Not heal as one or troll unguent.

Please and thank you rangers.

-Sincerely thief w/ short bow.

(edited by Azure Prower.8701)

Doing fractals? Use healing spring!

in Ranger

Posted by: Vecuu.2018

Vecuu.2018

But I’ll be in melee range and would rather stay topped off over a longer period of time.

How about you use D/D and come join me?

Jaded [Jade] – Darkhaven Server
Jaded.boards.net – Your future home

in Ranger

Posted by: Decently Evil.9648

Decently Evil.9648

Hey Thief,

Doing fractals? Use Shadow refuge!

Not assassins signet or haste.

Please and thank you thief.

-Sincerely Don’t-tell-other-classes-what-to-do-concentrate-on-your-own-class.

P.S. I’m only joking (Kind of)

in Ranger

Posted by: Supreme.4051

Supreme.4051

He wants to spam clusterbomb for area healing I guess…
Gotta do something since they didn’t add monks to the game ^^

in Ranger

Posted by: Azure Prower.8701

Azure Prower.8701

Hey Thief,

Shadow Refuge is a must for a thief in fractals. Don’t leave the hub with out it!

Also I do have an 80 ranger myself.

I feel healing spring is the best heal skill available for rangers and their extra healing from blast finishers makes it even better.

(edited by Azure Prower.8701)

in Ranger

Posted by: Agadar.4931

Agadar.4931

Healing Spring is arguably the best heal in the game.

It’s also the only actually outstanding ability rangers have.

The Ranger should be renamed to ‘That Guy With The Pretty Good Heal’. Much more accurate.

in Ranger

Posted by: GostGajol.3147

GostGajol.3147

Hey,

Yep I use that heal in pve, pvp, spvp, wvw. Infact I with the exception of useing the single target “bigheal” under water I never use any other heal. Mostly because it removes conditions but also because any other player in my vicinity can get the benefits of it.

Best Regards

Ranger, Wosh Ehrenreich

in Ranger

Posted by: Zaqir.8952

Zaqir.8952

Hey Thief,

I realize you are only joking but I find this is the WORST attitude that I have constantly seen in EVERY MMO.

1)Healing spring is the best heal us rangers have bar non.
1a)In a dungeon when you need to use teamwork it is even better.
2)TEAMWORK, if i see someone going into a dungeon run with a ME FIRST Glass Cannon build I groan, because that person will be doing nothing but asking for people to get them up all the time rather then do actual damage and will most likely have no idea how to work with the team.
3)Someone saying "don’t tell me how to play my class (once again the person who made the quote stated it as a joke but there are others who don’t) shows the utmost form of ignorance.
You don’t need to play another class to know when certain things are required to be done by other classes. Teamwork is not class specific.
4)Finally to assume you being 80 in a class know that class so well that no one else can give you tips or advice to me just shows stupidity.

in Ranger

Posted by: Himei.5379

Himei.5379

Healing Spring is arguably the best heal in the game.

It’s also the only actually outstanding ability rangers have.

The Ranger should be renamed to ‘That Guy With The Pretty Good Heal’. Much more accurate.

100% agree, fantastic skill. Been using it since level 31 and has never left my skill bar. Its pretty great the see the HP of party members and they know to run to you or let me run to them (depends on the situation) for me to cast Healing Spring.

in Ranger

Azure Prower.8701

A ranger in a fractal said to me they use heal as one or troll unguent because they’re a ranger that keeps on moving. Yet even when standing still stacked on top of each other at the chest seal of cliffside, they still refused to use healing spring.

Guess who went down the most during daily fractal run?
(Hint: it wasn’t the glass cannon thief who didn’t go down at all)

in Ranger

Posted by: Avien.8036

Avien.8036

Use whatever heals you want ranger. No one should be allowed to dictate how you play this game.

