December 10th Ranger changes

in Ranger

Posted by: Belzebu.3912

Belzebu.3912

About the pet mechanic, ok I see that make the F2 skills cast faster won’t be fixed any time soon, so let’s to the next problem, pets have huge trouble to hit moving targets.

If you do the heart quest in Wayfarer Foothills where you transform into a snow leopard and need to kill some stuff, including running prays like rabbits, you can notice that it is really hard to hit, then I payed more attention on how our pets attack and I saw the problem, pets try to attack as soon as the maximum target distance is reached (or close to that), since the attack animation takes a few moments, if the target moves just a bit he’ll leave the attack radius.

The solution I see to that is make the pet trigger the attack only if the target is at around 30~50% of the attack radius (those numbers may be tweaked), for example if an attack have a reach of 120 then the pet only attack if the target is at 35~60 of distance, so if the target moves there is a bigger chance of that attack actually land.

That solution may make the pet take a bit longer to attack but since the chance of the attack actually land will increase a lot, it will make up for that.

P.s More armour that isnt trench coats.

I like the trenchcoats, they’re awesome. Just need moar consideration for Charr tails plz. Ty.

Trench coats are nice, the problem is almost all medium armors are trench coats, from the top of my head I can only think of human T3 and Hall of Monuments set that aren’t trench coats.

Charter Vanguard [CV] – HoD
Bardy Belzebuson – Ranger Sir Belzebu – Herald
(and the other 8 elite specs maxed too)

in Ranger

Posted by: Sube Dai.8496

Sube Dai.8496

I haven’t read this whole forum and therefore don’t know if anyone else has brought this up. I personally love rangers but find most of there utilities useless. Trap’s are a utilitie skill that isn’t useless but is only accounted for one build. If arena net wants to open up more build oppurtunities then make more utilitie skills do stuff other than buff your pet.
As i type this i have realised survival skills, traps and spirits do consist of pet buffs. However as i said earlier this are only suited for one build.( Spirit build etc)
I want shouts to be buffed mostly. This require 40 traits to be useful and even then they aren’t useful.
I apologize for my poorely written argument (was going to blame it on my phone, then realised i wasn’t on my phone).
Mr Locus(Norn Ranger)

I completely agree. Too many of our traits either buff or kill the pet. You know, that 30-40% of our damage that rarely hits?

The only real options for a power build are signets or spirits.

Signets mean we can’t take piercing arrows and lose our only aoe.

Spirits means we can’t trait power/precision/crit and condition removal (eb)

John Snowman [GLTY]
Space Marine Z [GLTY]

in Ranger

Posted by: Norjena.5172

Norjena.5172

Pet´s aren´t broken, they need some (hot)fixes. And possibel in a half year or year a “new AI”. But removing them will fix nothing, but killing the ranger´s class.

Flat AoE redunction for WvsW bigscale and dungeons for example. This will help alot! And the ranger will still be a ranger.
Try to..

Don´t play a ranger without a pet, try to play that your pet can hit. This is possibel not the best class mechanic ever, but until we can get a fix. It´s much better then a “ranger” without a pet.

(edited by Norjena.5172)

in Ranger

Posted by: Substance E.4852

Substance E.4852

Pet´s aren´t broken, they need some (hot)fixes. And possibel in a half year or year a “new AI”. But removing them will fix nothing, but killing the ranger´s class.

Flat AoE redunction for WvsW bigscale and dungeons for example. This will help alot! And the ranger will still be a ranger.
Try to..

Don´t play a ranger without a pet, try to play that your pet can hit. This is possibel not the best class mechanic ever, but until we can get a fix. It´s much better then a “ranger” without a pet.

The only reason we are worse off without the pet is because our damage is lowered to account for pet attacks and many of our traits/skills are designed to work in tandem with a living pet.
Just getting rid of the pet would kill the class. Getting rid of it and then increasing skill damage and retooling traits/skills that require the pet would not kill the class and could make it better if done right.

