Posted by: Dardamaniac.1295

Dardamaniac.1295

Vigorous Training doesnt work at all
Hide in Plain sight triggers everytime is on CD

Bug list from 15th oct

in Ranger

Dardamaniac.1295

The Malicious Training doesnt work on every pet..In some pets increases the cond duration in some others it doesnt…
The pets that doesnt increase are
Krytan Drakehound
Marsh Drake
Murellow
Cave Spider(only F2)

(edited by Dardamaniac.1295)

Bug list from 15th oct

in Ranger

Posted by: pho.9412

pho.9412

lets see how long it takes for dev o respond to this.

Bug list from 15th oct

in Ranger

Posted by: Wayfinder.8452

Wayfinder.8452

All per traits that require your pet to be in combat are glitchy as kitten. Check again, they are so very random (since launch).

To add to the list :

Sword – 1 – Slash – states that it removes bleed and it does not.

Traits :

Skirmishing – Mjor II – Sharpened Edges – Chance to cause bleeding on critical hits. Skill fact says it’s 0%.
Nature Magic – Major I – Circle of Life – The skill fact states the old stats for Healing Spring.

There might be more, but I’d rather play something else now. Something that is actually tested and patched properly.

The man who can wield the power of this sword can summon to him an army
more deadly than any that walks this earth. Put aside the Ranger.
Become who you were born to be. I give hope to men. I keep none for myself.

(edited by Wayfinder.8452)

Bug list from 15th oct

in Ranger

Dardamaniac.1295

There are a few tooltip errors too..Lets focus on the gamebreaking first

Bug list from 15th oct

in Ranger

Posted by: Troopa.6179

Troopa.6179

the pet’s HP is not shown correctly, might be that I’m wrong.
should be 74% more health, right?

veteran ranger (main)- Troopa The Hawk – tyrian survivalist
veteran engineer – Whiteclaw Pete – flaming bastard
veteran guardian – Wolfborn Troopa – healing eagle

Bug list from 15th oct

in Ranger

Posted by: Kilger.5490

Kilger.5490

Hide in Plain sight triggers everytime is on CD

I think its the continuous stun effect from reading the patch notes…

(couldnt resist :P )

Kilger – Human Ranger
alts: Fangyre (Necro), Hardrawk (Ele);
Jade Quarry

Bug list from 15th oct

in Ranger

Posted by: Taku.6352

Taku.6352

Traited spirits still show 30% chance to give bonus on the skillbar.

Bug list from 15th oct

in Ranger

Posted by: Verow.6904

Verow.6904

I think the 74%+ hp is only for minions (necro pets) and phantasms (mesm illus).

Bug list from 15th oct

in Ranger

Posted by: Sandpit.3467

Sandpit.3467

Ranger doesn’t work at all. It’s broken. Please fix.

Bug list from 15th oct

in Ranger

Posted by: stale.9785

stale.9785

Ranger doesn’t work at all. It’s broken. Please fix.

This. 1000 times this. This forum is drowning in constructive fixes to ranger issues, and none of them have come through.

If you do a count over the last 4 months, the most repeated request across the entire GW2 forum is to make pets optional – and they won’t comment on it.

Rangers need – an active, not tied to pet/killing out pet condition cleanse that doesn’t waste our heal.

A fix to the longbow auto-attack. Just remove the range restriction, and we’re in business.

A fix to the sword rooting problem. No other class in-game has that issue – just us special little rangers.

And about a quarter million other things.

Bug list from 15th oct

in Ranger

Dardamaniac.1295

I just used Fern Hounds F2, went on CD but no heal or regen..It was right after swaping

Bug list from 15th oct

in Ranger

Dardamaniac.1295

Bug list from 15th oct

in Ranger

Posted by: Latinkuro.9420

Latinkuro.9420

vigorous spirits, doesn’t show the increase in chance on spirits.

Bug list from 15th oct

in Ranger

Posted by: Josh Davis.6015

Josh Davis.6015

Thanks for the lists, folks. Sent a bunch of these off to the team.

Bug list from 15th oct

in Ranger

Posted by: Holland.9351

Holland.9351

Cool thanks.

