Druid, I told you so

Druid, I told you so

in Ranger

Posted by: anduriell.6280

anduriell.6280

Mainly heal is good, only heal is bad.

i hate being always right.
There is so much a profession can do with so little. Focusing exclusively in heal, same as any other extremely narrowed choice for a profession were any other profession has a variety of options is really bad.

That’s common sense.

At the end we have a profession that does nothing more than heal and even that hasn’t got any wow (not the game) factor.
And the most ridiculous thing is that is not even sustainable, you need the zerg around you to be able to sustain yourself because you only get healing if you heal many others.

And this is my new prediction, if Irenio and the other devs keep ignoring their customer’s feedback and do not deeply fix the Druid ( and by the way the ranger also) to became a viable support focused profession it will simply be not just subpar but also punishing to play with it.

And the revenant Ventari/Shiro will be the healers that are going to raids or PvE. Druid will not.

I TOLD YOU SO
Inverse to Apple: SBeast is the worst yet.. jurl jurl
I’m all in for Team Irenio!

Druid, I told you so

in Ranger

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

I’m sorry I’m all out of gold stars.

Druid, I told you so

in Ranger

Posted by: Knighthonor.4061

Knighthonor.4061

you told us what? because I’ve been doing just fine in PvP

Druid, I told you so

in Ranger

Posted by: Terra.8571

Terra.8571

And the revenant Ventari/Shiro will be the healers that are going to raids or PvE. Druid will not.

Ummm, Ventari/Shiro is worse at boons than druids. Shiro is a very selfish legend and only offers quickness/ personal dps. Ventari has very little boons (gets them from traits mainly, usually in Glint). If Rev’s come as healers, they’ll most likely come as Ventari/ Glint.

Anyways, as someone who is torn between maining Druid and Herald, in terms of healing Druid is 100x better. More sustain (if you can heal 90% of the time that’s sustain to me) and a hell of a lot more burst – no other profession in the game can pull off 16k burst heals (in 1s) every 20s (Guardian’s elite can do 100% heal but is on a 3min cd).

The one thing I do agree with is outside of healing, where the kitten is the dps, particularly on CA form?

Druid, I told you so

in Ranger

Posted by: Exciton.8942

Exciton.8942

If you do nothing but heal on druid, then you play it wrong.

Druid, I told you so

in Ranger

Posted by: Maikky.8526

Maikky.8526

Ummm, Ventari/Shiro is worse at boons than druids. Shiro is a very selfish legend and only offers quickness/ personal dps. Ventari has very little boons (gets them from traits mainly, usually in Glint). If Rev’s come as healers, they’ll most likely come as Ventari/ Glint.

Anyways, as someone who is torn between maining Druid and Herald, in terms of healing Druid is 100x better. More sustain (if you can heal 90% of the time that’s sustain to me) and a hell of a lot more burst – no other profession in the game can pull off 16k burst heals (in 1s) every 20s (Guardian’s elite can do 100% heal but is on a 3min cd).

The one thing I do agree with is outside of healing, where the kitten is the dps, particularly on CA form?

What are you even on – Druid doesn’t even have boons unless you count stealth and superspeed when you get out of shroud

Anywhere where you need heals that “big” are in situations where your going to get 1 or 2 shooted anyway so it doesn’t matter .

Boons > Heal always

Druid, I told you so

in Ranger

Posted by: Haralin.1473

Haralin.1473

Be lucky not to get another AI thing like we engis

Haralin Engineer
[Skol]

Druid, I told you so

in Ranger

Knighthonor.4061

What are you even on – Druid doesn’t even have boons unless you count stealth and superspeed when you get out of shroud

Anywhere where you need heals that “big” are in situations where your going to get 1 or 2 shooted anyway so it doesn’t matter .

Boons > Heal always

yeah with that logic that’s why necromancers use minion heal. Sinxe Since heals arent important. ..

Druid, I told you so

in Ranger

Posted by: Ehecatl.9172

Ehecatl.9172

Maikky, druid isn’t 100% of the build. Rangers were already quite good at producing fury, swiftness, and regen plus group precision and damage buffs that are unique to ranger. If the damage buff glyph is improved, which is likely will as no one wants it in it’s current state, then that’s a third party wide damage boost the druid gets to bring. And since Storm Spirit got buffed a lone druid can allow the team to maintain 15 vulnerability stacks on a boss from one skill.

