Don't get your hopes up for State of the Game

in Ranger

Posted by: SynfulChaot.3169

SynfulChaot.3169

why is sotg always heavy on spvp stuff?

Because it is the sPvP SotG. It is specifically for sPvP.

Tarnished Coast – Wayfarer’s Accord [Way]
Main: Caeimhe – Sylvari Ranger
Alts: Charr Guardian, Asura Elementalist, Human Thief, Norn Necromancer

in Ranger

Posted by: solrik.6028

solrik.6028

How is more usable abilities on pets too difficult?
It’s a choice, not something you must do.

Especially with the ranger. I shortbow #1’d my way to level 80 and didn’t even really bother with the pet except for sending/recalling.

Anet is aiming at the kids who can’t figure out how to be effective.

Besides, how are pet commands right now as complicated as virtues? The guardian would use the heal in a way that lets him get the most out of it. The guardian would use the aegis just before a boss’ hard-to-dodge attack. The guardian would activate Virtue of Justice when the boss has a high number of vulnerability stacks on it so that everyone gains might.

Ranger sends in the pet. Ranger calls pet when it’s low health. Ranger commands pet to use ONE skill when the situation is right.

in Ranger

Posted by: Shiren.9532

Shiren.9532

It’s an sPvP podcast. The whole reason for it is to have a discussion with sPvP players about game balance and what’s going on with sPvP. They only discuss PvE stuff because it does impact on skill balance (because they haven’t been aggressive with splitting between the formats so far). I think GW2Guru expressed a desire to have another podcast where they discuss other formats (like WvW, PvE and dungeons) but they didn’t have the appropriate volunteers willing to organise it.

After watching the SotG (or at least the ranger part) it doesn’t sound as bleak as it seemed reading it on the forums. I read someone before said the shortbow range reduction was something they were firm on, but the actual podcast seems less set in stone. Instead of just increasing longbow range they could increase shortbow range with the eagle eye trait (and hopefully merge it with piercing arrows or quick draw). This would maintain the range difference but not kitten shortbow usefulness. The thief bow comparison doesn’t seem fair, thieves are a completely different class and the tools they have are very different from a ranger, being in 900 range with a bouncing multi target weapon is very different from how the shortbow for the ranger works. I think they underestimated how fundamentally that alters the shortbow not just in PvE but more importantly in WvW. In sPvP I doubt it would be much of a problem, but in the other two environments it really hurts the weapon.

I agree with the condition removal mentions, moving away from passive and towards active. It’s something I posted about a long time ago (I prefer on demand condition removal, I don’t like RNG, at the time I didn’t realise how powerful Empathic Bond truly was). It would be interesting to see which skills receive condition removal, I’m guessing Lightning Reflexes would be the obvious choice (players have been asking for it to remove immobilise for a long time now). I wouldn’t mind seeing a change to Signet of Renewal so that it had a less powerful active but a shorter cooldown.

He did avoid the pet DPS question but I think that may be because Grouch moved the show along while Jon was writing down what Battosai said. He may have intended to deal with the pet DPS question but the show moved on before he could finish writing. We know the pet DPS was nerfed because it was too high in bunker builds, but the question about moving more DPS back onto ranger weapons (so that they don’t feel tempted to pick up warrior banners) is something I wish he had answered.

Very few people who play a ranger think the spirits and pets couldn’t use a survivability buff, I just don’t think boosting their vitality (again) is going to do be enough. I think some kind of mechanic (like a variation of Shield of Absorption/Protective Spirit from GW1) is what the pet needs. Spirits… I just don’t know any more. I personally don’t like their effects even when they are alive (Jon doesn’t like passive condition removal, why would passive RNG protection or a flat DPS buff be a good thing?). Their actives are also really weak outside of niche scenarios (line of sight stacking actually favours them, but normal combat doesn’t). I don’t think current spirit design is the best option for spirits regardless of how they tweak the numbers.

I’m on board with pet micro limitations. It wouldn’t be as severe if we didn’t have to micro them to stay alive, but to me an AI companion is just that – it’s an AI. I don’t see the appeal of an extra body to control to reach the same level of efficiency. Why not just play a thief or a warrior without having to control two things at once?

Honestly I think Battosai did a good job. I thought it was weird the way Jon got him to ask all his questions before he started answering them. It’s a really weird way to conduct an interview (one of the first things you are taught is to never ask two questions at the same time, people often only answer the second one).