Considering Quality Assurance is your job, force them to play Ranger as a main character for a month. It shouldn’t take them long to fix everything.

Bug list from 15th oct

in Ranger

Posted by: Silverkung.9127

Silverkung.9127

Vigorous Training – pets grant AoE vigor (5s) when activated.

Not grand anything in/out combat to player or friend.

Bug list from 15th oct

in Ranger

Posted by: globe.7238

globe.7238

Gonna suspend your buddies for streaming/publicizing the chaos storm mesmer exploit on twitch?

Imminent Demise » [iD] « Blackgate

Bug list from 15th oct

in Ranger

Posted by: mzt.3270

mzt.3270

Cool thanks.

Considering Quality Assurance is your job, force them to play Ranger as a main character for a month. It shouldn’t take them long to fix everything.

I second that, I also want to know how exactly the Ranger is in " a good place right now" against guardians / warriors etc and how in this patch can we go about with a viable tactic to take them down? ??

Happiness is finding an Omnomberry in your Grumble Cake

Bug list from 15th oct

in Ranger

Posted by: Jacks.5367

Jacks.5367

I second that, I also want to know how exactly the Ranger is in " a good place right now" against guardians / warriors etc and how in this patch can we go about with a viable tactic to take them down? ??

What are you talking about? If you are referring to sPvP. Just run spirit ranger with bow. Let your pet and your range attack do the job.

I think the 74%+ hp is only for minions (necro pets) and phantasms (mesm illus).

I confirmed that the hp has been implemented. I just solo Quaggan Champion with Jungle Stalker. Before the patch, 3-4 hit your pet down.

Bug list from 15th oct

in Ranger

Posted by: Spitu.8657

Spitu.8657

Entangle is still to easy to escape.

To secure ourselves against defeat lies in our own hands,
but the opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself.

Bug list from 15th oct

in Ranger

Posted by: Arpheus.6918

Arpheus.6918

The ranger trait Furious Grip (fury on weapon swap) shows 9+ seconds of fury instead of 5 seconds at least in the german version of the game. This should also be fixed

Bug list from 15th oct

in Ranger

Posted by: Kolisch.4691

Kolisch.4691

I love how you Rangers are not asking for unreasonable buffs (which other classes somehow get now and then) but simply asking the devs to look into fixing the bugs, stealth nerfs and incorrect skill descriptions that is tormenting this class. Hope all the best for Rangers to be treated fairly.

HoT = Grind Wars 2
HoT = WvW players forced to PVE

Bug list from 15th oct

in Ranger

Posted by: Substance E.4852

Substance E.4852

I love how you Rangers are not asking for unreasonable buffs (which other classes somehow get now and then) but simply asking the devs to look into fixing the bugs, stealth nerfs and incorrect skill descriptions that is tormenting this class. Hope all the best for Rangers to be treated fairly.

Won’t happen but it’s nice to see that other classes get where we’re coming from lol.

Connection error(s) detected. Retrying…

Bug list from 15th oct

in Ranger

Posted by: rpfohr.7048

rpfohr.7048

Uh,

Tail Wind and Furious Grip tool tip Bug?
Always thought duraiton was same but furious Grip tooltip is double?

Tested duration is the same

Bug list from 15th oct

in Ranger

Posted by: Troopa.6179

Troopa.6179

I confirmed that the hp has been implemented. I just solo Quaggan Champion with Jungle Stalker. Before the patch, 3-4 hit your pet down.

if it is implemented then the HP is not shown correctly in the pet dialog (k). And if just the necro minions were upgraded then it sucks because the minions are equally controlled (even less) than our pet and the patch note said “player-controlled”

btw, quoting more than 2 nested post (e.g. X said that y said that z was wrong) is not possible

veteran ranger (main)- Troopa The Hawk – tyrian survivalist
veteran engineer – Whiteclaw Pete – flaming bastard
veteran guardian – Wolfborn Troopa – healing eagle

Bug list from 15th oct

in Ranger

Posted by: thrice.9184

thrice.9184

LOL, good thing Im not playing gw2.

Ranger updates are a joke.

You all keep on being optimistic about change.