Druid isn’t as good at boon support as Ventari/GLINT true. But Ventari/Shiro? It’s debatable.

Druid, I told you so

in Ranger

Posted by: Puck.9612

Puck.9612

Boons > Heal always

yeah with that logic that’s why necromancers use minion heal. Sinxe Since heals arent important. ..

That’s the worst argument you could have made. Necro’s use consume conditions because it consumes conditions lol. Or they use the signet for boon stripping and might stacking. Neither is used because it offers superior healing.

Jim Hunter when my other account isn’t suspended

Druid, I told you so

in Ranger

anduriell.6280

Ok just to put things in perspective, because although i don’t play rev i play guard.
Let’s compare 3 identical builds: Druid, Revenant with ventari, Guardian

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vlAQFAmnLbkInEppkJqEaqEIskEgFYNUSA-TRhGwArU/ZnyPAKB5s/oD4r5PA-e

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vNAQFAWm0riEaGAOcWA-TRhGwArU/ZnyPAKB5s/oD4r5PA-e

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vVAQJApel0AhOhYrQwUIQTEG+DlNAqgHIHhV4OA-TRhGwArU/ZnyPAKB5s/oF4r5PA-e

Ventari gives double healing than the druid with the staff. The tablet always heals and heals better. Can clean conditions, procs dazes, 360 degrees projectile destruction and heal heal heal. When you need you change to another legend and do DPS/conditions or whatever you want.

Guardian gives double healing than the druid with the maze. It has more healing with the shield, projectile protection and drop boons plus a decent burning. It heals you for 200 Hp/tick jsut standing there. More healing, aegis, stability. The elite will heal you for 1.5K just for standing around. Full heal if needed.
It can inst ress you. Proc stability, swiftness and whatever you want.

Druid. Heal 80hp if you are in line. Heal 300 if you are making love with your target or with the druid. Needs a target to heal. To cleanse has to get into CAF and that only if the bar is full. Only one glyph that CC but for that the druid has to metastasis with the target.
No DPS. No strong condition. No condition cleanses, no healing presence. No hard counter to CC. Druid only get 69hp (i like that number) heal if he heals.
If you swap to another weapon you won’t be able to get into CAF. Also ranger DPS is very mild.

I TOLD YOU SO

(edited by anduriell.6280)

Druid, I told you so

in Ranger

Posted by: StickerHappy.8052

StickerHappy.8052

Ok just to put things in perspective, because although i don’t play rev i play guard.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vlAQFAmnLbkInEppkJqEaqEIskEgFYNUSA-TRhGwArU/ZnyPAKB5s/oD4r5PA-e

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vVAQJApel0AhOhYrQwUIQTEG+DlNAqgHIHhV4OA-TRhGwArU/ZnyPAKB5s/oF4r5PA-e

Ventari gives double healing with the staff. The tablet always heals and heals better. Can clean conditions, procs dazes, 360 degrees projectile destruction and heal heal heal. When you need you change to another legend and do DPS/conditions or whatever you want.

Guardian gives double healing with the maze. It has more healing with the shield, projectile protection and drop boons plus a decent burning. It heals you for 200 Hp/tick jsut standing there. More healing, aegis, stability. The elite will heal you for 1.5K just for standing around. Full heal if needed.

Druid. Heal 80hp if you are in line. Heal 300 if you are making love with your target or with the druid. Needs a target to heal. To cleanse has to get into CAF and that only if the bar is full. Only one glyph that CC but for that the druid has to metastasis with the target.
No DPS. No strong condition. No condition cleanses, no healing presence. No hard counter to CC. Druid only get 69hp (i like that number) heal if he heals.
If you swap to another weapon you won’t be able to get into CAF. Also ranger DPS is very mild.

Stupidest comparison ever… Why? Comparing an elite spec to a base class… Gg

Champion Illusionist Champion Hunter Champion Phantom Champion Magus

Druid, I told you so

in Ranger

Posted by: aB EXT.1287

aB EXT.1287

The druid allows you the option of healing. This game does not need dedicated healers and trying to build to do so is a waste of your, and your party/zergs time.

