Druid Healer Confirmed - Feedback [merged]

in Ranger

Posted by: SkiTz.4590

SkiTz.4590

Tragic, You must be ill-informed

As a ranger we were already given subpar dps because we have a pet – Necromancers got pet without the hit to dps

We used bows, dps got slapped to encourage melee combat, melee dmg will ALWAYS be higher

Our animations got tweaked and bugged for some of our melee weapons and now they dont work well.

and now they pigeon hole into a role which every other class is capable of doing in one way or another…

It shows that they didnt listen nor do they care

I’m not sure if I am the one ill-informed if you are the one who suggests that Rangers are supposed to play Longbow for PvE only.

As for PvP goes – we are the most tanky Zerk class atm. We lacked most of things, but we were told that most of base Ranger stuff is going to be addressed as well.

O my…. please… next time you have a thought, let it go.

Rangers aren’t even CLOSE to the top DPS in ANYTHING.
If your talking about that condi burn /trap in PvE which takes over 20 secs to ramp up the damage + the boss staying inside your flame trap/fields……than you are still mistaken

top zerk tank? um no, both zerk guardians and warrior are miles tankier…..just because you have signet of stone (long kitten CD) and a block on GS and taunt doesn’t mean you are tank……

Zerk rangers get HILARIOUSLY destroyed in PvP, not even a question about it.

in Ranger

Posted by: Kailee.8790

Kailee.8790

If they want druid to be a healer, flat out remove all healing from classes not designated AND designed exclusively for HEALING

in Ranger

Posted by: Mcrocha.3891

Mcrocha.3891

Rejoice for what? Being shafted to a healing class?

I really really HATE that type of play-style..

Extremely disappointed..
This is not the reason I play ranger…

don’t use staff then, simple.

Than whats the point of the druid spec line? no point in that spec line if you don’t want to be a healer…. that entire line, along with the celestial form and the staff is healing 80% healing based…..

Not true, it also gives some condi clear and cc options as well.

Local Charr Ruins Everything

in Ranger

Posted by: Dradiin.8935

Dradiin.8935

I think alot of you championing the idea of the druid are not seeing the problem alot of us have, other classes have multiple path’s to get into high end groups. The ranger will have only one path, that’s if we are healbots.

This negates any choice we might have playing as a ranger, i for one play a ranger to shot things with my bow and sic my pets on people. Now if i wanted to get into a high level group i will be expected to heal, and more than likely booted from the group in favor of one who will.

It is the lack of choice that bothers me more than anything else with this decision, i cannot choose to play anything else but a healer.

in Ranger

Posted by: MikeE.8267

MikeE.8267

IMO it’s just right cos that’s going to mean ’GLF Druid ’ Happy days for my ranger.

in Ranger

Posted by: Darrio.6098

Darrio.6098

Twohanded hammer/shovel stance on pure caster Druid specialization looks very awful and clunky. Even in Druid overall development stage.

I see on stream what a/a chain use similar to Mesmer greatsword animation, but i really, really dont want see Druid wield staff like a environmental shovel.

Can this be changed to standart Ele/Guardian one hand running/standing animation?

in Ranger

Posted by: Puck.9612

Puck.9612

Personally I think it looks boring as hell but it will also be ridiculously strong in PvP. With the passive 33% speed buff and all the healing, condi ranger will give d/d ele a run for it’s money as the immortal on point fighter.

Jim Hunter when my other account isn’t suspended

in Ranger

Posted by: Kailee.8790

Kailee.8790

Seen better development talk from the developers of Duke Nukem Forever

in Ranger

Posted by: tuck.2719

tuck.2719

I was really hoping that we’d have some AOE ground target healing skills.

Obviously I haven’t played Druid yet, but Im hoping this way is fun. Not having ground target skills or directional based skills just feels kinda, blah to me.

Were you watching the same video everyone else was?

in Ranger

Posted by: dulfy.1493

dulfy.1493

Hey everyone, here are all the druid skills and traits shown on the livestream, I will be going over the notes in a bit to add in more text

http://dulfy.net/2015/09/25/gw2-druid-ranger-elite-specialization-livestream-reveal/

P.s. The new ranger pets are awesome, especialy that fire wyvern

in Ranger

Posted by: shonefob.7091

shonefob.7091

So so you all know I have mained ranger since GW1 and do love the look of druid but here is my problem youa re back to the problem you were avoding when you made this game. So now everyone waits around because they need a healer and druid is the only healer. Why didnt you make atleast 3 of the classes dedicated healers with this. You can’t tell me Guardian and Ele could not have been dedicated healers aswell. I mean their elite specs are lack luster anyways and I have not heard one person who is excited about them. So now back to the old waiting around because you need that healer to get on so you can do the new raid. Great job.

in Ranger

Posted by: phys.7689

phys.7689

Hahahahahahahahhaahah dedicated healer. Really glad i waited to prepurchase. Gw2 was killed by hot

in Ranger

Posted by: Lazze.9870

Lazze.9870

My jaw dropped. Druid looked good (I mean, for being a healer, not something I would normaly be interested in). New pets looked good.