Most of the classes are what they are because of the theme of their skills and how they work not because of their class mechanic. You could easily swap the theme of the Warrior and Ele and call the new ele mechanic like “Aether Charge” and the new warrior gets “Weapon Pack” (think Link from Zelda with every weapon in the game in his pocket).

Connection error(s) detected. Retrying…

in Ranger

Posted by: Norjena.5172

Norjena.5172

Support+CC is used by pets too, dps is not the ony problem. But the only 1 that could be fixed by “a flat dmg buff if pet is stowed”.

Ranger without a pet is not a 10minutes work. It needs a complete class overhaul. Forget it, nothing then a dream.

(edited by Norjena.5172)

in Ranger

Posted by: CETheLucid.3964

CETheLucid.3964

I like the trenchcoats, they’re awesome. Just need moar consideration for Charr tails plz. Ty.

Lack of choices is never awesome.

I’m not against choices, as long as trenchies and longcoats don’t get neglected for the sake of the offering.

Ideally, I’d like to see new trenchies and longcoats along with new non-longcoat options. But if we could only have it one way, I’d go for the longcoat look myself.

I like it. One of the reasons I picked the medium class.

in Ranger

Posted by: Sicarius.4639

Sicarius.4639

Ideally if we have to deal with trenchcoats, I’d like to see them reworked to not unnecessarily bellow out all over the place leaving fat looking characters and let them flow a bit more.

If we’re going down the route of the “at one with nature” theme I’d like to see that reflected in our armours. But then again I don’t think Anet know what we are anymore, to everyone on my TS apparently what we are, is just an easy kill.

in Ranger

Posted by: OGDeadHead.8326

OGDeadHead.8326

Fix our condition cleansing.

We’re the only class that still suffers from conditions after a cleanse, since they are now moved to our pet instead; Shared Anquish, Empathic Bond, Signet of Renewal active.

The pet is a major part of this class in regards to both utility and damage, so this is a flaw in the design, and should be looked upon and fixed asap, no other class has to suffer still being impacted by conditions after getting rid of them one way or another.

Win10 pro | Xeon 5650 @ 4 GHz | R9 280x toxic | 24 Gig Ram | Process Lasso user

in Ranger

Posted by: bri.2359

bri.2359

Trench coats are nice, the problem is almost all medium armors are trench coats, from the top of my head I can only think of human T3 and Hall of Monuments set that aren’t trench coats.

You can add the medium Dualist armour on the TP. This is not a trench coat and I use this for one of my armour sets.

Oh, and the trench coats in this game are the worst implemented design for medium armour I have ever seen. The only ‘coat’ I use is the human T2 cultural, it is the only one I can live with ..

Lvl 80’s: Ranger; Guardian; Mesmer; Necromancer; Thief
Gandara Megaserver

in Ranger

Posted by: Kenny.3476

Kenny.3476

Hey,
Who am I:
I play ranger since BW2, done 2920 (90%) tournament games with ranger.
So I just talk about the role of the ranger in PVP.

Please don’t change this Trait!!!

Wilderness 5 Natural Vigor. Reduced the increased endurance regeneration from 50% to 25%.
to make the ranger viable in PVP you have to dodge a lot to counter the other classes. This reduction will be horrible pls don’t change this trait !!!

Good Changes:

Long Range Shot. Increased the damage at 500 range by 20%.
Long Range Shot. Increased the damage at 500-1000 range by 15%.
Good Changes to make longbow viable in PVP but this wont be enough dps to run it.
(Warriors and Thiefs will do much more damage with their bows – Why ? In my opinion Ranger should be the class with the most dps on any bow, thats what the ranger stands for. Or?)
You should do:
Long Range Shot. Increased the damage at 500 range by 40%
Long Range Shot. Increased the damage at 500-1000 range by 25%.
—> because in PVP you dont have long ranges.

