Do we know what all the new Traits are?

in Ranger

Posted by: Knighthonor.4061

Knighthonor.4061

Do we even know what all the new traits are?

If so, can somebody share them all with me please…

in Ranger

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

http://dulfy.net/2014/03/21/gw2-ready-up-episode-8-developer-livestream/

Marksmanship: Read the Wind: Longbow and Harpoon Gun projectile velocity is increased by 100%.
Skirmishing: Strider’s Defense – You have a 15% chance to block ranged attacks while in melee.
Wilderness Survival : Poison Master – Poison you apply deals 50% extra damage. Poison your pet’s first attack when they are swapped to.
Nature Magic: Survival of the fittest – Remove two conditions and gain fury when using a survival skill.
Beast Mastery: Invigorating Bond- Your pet heals in an area when executing command abilities (i.e. your F2 skill now heals in an area)

Nalhadia – Kaineng

in Ranger

Posted by: Bran.7425

Bran.7425

My gut reaction is to say bad, but with the free traits resets I will probably unlock them and try them to confirm or deny my initial feeling about them.

Pets have been hidden due to rising Player complaints.

in Ranger

Posted by: Dodosaur.6324

Dodosaur.6324

Read the Wind is the new grandmaster trait… and it seems worthless. I’m not so sure about the poison one. However, more condition removal is always good, and the automatic blocking of ranged attacks is definitely a benefit to melee Rangers. I’m not so sure about the Beast Mastery heal though…

in Ranger

Posted by: Hayashi.3416

Hayashi.3416

Poison Master will be worthless because poison, even in a full condition damage spec, only does 284 damage per second. So that trait adds 142 damage per second.

Out of 4543. So, a 3% increase in damage overall. Compared to that, 3 condition removal every 10 seconds is…

If they wanted to add more condition damage, they should instead make bleeds do 20% more damage, rather than making poison do 50% more damage.

in Ranger

Posted by: ItIsFinished.9462

ItIsFinished.9462

Poison Master will be worthless because poison, even in a full condition damage spec, only does 284 damage per second. So that trait adds 142 damage per second.

Out of 4543. So, a 3% increase in damage overall. Compared to that, 3 condition removal every 10 seconds is…

If they wanted to add more condition damage, they should instead make bleeds do 20% more damage, rather than making poison do 50% more damage.

Taking Poison Master for it’s additional damage output is meh, definitely not worthless though.
But on the other hand, taking Poison Master so you can reduce your opponents healing by 33% on a 90%+ up-time, is priceless.

Arrow Slanger »—> »—> »—>
The Never Ending Repertoire of Ranger Builds
Salt of the Earth {SALT} Crystal Desert© ~~Dragon Rank~~

in Ranger

Posted by: Fomby.4295

Fomby.4295

Taking Poison Master for it’s additional damage output is meh, definitely not worthless though.
But on the other hand, taking Poison Master so you can reduce your opponents healing by 33% on a 90%+ up-time, is priceless.

But, rangers can already inflict perma poison. Especially condi builds which would probably take shortbow #2, sword #3, dagger #4. Then several pets can apply poison. Or our poison trap, which is getting a poison field.

It’s a bad trait.

Maguuma [PYRO]
Kal Snow – Norn Guardian

in Ranger

Posted by: shadowpass.4236

shadowpass.4236

Poison Master should be changed to reduce healing by 66% and increase damage to 700-1.2k a tick

I was a power ranger before it was cool.
Guild Leader of Favorable Winds [Wind]

in Ranger

Posted by: wmtyrance.3571

wmtyrance.3571

I think i’ll wait and see how they are before i judge them. And since we will be able to play around with them seems fun to me. I just don’t believe they will be the as bad as you all are saying. What are you basing all this on wvw pvp? Is it all about the pvp? I don’t see how you could know how they will work without trying them.

in Ranger

Posted by: infantrydiv.1620

infantrydiv.1620

Poison Master should be changed to reduce healing by 66% and increase damage to 700-1.2k a tick

ROFL

Ranger//Necro

in Ranger

Posted by: Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

ROFL

IKR. That is so totally OP, its just absurd.

Imo, it would be great if it was;
Poison does double damage, lasts 20% longer and your pet does +20% more damage to poisoned foes.

With Read The Wind, I’m starting to come around to it, although I believe the arrow speed should be increased by 50% base and the trait should be a further 50% plus 15% crit chance. The amount of sniping I’ve been doing in EoTM would be greatly improved by RtW so I cant wait to try it out now, I just don’t want to drop Piercing for it atm.

(edited by Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582)

in Ranger

Posted by: Kilger.5490

Kilger.5490

Poison master should definately increase duration or something to that effect (pulsing?). More damage is not where its at for poison, not grandmaster.

Kilger – Human Ranger
alts: Fangyre (Necro), Hardrawk (Ele);
Jade Quarry

in Ranger

Posted by: ClaraFee.2579

ClaraFee.2579

Read the Wind is the new grandmaster trait… and it seems worthless.

No way! Totally wrong! Here’s why:

Let’s say you’re auto-attacking with Longbow from from a distance, so say you’re consistently critting and hitting for 2500 damage.

Let’s also say that you’re attacking once per second.