AND he has been reading the forums and been working on CORE CHANGES.

Jeez.

in Ranger

Posted by: Sicarius.4639

Sicarius.4639

A LOT of people will love this, and A LOT won’t. That’s just normal for this type of role reveal imo. Cut the dev some slack!

Personally: I love it. It will bring some decent new aspects to the game.

Nothing is new about a healer and a trinity.

in Ranger

Posted by: arnitheking.8427

arnitheking.8427

amen

in Ranger

Posted by: Darkalons.1764

Darkalons.1764

I love healing in MMO’s, so I really like the spec. Now, for people who don’t like it, remember what the dev said at the end of the stream. The balance patch will tackle issues with current ranger, so hopefully you will get something out of it

Thanatos Arcana ~ Necro
Princess Ultear ~ Ele

in Ranger

Posted by: TheRandomGuy.7246

TheRandomGuy.7246

Seriously, now we are relegated to healing in dungeons, fractals, HoT, and i am sure it will be a forced thing in WvW as well. So much for hoping my ranger might be viable in the game as something more than " Heal, Heal, Heal".

Only HoT and WvW.

in Ranger

Posted by: Prophet.1584

Prophet.1584

Ranger already is one of the highest DPS classes in PvE.

And if you watched the glyphs and traits – it’s going to be massive for PvP as well as WvW.

Also, Rangers currently have the potential to become the reason why ZerkMeta stays alive and all people might end up loving you.

I don’t see a single reason how can you guyz get disappointed! We already have all the offensive possibilities on live. This was what we needed for CC, Condi Clear, Defensive support.

We
Got
Everything
We asked of druid!

Come on! What’s wrong with you? If you want an offensive Ranger – you have access to it already. If you want any other one – you just got access to all of it with druid.

THIS. I for one really love the druid reveal it looks incredible. yea we get a ton of healing but the Druid also does very good dps. if no one noticed the numbers where on par with the damage we do now and he had no amulet on! so we got good base damage, TEAM SUPPORT and buffs. throw on the proper armor and runes/sigils and ranger is the new ele now. stop complaining before we even test it.

I’m sorry, Dave. I’m afraid I can’t do that.

in Ranger

Posted by: Thz.7569

Thz.7569

Now we have a prot and a healer. GW2 just needs content that requires both outside of sPvP and WvW. Hopefully HoT delivers on the PvE front.

I’m very confident it will. It’s been said time and time again that they’re proud of their game when it comes to pvp because it really pushes players and they want this for pve.

in Ranger

Posted by: Malindor.1089

Malindor.1089

I have never been so happy playing GW2 since beta! I love nature-support themes with decent damage. Seeing the awesome new pets and the lovely support specs, I’m in love with druid! That is to say my opinion so might not be the same as others.

in Ranger

Posted by: Girion.5483

Girion.5483

Tbh, I couldn’t have been more disappointed.
They basically turned the druid into a monk with Death Shroud. So many recycled concepts patched together, it’s not even funny anymore.

Why put a strong focus on the trinity when GW2 is supposed to have none?

Not at all what I expected the druid to be like and I also don’t see the connection to the lore.

(edited by Girion.5483)

in Ranger

Posted by: TJgalon.5012

TJgalon.5012

It funny, Meta really mean nothing in gw2 to me. Play how you want, and have fun and guess what, 99% of the game is open to you. I hear that some super high end things need the best builds, and I really do not know, but so far, I never been shut out of anything, so why care about what the meta is.

in Ranger

Posted by: Nicknobreak.7543

Nicknobreak.7543

Seriously, cynics be darned that was the best Elite Spec out of all of them. The Druid is everything us Rangers could want and more. Thank you Irenio. Your dedication is unmatched!

in Ranger

Posted by: Petrol.9086

Petrol.9086

Rejoice for what? Being shafted to a healing class?

I really really HATE that type of play-style..

Extremely disappointed..
This is not the reason I play ranger…

But the Druid also has some really potent tools to let you kite and disengage. Maybe it’s not a direct archer buff but there’s definently something there for a ranged role.
Also did you see the pets!? Holy kittennuggets!

Anyway, elite specs never were intended to be a direct boost or upgrade, it’s a side grade where you give up a trait line to change the base classes place style and cover a weakness. Like say, support in the case of ranger.

(edited by Petrol.9086)

in Ranger

Posted by: Sicarius.4639

Sicarius.4639

Personally I think it looks boring as hell but it will also be ridiculously strong in PvP. With the passive 33% speed buff and all the healing, condi ranger will give d/d ele a run for it’s money as the immortal on point fighter.

