Druid Healer Confirmed - Feedback [merged]

in Ranger

Posted by: Wuselknusel.4082

Wuselknusel.4082

I am not talking about the Druid, I am talking about the Ranger in general. Irenio said that the Ranger needs niches. I am responding to this with the statement that we don’t need niches but a properly working profession mechanic and not more.

in Ranger

Posted by: Wuselknusel.4082

Wuselknusel.4082

I don’t understand how anyone on this forum can complain about anything. The pets were absolutely FANTASTIC!

Since when are pets amazing?

Since the fire wyvern and smokescale were revealed.

Smoke field or massive fire field.

You mean that fire field that disappeared as soon as the Wyvern stopped casting?

in Ranger

Posted by: quercus.9261

quercus.9261

lot of pew pew boo hoo in this thread

druid is going to be awesome. It just became part of the WvW meta. thanks!

in Ranger

Posted by: UnitedChaos.8364

UnitedChaos.8364

#praiseirenio
15 char

Add “United Chi” to your friends list or guild!

in Ranger

Posted by: Sorin.4310

Sorin.4310

Arenanet is going to be (partially) wrong. It may not work for the number of people who run it now, but there’s going to be people who will be able to run it.

It may not work for everyone actually. It is possible that they will go lazy mode and just add tanking/healing checks.

I think these are going to be in it, and people are still going to find ways to run zerker. Just like people found ways to push into high FoTM. Players are far more creative with content than Anet is.

in Ranger

Posted by: Tragic Positive.9356

Tragic Positive.9356

Before I begin, let me clarify a few things till I get to the potential of our Druid specialization.

• Druid concept is what we Rangers needed
    ~ Whether people like it or not – this move from ANet was exactly what Ranger needed. Of course people will disagree but those are mostly aesthetic opinions. People wanted druid to support up their role-play… But that has nothing to do with competitive environment at all.
    While I’m aware of your disappointment in druid offerings, please, you have to realize that you never needed druid for your role-play in the 1st place. Everything you needed was already there.

/- Druid achievements
~ It made us unique as a game role
~ It gave us everything we lacked (reliable CC, sustain, mobility, utility…)
~ It has great design and provides exactly what ranger needs for PvP and WvW – giving us a welcome notification into places where we never had access to

/- Notification to the Main Developer behind Druid
I’d like to thank all of you who worked behind this. The druid as a concept, idea and mechanical strength has been a huge hit (and I believe you hit the nail on the head). You not only gave a lot of us a reason to play, to fulfill their expectations and gave us a free ticket into competitive…
… You addressed everything our community have been asking for for ages (well, you couldn’t fix everything but you get the point). And that’s something we, as a community, have never ever experienced in our GW2 experience so far.

And I’d like to thank you in name of all of our community, regardless of what most of the disappointed people say.
You did a great job and I just wanted to say that we are thankful.

It doesn’t matter now how the numbers are – you did an amazing job and I as a student of nuclear chemistry, living a life of numbers, observation and creative thinking, can tell that the potential you gave us is amazing.
If tweaks are needed (for being too powerful or weak), that we will let you know.

Once again.
Thank you.

“Observe, learn and counter.”

in Ranger

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

I haven’t watched the stream,. Can anyone give an (unbiased, regardless of stance on trinity etc etc) synopsis/overview of the Druid?

https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/3md6yh/twitchcon_panel_2_druid_ranger_elite/

Aha thanks!

in Ranger

Posted by: Levetty.1279

Levetty.1279

You have to worry about positioning to maximize your heals,

Well yeah sure, in the same way you have to worry about positioning to actually hit enemes with melee weapons.

in Ranger

Posted by: Wondrouswall.7169

Wondrouswall.7169

Passive 33% movement speed so as long as you don’t have a movement-impending condition on. And if you do, the duration of those conditions are reduced. So long Signet of the Hunt!

PET PRECISION & DPS TESTS -OUTDATED-
Will update once Path of Fire releases.

in Ranger

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

They have never had a no trinity philosophy.

They have had a no holy trinity or forced trinity philosophy.

And the fact that you can mention basically every class as giving healing, would very much suggest that it is still true.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in Ranger

Posted by: Tora.7214

Tora.7214

soo with healing now being actually significative, wich gear you guys will be the meta now for druids? cleric? magi? celestial, cleric?

cleric armor with magi accessories sounds like a solid choice imo

or maybe should anet create a new atribute armor that has healing power as main, then power and prescision as secondary?

what secondary weapon will you guys be using? staff seems like a pretty nice replacement for LB, so me personally will get my GS or S main for extra movement and some melee dmg

(edited by Tora.7214)

in Ranger

Posted by: Walhalla.5473

Walhalla.5473

I haven’t watched the stream,. Can anyone give an (unbiased, regardless of stance on trinity etc etc) synopsis/overview of the Druid?