Not even a glass cannon thief who prides in not going down at all.

in Ranger

Posted by: Esrever.8613

Esrever.8613

I use healing spring but never stand in it long enough for it to be good. Mostly just because the combo field and any assist I can give to my team. Rangers aren’t the best class for team oriented things imo.

sllaw eht no nettirw gnihtemos saw ecno ereht

in Ranger

Posted by: Casey.9687

Casey.9687

Healing spring is terrible….when you get to 10+ levels its best to run Troll Unguent it heals you for more, me and my cousin attempted a duo healing spring to keep everyone up but no one stands still long enough for i to take effect and we get poor heal out of it

in Ranger

Posted by: Munrock.3092

Munrock.3092

Healing Spring’s forte isn’t from standing still in it… that only happens when you’re playing at extreme range where it’s no good to anyone who needs it anyway. Its power is in the combo bonuses from other people or from your own leaps or the kittenload of projectile finishers you’re capable of producing.

There are a lot of ways a Ranger can provide team play. As much as healing spring is useful, I find entangling enemies when a party member is getting swarmed or using multiple sources of quickness to speed-res people happen more often than any other life-saving actions, but maybe that’s just my loadout.

in Ranger

Posted by: Velz.8637

Velz.8637

I seriously find it rude that you come into another class’s thread and tell them how to play or mock the community that plays that class just because you encounter one or two players that play the class differently from the rest. Arena Net promotes different play styles and not a cookie cutter build. I am pretty sure that you don’t see 100% of thief community running around with Shadow Refuge. Its a matter of play style and opinions, if you don’t like how that ranger in your party is playing then by all means just tell him, instead of making a non-constructive thread such as this.

in Ranger

Azure Prower.8701

I seriously find it rude that you come into another class’s thread and tell them how to play or mock the community that plays that class just because you encounter one or two players that play the class differently from the rest. Arena Net promotes different play styles and not a cookie cutter build. I am pretty sure that you don’t see 100% of thief community running around with Shadow Refuge. Its a matter of play style and opinions, if you don’t like how that ranger in your party is playing then by all means just tell him, instead of making a non-constructive thread such as this.

It’s also okay to run full magic find gear and stand in the fire whilst doing fractals. I’m sure the other members of the group will appreciate that.

As for the thread. I just feel it is a warranted public service announcement that can be discussed. But so far I’ve seen no legitimate reason not to use healing spring. Same goes for shadow refuge. If you like you and your group members getting repair bills constantly. By all means. Be that guy.

But I rather you do better. Because when you do better. I do better. When we do better. The whole group does better. Making fractals more pleasant to participate in.

in Ranger

Posted by: Kerishan.8460

Kerishan.8460

I use Shadow Refugee in fractal as thief but i never use it ò.ò no one stay near each other so i can’t use it to heal with projectile.

in Ranger

Esrever.8613

I use Shadow Refugee in fractal as thief but i never use it ò.ò no one stay near each other so i can’t use it to heal with projectile.

shadow refuge is used to rez people most of the time I think.

in Ranger

Avien.8036

It’s also okay to run full magic find gear and stand in the fire whilst doing fractals. I’m sure the other members of the group will appreciate that.

As for the thread. I just feel it is a warranted public service announcement that can be discussed. But so far I’ve seen no legitimate reason not to use healing spring. Same goes for shadow refuge. If you like you and your group members getting repair bills constantly. By all means. Be that guy.

But I rather you do better. Because when you do better. I do better. When we do better. The whole group does better. Making fractals more pleasant to participate in.

Doing fractals? Don’t party up with thief players who can’t play with others.

in Ranger

Posted by: Letifer.4360

Letifer.4360

a long long time ago healing spring was the only heal skill I used, now 99% of the time I’m using heal as one and I have to say don’t miss it at all.

PS: only use healing spring in certain situations like when all party is in the same spot like the hammer fractal but even there I change my skills again after the fire part lol

in Ranger

Azure Prower.8701

Or the thief could just auto attack and not do any thing else. Because hey? If the other group members aren’t putting in 100%, why should he? No one should tell him how to play the game even if he is being a leech! Then suddenly fractals are wiping until they give up and put in the ‘too hard’ basket of the complaint forum.

in Ranger

Posted by: Gelltor.3015

Gelltor.3015

The only place where it’s a must is on the chest bit of cliffside,otherwise I use troll

in Ranger

Agadar.4931

Or the thief could just auto attack and not do any thing else. Because hey? If the other group members aren’t putting in 100%, why should he? No one should tell him how to play the game even if he is being a leech! Then suddenly fractals are wiping until they give up and put in the ‘too hard’ basket of the complaint forum.