Seeing as the game is balanced via PvP it’s going to be interesting to see if Ranger is OP on point. If so they’ll have to nerf it, that would effect how well they can heal in raids… they could be painting themselves into a corner here.

in Ranger

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

Holy Trinity is a very specific thing.

Adding in a heavy healer does not make it a holy trinity.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in Ranger

Posted by: Lily.1935

Lily.1935

I was hoping for the Dungeons and dragons aspect of the druid. more along those lines who had 3 specific types of play style. Shapeshiftery brawler type, group healer/support, and beastcaller(summonerish). We get one of three and I have to say I’m rather underwhelmed. No utility to support pets aside from one trait but it doesn’t give any incentive to run underused pets. Nothing along those lines at all.

in Ranger

Posted by: Demented Yak.6105

Demented Yak.6105

You’ve got to be kidding.

You might be the only one to not even consider playing the druid now.

in Ranger

Posted by: Lehtomaki.8705

Lehtomaki.8705

I allready played bunker/support guardian in pvp and this seems like better version of it! Im so kitten thrilled!

in Ranger

Posted by: TheLastNobody.8319

TheLastNobody.8319

So it seems I have a new nemesis profession now….very well I look forward to our many battles.

- Sincerely, Necro Reaper.

A knight in shining armor is a man who never had his metal truly tested.

in Ranger

Posted by: Tskales.2804

Tskales.2804

Have they altered stances before?

If not i wouldn’t get my hopes up. Afterall, human and sylvari males are still stabbing themselves in the face when they run with swords.

“I’m sure glad that A-net is spending the 20 minutes or so that it would take to remove
the hobosack on making more important additions to the game.
Like golden pigs for the gem store” – Gern.2978

in Ranger

Posted by: arnitheking.8427

arnitheking.8427

as I said on other topics, amen m8

in Ranger

Posted by: OGDeadHead.8326

OGDeadHead.8326

Thz, arnitheking, Tragic… I fully agree with all of you guys. The druid reveal is by far the biggest game changer of ALL the elite specializations. If it actually lives up to it in actual gameplay remains to be seen, but so far, no other elite did even come close to ours imho.

Also – new pets!

Win10 pro | Xeon 5650 @ 4 GHz | R9 280x toxic | 24 Gig Ram | Process Lasso user

in Ranger

Posted by: Marcus Greythorne.6843

Marcus Greythorne.6843

A LOT of people will love this, and A LOT won’t. That’s just normal for this type of role reveal imo. Cut the dev some slack!

Personally: I love it. It will bring some decent new aspects to the game.

Nothing is new about a healer and a trinity.

well I meant new to GW2’s gameplay, healing wasn’t very important in GW2 so far.

http://gw2style.com/index.php – show your look and rate others – great filters!!

in Ranger

Posted by: Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

screw the glyphs, screw the staff. Going old school condi ranger with the druid trait line to be immortal in PvP. Condi’s on me? Lolz let me just drop 13 of them and full heal with celestial form/

Oh and I hope they are actually giving pets condi damage since they all seem to be so condi focused now

Settler Amulet… Wow.

in Ranger

Posted by: Kirschsahne.2081

Kirschsahne.2081

INB4: GLF Druid!

Seriously, this is what I’m afraid of. GW2 was supposed to avoid the situation where you’re stuck waiting for a healer. I liked that a lot.

I hope that doesn’t happen now.

And GLF experienced zerker is way better ??
People throwing you out because you are ranger or Necro is better ????

A-Net is absolutely right in stating that right now we are in a toxic meta that destroys the game.

Druid and Tank will totaly change the whole lazy game style…

Bravo A-Net

Just to clarify: I hate the zerker meta as much as anyone else; it’s stagnant and boring, and stifles creativity….but it’s more the fault of the enemy design than anything else.

Thing is, every bit of content in the game atm is able to be completed without a zerker meta party. Zerker is just the most efficient way of doing it.

All I was saying was I HOPE the content they’re making doesn’t obligate the use of Druid/dedicated healer, since that directly contradicts one of the core design philosophies of GW2 (and the reason they gave everyone a dedicated heal skill.)

And i hope it does.

There is nothingmore wrong with everyone can do everything.
Heavy guys with scepters…. light armor guys with Great Swords…. thats ridiculous.

More class based game play is exactly what we need.
Just try to tell the arty guys at WoT they should do direct attacks or Heavy tanks to stand behind front and arty fire… they would show you the their favorite finger.

A-Net is doing a step into the right direction.
Back to a FANTASY game where guys with sword n board charg the opponents and fine archers shoot arrows…..
They will get tons of bitter vest back who are willing to spend some coin instead catering to mindless kids who are not able to spend anything.