I wanted to see some discussion of the main hand sword but I guess most of its issues are PvE and this was an sPvP podcast. I was a little disappointed the discussion was player driven. As one of the only forms of feedback from the devs it would have been great if Jon had a few talking points of his own for each class. All we get with Q&A is reactionary reflections of what’s going on, the big picture behind the scenes might be more interesting than what fits into the frame of questions asked.

in Ranger

SynfulChaot.3169

It’s an sPvP podcast. The whole reason for it is to have a discussion with sPvP players about game balance and what’s going on with sPvP. They only discuss PvE stuff because it does impact on skill balance (because they haven’t been aggressive with splitting between the formats so far). I think GW2Guru expressed a desire to have another podcast where they discuss other formats (like WvW, PvE and dungeons) but they didn’t have the appropriate volunteers willing to organise it.

I think we, as a community, really need to get people together willing to help with a PvE/WvW SotG. The recent balance patches have shown a near total emphasis on sPvP, and without input from the community I really don’t see that changing.

in Ranger

Shiren.9532

I think we, as a community, really need to get people together willing to help with a PvE/WvW SotG. The recent balance patches have shown a near total emphasis on sPvP, and without input from the community I really don’t see that changing.

Jon also mentioned they have players who they talk and work with (I think he also mentioned private test servers) that they select from the community so it’s not like they don’t have feedback. I don’t know how robust their focus on PvE is in the testing environment (or what kinds of people they are testing it with) but it does exist. They also read the forums but I don’t think their balance with the ranger truly reflects the situation expressed on the forums. He mentions he is aware of the warrior’s power in PvE but I agree they have done very little to move underpowered classes closer to the warrior or bring the warrior down to everyone else’s level. As slow as progress is, the PvE/dungeon meta has been pretty solid since December, if it’s a priority for them to balance it for all classes, it’s certainly a lower one.

I don’t think more feedback at this point makes a difference. The survivability issues of pets and spirits have been clear since the game launched, the feedback was given (people were disappointed to see a downed pet a lot of the time when the developer showcased the first ranger gameplay footage in Queensdale) and they’ve acknowledged the survivability issues months ago (I think it was even in the first SotG). I think the only thing that matters now is time. I read in the new blog that they expanded the skill balance team, so maybe we are more likely to see some progress on these long lasting known issues.

in Ranger

Posted by: Taym.8326

Taym.8326

Ranger pretty much got glossed over. In short:

1. Jon confirmed shortbow range nerf is due to longbow not being ‘attractive’
2. Shortbow range increase may come as a grandmaster trait ‘down the line’
3. They can’t increase the range of longbow or it would break the game
4. Having more than one controllable skill for a pet would be too hard for new players
5. They may consolidate some longbow skills and ‘help power builds out’
6. Totally skipped the question about pet damage nerf

So…yeah. There was talk of flat increasing Warrior’s health pool, however no talk of why my pets do nearly 50% less damage.

4. I Feel rather insulted by this insinuation, guardians have a fairly complex button setup for their class skills and saying that “attack, come back, use X ability, and swap pet” are on the same level as those is downright laughable. If you are really concerned just allow the second ability to be autocastable w/ cntr click, at least that way we can CHOOSE to use it properly or not.

Because it is for sPvP.

in Ranger

Posted by: thefantasticg.3984

thefantasticg.3984

If they would do in GW2 what they did in GW1 then I wouldn’t care about STOG. Only because they HAVE NOT split them 100% do I care whats going on in the PvP side of things. I watch to know what nerfs are coming the ranger way in PVE/Dungeons more than anything.

RNG is a bell curve. Better hope you’re on the right side.

in Ranger

SynfulChaot.3169

If they would do in GW2 what they did in GW1 then I wouldn’t care about STOG. Only because they HAVE NOT split them 100% do I care whats going on in the PvP side of things. I watch to know what nerfs are coming the ranger way more than anything.

Even GW1 didn’t split all skills. They only split some skills as needed. Most skills are the same in PvP and PvE in GW1. That will most likely remain the same in GW2 as they start splitting skills.

in Ranger

Posted by: Durzlla.6295

Durzlla.6295

Can someone please post a link to SoTG?