Spam heals to fill a bar to enter a mode where your heals are stronger.

You have to worry about positioning to maximize your heals, so “heal spamming” is already going to be a more skillfupl playstyle than current meta.

From what I’ve seen, healing with Druid is less about just watching Bars and mor about Positioning yourself perfectly and also using the Attacks of your Opponent to Support your Team ( Hello Snipers, your Volleys are Healing me )

in Ranger

Posted by: Knighthonor.4061

Knighthonor.4061

I am excited for this change.

But we should have all saw healers coming.

1) the Pro-Trinity article from Anet interview- especially when pre-release Anet was very anti-Trinity.

2)Changes to Engineer Med Kit to better outpool healing vs its original design. Now that Druid is revealed and Healers revealed, the numbers on Med Kit will likely be adjusted.

3)Revenant’s tablet should have been the wake up call really if none of the above opened your eyes.

4)Ele Tempest full outsource heal shouts

in Ranger

Posted by: Levetty.1279

Levetty.1279

Thanks for the boring mindless heal spam, so fun!

in Ranger

Posted by: Puck.9612

Puck.9612

I hate when they merge threads…
Dulfy is already updated http://dulfy.net/2015/09/25/gw2-druid-ranger-elite-specialization-livestream-reveal/

I wonder if traited shouts will work with Cosmic Wisp….

Jim Hunter when my other account isn’t suspended

in Ranger

Posted by: nagymbear.5280

nagymbear.5280

I am not talking about the Druid, I am talking about the Ranger in general. Irenio said that the Ranger needs niches. I am responding to this with the statement that we don’t need niches but a properly working profession mechanic and not more.

Well for a very long time rangers were asking what the class should be according to Anet. Last this was mentioned by Anet they talked about ranger being the best ranged damage dealer in the game. If you think of PvP there is also almost no role ranger can play (at least that’s the impression I get from PvPers). So yeah we need niches. The hard content probably will put players into niches anyways if it is required to bring certain functionality into raids (i.e. hevy heals, heavy cc, ranged condition damage dealer….).

Khert Devileyes – Ranger / Mano Negra – Thief / Nagymbear – Warrior /
Elona Bonechill – Necro / Fionna Gymirdottier – Guard /// RoF

in Ranger

Posted by: Lehtomaki.8705

Lehtomaki.8705

Agreed, irenio is the best dev, best elite spec.

in Ranger

Posted by: Gotchaz.7865

Gotchaz.7865

The whole idea around Druid is now Rangers have a group mechanic, before we were more of a solo selfish class. Groups didn’t want us because we added no real value. Now we have a spec that will be awesome in groups. You can still just be a ranger like before but at least now we have an option of a more solid role in a GROUP setting. No one is making you become a Druid if you don’t like healing.

Beowulf-Defender of the JQ Realm and Warrior of the SF clan.

in Ranger

Posted by: Substance E.4852

Substance E.4852

While I agree that we should wait and see what the new content brings before really getting upset I do worry that the spec will be useless on anything but a full Cleric’s Ranger.

(No you aren’t going to be able to spam Druidic Clarity at will guys. Wake the kitten up.)

I’m also rather disappointed in the dropping of the Aspects for what sounds like a copy/pasta of the Life Force Necro mechanic. It just feel a lot more one dimensional than I expected.

Connection error(s) detected. Retrying…

in Ranger

Posted by: Toyah.4902

Toyah.4902

I’m going full celestial with longbow and staff most likely. (‘cause I’m lazy)

in Ranger

Posted by: Lehtomaki.8705

Lehtomaki.8705

I wish i could shake hands with this guy, he deserves a big tap on his back! We love you.

in Ranger

Posted by: Toyah.4902

Toyah.4902

Thanks Irenio

in Ranger

Posted by: rabidsmiles.5926

rabidsmiles.5926

I am amused with the amount of complaints going on here about being a heal-bot and not being able to PEW PEW away in a dungeon/raid/where ever. Guys…we HAD NO PLACE before…we were taken because no one else would fill a slot. Now we should have a slot and rightfully so. We won’t be the joke profession any more and I am thrilled with that! Some players enjoy playing a healing profession and now we get the option to. If you want to still run around with your bow and bear and pew pew your heart out go for it…but don’t try to spoil the new toys for the rest of us!

in Ranger

Posted by: Mcrocha.3891

Mcrocha.3891

Thanks man. He actually listened and gave the Ranger the one thing it needed the most: group utility.