I have had a LOT of success with the druid so far, despite the several bugs right now. Even going full zerk with the druid is totally viable, as it allows you to lock down targets extremely effectively, as well as offering some sustain via. some strong healing when you really need it.

It may not work the way you wanted, which sucks for you I’m sure. However, your bait of a title is simply not accurate in any way. The only person you have convinced is yourself due to your bias.

Druid, I told you so

in Ranger

anduriell.6280

Ventari gives double healing with the staff. The tablet always heals and heals better. Can clean conditions, procs dazes, 360 degrees projectile destruction and heal heal heal. When you need you change to another legend and do DPS/conditions or whatever you want.

Guardian gives double healing with the maze. It has more healing with the shield, projectile protection and drop boons plus a decent burning. It heals you for 200 Hp/tick jsut standing there. More healing, aegis, stability. The elite will heal you for 1.5K just for standing around. Full heal if needed.

You did not read my comment. But your comment just reassert my reasons because

The base class GUARD heals better than the Druid, That’s my point.

So if raids need healers they will bring Ventari or Guardian vanilla. Never a Druid.

I TOLD YOU SO

Druid, I told you so

in Ranger

StickerHappy.8052

Exactly… Now compare the ranger base class… Ranger is not designed to heal so all in all the guardian will outheal it.. Duh.. You gotta stop looking stuff out of context.. Druids are there to have a new change of playstyle for ranger.. Not improve something the ranger is not even good at in the first place

Druid, I told you so

in Ranger

Posted by: Zalani.9827

Zalani.9827

I’ve been enjoying Druid a lot personally.

Jadis Narnia-Sylvari Ranger of [EDGE]
Dragonbrand

Druid, I told you so

in Ranger

anduriell.6280

Exactly… Now compare the ranger base class… Ranger is not designed to heal so all in all the guardian will outheal it.. Duh.. You gotta stop looking stuff out of context.. Druids are there to have a new change of playstyle for ranger.. Not improve something the ranger is not even good at in the first place

That comment is completely dysfunctional. It does not address the lack of everything the druid has, you practically are saying the ranger is trash the druid has to be another kind of trash

Give a reason i would choose a Druid for my raid over a guardian or a ventari using the numbers above. Please a reason with some common sense not coz reasons

I TOLD YOU SO

Druid, I told you so

in Ranger

StickerHappy.8052

That comment is completely dysfunctional. It does not address the lack of everything the druid has, you practically are saying the ranger is trash the druid has to be another kind of trash

Give a reason i would choose a Druid for my raid over a guardian or a ventari using the numbers above. Please a reason with some common sense not coz reasons

Why are you so worried about the druid not getting picked? You have never even see what the raids look like.

Besides dont you have any friends in game to do raids so you can play whatever you want?

Druid, I told you so

in Ranger

anduriell.6280

Why are you so worried about the druid not getting picked? You have never even see what the raids look like.

Besides dont you have any friends in game to do raids so you can play whatever you want?

You didn’t gave any reason yet.

I don’t like my friends allowing me the petty spot because i’m no more than a burden.

I TOLD YOU SO

Druid, I told you so

in Ranger

Maikky.8526

Boons > Heal always

So basically other classes can keep themselves alive so we need Druids ? Makes sense

Druid, I told you so

in Ranger

Posted by: Chrispy.5641

Chrispy.5641

@Stickerhappy….
The developers already stated they want the Druid to be THE healer, which negates everything you have posted so far.

@Anduriell…
I agree with everything you said. Druid is not going to work without the appropriate boon support, and while it has the burst healing it brings little else to the table.

Druid, I told you so

in Ranger

Posted by: Recursivision.2367

Recursivision.2367

Druid is amazing in WvW and pretty awesome in Pvp, in my humble opinion. It’s also a lot of fun, in my experience.

Druid, I told you so

in Ranger

StickerHappy.8052

I don’t like my friends allowing me the petty spot because i’m no more than a burden.

Your last statement basically means they are not your friends..,or do you have any?

Druid, I told you so

in Ranger

Maikky.8526

Maikky, druid isn’t 100% of the build. Rangers were already quite good at producing fury, swiftness, and regen plus group precision and damage buffs that are unique to ranger. If the damage buff glyph is improved, which is likely will as no one wants it in it’s current state, then that’s a third party wide damage boost the druid gets to bring. And since Storm Spirit got buffed a lone druid can allow the team to maintain 15 vulnerability stacks on a boss from one skill.