Nature Magic IX – Two Handed Training. Added the following functionality to this trait. Greatsword and Spear attacks have a chance to grant Fury on hit. 50% chance. 3s Fury. 10s cooldown.
(Very good change for DPS-GS-Ranger in WVW- Played GS a few times in PVP but its attacks are way to slowly and deals not enough dps.)
You should do:
We need a Condi cleanser /or evade on GS not Fury

Beastmastery VI – Mighty Swap. The might from this trait is now applied to you and your pet.
(very good change) every ranger will trait it cause it gives you 3 stacks of might all the time

This Traits won’t change anything because there are much better traits

Marksmanship V – Predator’s Instinct. Increased the threshold from 25% to 50%. Increased the Cripple Duration from 2s to 10s. Increased the cooldown from 15s to 30s. (Keen Edge)
You should do: change cripple to weakness

Nature Magic V – Strength of Spirit. Increased conversion from 5% to 7%
(Natures protection/Bounty)

Skirmishing XII – Moment of Clarity. Stun Duration increased from 50% to 100%. If I put 30 pts in this line i would prefer to run Trapper because it’s not the task of the ranger to interrupt.

Nature Magic I – Circle of Life. Cleared up the text of this trait to clearly identify that it happens when downed, not defeated. (Protection/regeneration)

Wilderness XII – Bark Skin Increased the damage reduction from 30% to 50%.(You have to take empathic bond otherwise you have no condi cleanser, this trait will be good in PVE but will be senseless in PVP)

Wilderness VIII – Oakheart Salve. Decreased the recharge of this trait from 20s->15s
(with healing spring and this skill it is possible to give you endless regeneration at the moment, so you will get endless regeneration more easily, a good change if you run troll unguent)

Nature Magic X – Enlargement. This trait now uses Signet of the Wild to trigger. This reduces the cooldown to 60 seconds and allow it to interact with the Signet of the Beastmaster and Signet Mastery traits. (senseless cause when you drop under 25% ca. 3500-4000 HP you are nearly dead, you should change it to 50%, this would make this trait viable)

The changes of the spirits are good.

Pets:
There are just 4 pets you can take in PVP out of 40 !!!
Kryta Drakehound – Immobilize, Knockdown
Wolf- Fear, Knockdown
River Drake, BIG DPS, Explosion
Raven, Huge Singel DPS

There are other pets like spide which are good but the above mentioned are much better.
The F2 skills are very laggy atm hope you’ll fix this.

Conclusion:
The problem with the ranger is that he has no active condition cleanser. So he has to put 30pts in wilderness Survival. So there are just 40pts left

You can put 30 in Skirmishing to run a Trapper:
(never understood why you put it here we get precision and critical dmg on a condition build)
Traps don’t do enough conditions. So i would prefer a necro at this role.
Why is there no Combofield on Vipers Trap ?
—> Trapper is dead atm
you should swap Traps to markmanship

You can put 30 in Markmanship to run DPS with sigils but than you only have 10 for skirmishing so there is not enough dps on crits
—> DPS ranger is dead atm

To my mind you should:
- think of a active condition cleanser so the rangers mustn’t put 30 in wilderness
- increase traps conditions and move traps to marmanship
- Fix the F2 Skills
- don’t change Wilderness 5 Natural Vigor
- fix our elite spirit (if you cast it and press the rez skill fast after casting it does nothing, you have to stand still when you cast it otherwise the ghost prefers to follow you instead of using his skill)

Wow this took me 2 hrs because my english is not the best and i know devs prefer the english forum to the germans so i am hoping to hear a respond.