Local Charr Ruins Everything

in Ranger

Posted by: ZDragon.3046

ZDragon.3046

Am I the only one who thinks the staff and Druid should be condition damage and healer?

Would be too strong..
slam some conditions on and run like a coward while healing and letting the conditions tick on your foes

That would be my guess as to why its not done that way.

in Ranger

Posted by: paintpixie.7398

paintpixie.7398

I think it was definitely an interesting way to go.

I like that they added new pets. My current main ranger’s character…doesn’t fit in with druid. However, the class itself still interests me, and I may just level a third ranger so I can take on more of a druid role with a different character, instead.

Actually, with elite specializations, my main character is starting to feel more like a warrior. Too bad there’s no way to change class. That would be a nice option, eventually, I think.

in Ranger

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

ArenaNet have never been anti-trinity. They have been anti-forced holy trinity, which is rather different.

Healers have been in the game since release. They have simply made them better latety.

We know that you love the holy trinity and want ArenaNet to put it into the game, but this is not a step towards that. It is simply them going forward with what they have been doing since release.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in Ranger

Posted by: Vermagus.7804

Vermagus.7804

THANK YOU! i would have played my ranger anyway… now i don’t need to play other classes also.

in Ranger

Posted by: mtpelion.4562

mtpelion.4562

So our Elite spec will be designed for raids, which are participated in by about 5% of a game’s playerbase (based on stats from other MMOs).

I knew bringing raids to GW2 was a bad idea, but I didn’t realize it was going to be this bad.

Server: Devona’s Rest

in Ranger

Posted by: Demented Yak.6105

Demented Yak.6105

I think I’ll try out Nomad. No damage but there’ll be a hell of a lot of survivability and support with ranger now.

in Ranger

Posted by: Shadow Phage.9084

Shadow Phage.9084

I already have an apothecary set. Will probably just stick with that.

in Ranger

Mcrocha.3891

I am not feeling the druid at all. I don’t what to be the designated healer. This may work for a wvw commander.

With that said he did an execellent job on the Druid. I have very high hopes for what he will do in the future with tweaks on the ranger as a whole.

Thanks Irenio for all of your hard work.

I don’t think Druid pigeonholes us into dedicated healers. I can think of countless builds to run now that don’t require staff, but can pump out damage, cc, and now support just with the addition of the Druid trait line and the introduction of celestial form.

in Ranger

Posted by: Nicknobreak.7543

Nicknobreak.7543

They weren’t lying when they said Druid would have one of the biggest impacts on PvP. I can imagine all the ways that top-tier tournament level competitors could use all of the Druids abilities. This is huge.

in Ranger

Posted by: nagymbear.5280

nagymbear.5280

In the reveal Ranger had 15k HP, so prolly cleric/settler, or zerker/rampager gear was used. We don’t know anything about the heal scaling (which will probably change till launch anyways). So seems kinda pointless to guess atm.

Khert Devileyes – Ranger / Mano Negra – Thief / Nagymbear – Warrior /
Elona Bonechill – Necro / Fionna Gymirdottier – Guard /// RoF

in Ranger

Posted by: mtpelion.4562

mtpelion.4562

I am amused with the amount of complaints going on here about being a heal-bot and not being able to PEW PEW away in a dungeon/raid/where ever. Guys…we HAD NO PLACE before…we were taken because no one else would fill a slot. Now we should have a slot and rightfully so. We won’t be the joke profession any more and I am thrilled with that! Some players enjoy playing a healing profession and now we get the option to. If you want to still run around with your bow and bear and pew pew your heart out go for it…but don’t try to spoil the new toys for the rest of us!

You will only have a spot in the new content. You will be auto-kicked for all existing content.

Server: Devona’s Rest

in Ranger

Posted by: rabidsmiles.5926

rabidsmiles.5926

I have never cheered out loud so much as I did as that stream went on. That’s a Dev who’s shown us that he’s been listening and reading and paying attention to what we have to say. Looking forward to his posts and seeing where this amazing elite spec is going to be taken.

in Ranger

Posted by: Legendofzelda.1278

Legendofzelda.1278

so this is not me complaining just something I was thinking about. People thought sustain with ele is bad imagine a mix with druid the sustain is going to be intense

in Ranger

Mcrocha.3891

Settler/apothecary too strong

in Ranger

Posted by: Grymlocke.1067

Grymlocke.1067

Hmm tbh i was really gutted we didn’t get shape shifting its the one thing I was hoping for not because it was the one amazing thing from wow but because shape shifting has been my lure to most games

Healing looks ok but it doesnt show in the interview / broadcast

1: how long u stay in A/form for
2: does using skills drain it or lengthen it

in Ranger

Posted by: Fernling.1729

Fernling.1729

I am ridiculously happy with the druid. I seriously can’t wait to play it. Druid looks amazing.
Healer class is one of the things I’ve missed the most when playing GW2.

in Ranger

Posted by: DiogoSilva.7089

DiogoSilva.7089

You will only have a spot in the new content. You will be auto-kicked for all existing content.

