursively there to build up astral force. Period.
100 heal or 500 heal from astral wisp is trash when you must stay in melee range.
the 5 seconds wall will not save you or your team from anything, it simply doesn’t last enough to be noticeable.
and the healing from the wall is a joke, around 180 heal per arrow.

again i’d like the staff to be reworked to be an actual weapon and not just the mobility trash is right now.

the druid should be able to heal with any weapon same way as the water sigil. Once a second to heal same amount as solar beam up to 3 allies around the target, and the staff should become more as a weapon and less broomstick. The same the greatsword is an utility weapon the staff should do damage too.

Right now people use it exclusively because of the astral grace. And that’s all.

the wall should stay for longer or reduce the cd to 15 seconds (12 traited) (in case you want to avoid the eternal water field)

increase the base physical damage from the staff to the shortbow level.

solar beam and the astral wisp must be adjusted to be rewarding or useful. the art is amazing but the numbers are a disgrace. Solar beam to apply constant burning( 1 stack for 3 seconds) and wisp to apply blind and burn around the target would be cool.

the vines are simply so wrong…. just give us an 1200 ranged AoE 300 radius vines that apply roots up to 5 targets.

I TOLD YOU SO

Bristleback Nerf

in Ranger

Fluffball.8307

i’m not and i can tell you are so wrong.

If the staff healing is useless in PvP then you have to also tell me Regen is useless, Rapid Regeneration is useless, Virtue of Resolve is useless, Soothing Mist is useless, Sigil of Leeching is useless, etc. etc. For years healing signet was considered the best heal in the game and staff heals for more than HS does.

These things are all active at the same time. There is a reason even in this “burst meta” that points are often neuted for 5 or 7 minutes at a time. The other day I won a match after we lost the mid fight at start; me and a scrapper went far and held it nueted in a stressful fight that lasted until the match ended. My outgoing healing was obviously off the charts for that one.

Just because you don’t feel like regen or astral wisp are helping your team doesn’t mean you aren’t still healing them.

Bristleback Nerf

in Ranger

Tragic Positive.9356

Just because you don’t feel like regen or astral wisp are helping your team doesn’t mean you aren’t still healing them.

You are healing them for useless amounts.
Seeing lots of green numbers does not make a difference. In PvP it’s all about keeping people alive. And you never keep them alive with #1 or #2. You have to use them so you get access to abilities that heal for 2K per second (and sometimes even that’s not enough).

Your healing is off the charts because all those numbers you see help you build CAF on cooldown that heals … How much is it on a mender build? Around 8K per second if there are 5 targets to be healed (Necro Minions count, too).

2800 (14K AoE) per second vs 340 (1000 linear) per second is a no-brainer. There’s no way you’ll persuade anyone about it. If what you are trying to say was to be true – your target has to be untouched for 10 seconds and stationary for you to heal him from 1 auto-attack.
No, regardless of what are you trying to prove about it – the healing is non-existent. You are talking about taking umbrella for sea diving.

Bristleback Nerf

in Ranger

Fluffball.8307

I don’t have to convince anyone, druids heal people near them for ~300-500 health per second whether you want to or not.

On the contrary, it’s impossible for you to convince me that doesn’t have an effect. After all eating a full maul or RF only does like 5k damage. The “burst meta” is still the sustain meta. Again, points are rarely full capped, and everyone is playing ultra-sustain scrappers, revs, tempests and druids. Those 4 classes plus necro account for like… 100% of the players past sapphire. Just sustain sustain sustain, nothing ever dies.

Bristleback Nerf

in Ranger

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

I do dmg with staff. You people crazy.

Bristleback Nerf

in Ranger

SqualZell.7813

you can do more damage with… well pretty much anything else. I’m pretty sure a “broken skritt bottle” does more damage than the staff.

Bristleback Nerf

in Ranger

anduriell.6280

you can do more damage with… well pretty much anything else. I’m pretty sure a “broken skritt bottle” does more damage than the staff.

actually i tried with random things you find on the ground like planks, rocks or whatever and they do more damage than the staff by a big margin . i dont understand why a weapon that bring one kind of utility cant bring damage the mix.
the shortbow is supposed to be a condi weapon, although the condi is very lacklustre at least does double damage than staff.

just numbers: in full zerker the staff does around 400 damage per tick. 400 damage
the staff brings a very disgraceful healing and nothing else. no damage and no conditions.

I TOLD YOU SO

Bristleback Nerf

in Ranger

Justine.6351

actually i tried with random things you find on the ground like planks, rocks or whatever and they do more damage than the staff by a big margin . i dont understand why a weapon that bring one kind of utility cant bring damage the mix.
the shortbow is supposed to be a condi weapon, although the condi is very lacklustre at least does double damage than staff.

just numbers: in full zerker the staff does around 400 damage per tick. 400 damage
the staff brings a very disgraceful healing and nothing else. no damage and no conditions.

I do conditions with staff. It’s pretty fun.