K É N N Y
Warbears

in Ranger

Posted by: Chopchop.5629

Chopchop.5629

Don’t get me wrong I love pets.
It’s what makes us different to warriors (other than trenches)
Put I don’t think we ( rangers and our pets) should be SO closely connected. Pets should have all bass stats buffed so we don’t need to invest traits to make them useful. Traits should be use to cater to our individual play styles, not to make our special mechanic useful.
Locus
P.s pet skins could be cool

in Ranger

Posted by: CRrabbit.1284

CRrabbit.1284

I am glad to see these changes. It will create a new 1v1 unbeatable Monster called Spirit-BM ranger(0/0/30/20/20 build) if my guess is not wrong. I didn’t see any chance other classes stand a single chance against such ranger after patch, it’s basically unkillable.
However, ranger is never weak in 1v1 (actually already pretty strong now), this is only making the strong stronger and most likely strongest, it will break the 1v1 balance.
And what ranger lacks (group/support ability) is still lacking badly……

Is this a right direction?

(edited by CRrabbit.1284)

in Ranger

Posted by: Shirk.6421

Shirk.6421

I am glad to see these changes. It will create a new 1v1 unbeatable Monster called Spirit-BM ranger(0/0/30/20/20 build) if my guess is not wrong. I didn’t see any chance other classes stand a single chance against such ranger after patch, it’s basically unkillable.
However, ranger is never weak in 1v1 (actually already pretty strong now), this is only making the strong stronger and most likely strongest, it will break the 1v1 balance.
And what ranger lacks (group/support ability) is still lacking badly……

Is this a right direction?

I also wanted to do something like that.

0/0/30/30/10:
Spirits Unbound as master and Nature’s Voice as grandmaster trait.

Troll Unguent + Regeneration + Spirit of Nature = 1.8k heal/second with ease, gg wp.

in Ranger

Posted by: Piedplat.3597

Piedplat.3597

Give more health to our pet. They are our class mechanism.

/Piedplat Ranger80/Palissade Guardian80/Mystyphika Mesmer80/ ArmataTenebrae[AT] BG
http://www.armata.ca/

in Ranger

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

Give more health to our pet. They are our class mechanism.

There is no amount of health you can give to a pet that will allow it to survive dodge-or-die boss mechanics and not break every other facet of the game because the pet is now nigh-immortal.

Big Bucket of Hit Points™ is not a viable solution.

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

in Ranger

Posted by: Piedplat.3597

Piedplat.3597

There is no amount of health you can give to a pet that will allow it to survive dodge-or-die boss mechanics and not break every other facet of the game because the pet is now nigh-immortal.

But the poor IA on the pet, is difficult for him to reach a target in movement so more health should help…

/Piedplat Ranger80/Palissade Guardian80/Mystyphika Mesmer80/ ArmataTenebrae[AT] BG
http://www.armata.ca/

in Ranger

Shirk.6421

But the poor IA on the pet, is difficult for him to reach a target in movement so more health should help…

No. A finally fixed pet AI which doesn’t have to wait so long for a server response helps.

in Ranger

Posted by: Tumult.2578

Tumult.2578

Do we get our trait points back to re-allocate after so many have been changed?

in Ranger

Posted by: Belzebu.3912

Belzebu.3912

Do we get our trait points back to re-allocate after so many have been changed?

You know that at lvl 80 it cost only 3s to retrait, right? There are WP more expensive than that.

Charter Vanguard [CV] – HoD
Bardy Belzebuson – Ranger Sir Belzebu – Herald
(and the other 8 elite specs maxed too)

in Ranger

Posted by: Overthrust.2659

Overthrust.2659

blahblahblah spirit nerf

The Ranger would be nerfed every time because that is the law of Tyria.

in Ranger

Posted by: ItWasntMe.7102

ItWasntMe.7102

rangers are already middle of the road dps so by nerfing endurance you are making us even weaker as we need to dodge roll so often & the trait to do more damage with endarance full will be obsolete.

in Ranger

Posted by: Sicarius.4639

Sicarius.4639

Clearly we’re still putting up too much of a fight for other classes.

in Ranger

Posted by: Mor The Thief.9135

Mor The Thief.9135

Even more with the fact that you need to invest most of the points in Marksmanship and Skirmishing trait lines only to make the Longbow and Shortbow a viable options(which even then are still considered bad choices by a lot of a groups, no matter how good the player is as long he uses one of the 2 bows as the main weapon).