New content should have the better rewards, and you can always switch back to ranger for everything else.

After raids and updated fractsl are out, do you really think people will still care about poorly-made dungeons?

in Ranger

Posted by: Linfang.1087

Linfang.1087

The twitch chat response was priceless during the reveal. I laughed so hard I cried. The OMG, WTF, Is this real? OP filled the screen.

I am just ready for the "Go Druid or GTFO "elitism that will be in grouping now. I am already calling it.

in Ranger

Posted by: Wondrouswall.7169

Wondrouswall.7169

I wasn’t feeling the idea of being a heal heavy spec when he first said it would be, but with every passing minute I was becoming more and more ecstatic. Man, this is gonna be awesome.

Likewise, I’m still soaking it in. Looking over the tooltips and I’m seeing synergy with builds. Staying off on those though since a balance preview is still to come.

Cheers, ICH!

PET PRECISION & DPS TESTS -OUTDATED-
Will update once Path of Fire releases.

in Ranger

Posted by: ScribeTheMad.7614

ScribeTheMad.7614

So our Elite spec will be designed for raids, which are participated in by about 5% of a game’s playerbase (based on stats from other MMOs).

I knew bringing raids to GW2 was a bad idea, but I didn’t realize it was going to be this bad.

Its to be expected, imo, this is ranger we’re talking about.

“The short answer is that new content is not going to drive people away from the game.
There is absolutely no evidence to support that it would.” -AnthonyOrdon

in Ranger

Posted by: Atherakhia.4086

Atherakhia.4086

That’s part of the problem though. The trinity roles are highly polarized. Everyone wants to be DPS, but few want to actually tank. Fewer still want to be a healer. It was this premise that made GW2 so successful because they didn’t deal with these roles. They designed every class to do everything.

Unfortunately they did a horrible job balancing classes so you had things like Necromancers being useless or Rangers having no defined role or purpose for years on end. But at the end of the day, every class could do everything.

What this change did was effectively removed Rangers from the game. You will now be a Druid or you can go home. They need to dramatically scale back the Druid’ healing while significantly improving its offensive capabilities while at the same time improve the healing for the Revnant, Elementalist, and Guardian. This way you spread the healing responsibility better and a player could quickly switch to another attunement/weapon/legend/astral form to heal and then go back to doing what ANet has been telling them they should be doing for 3 years… everything.

in Ranger

Posted by: Aomine.5012

Aomine.5012

If they can fix PEW PEW, and make the damage on par with melee while pew-pewing (and make it PVE exclusive so people won’t complain in PVP), as well as giving “OFFENSIVE BUFFS” to the whole party, then we don’t need that “niche role” to be wanted in the first place.

in Ranger

Posted by: Substance E.4852

Substance E.4852

There are no dungeons in HoT. If all you want to do is kill over world mobs then you can play whatever and do it. You could probably play a zerk Druid and do fine.

This was clearly made for large group content and will be wanted in Raids and WvW/GvG.

The only place this is suspect is in spvp but that is a much bigger issue than just the Ranger’s capabilities.

Connection error(s) detected. Retrying…

in Ranger

Posted by: Eponet.4829

Eponet.4829

I hope you’re willing to invest in zealot’s gear, or apothecary’s for condition damage variants.

in Ranger

Mcrocha.3891

Will the bar for Celestial form function like Death Shroud? So generating life force in DS allows the shroud to last longer. Can we generate celestial energy or whatever through healing and damage while in form to slow the degeneration of the celestial form bar? Or must the bar degenerate completely before we can begin to regenerate the form?

in Ranger

Posted by: Puck.9612

Puck.9612

Am I the only one who thinks the staff and Druid should be condition damage and healer?

Would be too strong..
slam some conditions on and run like a coward while healing and letting the conditions tick on your foes

That would be my guess as to why its not done that way.

I mean…. I’m totally going to do that anyway, I just won’t be using the staff. I agree would have been a lot better off with some condi added to it. Might be able to pull off crit bleeds but it seems to me axe/dagger sword/torch with celestial forms for the heals will still be a hundred times better than bringing staff.

The only reason I might use the staff is if the 3rd skill is actually a teleport and not just a fast movement skill.

Jim Hunter when my other account isn’t suspended