They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family.
As their mother, I have to grant them their wish. – Forever Fyonna

in Ranger

Posted by: bezim bezec.8635

bezim bezec.8635

I totally agree on the range decrease of sb.

Increased range master trait probably won’t happen for a number of reasons

This is very understandable and I totally agree with what was said.

4. Having more than one controllable skill for a pet would be too hard for new players
This is true.. but there are other reasons why aswell

Yes this is good news. I am tired of playing condi with the exception of power bm

Not really. He agreed that with companions might our pet can do more damage than before.

(edited by bezim bezec.8635)

in Ranger

Shiren.9532

If they would do in GW2 what they did in GW1 then I wouldn’t care about STOG. Only because they HAVE NOT split them 100% do I care whats going on in the PvP side of things. I watch to know what nerfs are coming the ranger way more than anything.

Even GW1 didn’t split all skills. They only split some skills as needed. Most skills are the same in PvP and PvE in GW1. That will most likely remain the same in GW2 as they start splitting skills.

They could have done a lot more splitting of skills in GW1 than what they did. There was a tonne of underpowered skills in the ranger trees that could have easily received buffs in PvE. Unsurprisingly, a lot of them were in the Beast Mastery line.

in Ranger

thefantasticg.3984

Like what? What other reasons? Please, enlighten me. I can’t think of any. If they are too lazy/stupid to figure out the classes core mechanic they can play another class. I hate the fact that we are being held back for an artificially created BS reason.

in Ranger

SynfulChaot.3169

I totally agree on the range decrease of sb.

Nerfing one weapon to force use of another is not acceptable, period. Make it appealing due to it’s own merits. Don’t force us to use it because we have no other choice. That is just bad design decision. Sorry.

Increased range master trait probably won’t happen for a number of reasons

I will hope that it does come. If we wish to specialize in the weapon, there is no reason we should not have that range. LB is not a condition weapon like the SB is. We should, if we choose to run condition, have a suitable weapon for that range. LB is not.

This is very understandable and I totally agree with what was said.

Agree. If it would break the game, it would break the game.

Again, agreed. But pet AI does need to be improved as currently we need to micro the kitten out of the pet and hope that it uses the right moves. No other class has to hope the AI does the right thing to maximize their DPS.

They may consolidate some longbow skills and ‘help power builds out’

I cannot wait to see how they improve the LB. I am looking forward to proudly wielding the weapon.

Not really. He agreed that with companions might our pet can do more damage than before.

We should not receive a blanket nerf to pet damage unless we trait in Skirmishing and don’t take the direct damage traits that may benefit our individual build better. For my pet to do as much damage as before I would need to weaken my conditions and lower my own damage. And I don’t think I have the only ranger build that was nerfed by it. If we receive a blanket across the board pet damage buff, it should be transferred to rangers across the board. As a class, the pets are not so powerful as to have needed that nerf across the board.

They could have done a lot more splitting of skills in GW1 than what they did. There was a tonne of underpowered skills in the ranger trees that could have easily received buffs in PvE. Unsurprisingly, a lot of them were in the Beast Mastery line.

Really? Beast Mastery had some insanely OP skills in GW1. Insanely. Pet shouts Otyugh’s Cry, Heal as One, and the nature spirit Edge of Extinction among them.

(edited by SynfulChaot.3169)

in Ranger

Posted by: GiggleFairy.3807

GiggleFairy.3807

imagine if they put EoE in this game. that would be the most broken AoE in WvW. which is good that they left some things out.

in Ranger

Shiren.9532

I can understand not increasing longbow range, but why not merge Eagle Eye with Quick Draw and/or Piercing Arrows and have it bring shortbow back to 1,200? Build compression and both bows are different from each other at all times. The short bow isn’t a very fun weapon right now.

in Ranger

SynfulChaot.3169

imagine if they put EoE in this game. that would be the most broken AoE in WvW. which is good that they left some things out.

Yes. Yes it would. But if they put in those two pet skills you’d see a lot less rangers complaining about their pets.

I can understand not increasing longbow range, but why not merge Eagle Eye with Quick Draw and/or Piercing Arrows and have it bring shortbow back to 1,200? Build compression and both bows are different from each other at all times. The short bow isn’t a very fun weapon right now.