The least that could be done is merging some of the traits like the 20% reduce cooldown of bow skills with the piercing arrows traits. Therefore giving rangers at least 10 trait points to invest in something else instead of investing all the points only to make 1 type of weapon as it should be.

Other then that I hope the damage buff to the Longbow auto-attack at least makes it a bit less redundant unless you’re at max range.

Also about the Endurance nerf, there is a skill called Lightning Reflexes which gives rangers an extra dodge while also dealing a bit of damage at the spot the skill was used, but most of all gives VIGOR, and also the skill is a stun breaker making it a pretty nice option of survivability(also if u invest 10 points in wilderness survival you can take the 20% reduction on survival skill cooldowns and therefore making this skill even more frequently useable).

in Ranger

Posted by: Chokolata.1870

Chokolata.1870

LR is a solid skill , but it does not break immob , cripple or chilled . Ranger has poor other defensive options be it block , invlunerability or stealth . Ranger has no built in sustain ala warrior healing sig + adrenal health . The only thing going for us was our natural vigor that allowed us to dodge more .

To get invulnerability you need 30 into MM for signet trait , or you use protect me which will most likely kill the pet in pvp or wvw . To get sustain you need to actually build for healing power , unlike warriors who get 600 hp/sec from just putting on healing signet and 15 into defense . To top it all off our burst is pretty meh , and due to how pet burst was also nuked , we rely on damage over time , which again puts us into a bunkerish role .

in Ranger

Posted by: mistsim.2748

mistsim.2748

LR is a solid skill , but it does not break immob , cripple or chilled . Ranger has poor other defensive options be it block , invlunerability or stealth . Ranger has no built in sustain ala warrior healing sig + adrenal health . The only thing going for us was our natural vigor that allowed us to dodge more .

To get invulnerability you need 30 into MM for signet trait , or you use protect me which will most likely kill the pet in pvp or wvw . To get sustain you need to actually build for healing power , unlike warriors who get 600 hp/sec from just putting on healing signet and 15 into defense . To top it all off our burst is pretty meh , and due to how pet burst was also nuked , we rely on damage over time , which again puts us into a bunkerish role .

i’ll play my guard, then the necro for a while in wvw. i feel great. then i hop on my ranger, and i wanna cry. your analysis reminds me of why i want to cry.

in Ranger

Posted by: QueenHysteria.1084

QueenHysteria.1084

So were still stuck with the same useless traits just cut differently now? I don’t get it… No matter how much sugar you put in vinegar it’s still going to taste bitter.

in Ranger

Posted by: simmie.7402

simmie.7402

Anet’s meddling before has got us here now, They have promised to listen to our concerns, this makes me slightly optimistic. lets hope they make the ranger better to play.

in Ranger

Posted by: bri.2359

bri.2359

Anet’s meddling before has got us here now, They have promised to listen to our concerns, this makes me slightly optimistic. lets hope they make the ranger better to play.

At this point, the only way to make the ranger better to play is to completely re-design the class from the ground up. The game will be long dead before this happens ..

Lvl 80’s: Ranger; Guardian; Mesmer; Necromancer; Thief
Gandara Megaserver

in Ranger

Posted by: Uther.2538

Uther.2538

Ok!! Good work throw out the remaining good traits for Ranger and give more boost to thieves and Necromancers and Warriors.
You guys do one thing ,change Ranger class title to Easy Kill class.
Seems like to survive as a Ranger you need to learn a lot and calculate a hundred trait combos but for thief it is simple :go dagger dagger ;hide>backstab>hide Backstab>heart seeker>heart seeker >and top it with a stealth finish. Further simpler is: warriors ;get a Hammer>STUN>STUN>STUN.[all with heavy damages]
Necros now are like demigods!!![So no need to note anything further]
And keep buffing LB, like its going to help!! Please explain how the LB buff is going to help against a D/D thief whom you encounter when moving through a WvW map to join your team?
At least give out a better condition removal utility for facing some odds.
I am not an expert, but I think someone is neglecting Ranger Class.And you can say QQ and all stuff, but I seriously think Ranger can’t do much in solo against any other class.