Druid isn’t as good at boon support as Ventari/GLINT true. But Ventari/Shiro? It’s debatable.

“Rangers were already quite good at producing fury, swiftness” are you serious ?

Rangers are outclassed in boon production by nearly half the classes . Guard, War, Ele ect and even then we do sub-par dmg as compared to those classes as well

Your saying spirits like they are actually even usable .

Druid, I told you so

in Ranger

Posted by: kzar.3079

kzar.3079

The developers already stated they want the Druid to be THE healer, which negates everything you have posted so far.

Too bad is that the only way Anet makes rangers viable is giving us a new role no one wanted do begin with. I rolled ranger because I wanted to play ranger and not a healbot. Now if this is the case, if I want to play my ranger in high level contents such as raids I’ll be forced to go druid healing and nothing else. To me, it looks like a flawed design choice honestly.

Druid, I told you so

in Ranger

anduriell.6280

Your last statement basically means they are not your friends..,or do you have any?

That you understood that is interesting. you don’t have many friends in real life i guess.

I should need to explain you that your friends are not people you get advantage from in a selfish and vile way. You are supposed to help in the same way, it’s called retribution.

Still didn’t give any reason of hy should anybody choose a druid over a guardian or ventari and i guess because you can’t.
That’s fine we already stated that druid is a joke like profession.

I TOLD YOU SO

Druid, I told you so

in Ranger

StickerHappy.8052

That you understood that is interesting. you don’t have many friends in real life i guess.

I should need to explain you that your friends are not people you get advantage from in a selfish and vile way. You are supposed to help in the same way, it’s called retribution.

Still didn’t give any reason of hy should anybody choose a druid over a guardian or ventari and i guess because you can’t.
That’s fine we already stated that druid is a joke like profession.

I did. No one has even seen what the raids look like.. So what now? Noone even knows what class mechanics might be used there?

Selfish and vile way for playing a druid? Jeezus this is a game, if they are really your friends they know that you love a certain class and theyll be okay with it. Its no biggie, a no brainer in a sense.

If you insist, then go play your guard then, we dont need you spamming negative threads here

Druid, I told you so

in Ranger

Posted by: Rutee.1058

Rutee.1058

Oh my jesus. Look, even if druid is actually, factually, the absolute worst at healing in the entire game (Which frankly, a lot of your builds don’t establish as well as you think), your friends should be sufficiently decent people to not force you to play a class you don’t want to in PvE. Not a single class, in a single bit of existing content, is so bad that if you have it with you, you will lose. It’s unlikely raids will (I actually have concerns that raids won’t actually require defensive support, but that’s a different matter). It isn’t some horrible drag on your friends to play your favorite class.

None of this means that druid is strong enough, or isn’t strong enough (which I’m actually agnostic on because I don’t really care right now). It means that you either have a warped view on friends and video games, or you are putting forth a warped view because you want bigger numbers for druids.

Druid, I told you so

in Ranger

anduriell.6280

Oh my jesus. Look, even if druid is actually, factually, the absolute worst at healing in the entire game (Which frankly, a lot of your builds don’t establish as well as you think), your friends should be sufficiently decent people to not force you to play a class you don’t want to in PvE. Not a single class, in a single bit of existing content, is so bad that if you have it with you, you will lose. It’s unlikely raids will (I actually have concerns that raids won’t actually require defensive support, but that’s a different matter). It isn’t some horrible drag on your friends to play your favorite class.

None of this means that druid is strong enough, or isn’t strong enough (which I’m actually agnostic on because I don’t really care right now). It means that you either have a warped view on friends and video games, or you are putting forth a warped view because you want bigger numbers for druids.

So i’m right again.
You didn’t need to use so many words.

I TOLD YOU SO

Druid, I told you so

in Ranger

StickerHappy.8052

Exactly.. And he tells me i dont have any friends irl… Bla bla.. Super childish.. I agree with what you said, friends are not gonna force you to play something, the raid might be more difficult but its the experience playing with people is what matters

Druid, I told you so

in Ranger

Knighthonor.4061

I’ve been enjoying Druid a lot personally.