Ranger put into Retirement due to Anet Abuse.
9/3/13 rip

Bug list from 15th oct

in Ranger

Posted by: Kjeld.9730

Kjeld.9730

Red moa F2 shows 18s (0% BD) of fury on the tooltip while it gives 15 seconds, Fern hound shows 12seconds but gives 10. the stalker says 18seconds and we get 15. It’s also unaffected by the ‘’Concentration Training’’ trait which might be totaly broken by itself.
cmon guys.. it’s like you made patch notes but forgot to actualy design it….

Ranger of [MGK] – Aurora glade.

(edited by Kjeld.9730)

Bug list from 15th oct

in Ranger

Posted by: Killsmith.8169

Killsmith.8169

It’s because they patch classes in alphabetical order from “a Warrior” to “ugh Ranger”.

Bug list from 15th oct

in Ranger

Posted by: Thelm.6591

Thelm.6591

About the red moa and the Jungle stalker, I can also say the base duration is shown as 18s and the actual boon duration is 15s.

Also, concentration training only works in combat.
While in combat the skill’s effect will be increased by the appropriate 50%.

So…why only in combat? Since it’s designed to work with multiple skills that provide long-lasting boons I can see it being feasible to use these to “prepare” for a fight. Why take that utility away from a ranger, especially after talking about making support builds more viable.

Another note, pet skills seem to still use the players stats for boon duration, I’m not sure about damage/condition duration/condition damage/ or healing done, but I’m guessing it’s highly possible. I’d look into that.

Now, the vigorous training change is nice (it also only works in combat) but it doesn’t nearly make up for the change to healing spring + vigorous renewal. I’m confused as to why that was changed. It wasn’t horribly strong and it was one of the best ways a ranger could actually support his team. Again, encouraging support builds while nerfing our best support option blah blah blah.

Eh, I know this is a bug list, sorry for the mini-rant.

- Thelm Cyrrian/Erchindas, SBI

(edited by Thelm.6591)

Bug list from 15th oct

in Ranger

Posted by: mzt.3270

mzt.3270

What are you talking about? If you are referring to sPvP. Just run spirit ranger with bow. Let your pet and your range attack do the job.

I am not talking about Spvp, not all of us do Spvp and run with a long bow, there are exceptions to the rule. I am talking directly about WvW.
@ thrice.9184
Yes this is exactly the point, I would like some official statement on why Anet feels the Ranger is in a good place as to per PVP and WvW and all the broken issues in ranger Class, its lack of a major burst as per Guardian hammers, its escapable entangle skill etc. It’s issues in Pet Ai and lack of power all round for rangers to keep it up to Par with Guardians. If it is I would like to see some official Anet thread on it to take the likes of guardians down with a ranger. Its not too much to ask if indeed it can be done.

Happiness is finding an Omnomberry in your Grumble Cake

(edited by mzt.3270)

Bug list from 15th oct

in Ranger

Dardamaniac.1295

Can we fix the gamebreaking ones first..its kinda annoying.Tooltips may came later as long as they do what they suppose to do

Bug list from 15th oct

in Ranger

Posted by: awge.3852

awge.3852

Entangle is still to easy to escape.

They seriously need to fix this, the only way for it to be viable is to stack it with multiple conditions. What they should do is to make it work so that the vines will continue to root you; unless you escape the area where the Entangle was casted. You can make it a max of 5 targets at a time, but a continuous 15 second pulse of rooting or something like that every 3 seconds. If this seems overpowering compared to the current use, then make it a grand master trait then in Nature Magic.

Dropping this off in the suggestion forum, the rest is up to the devs.

Mon Fils — Favorable Winds [Wind] — Blackgate
Ranger’s guide to PvP/WvW: http://tinyurl.com/oht3e9z

Bug list from 15th oct

in Ranger

Posted by: Wayfinder.8452

Wayfinder.8452

About the red moa and the Jungle stalker, I can also say the base duration is shown as 18s and the actual boon duration is 15s.

Also, concentration training only works in combat.
While in combat the skill’s effect will be increased by the appropriate 50%.