Rangers really need more traits to affect their bows. Combining the LB cooldown reduction with Eagle Eye and make Quick Draw for SB only, adding in, perhaps, range extension and possibly a small damage buff. Leave Piercing Arrows intact as it effects both. Or perhaps make it SB only and add it to Quick Draw as it honestly does make more sense, gameplay wise, for the SB.

in Ranger

Durzlla.6295

Because that’d make it an EXTREMELY powerful trait, not to mention that they’d need to make another trait to fill the void.

And idk how SB became any less fun, i’ve actually been enjoying it more that it’s super skirmishy.

in Ranger

SynfulChaot.3169

Because that’d make it an EXTREMELY powerful trait, not to mention that they’d need to make another trait to fill the void.

Not that powerful. Look at Burning Arrows for warriors. Range extension, recharge reduction, and increased damage against burning foes in one trait. We should not need more traits to do the same work as the warrior.

EDIT: Apparently I misread and it doesn’t have the range extension. Still. I don’t think it would be to broken.

in Ranger

Durzlla.6295

Not that powerful. Look at Burning Arrows for warriors. Range extension, recharge reduction, and increased damage against burning foes in one trait. We should not need more traits to do the same work as the warrior.

EDIT: Apparently I misread and it doesn’t have the range extension. Still. I don’t think it would be to broken.

Yes, but that’s just CD and some damage boost, what you’re suggesting is a damage boost, range boost, and all your attacks are now a narrow limitless target cone, do you not see how that is significantly stronger than that warrior trait?

Personally i’d like to see them all combined into one trait called"Bow Mastery" and slapped into the Grand Master spot of Marksmanship, and drop Remorseless down to a Master trait, maybe merge it with something else, but i can see a ton of people disliking that.

in Ranger

SynfulChaot.3169

Yes, but that’s just CD and some damage boost, what you’re suggesting is a damage boost, range boost, and all your attacks are now a narrow limitless target cone, do you not see how that is significantly stronger than that warrior trait?

Personally i’d like to see them all combined into one trait called"Bow Mastery" and slapped into the Grand Master spot of Marksmanship, and drop Remorseless down to a Master trait, maybe merge it with something else, but i can see a ton of people disliking that.

Oh! No! Don’t combine all three. That would be too broken. Combining just range extension and cooldown per weapon would not be too broken. Some would complain that it doesn’t affect both weapons anymore but it would also make us choose to specialize in one bow over the other, which isn’t a bad thing.

in Ranger

Shiren.9532

And idk how SB became any less fun, i’ve actually been enjoying it more that it’s super skirmishy.

You enjoyed a sun spirit longbow build so your ability to enjoy some strange builds is… unusual. I don’t see how it’s more or less “skirmishy” than before (I don’t think you are using the word skirmish correctly). Unless you relied on the 3-5 skills for DPS (you didn’t) it’s simply worse than it used to be. It didn’t get better, it does less than it did before, not more. In sPvP the extra 300 range didn’t quite matter as much (although now you will be easier to engage with a gap closer, before this you could maintain range better), you were going to be close to your target regardless (part of why the longbow struggles) but in WvW a ranged weapon needs to have 1,200 range otherwise you will be targeted by the enemy zerg because you got too close. A 900 range weapon isn’t viable unless you are going to sit on the sidelines until the zergs clash , you have powerful escape tools like stealth or you are also running the longbow.

In dungeons the weapon will often play the same, but quite often you will be out of range (the first boss in the Aetherblade Retreat is a good example, running around the room often creates an unavoidable amount of distance between you and your target, quite often the shortbow just doesn’t reach, the Nightmare Tree is now a fight you can’t use a shortbow for without aggroing half the room). In open world PvE I find myself getting so close to my targets I may as well just swoop in with my sword, the engage distance is too close. So much of what made the shortbow a good weapon was built on a foundation of 1,200 range. It’s much less reliable than before.

Making new traits for the ranger is a good problem merging traits is something the devs are actively working on, as was seen with other classes in the last update. I doubt it’d make it a super powerful trait, Quick Draw is pretty weak on a shortbow, the skills are all very situational, when you use them properly they spend most of their time off of cool down. If you merged Piercing Arrows with Eagle Eye you would basically have the short bow the same as it was prior to this patch (most shortbow users traited Piercing Arrows anyway). The shortbow wasn’t OP with 1,200 range and Piercing Arrows before this, it wouldn’t be OP after this.