I like it as well. the only people that didn’t like it or the people who were running Berserker druid

Druid, I told you so

in Ranger

Posted by: Curring.9752

Curring.9752

I’m only really weighing in on my personal experience from WvW/PvP (Stronghold) on the Druid v Rev healing.

I’m going to outright say it – Glint/Ventari does it better, despite it’s quirks.

Here’s why – Rev can sustain heal, it doesn’t have to wait up for a bar to do it’s potential healing , all it needs to do is manage energy.
Rev can provide boon HOWEVER the most important one is protection, I can get perma protection on me and my allies which is damage mitigation which is THE biggest contributing factor – 33% less damage taken = 33% less healing needed. (You don’t need to be in Glint for perma prot either)
Ventari can also cleanse conditions much more reliably.

Druid however can burst heal much better, however, on druid I felt like I were in more situations where I needed to burst heal whereas on rev I didn’t really find I needed to burst heal.
Druids potential healing is tied to a form that can only be entered when at full capacity – the heals can change in a clutch situation however the biggest heal is a channel and can easily be interrupted.
Druid has better mobility and CC support – seriously, that 5 second daze is monstrous and they have a fair bit of soft CC.

I feel that there are changes that need to be made to druid – cele form needs a cooldown and you shouldn’t loose all of your juice upon exit, regen needs to charge your juice and a few others.

I managed to heal over 1mil with Glintari (I’m shipping it now) and at best I managed to heal around 700k on druid. Granted, I have a bit more exp on Glintari.

In the greater blob of things, there is only the zerg.
Kittens, Kittens everywhere!

Druid, I told you so

in Ranger

Rutee.1058

So i’m right again.
You didn’t need to use so many words.

Have you actually passed a ToEFL? Because you’re either ESL and bad at it, or an extraordinarily bad reader (which a ToEFL should catch).

Druid, I told you so

in Ranger

Terra.8571

Boons > Heal always

Lol, READ the post. Ventari has NO boons on the legend skills. In its trait line it has only regen (basically healing) and a little swiftness. Ventari has virtually no boons, and definitely no good boons. This puts it on par if not worse than Druid. The good boons are in the Glint traitline, Jalis trait line and invocation trait line and the Glint Legend.

I never said boons weren’t good, I said Shiro/Ventari is a bad support combo because it has no boons. Ventari/Glint is MUCH better.

Also, boons are better than heals now because there are no large heals in this game besides the self heal. Druid changes that and so in the future healing might be much more improtant, we’ll have to see.

Druid, I told you so

in Ranger

Posted by: Aomine.5012

Aomine.5012

Just saying, ranger is never a desirable class in ANY content.

There’re always classes that do better in all game-mode than this base-class ranger.

In dungeon: Ele >> Guardian > Warrior = Thief > Mesmer > The rest.

In WvW: Ele = Guardian = Warrior = Necro >Mesmer >>> rest of the classes.

PVP: Ele = Mesmer > Guardian > The rest.

I seriously don’t know what you’re talking about.

If Druid doesn’t change any of that, I doubt it’s even worth implanting. We’ll wait and see how it goes.

Druid, I told you so

in Ranger

Recursivision.2367

There’re always classes that do better in all game-mode than this base-class ranger.

If Druid doesn’t change any of that, I doubt it’s even worth implanting. We’ll wait and see how it goes.

Can you back that up with some facts?

Druid, I told you so

in Ranger

anduriell.6280

Boons > Heal always

Lol, READ the post. Ventari has NO boons on the legend skills. In its trait line it has only regen (basically healing) and a little swiftness. Ventari has virtually no boons, and definitely no good boons. This puts it on par if not worse than Druid. The good boons are in the Glint traitline, Jalis trait line and invocation trait line and the Glint Legend.

I never said boons weren’t good, I said Shiro/Ventari is a bad support combo because it has no boons. Ventari/Glint is MUCH better.

Also, boons are better than heals now because there are no large heals in this game besides the self heal. Druid changes that and so in the future healing might be much more improtant, we’ll have to see.

Again, that’s not the point. I didn’t even used more than one traitline with the rev.
The point is Ventari is better at healing than Druid using only one trait line. You have another 2 and another legend to make the build you feel like: DPS? Support? Condi?