Gandara

(edited by Uther.2538)

in Ranger

Posted by: Jocksy.3415

Jocksy.3415

Last dev post: 15 days ago (https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/ranger/December-10th-Ranger-changes/page/10#post3162847)

A few posts before, he wrote he had some ideas that needed testing…

He admitted a few “problems” about rangers needed to be seen at, though it is unlikely for us to get relief…

Please, can we get any kind of feedback about how the testings of the ideas is advancing?
About whether or not there are any real changes coming and not just some small band-aid tweaks?

Even if a complete redesign of the class would cause imbalances – they would be easier to solve if the basis of the class (traits and pets) were not broken.

I am not going to rewrite all good arguments presented before, I “+1” the ones that looked like making sense…

Please! Do something!

Don’t let us in the dark!

in Ranger

Posted by: Jaysin X.6740

Jaysin X.6740

The solution I see to that is make the pet trigger the attack only if the target is at around 30~50% of the attack radius (those numbers may be tweaked), for example if an attack have a reach of 120 then the pet only attack if the target is at 35~60 of distance, so if the target moves there is a bigger chance of that attack actually land.

This seems like a really great idea to implement and test. I’ve also noticed that the pet seems to start it’s attack sequence as soon as it’s in range (really noticeable with leaping attacks).

in Ranger

Shirk.6421

This seems like a really great idea to implement and test. I’ve also noticed that the pet seems to start it’s attack sequence as soon as it’s in range (really noticeable with leaping attacks).

nice idea

in Ranger

Posted by: Shatto.3524

Shatto.3524

Another idea for a trait, beastmaster grandmaster trait : natural healings; make it heall the ranger and the pet! it will increase survivality and will trade off the -25% endurance from natural vigor, and making it adept or master to combine it with other line traits.

in Ranger

Posted by: Bran.7425

Bran.7425

That trait already does that (at least it did that last time I ran it) whether or not it proves easier to adjust the tool tip or remove the ranger being effected by the trait is another story. http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Natural_Healing

Pets have been hidden due to rising Player complaints.

in Ranger

Uther.2538

Natural Healing is a joke.Seriously 133 heal per 3s?what difference is that going to make.I am not saying to make it 1333,but please replace it with something useful.

Gandara

in Ranger

Posted by: jcbroe.4329

jcbroe.4329

Natural Healing is a joke.Seriously 133 heal per 3s?what difference is that going to make.I am not saying to make it 1333,but please replace it with something useful.

For a grandmaster trait, should at the very least equal Warriors Adrenal Health in terms of effectiveness/potency. Maybe a little less than warriors since rangers do have better inherent survivability, but certainly stronger than what it is now.

Jroh | Former SOAC Ranger Podcaster | Platinum Division Top 100 Player
www.twitch.tv/itsJROH For stream, stream schedule, other streamers, builds, etc
https://www.youtube.com/user/JRoeboat

in Ranger

Posted by: Atherakhia.4086

Atherakhia.4086

For a grandmaster trait, should at the very least equal Warriors Adrenal Health in terms of effectiveness/potency. Maybe a little less than warriors since rangers do have better inherent survivability, but certainly stronger than what it is now.

Why should it be weaker? You’re comparing a GM major trait to a master minor trait. It could be weaker simply because it heals the pet and the ranger, but I personally feel that’s a horrible balance issue making things weaker simply because it affects our pet too.

in Ranger

jcbroe.4329

Why should it be weaker? You’re comparing a GM major trait to a master minor trait. It could be weaker simply because it heals the pet and the ranger, but I personally feel that’s a horrible balance issue making things weaker simply because it affects our pet too.