Your logic is flawed and you should feel bad for it.

in Ranger

Posted by: NargofWoV.4267

NargofWoV.4267

I don’t use it, won’t either, however I am in a set of armor that when I do pop a heal, it gives auto heal tics to everyone around me. Also, when I’m damaged I have a 10% to give everyone around me automatic heal tics. I find this as beneficial to others as I can get.

Narg, Ranger JQ
Heavy Halo, Warrior JQ

in Ranger

Avien.8036

You must be too simple minded to think that using healing spring will miraculously ensure no wipe in the party. It doesn’t. And your whole post is basically just ranting over a ‘particular’ player who refused to follow your advice to use healing spring. Yeah, learn to play with others.

in Ranger

Avien.8036

That’s why when I start my FoTM group, I do not party with thieves as they come with all kinds of bad attitudes.

in Ranger

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

I abuse Healing Spring, but then again it CONSTANTLY heals debuffs. And when dealing with bosses that like to stack them, being able to take them off of you pretty fast (outside of a Guardian using Save Yourselves!) is nice. Plus well…that big field does help when you’re trying to rez a downed ally. Then again, I’ve always played with saving others in mind. It’s just a shame that it’s the only skill I have that can help other players directly.

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

in Ranger

Posted by: Sina.9208

Sina.9208

A ranger in a fractal said to me they use heal as one or troll unguent because they’re a ranger that keeps on moving. Yet even when standing still stacked on top of each other at the chest seal of cliffside, they still refused to use healing spring.

Guess who went down the most during daily fractal run?
(Hint: it wasn’t the glass cannon thief who didn’t go down at all)

Cliffside is horrible for rangers. I use troll most of the time too, moving around constantly is the only way to play the ranger without being downed all the time.

in Ranger

Posted by: Quarktastic.1027

Quarktastic.1027

I don’t use healing spring. Troll unguent is much better at keeping both me and my pet up and in the fight. Rangers often forget about their pets, but pets can be extremely helpful. Healing spring is absolutely terrible at keeping your pet alive, even if your pet is standing in it.

Those armadillos would be a lot cooler if they looked more like real armadillos. mmm armadillos
-BnooMaGoo.5690

in Ranger

Agadar.4931

I don’t use healing spring. Troll unguent is much better at keeping both me and my pet up and in the fight. Rangers often forget about their pets, but pets can be extremely helpful. Healing spring is absolutely terrible at keeping your pet alive, even if your pet is standing in it.

I have different experiences with Healing Spring. Especially if you take the trait which makes your pet gain all the boons you get, Healing Spring becomes simply the best at healing your pet.

in Ranger

Esrever.8613

I have different experiences with Healing Spring. Especially if you take the trait which makes your pet gain all the boons you get, Healing Spring becomes simply the best at healing your pet.

troll heals more. even if you stand in the spring for full duration.

in Ranger

Azure Prower.8701

If you’re going solo. Maybe.

In a team based activity like fractals. You’re forgetting about the combo field it provides. Nothing can out heal healing spring when it is being spammed with blast finishers.

in Ranger

Avien.8036

In a team based activity like fractals. You’re forgetting about the combo field it provides. Nothing can out heal healing spring when it is being spammed with blast finishers.

Nope troll heals more. Period. You just want the ranger healing spring to heal you cause you can’t keep your health up.

in Ranger

Posted by: ZeroArmada.9426

ZeroArmada.9426

I use healing spring but never stand in it long enough for it to be good. Mostly just because the combo field and any assist I can give to my team. Rangers aren’t the best class for team oriented things imo.

Not the BEST no, but they can still offer team oriented boons depending on your build. My flame trap and ice trap manage to give people fire/ice aura. Then my healing spring not only removes conditions from myself but anyone that is in it, WHILE if someone has a blast finisher it makes that massive splash healing for even more. Not to mention some pets give boons and also remove conditions from others (bears).

in Ranger

Azure Prower.8701

Nope troll heals more. Period.