Every warrior trait for weapon cooldowns has an additional effect. Piercing bullets for the rifle, might on critical strike for the great sword, adrenaline for the axe etc. It might make the bow trait the odd one out for rangers (unless they merged it with piercing arrows, keeping it in the marksmanship line), but it certainly wouldn’t be OP. It restores the short bow to its old range without allowing it to do anything it didn’t do before. The only new thing would be longbows will have 1,500 range and piercing arrows with the same trait.

in Ranger

Posted by: Sol.4310

Sol.4310

This was a very good SOTG, the recent patch has put the ranger in a very good place.

Pet nerf why would they need to speak about that when it was one of best things they done.

SB nerf I could agree with that, SB on thief is 900 why isn’t ours 900.

What I got out of this SOTG was the ranger is only going to get better. Just allot of players here seem to jump on the negative bandwaggon.

If we as rangers spent more time thinking and putting forward good idea’s like most of the other forums we might just get listened to.

Saizo Sol – Ranger
Twitch – Aussie Streamer

in Ranger

Durzlla.6295

@Shiren, Keep in mind i’m a PvPer (tPvP), so the range is a non issue to me for the most part, The reason the Shorbow is more Skirmishy (yes i was using the word correctly) is because Companions Might was buffed, which my PvP build had relied on which made the fights end a lot faster. And lets face it, Companions Might + SB is probably the best combo you could have because no other weapons really throw that many attacks as fast as the SB (maybe warhorn).

And i know that warriors have that, Mesmers have the same sort of thing, as do a few of the Necro ones. Am i saying “Don’t do it it’ll make us OP!” kitten no, i’m just saying i’m cautious about merging those because of how much stronger that is than just X change to weapon + CD reduction, they’d probably have to merge Quick Draw with Piercing Arrows, which i imagine would be harder for them to do since it’s across trees. Then again, i’m no programer idk how this stuff works.

in Ranger

Durzlla.6295

Oh! No! Don’t combine all three. That would be too broken. Combining just range extension and cooldown per weapon would not be too broken. Some would complain that it doesn’t affect both weapons anymore but it would also make us choose to specialize in one bow over the other, which isn’t a bad thing.

Maybe make Eagle Eye boost the damage of both bows and then say Increase Longbow Range, and maybe increase condi durations on the SB skills or increase precision while using SB or something along those lines so both bows actually do get buffed. Or maybe just merge Quick Draw and Piercing Arrows to make it easier shrugs (i’m more concerned about merging piercing arrows just because of how freaking strong that trait is for our prof)

in Ranger

SynfulChaot.3169

Maybe make Eagle Eye boost the damage of both bows and then say Increase Longbow Range, and maybe increase condi durations on the SB skills or increase precision while using SB or something along those lines so both bows actually do get buffed. Or maybe just merge Quick Draw and Piercing Arrows to make it easier shrugs (i’m more concerned about merging piercing arrows just because of how freaking strong that trait is for our prof)

Perhaps it could be combined with SB range and/or cooldown as it doesn’t typically get used with LB due to the incredibly slow rate of fire. So the LB trait would be cooldown, range and damage and the SB trait would be cooldown, range, and piercing. Maybe make the SB one a Grandmaster due to it. Would definitely be worthy of a Grandmaster with that utility.

in Ranger

Posted by: cafard.8953

cafard.8953

Because it’s a class-based game and we’re not thieves? Apart from the name, what do these two have in common? The weapon name has no point whatsoever, it’s just a set of 5 skills which are unique to a class, not to a weapon type. For crying out loud…

Anyhow, i’m impatiently waiting your petitioning to reduce LB range to 1000. I mean, LB on warrior is 1000, why isn’t ours 1000?

Oh, warrior’s axe is melee range. We shouldn’t be able to throw ours either i guess.

Olaf Oakmane [KA]
Save the Bell Choir activity!

in Ranger

Shiren.9532

This was a very good SOTG, the recent patch has put the ranger in a very good place.

Pet nerf why would they need to speak about that when it was one of best things they done.

What I got out of this SOTG was the ranger is only going to get better. Just allot of players here seem to jump on the negative bandwaggon.

If we as rangers spent more time thinking and putting forward good idea’s like most of the other forums we might just get listened to.

It’s not just the rangers that are negative about the class.