Not weaker because it effects the pet, weaker because most of our weaponsets have more built in evasion/defensive capabilities than warrior weaponsets, and theirs is dependent on their adrenaline level as well, where as we would just be slotting it and getting regen.

I’m not talking much worse though. Warriors strongest level of regen at base is 360 healing every 3 seconds, so 120 healing per second. I’m talking letting ours, with the 300 healing power gained from the traitline, getting something like 270-300 healing per 3 seconds, for like 90-100 healing per second, and then fix it to make it scale a bit with healing power.

After the last pet nerf, I really haven’t found a reason to put more than 15 points in BM, and I’d very much like to see Natural Healing buffed, and like, every trait beyond those 15 points that I currently consider a waste (all of them except Zephyrs, which isn’t worth it due to its poor position as a Grandmaster).

in Ranger

Posted by: Chokolata.1870

Chokolata.1870

A heal affecting both the pet and the ranger is no justification for something being weaker , because pets are actually killable . People need to start looking at rangers as a single entity with the pet being something extra , not a single hero slit into two parts .

Balance ranger as a single entity then tweak the pet to suit it , not remove utility , trait effectiveness and damage from the ranger because he has a pet . I am sick of this .

in Ranger

jcbroe.4329

A heal affecting both the pet and the ranger is no justification for something being weaker , because pets are actually killable . People need to start looking at rangers as a single entity with the pet being something extra , not a single hero slit into two parts .

Balance ranger as a single entity then tweak the pet to suit it , not remove utility , trait effectiveness and damage from the ranger because he has a pet . I am sick of this .

I feel like I’ve been saying this exact thing since October 2012.

It’s especially true when the pet isn’t even capable of being fully functional in all of the games content, aka insta-dying or almost insta-dying to content implemented with no regard for a class with a permanent pet and damage scaled for the pet being alive and attacking the same target as the ranger 100% of the time.

in Ranger

Posted by: Kain Francois.4328

Kain Francois.4328

What if more pets used instant-cast animations, such as Jaguar?

While I understand technical difficulties make adjusting the pet mechanic difficult to deal with, if any pet was done right, it is the Jaguar.

I hear nothing but praise for the Jaguar, even by non-Rangers! So perhaps we could model other pets after it?

in Ranger

Uther.2538

I don’t understand what is the big advantage that ranger gain with pet.In PvE it is understood as a meat shield [not that useful in champion fights,because pets die very fast], but in pvp and WvW I don’t think pet contribute much. The occasional immobilize,Fear,Stun, or Blast Finisher may be good but in a solo fight or in a zerg fight they don’t contribute much. In zerg fights pet die fast so you should keep them in passive mode and in duels your opponent easily can outrun pet, The enemy wont be remaining at the same position as in PvE and by the time the pet understands that and re-allign to hit enemy , voila the Master is dead so no need to do anything more.May be with BM traiting someone might have got some kills, but then what about the Ranger damage,it might be hilarious.
So either buff Rangers with some health and more weapon damage ,or better nerf some other classes which I am of course not going to mention by name.Because YOU KNOW WHICH CLASS I AM TALKING ABOUT!! For now all Ranger is in in pvp is just an easy target and you know that is true.

Gandara

in Ranger

Posted by: Thelgar.7214

Thelgar.7214

Even though we wouldn’t do it now another shot at Greatsword to discuss

A) 1 chain NDA by giving Vigor.
B) Add evade to swoop…

Discuss?

Why do you want to change the Greatsword?
Does the evade have to go and you need to come up with an acceptable solution for it?

I don’t have to change it. I am hoping to improve it with changes without making it overpowered. I think right now one of the major problems, despite being good is that the evade on the chain is very hit or miss and feels very RNG when using it or fighting against it. I would rather put more of the skill of when to evade under player control to give this weapon more agency.