You are incorrect.

in Ranger

Agadar.4931

Troll Unguent heals 856 per second for 10 seconds, making it heal 8560 health total.

Healing Spring directly heals 4920 and an additional 2340 total in regeneration, making it a total of 7260.

So yeah, Troll Unguent heals for more. But does Troll Unguent provide a water combo field, allowing for additional (group) healing? Does Troll Unguent provide the regeneration not only to you, but your allies as well? And last but not least, does Troll Unguent remove all conditions upon activation from both you and your allies?

No, no, and no. And that is why for my build, which is a BM tank spec with a focus on the regeneration boon, Healing Spring is far better than Troll Unguent.

in Ranger

Azure Prower.8701

Troll Unguent heals 856 per second for 10 seconds, making it heal 8560 health total.

Healing Spring directly heals 4920 and an additional 2340 total in regeneration, making it a total of 7260.

On top of these numbers. The combo field does around 1500~ healing per blast finisher impact. Not only does it heal the ranger and their pet. But also up to 5 of your allies. That is ALOT of healing for one heal cast.

Had myself and another thief spamming clusters into a healing spring. 2 blast finishers per second. You’re not going to see your party dropping from full health any time soon whilst the combo field is up.

Makes me wonder why rangers rather be selfish by not only hindering themselves, but their group as well by choosing not to use healing spring?

I personally don’t need a ranger as a healing crutch for me. But seems others do. The less time I spend ressing others. The more time I get to focus DPSing the boss. The smoother (and faster) the fractal run goes.

in Ranger

Posted by: Manekk.6981

Manekk.6981

So yeah, Troll Unguent heals for more. But does Troll Unguent provide a water combo field, allowing for additional (group) healing? Does Troll Unguent provide the regeneration not only to you, but your allies as well? And last but not least, does Troll Unguent remove all conditions upon activation from both you and your allies?

No, no, and no. And that is why for my build, which is a BM tank spec with a focus on the regeneration boon, Healing Spring is far better than Troll Unguent.

in Ranger

Manekk.6981

Are you sure on these numbers? pretty sure it’s 2000+ something in regen over 3 seconds however that is reapplied again after those 3 seconds expire if you are still in the field you get another 3 seconds etc etc making it 5 regeneration periods if you stayed in the field for the full duration resulting in a bigger but slower heal over time than troll, I still prefer troll myself but the spring’s full duration is more in total but over a longer period I’m quite sure of that.

in Ranger

Posted by: Munrock.3092

Munrock.3092

In a game where one of the core design philosophies is to enable players to help players, where kill stealing and loot ninjaing are gone and players don’t have to party to benefit from each others’ presence and dependence on particular classes is muted to the point of being negligible…

Players start kittening at each other for not helping each other enough.

Brilliant.

in Ranger

Agadar.4931

Are you sure on these numbers? pretty sure it’s 2000+ something in regen over 3 seconds however that is reapplied again after those 3 seconds expire if you are still in the field you get another 3 seconds etc etc making it 5 regeneration periods if you stayed in the field for the full duration resulting in a bigger but slower heal over time than troll, I still prefer troll myself but the spring’s full duration is more in total but over a longer period I’m quite sure of that.

No. I pulled those numbers straight from the official wiki.

in Ranger

Posted by: Casey.9687

Casey.9687

Troll unguent keeps rangers alive more then healing spring , i tried using healing spring many of times but kept going back to troll unguent, yes the combo healing field is nice but why w8 15 seconds for a 2.3k heal on top of a 4.9k heal = 7.9k which healing spring is 30 second recharge, when you can just use Troll unguent for 10 seconds get 8.5k heal and its only a 25 second recharge.

in Ranger

Manekk.6981

in Ranger

Manekk.6981

Yeah I was wrong seemed logical how I explained it though with the longer CD and dependency on staying in the field ontop of that but I just tried it out myself (wich I rarely have before), it works much better for melee though and any finisher will make it pull ahead but the diffrence is tiny and the longer CD makes it not worth it imo, honestly I think it kinda sucks…

in Ranger

Posted by: BobbyT.7192

BobbyT.7192

As a hammer guardian, I prefer that rangers use healing spring, healing strengh goes off of the guy going the finisher, so a ful cleric guardian guardian puts out a huge heal with 2 hammer, that’s not even close to what a thief can do when they get a hand on healing spring.