So…why only in combat? Since it’s designed to work with multiple skills that provide long-lasting boons I can see it being feasible to use these to “prepare” for a fight. Why take that utility away from a ranger, especially after talking about making support builds more viable.

Another note, pet skills seem to still use the players stats for boon duration, I’m not sure about damage/condition duration/condition damage/ or healing done, but I’m guessing it’s highly possible. I’d look into that.

Now, the vigorous training change is nice (it also only works in combat) but it doesn’t nearly make up for the change to healing spring + vigorous renewal. I’m confused as to why that was changed. It wasn’t horribly strong and it was one of the best ways a ranger could actually support his team. Again, encouraging support builds while nerfing our best support option blah blah blah.

Eh, I know this is a bug list, sorry for the mini-rant.

Concentration Training works only when your pet is in combat and the game fails to detect that most of the time so a lot of people think it doesn’t work. Almost all pet related traits that provide stat boosts to pets work that way.

The man who can wield the power of this sword can summon to him an army
more deadly than any that walks this earth. Put aside the Ranger.
Become who you were born to be. I give hope to men. I keep none for myself.

Bug list from 15th oct

in Ranger

Posted by: Liege Tai.8249

Liege Tai.8249

Having terrible trouble with “LoS” when using Longbow at a range greater than 600. For example with rapid fire, the damage suddenly stop’s. I have had periods of 5-7 seconds when i have a clear LoS on the target and i don’t DPS. I get no miss or obstructed notice, and the target is not invulnerable. This is happening with all Longbow skills except barrage, that appears to be working fine.

(I assume this is a LoS fault and not that the Longbow in general is broken, i am trying to get a Good SS to show the bug but it all looks so normal.. – The damage text)

Bug list from 15th oct

in Ranger

Posted by: Boxwin.2098

Boxwin.2098

Having terrible trouble with “LoS”…

I can vouch for this, not sure how to prove it though. I noticed it when fighting the Flame Legion Shaman in Iron Marches and thought I was simply having projectiles reflected at me, but then it happened while trying to Rapid Fire one of the Embers.

Definitely needs to be looked into ASAP.

Bug list from 15th oct

in Ranger

Posted by: Zanzer.6450

Zanzer.6450

Mighty Roar (Jungle Stalker), Furious Screech (Red Moa) and probably every other buff do not count the ranger nor the pet itself as one of the five targets that are first selected to receive the buff.

If possible, feel free to keep the pet itself off of the list of first targets.
Since pets are worthless (/grin).

Bug list from 15th oct

in Ranger

Posted by: TheLaughingMan.7951

TheLaughingMan.7951

Concentration training should apply at all times, not just in combat. The AOE range on many of the pets buffs is relatively short.

As many of said, the boon duration on many of the tooltips does not match what is given (is it really that hard to code this number??).

Zrun
Former NSP, now on GOM! http://www.youtube.com/user/umdsmith/videos

Bug list from 15th oct

in Ranger

Posted by: Chopps.5047

Chopps.5047

I just read on another forum that engies have a list of over 20 bugs with turrets. I guess I shouldn’t be so demanding about bug fixes considering there’s a lot of them to fix on various professions. Engies get the same kind of thing we do: “fixes” listed in patch notes and then bugs live.

I feel like patch notes are a vision of where devs want the game to be, not actually where it is. There’s a schedule and they release live what they have when it’s due. Patch notes are likely just a summary of intended upcoming features that may or may not have been implemented right on patch day.

Interpretting it this way is much better and makes me not want to gripe anymore. Maybe prysin was right. After all, none of my specs really change. I was just really bummed that the tooltips were still broken. Oh well, maybe next time.

Tin Foil Hat Hearer »—> Ranger Extraordinaire »—> “Be like water…”

Bug list from 15th oct

in Ranger

Posted by: TheLaughingMan.7951

TheLaughingMan.7951

The method in which Anet functions baffles me. I understand that there are different groups that do different tasks, but bug fixes should be a high priority. The only group that I would say consistently does a decent job is the art department.