If an enemy moves or strafes, and you miss two shots out of five, then you miss out on inflicting 5000 points of damage in 5 seconds. And let’s be realistic – no matter how skilled you are, you’re going to miss some longbow shots due to enemy movement.

No other trait can potentially add that much damage (or rather prevent you from losing that much damage) in such a small amount of time. And it’s FREE damage! It isn’t dependent on other skills. It doesn’t have a cooldown. It doesn’t depend on swapping weapons, or dealing with your stupid pet, or any other circumstance. And you can’t wash it away with condition removal.

If you’re hitting high numbers with your longbow, anything you can do to significantly decrease the chance of missing is going to make an enormous difference in your DPS.

[MGW] [DHA] [VII]
Join Darkhaven at http://www.darkhaven.us

in Ranger

Kilger.5490

If you’re hitting high numbers with your longbow, anything you can do to significantly decrease the chance of missing is going to make an enormous difference in your DPS.

Problem I have with taking the skill is it is grandmaster, taking away a very powerful trait combo in signet of stone + mastery, and under good circumstances (where you wouldnt have missed without it) adds nothing at all. I will try it out but am also pessimistic, unless they add a flat damage increase or something similar.

Kilger – Human Ranger
Jade Quarry

in Ranger

Posted by: ClaraFee.2579

ClaraFee.2579

Problem I have with taking the skill is it is grandmaster, taking away a very powerful trait combo in signet of stone + mastery

You’re talking about using Signet of the Beastmaster, Signet Mastery, and Signet of Stone all together right? For me, that’s too much of an investment just for a few seconds of invulnerability every minute or so. I’d rather have Read the Wind plus a different Adept trait, depending on the gameplay.

[MGW] [DHA] [VII]
Join Darkhaven at http://www.darkhaven.us

in Ranger

Posted by: thefantasticg.3984

thefantasticg.3984

Clara, you must be talking wvw/pvp because you’d be stupid to take Read the Wind in PVE/Dungeons.

RNG is a bell curve. Better hope you’re on the right side.

in Ranger

Posted by: Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Clara, you must be talking wvw/pvp because you’d be stupid to take Read the Wind in PVE/Dungeons.

Ofc. It’s a totally pointless trait in PvE. Against other players though, its probly going to be invaluable.

in Ranger

Kilger.5490

You’re talking about using Signet of the Beastmaster, Signet Mastery, and Signet of Stone all together right? For me, that’s too much of an investment just for a few seconds of invulnerability every minute or so. I’d rather have Read the Wind plus a different Adept trait, depending on the gameplay.

I guess ymmv then. That invulnerability has saved me countless times, I’m not sure I would want to play ranger without it now but keeping an open mind if “read the wind” is similarly game changing.

Kilger – Human Ranger
Jade Quarry

in Ranger

Posted by: Pyriall.1683

Pyriall.1683

Read the Wind is the new grandmaster trait… and it seems worthless.

No way! Totally wrong! Here’s why:

Let’s say you’re auto-attacking with Longbow from from a distance, so say you’re consistently critting and hitting for 2500 damage.

Let’s also say that you’re attacking once per second.

If an enemy moves or strafes, and you miss two shots out of five, then you miss out on inflicting 5000 points of damage in 5 seconds. And let’s be realistic – no matter how skilled you are, you’re going to miss some longbow shots due to enemy movement.

No other trait can potentially add that much damage (or rather prevent you from losing that much damage) in such a small amount of time. And it’s FREE damage! It isn’t dependent on other skills. It doesn’t have a cooldown. It doesn’t depend on swapping weapons, or dealing with your stupid pet, or any other circumstance. And you can’t wash it away with condition removal.

Read the Wind is pointless because it competes with Signet of the Beastmaster. If you’re going to play LB/GS power ranger, you are competing with thieves for their role on a team. You need signet for the movement speed increase and signet of stone is too necessary to give up.

in Ranger

Posted by: MuchWaffle.2579

MuchWaffle.2579

Marksmanship: Read the Wind: Longbow and Harpoon Gun projectile velocity is increased by 100%.
Skirmishing: Strider’s Defense – You have a 15% chance to block ranged attacks while in melee.
Wilderness Survival : Poison Master – Poison you apply deals 50% extra damage. Poison your pet’s first attack when they are swapped to.
Nature Magic: Survival of the fittest – Remove two conditions and gain fury when using a survival skill.
Beast Mastery: Invigorating Bond- Your pet heals in an area when executing command abilities (i.e. your F2 skill now heals in an area)

Well, that killed my kitten of hope for the ranger class.

Guild: Winds Of Change[Wind]
Server: BlackGate
Lvl 80 Classes: Ranger, Warrior, Guardian, Engineer, Thief

in Ranger

Posted by: Pyriall.1683

Pyriall.1683

Well, that killed my kitten of hope for the ranger class.

Pets are supposed to get more responsiveness with their f2 abilities. Which will be huge.

in Ranger

Posted by: Bran.7425

Bran.7425

I am still a bit concerned that the responsiveness is going to be at the cost of the pet interrupting skills and placing them on cool downs.

It would have also been nice if they could have looked into the cast time/animation length across all the pets, many effects are on needlessly long cast/animations when compared to similar effects in the game.

Prime example why does mighty roar need to take such a long time when compared other might granting effects.

Pets have been hidden due to rising Player complaints.