I’ve never actually had a group with a ranger that didn’t bring it, seen a couple of thieves not bring shadow refuge but they were new players,
Good rangers, will actually use healing spring on the front line so the melee get it and thieves can lay down some healing, even if they themself don’t need the heal.

I don’t need a ranger to have a good group, but I do think they should bring it when they group up, even the glassy cannon thief will bring shadow refuge and spam clusterbomb on water fields,

To think that there are people out there that would not bring it for selfish reason wrecks my faith in humanity.

in Ranger

Manekk.6981

As a hammer guardian, I prefer that rangers use healing spring, healing strengh goes off of the guy going the finisher, so a ful cleric guardian guardian puts out a huge heal with 2 hammer, that’s not even close to what a thief can do when they get a hand on healing spring.

I’ve never actually had a group with a ranger that didn’t bring it, seen a couple of thieves not bring shadow refuge but they were new players,
Good rangers, will actually use healing spring on the front line so the melee get it and thieves can lay down some healing, even if they themself don’t need the heal.

I don’t need a ranger to have a good group, but I do think they should bring it when they group up, even the glassy cannon thief will bring shadow refuge and spam clusterbomb on water fields,

To think that there are people out there that would not bring it for selfish reason wrecks my faith in humanity.

in Ranger

Manekk.6981

I think most like to help their groups as much as they can but noone likes the feeling of gimping themselves to buff others, I don’t want to get weaker and get downed or killed just so my party members get to stay on their feet, the few times I have used it people generally ran away from it anyway.

in Ranger

Azure Prower.8701

I think most like to help their groups as much as they can but noone likes the feeling of gimping themselves to buff others, I don’t want to get weaker and get downed or killed just so my party members get to stay on their feet, the few times I have used it people generally ran away from it anyway.

It all depends on what kind of group you have. If for example you have a thief and knows to spam clusters into the field. That’s a 5K heal for yourself along with a 22k heal over 15 seconds if you stick around (circle strafe) around the water splashes caused from the blaster finishers.

If you have classes that can utilize your healing spring and are not. Speak up about it. Don’t remain mute. The whole point of this thread is to bring awareness as well as discussion you cannot take the time to do whilst running a fractal.

in Ranger

Posted by: Saintly.8062

Saintly.8062

I might be misunderstanding you, but I don’t see how those numbers stack up. The wiki says the same thing as the tooltip – 2340 over 3s. I could be mistaken but it seems reasonable to assume that if that regen is extended to 6s (whether from projectile finisher use or sitting in field long enough) then the heal would be 4680. Thus if you were to sit in the field and/or launch any number of ranged attacks, healing spring would easily outperform troll unguent over time.

in Ranger

Posted by: Durzlla.6295

Durzlla.6295

I might be misunderstanding you, but I don’t see how those numbers stack up. The wiki says the same thing as the tooltip – 2340 over 3s. I could be mistaken but it seems reasonable to assume that if that regen is extended to 6s (whether from projectile finisher use or sitting in field long enough) then the heal would be 4680. Thus if you were to sit in the field and/or launch any number of ranged attacks, healing spring would easily outperform troll unguent over time.

You get 3 seconds of regen per tick, the regen an condi removal are applied on e every 3 seconds for 15 seconds, that means you get a whoppin total of 15s of regen healing you for 11,700, take into account healing power also scales 1:1 with healing power, and regen scales with healing power as well, If you run as a BM ranger or in clerics, magi, shamans, apothecary, or gift giver gear healing spring will be THE BEST heal as a ranger if you can stay in the field, hands down no questions.

Trolls unguent is ONLY better in the aspect that you don’t need to stay in one small area. Take into account that if you’re Melee you will always be in healing spring (with allies) and the combo finishers it puts every other heal in the game to shame.

Am I saying if you don’t take healin spring you’re bad? God no!! Healing spring has some HUGE draw backs, but for raw power of healing (assuming we are testing in a vacuum) healing spring wins no questions asked.

They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family.
As their mother, I have to grant them their wish. – Forever Fyonna