How are you giving the weapon more agency by adding vigor? All vigor does is let you dodge more. When you dodge, you stop using the weapon and go into a dodge animation.

There is already agency with the weapon as it works now. You attack with it and every third attack you evade and you keep using the weapon the whole time. You choose to use the weapon and you get to keep using the weapon as you chose to do while intermittently evading. That is agency.

Taking away the evade and adding vigor makes you stop using the weapon and dodge in order to achieve the evade. That isn’t giving the weapon agency, it is just a nerf.

in Ranger

Posted by: Solid Gold.9310

Solid Gold.9310

I’m worried, very worried they are going to mess the GS up.

It’s a weapon I use more or less all the time, and any “fiddling” with it could mess it up big time.

And as Jon Peters hasn’t posted here for the past 17 days I would assume we have been dumped again.

Jumping puzzles, love them or hate them, I hate them. Thread killer.

(edited by Solid Gold.9310)

in Ranger

Posted by: Holland.9351

Holland.9351

And as Jon Peters hasn’t posted here for the past 17 days I would assume we have been dumped again.

They only had a short time reserved for discussing the new patch notes. Noone got dumped. He talked about all the classes, not just the Ranger. Jon did say it was a successful experiment, so maybe it will happen again.

Just don’t expect any other changes for the 10th of December since none have been confirmed for the Ranger. It’s not that odd since we almost only had buffs. We only really had Natural Vigor to complain about. I don’t think anyone even bothered to complain about the nerf to spirit actives.

I do hope they picked up on some suggestions for the next patch over.

in Ranger

Posted by: Benjamin.8237

Benjamin.8237

Copied from another thread I put this in;
Anyway, due to the current games meta and balance changes, I don’t see how these would be unreasonably overpowered to have back now (since our nerfs anyway).

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Call_Companion
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Dust_Trap Want this back, make it a smoke field.
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Tracking

The last one would give rangers a place in WvW again.

P R I N C E | Best Renger EU
You can find me in PvP | I normally answer PMs

in Ranger

Posted by: Holland.9351

Holland.9351

It says it was a downed skill. So we actually have a better version of it:
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Lick_Wounds

in Ranger

Posted by: Benjamin.8237

Benjamin.8237

It says it was a downed skill. So we actually have a better version of it:
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Lick_Wounds

I know, but I mean as an actual skill. It would make a better shout than search and rescue for sure!

P R I N C E | Best Renger EU
You can find me in PvP | I normally answer PMs

in Ranger

Posted by: Substance E.4852

Substance E.4852

They only had a short time reserved for discussing the new patch notes. Noone got dumped. He talked about all the classes, not just the Ranger. Jon did say it was a successful experiment, so maybe it will happen again.

Just don’t expect any other changes for the 10th of December since none have been confirmed for the Ranger. It’s not that odd since we almost only had buffs. We only really had Natural Vigor to complain about. I don’t think anyone even bothered to complain about the nerf to spirit actives.

Actually we did kind of get dumped. His last post was on how he had an interesting idea to address sword rooting and would fiddle with it when he got to the office and then nothing. we have no idea if his idea worked at all or even what he came up with which is rather unsettling since the current sword is working as intended for the most part.

Connection error(s) detected. Retrying…

in Ranger

jcbroe.4329

Actually we did kind of get dumped. His last post was on how he had an interesting idea to address sword rooting and would fiddle with it when he got to the office and then nothing. we have no idea if his idea worked at all or even what he came up with which is rather unsettling since the current sword is working as intended for the most part.

Every single one of the profession pages had a topic from the devs addressing them, and every single one got “dumped” around the same time frame.

It isn’t something specific to the ranger class, and there is a point in time from the devs perspective that responding to a thread isn’t helping any more because there just isn’t anything else to say.

Not that I think the patch is going to be amazing or anything (hahaha I’m actually chuckling in real life. good ranger patch, that’s a real knee slapper).