Bristleback Nerf

in Ranger

SqualZell.7813

fun… but ineffective

Bristleback Nerf

in Ranger

Justine.6351

fun… but ineffective

It’s effective,with the right build ;-)

Bristleback Nerf

in Ranger

Tragic Positive.9356

It’s effective,with the right build ;-)

It’s clunky, most of all.
In those builds – staff is there to build CAF. The damage it deals is meh. So it’s not really “effective”. It’s more like it’s bearable.

Bristleback Nerf

in Ranger

Posted by: BadSanta.6527

BadSanta.6527

I don’t care about the nerf , right now the briskel is fine. But I’m really frustrated with the fact that anet easy to pull the nerf trigger on that class rather then outer. Imean most of our pet are broken ( wyvren, hound ect..) but when we have agood one it nerf ASAP . So goes with we heal as one. Anet should work on this class rather then nerf the good things just because some mesmers ask to

Bristleback Nerf

in Ranger

Fluffball.8307

What are you running with staff, Justine? I tried a rabid sharpened edges + sigil of earth in PvP and the damage it did was completely unacceptable. I’m not sure how to get any more damage out of it than something like paladins. I assume you’re running celestial in WvW?

Bristleback Nerf

in Ranger

Justine.6351

What are you running with staff, Justine? I tried a rabid sharpened edges + sigil of earth in PvP and the damage it did was completely unacceptable. I’m not sure how to get any more damage out of it than something like paladins. I assume you’re running celestial in WvW?

Full ascended Rampagers (staff is settlers)+ fury+ hunter’s tactics(10% crit flank) sharpened edges+ hidden barbs+ refined toxins+ 35% bleed+ 35% conditions+ sigil of earth/geomancy+ primal echoes+ ancient seeds+ piercing+ beam attack.

It’s dmg isn’t so obvious, its the accumulation of those things played right/ luck. Getting staff swap aoe bomb to hit is supremely important. I wouldn’t expect any stat set other than Rampagers to do any measurable dmg unfortunately.

Bristleback Nerf

in Ranger

Fluffball.8307

Ah that makes since. I bet you could do well with viper’s or sinister as well.

Bristleback Nerf

in Ranger

Justine.6351

Crit chance is key to it though and anything other than precision high stat will leave you with poor pewpew on staff. Need that for bleed procs and to “abuse” free +50% critical dmg not just for staff but also for longbow and Madking birds.

I lied a touch, I have one earring as sinister so it is offensive infusion (+5 precision) and also my crit chance would be like 101%. I run a Finger Cuff of Joko and also the infused version so I got two offensive ascended rampager rings. I cheat ;-)

Bristleback Nerf

in Ranger

SqualZell.7813

Crit chance is key to it though and anything other than precision high stat will leave you with poor pewpew on staff. Need that for bleed procs and to “abuse” free +50% critical dmg not just for staff but also for longbow and Madking birds.

I lied a touch, I have one earring as sinister so it is offensive infusion (+5 precision) and also my crit chance would be like 101%. I run a Finger Cuff of Joko and also the infused version so I got two offensive ascended rampager rings. I cheat ;-)

Literally any other condi class can do better

Bristleback Nerf

in Ranger

Fluffball.8307

We’re talking about WvW, not PvE, there is no black and white “better”. If you want to run your mouth at least duel the guy.

Bristleback Nerf

in Ranger

SqualZell.7813

We’re talking about WvW, not PvE, there is no black and white “better”. If you want to run your mouth at least duel the guy.

Honestly i don’t need to duel the guy.

if he is having fun who cares. just dont advertise that the ranger is in a good spot

Bristleback Nerf

in Ranger

Fluffball.8307

Presumably he’s doing more than having fun. I wouldn’t roam on druid if I wasn’t able to win more than I lost. If you’re going to say every other build is better than his I think you need to back that up…

Bristleback Nerf

in Ranger

Justine.6351

The best build is the one you know. I kill alot of wannabees and some over confidents. ;-)

Bristleback Nerf

in Ranger

Posted by: jcbroe.4329

jcbroe.4329

Honestly i don’t need to duel the guy.

if he is having fun who cares. just dont advertise that the ranger is in a good spot

I’m not really sure I understand your comment. Are you saying Ranger/Druid isn’t in a good spot?

Having functional builds at the top of every game mode doesn’t put us in a good spot?

Like, I legitimately don’t understand how people can think Ranger/Druid is not in a good spot. If there’s stuff you don’t like and that doesn’t sit well with how you would have preferred the elite spec to have been that hurts your gameplay experience, then that’s understandable, but say that instead of spreading misinformation.

Jroh | Former SOAC Ranger Podcaster | Platinum Division Top 100 Player
www.twitch.tv/itsJROH For stream, stream schedule, other streamers, builds, etc
https://www.youtube.com/user/JRoeboat

Bristleback Nerf

in Ranger

Wondrouswall.7169

I’m not really sure I understand your comment. Are you saying Ranger/Druid isn’t in a good spot?

I think the guy probably meant something else and phrased it wrong. Druid is in a decent spot, but there’s a lot of people that don’t like the spot it’s in.