Rangers were voted almost universally as the worst class in all formats except sPvP (warriors win that one):
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/I-present-Vote-for-the-worst-Results/first

There is a running joke (based on testing and number comparisons) in the dungeon forums showing rangers do more damage with warrior banners and other environmental weapons than they do with their own (most people would laugh at the idea of picking up a banner for a DPS increase):
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/dungeons/Ranger-DPS-in-Dungeons/first

As Durzlla pointed out, these changes impact on different formats very differently. A lot of the unhappy people perceive these changes to be due to sPvP focused balance leaving the class weaker in PvE.

There are dozens of well thought out, researched and considered posts in the ranger sub forum. People have been making numerous suggestion for fixing spirits, for fixing pet survivability in dungeons, for giving more micro control over the pet, for making shouts better and even merging traits. These threads are less common now because there’s only so many times you can rehash the “fix spirits” thread before you concede after seeing them “buff health” and still see the spirit die to the first mob it comes into contact with.

Consider that the favoured ranged weapon become obsolete in one of it’s former roles, some pets received up a 50% damage nerf and almost all pets received significant damage nerfs across the board and pet leashing was considerably shortened. This is a significant change in WvW, in addition to the shortbow nerfs the ranger is much worse in zerg encounters, the longbow is a weaker weapon and the pet is either frequently returning to your side or you have to stand dangerously close to the enemy zerg to get it to attack. This all happened in the same build. Three considerable nerfs to the class at a time when people were really hoping for buffs. It’s unsurprising there isn’t a lot of positivity to be around. Aside from Companion’s Might, this last patch kicked the ranger when it was already down.

@ Durzlla, are you sure the main hand sword doesn’t put out just as many if not more stacks of might from companion’s might? It has a pretty fast attack rate and has it’s own might stacks. I wouldn’t imagine lining up targets in sPvP would be that common.

in Ranger

Posted by: Chokolata.1870

Chokolata.1870

I do not think this SOTG was bad . What i do mind is that none of the participants were pushing the developer . It seemed like everyone patting each other on the back . Kind of removes the point of it imo

in Ranger

Posted by: Zorby.8236

Zorby.8236

Highlight for me was them acknowledging our lack of power based builds. Optimist in me says yay! Cynic in me is worried for all you trappers getting a nerf…

~This is the internet, my (or your) opinion doesn’t matter~

in Ranger

Posted by: Ofek.1743

Ofek.1743

Surely the obvious solution to the SB issue is:

>Revert the SB range nerf
>Increase LB to 1500 always
>Replace the LB range trait with lbow dmg increase
>???
>Profit

Fixed it for you

in Ranger

Posted by: Levetty.1279

Levetty.1279

Just further proof that they need to fire the entire balance team for ineptness. Especially point number 1.

A normal company gets rid of people who can’t do their job, why do game companies keep them?

in Ranger

Posted by: Hadrians.4567

Hadrians.4567

If u wanna fix the Ranger ( except Power Builds )

buff Eagle Eye to 10% Dmg for LB AND! SB
With Eagle Eye LB Increase to 1500 ( from 1200 ) and SB to 1200 (from 900)

Buff overall LB by 25% Dmg and negate the Barrage 50% Dmg Nerf!

U can do 15k Dmg with Rapidfire in Full Zerk Build but thats in 5 Sec !!!

Do the Math 15.000 Dmg / 5 = 3.000 per/sec

3k Dmg ? really? a normal Shot can go up to 4-4.5k Dmg ……

Power/Berserk Builds with Bows SUCK at Game Start

Now we past over 1 Year and LB is near as Bad as Game Start

Gj ANet Gj……

A Warrior can do easily 20k and above with Killshot and have fun in WvW and Pve ( not in Spvp )

20k in 1 sec! and we do 3k in one Sec -.- oh wait we have a (nerfed ) Pet that die constantly in WvW

ANET nerfed us to the ground and only one Build is Viable ( Bunker with Heal/BM Hybrid )

The best Thing is Spirits ^^ they arent viable since Start and they arent now for WvW and Pve, because they die so easily and are useless.

Gave them Immunity like Banners ? whats thekitten*** Problem?