Zrun
Former NSP, now on GOM! http://www.youtube.com/user/umdsmith/videos

Bug list from 15th oct

in Ranger

Posted by: Chopps.5047

Chopps.5047

Yeah, the art and animations are consistently amazing. At least we got back items fixed, right? Right? Because everyone is using mainhand axe, right???? Haha

Seriously though, you’re right. For all the complaining about bloodlust, gvg, how fun or lame point capture mode is, has there been a single criticism about the new terrain on the borderlands? It’s darn near perfect to me.

Tin Foil Hat Hearer »—> Ranger Extraordinaire »—> “Be like water…”

Bug list from 15th oct

in Ranger

Posted by: Piedplat.3597

Piedplat.3597

Dps is 50% reduced on bird. Stealth nerf?

/Piedplat Ranger80/Palissade Guardian80/Mystyphika Mesmer80/ ArmataTenebrae[AT] BG
http://www.armata.ca/

Bug list from 15th oct

in Ranger

Posted by: Noobie.1073

Noobie.1073

Yeah, the art and animations are consistently amazing. At least we got back items fixed, right? Right? Because everyone is using mainhand axe, right???? Haha

Seriously though, you’re right. For all the complaining about bloodlust, gvg, how fun or lame point capture mode is, has there been a single criticism about the new terrain on the borderlands? It’s darn near perfect to me.

Haven’t fought on it much…KAIN match-ups have been ghost towns or zerg blobs. Either one is boring so I just camp run lol.

I Cha Cha I – Mediocre Ranger at best
Mao Xiong – Worst Warrior GW2

Bug list from 15th oct

in Ranger

Substance E.4852

It can compound lag in big field fights if they are near the East and South portions pretty bad and it can slow down zerg movement that used to just be a beeline through the lake though that can be a good or bad thing based on which side of that zerg you’re on lol.

Bug list from 15th oct

in Ranger

Posted by: P anubis.3061

P anubis.3061

The Malicious Training doesnt work on every pet..In some pets increases the cond duration in some others it doesnt…
The pets that doesnt increase are
Krytan Drakehound
Marsh Drake
Murellow
Cave Spider(only F2)

Been testing this in the mists a bit, and it doesn’t seem to work on any pets. I didn’t test all pets, but on most of the pets I tested it increased the tooltip duration but not the actual duration. I only tested the duration of f2 skills.

Edit: Did some more testing and it seems the trait at least half works for most pets. The duration bonus is only applied if the pet itself is in combat.

(edited by P anubis.3061)

Bug list from 15th oct

in Ranger

Posted by: SafiMoyo.5130

SafiMoyo.5130

Lick Wounds has been failing me. Pet will run to my dying body, stand over me, and watch A few months back, there was a bug where lick wounds and search and rescue would fail on uneven ground. This was fixed, but perhaps it was un-fixed in another patch?

Champion Hunter

Bug list from 15th oct

in Ranger

Substance E.4852

Lick Wounds has been failing me. Pet will run to my dying body, stand over me, and watch A few months back, there was a bug where lick wounds and search and rescue would fail on uneven ground. This was fixed, but perhaps it was un-fixed in another patch?

It’s still just as glitchy as ever. It works slightly better than it did at launch but the only way to guarantee it will work right is to get downed on a completely level surface.

Bug list from 15th oct

in Ranger

Posted by: Ardenwolfe.8590

Ardenwolfe.8590

Don’t know if it’s intended, but the Fern Hound does not heal itself. Can it at least heal itself as well? I know the brown bear removes any debuffs to itself with its F2 ability.

Thanks.

Gone to Reddit.

Bug list from 15th oct

in Ranger

Posted by: Taku.6352

Taku.6352

Just noticed that offhand training doesn’t blue highlight the boosted stats in weapon skillbar.

Bug list from 15th oct

in Ranger

Substance E.4852

Don’t know if it’s intended, but the Fern Hound does not heal itself. Can it at least heal itself as well? I know the brown bear removes any debuffs to itself with its F2 ability.

Thanks.

Were you using it in PvE? The new pet HP means they still receive the old values but the change will bu much more subtle on their HP bar.

I was noticing this in the labrynth last night. Trolls works as intended but now their bar is only going to refill about as half as fast because it’s that much larger now.