They get some of my money fore sure.
HoT was instantly ordered after the Druid reveal

in Ranger

Posted by: Malindor.1089

Malindor.1089

I can’t wait to try out druid! Dragons, dragons everywhere!

in Ranger

Posted by: Dradiin.8935

Dradiin.8935

Druids got rangers to become a part of the meta come HoT expansion, and as far as I can tell, meta in WvW, PvP, and Raids. I don’t see how anybody could make a sad face about this change. That’s a huge change from being on the outside looking in currently.

The dev did say he’s got changes coming for Rangers as well, so expect other boosts to rangers. I mean looking at rangers currently, there’s already enough pew pew, and condi tanky rangers are already fairly solid. The thing that keeps rangers out of the current meta have more to do with the lack of group support than anything else.

With druids, you get possibly the best group support available come HoT expansion. Smile, it’s time to celebrate.

Not sure how you can separate the Druid from the Ranger.

I strongly doubt you main a ranger, cause as far as my experiences go i am generally shunned from groups on my ranger, but if i mention i have any other class cept maybe a Mesmer i am in the group.

in Ranger

Posted by: Soul.9280

Soul.9280

Most of the other elite specs have underwhelmed me, however I’m very excited about the Druid spec. Irenio, thank you… and keep fighting to keep Druid this exciting in its final form.

in Ranger

Posted by: HotHit.6783

HotHit.6783

Ever since I picked up Ele, all I’ve been wanting the entire time I’ve played Ranger is the ability to drop into water attunement and throw out a bit of non-regen healing.

Well, Druid can definitely do that and boost the party’s DPS and cleanse condis so I can run poison master and knock people off points with a utility and HHNNNNNGG

Never Fight Alone” – Sunspear Creed
There, it’s dead and it’s never coming back!” – Famous last words

in Ranger

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

Hahahahahahahahhaahah dedicated healer. Really glad i waited to prepurchase. Gw2 was killed by hot

Did you actually watch the stream or are you just taking peoples word for it? Because I wouldn’t really call it a dedicated healer after watching the stream (nor does ArenaNet btw)

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in Ranger

Posted by: Prophet.1584

Prophet.1584

amen! and glad to hear him say in the stream that he’s read the forums and that he’s going to address base ranger bugs/changes. This stream just got me to buy HoT.

I’m sorry, Dave. I’m afraid I can’t do that.

in Ranger

Posted by: Rizo.9534

Rizo.9534

Looks really awesome!
Finally something useful for whole party!

Should comlete LS for ToughVitHealing power trinkets xD

in Ranger

Posted by: xvalkyrie.6742

xvalkyrie.6742

There is no taunt in the game, so no tank. Which means no trinity. Support specs are getting love, that’s all. Right now most people go power, while some do condi, and few do support. That’s the GW2 trinity. No worries.

Valkyrie – [RMPG] Blackgate
Altaholic, can never have just one!

in Ranger

Posted by: Kirschsahne.2081

Kirschsahne.2081

Nope GW2 was saved by HoT.
More class based game style is what brings financial stable vets back to the game.
Sorry for the zerker kids, but the dark ages end here

in Ranger

Posted by: Seisus.6591

Seisus.6591

I’m so happy you guys get your own Roy. I’ll be seeing myself out now.

in Ranger

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

I didn’t want to be another cleric staff guardian. This is extremely underwhelming for offensive minded players, the druid is a glorified heal bot.

Basically players who want to be offensive will take the damage boost glyph for the group, frost and fire spirit, and have to waste a traitline on the druid traitline just to be able to use glyphs because the rest is more healing crap that won’t synergize with berzerker or marauder stats.

Yeah, yeah, they love to talk about how berzerker won’t be a thing. I doubt it. And I really don’t like being pigeonholed into being a healer.

One of the very reasons they gave everyone their own healing was so that we wouldn’t have assigned healbots, and now they’ve gone and made the druid specialization a healbot itself with mediocre personal damage.

in Ranger

Posted by: iKeostuKen.2738

iKeostuKen.2738

I’m not a ranger main, but i can gladly say, you did both the class and the game a huge improvment with this idea.

Itl bring more to the game, give the devs a bit more space to throw down more challenging content.

Loving the designs you did for both the Druid and Scrapper.

in Ranger

Posted by: arkealia.2713

arkealia.2713

We already had Geesus but this one is way above °°

in Ranger

Posted by: Sorin.4310

Sorin.4310

According to ArenaNet, the Berserker meta will NOT work. Druid will be amazing because of this. Druid has the possibility to be the most used specialization… At least the most needed

Arenanet is going to be (partially) wrong. It may not work for the number of people who run it now, but there’s going to be people who will be able to run it.

In reference to “druids healers in dungeons”. Please don’t. We already don’t need healers in dungeons, and since that content isn’t changing, we won’t need them once HoT is released.