Sry for Rage but it is rly frustating

(edited by Hadrians.4567)

in Ranger

Posted by: OGDeadHead.8326

OGDeadHead.8326

Highlight for me was them acknowledging our lack of power based builds. Optimist in me says yay! Cynic in me is worried for all you trappers getting a nerf…

Going by the way they handled shortbow vs longbow in this patch, I say I sort of share that cynic view…

Make powerbuilds more interesting, not by buffing them, but by nerfing condition builds. That’s how things are done around these parts.

Win10 pro | Xeon 5650 @ 4 GHz | R9 280x toxic | 24 Gig Ram | Process Lasso user

in Ranger

Posted by: Bart.3672

Bart.3672

Maybe their higherups (marketing department?) has something shoved up them, that forces the balance team to listen to stupid “trends” rather than actual good balance.

If it’s true, they will only loose from this in long term. No one wants to play unbalanced game that favors some classes over others. You just switch to “prefered” class or stop giving a kitten about game.

“You break it – i break you.”
“Might makes me right!”

in Ranger

Durzlla.6295

@Shiren 1h Sword does more might stacking but SB allows my pet to bleed more which is crucial for my build (I have the sword too but I like to stay away from people)

in Ranger

Durzlla.6295

Maybe their higherups (marketing department?) has something shoved up them, that forces the balance team to listen to stupid “trends” rather than actual good balance.

If it’s true, they will only loose from this in long term. No one wants to play unbalanced game that favors some classes over others. You just switch to “prefered” class or stop giving a kitten about game.

It’s not, Anet likes to focus on one or two profs at a time, this patch was warrior and necro, rangers day is coming to shine, just be patient

in Ranger

Posted by: Xsorus.2507

Xsorus.2507

It’s not, Anet likes to focus on one or two profs at a time, this patch was warrior and necro, rangers day is coming to shine, just be patient

Maybe this time they’ll add a hook to our hand to make us more appealing and “bad kitten ” to the community

http://www.youtube.com/user/Xsorus/videos?view=0
Natures Ninja and Pain Inverter – Ranger PvP movies
http://www.twitch.tv/xsorovos

in Ranger

Posted by: Mardermann.7468

Mardermann.7468

truth be told my hopes where not that high anyways.
some Rangers will say “class is good as is, I am so cool..”
some will moan.

I have lost my fun with the class in WvW with the last patch…
On the other side my Necro now rocks.

Sometimes I wonder if they dont have a serious Ranger player at the dev department.
cause even the dungeon builder (whose name I dont remember, sorry dude) who plays as a ranger didnt help much here…

Pet ai is kitten useless(yeah I know there are the supermicromanagment guys out there that “rock” the crappylicious AI like no one else – but I am not that pro)

Shortbow was okay (not great) and they even managed to destroy that.
The Ranger who was my main is now in the shelf… can I please have back all the laurels and stuff I invested in my build?
thanks…

in Ranger

Posted by: Dardamaniac.1295

Dardamaniac.1295

Ok i can barely take seriously this SOTG..Seeing Zombify standing there and demostrating his arms makes me laugh like hell..What the hell dude?Posering brawls in GW2?
Seriously dude?In GW2?In a videogame?You must talk with someone for this..

in Ranger

thefantasticg.3984

Not sure if serious….

in Ranger

Posted by: Chopps.5047

Chopps.5047

Lol Darda, he obviously is in shape but everyone’s biceps stick out when they cross their arms. His posture in general looked terribly uncomfortable so I wonder what chair he has. At least that’s what I wanted to know. Give the man a new chair if you ask me.

Tin Foil Hat Hearer »—> Ranger Extraordinaire »—> “Be like water…”

in Ranger

Posted by: AreUMadBro.6907

AreUMadBro.6907

truth be told my hopes where not that high anyways.
some Rangers will say “class is good as is, I am so cool..”
some will moan.

I have lost my fun with the class in WvW with the last patch…
On the other side my Necro now rocks.

Sometimes I wonder if they dont have a serious Ranger player at the dev department.
cause even the dungeon builder (whose name I dont remember, sorry dude) who plays as a ranger didnt help much here…

Pet ai is kitten useless(yeah I know there are the supermicromanagment guys out there that “rock” the crappylicious AI like no one else – but I am not that pro)

Shortbow was okay (not great) and they even managed to destroy that.
The Ranger who was my main is now in the shelf… can I please have back all the laurels and stuff I invested in my build?
thanks…

same here. Can I have my twilight, arachnophobia and laurels back to account bound? And more important, can I have the fun of playing this back? Cause after this patch I dont have it anymore. Not to mention sky pirates of tyria that sucks so hard

in Ranger

Durzlla.6295

Lol Darda, he obviously is in shape but everyone’s biceps stick out when they cross their arms. His posture in general looked terribly uncomfortable so I wonder what chair he has. At least that’s what I wanted to know. Give the man a new chair if you ask me.

Lol I thought he was sitting on something jagged, he just didn’t look comfortable that entire time xD, we should send him a beam bag curtesy of the ranger community!

in Ranger

Xsorus.2507

What if you could select which ability you wanted for your F2 on your pet?

That might be interesting.

in Ranger

Durzlla.6295

What if you could select which ability you wanted for your F2 on your pet?

That might be interesting.

Idk how I’d feel about this lol, I like it, but at the same time I don’t want multiple abilities being used automatically…. For example, bird F2s and their swiftness skill

in Ranger

Xsorus.2507

I want the ability to turn off that Swiftness, Its of zero use…Half the time i’m not close enough to be hit by it, and it doesn’t actually help that bird Catch the target….It either needs a far better animation (like completely removing the animation) or i want the ability to disable it

in Ranger

Posted by: Leuca.5732

Leuca.5732

1. Terrible idea, as others have already stated.
2. This problem is so easy to solve it makes my brain hurt trying to figure out why nobody’s done this yet. Put shortbow at 1200 range and longbow at 1500. Rework eagle eye trait to work around damage/other utility and remove its range increase. Fix other skills that are labeled 1200 so that they do not actually have a greater range. When longbow is reworked, rangers will finally have something to call their own without it being overpowered.
3. Addressed above. By making the range unchangeable, 1500 is not a huge problem. Arrows at that range will be easily avoided, making the pet the only thing you have to worry about if the ranger is trolling in such a manner.
4. This is absolute rubbish, but if you really wanna help pets without increasing micro, their bars need to be reworked entirely in terms of recharges/damage and how they are affected by traits. There is a huge lack of synergy within many of the pets’ bars and the fact that their utility is often so slow to recharge that your enemy doesn’t even have to watch telegraphing anymore (thanks to that nifty update where they “fixed” pet recharges on swap).
5. Longbow needs a rework. This is not debatable and I’d really love for a dev to explain how it can stand to be left as-is.
6. I can understand nerfing damage and moving it more to the weapons, but pet AI and skill set synergy needs vast improvement as stated in point 4. I cannot afford to have my bird cast aoe swiftness when I am attempting to burst down a target, and I cannot afford to have it waste its f2 on nothing after a swap when I have been attacking a target for 2-3 seconds just to avoid wasting said f2. Moas are a joke, pigs are in the same boat, and drakes are not much better because their f2 cast times are such garbage. On top of all of this our BM traits are just fillers to excuse our using pets as a source of power-based damage and/or some CC utility.

The ranger has but a select few setups (with subtle variation among players) that can be called viable in a competitive setting for reasons that are much easier to fix than people think or are willing to admit because they’re so afraid of power-creep.

in Ranger

Durzlla.6295

I want the ability to turn off that Swiftness, Its of zero use…Half the time i’m not close enough to be hit by it, and it doesn’t actually help that bird Catch the target….It either needs a far better animation (like completely removing the animation) or i want the ability to disable it

Agreed, I’d like to disable the Moa Peck too, or at least drop it to lowest absolute priority.

in Ranger

Posted by: Cuchullain.3104

Cuchullain.3104

Your check is in the mail.

in Ranger

Posted by: jcbroe.4329

jcbroe.4329

Am I the only one who wants to be able to use the pet in a similar way to spirits, by having them give/proc AoE buffs or utility functions similar to the way spirits work? Just thought it would be interesting.

For example, stability training: when any pet uses its F2, allies within x radius get x duration stability with a kitten ICD.

Or even just having them able to pulse boons on an ICD? I mean, if they aren’t going to be valuable damage wise, then they need to retool them to be valuable in some other manner.

Jroh | Former SOAC Ranger Podcaster | Platinum Division Top 100 Player
www.twitch.tv/itsJROH For stream, stream schedule, other streamers, builds, etc
https://www.youtube.com/user/JRoeboat