Just i’d like to read one reason why you would choose a druid over a guardian or a revenant. That lead irremediably to the conclusion that Druid needs to be fixed to make a good support profession.

And after 3 years playing necro and ranger i know we have to make clear that the druid need to be reworked because the class is already subpar to other classes in game. Even the core professions (ele and guard that i know of).

I TOLD YOU SO

Druid, I told you so

in Ranger

Posted by: Ehecatl.9172

Ehecatl.9172

“Rangers were already quite good at producing fury, swiftness” are you serious ?

Rangers are outclassed in boon production by nearly half the classes . Guard, War, Ele ect and even then we do sub-par dmg as compared to those classes as well

Your saying spirits like they are actually even usable .

Frost Spotter is officially part of the current PVE meta according to metabattles.com. Apparently some people can keep their spirits alive just fine.

I’m not a number cruncher but it seems you could just take that build and replace Beastmastery for Druid. Lose some pet DPS and some quickness but gain access to substantially more healing potential and another group damage buff (assuming it gets buffed). If you take Troll’s Unguent you don’t even need to bring the staff as it fills so much of your astral force, and you only need that form for emergency healing.

Storm Spirit could see some use with the easily sustainable vulnerability, but we’d have to wait for someone to math it out to decide if it’s worth giving up an existing utility slot or not. If the ranger/druid can let the team produce that much vulnerability consistently then other professions can take more damage over vulnerability skills.

But that is just for dungeons which don’t matter at all unless you’re trying to break a speed clear record. We don’t know what the raids will be like.

Druid, I told you so

in Ranger

Posted by: Aomine.5012

Aomine.5012

From statistics of the best Dungeon teams, average WvW team formation, and ESL?

But this is excluding the spirit change post September patch. Things may, or may not change after the patch due to some nerfs and buffs.

Druid, I told you so

in Ranger

Recursivision.2367

From statistics of the best Dungeon teams, average WvW team formation, and ESL?

But this is excluding the spirit change post September patch. Things may, or may not change after the patch due to some nerfs and buffs.

My bad! Read that as “Druid is never desirable” for some reason. Thought it was a bit hasty to make that decision >.>

Druid, I told you so

in Ranger

Posted by: KayCee.4653

KayCee.4653

I guess the orginial post didn’t know about the fact that raids are usually two groups… 2 tanks (one guardian like, one maybe warrior or someone else), two healers (a active heal all like Druid, and an off healer), and the rest are dps purely. This is the usual trinity that all raids eventually lead to. Its why I’m not too happy with raids being added to GW2, but at least it should make being 80 with all the PvE content done to be a bit less boring.

However, to say that druid won’t have any place in a raid is rather narrow minded, no offense.

Example I got near my original all zerker dps back on my druid and still heal.

The build I’m using is using the old hard hitting pets, and Beastmastery, and Marksmenship with Druid specialization. the traits are what cause the boost in dps yes… but the boost also comes from the fact I do it like I do all my characters when I initially get 80, I carry around two or more sets of armor… but in this case I didn’t I jumped head long all clerics, but changed the sigils and runes to help boost precision and ferocity instead of focusing on power, or vitality and toughness.

I don’t have a lot of health, but I don’t need it now. Druid I heal both myself and others using the two wisps one that does damage to the target and heals (number 2 skill on staff) and a traited wisp that circles me to heal me a little too when I heal someone else or heal my pet. I also notice when I need my dps back, go to using my either zerker greatsword or zerker longbow and thanks to the boost in damage from both leading the wind and that greatsword/spear trait, I can get near 70% to 75% of my overall DPS back especially if I use the glyph of empowerment and the quickening zypher utility skills.

The numbers are still lower than before since I’ve seen on full zerker 10k most times on 80 level mobs, but using this method I get from 6k to 8k being the highest I’ve seen yet. Yes, that means I’m using the long bow or greatsword base entirely on what is needed for that fight, while leaving the staff on for healing.

Druid, I told you so

in Ranger

Terra.8571

Boons > Heal always

Again, that’s not the point. I didn’t even used more than one traitline with the rev.
The point is Ventari is better at healing than Druid using only one trait line. You have another 2 and another legend to make the build you feel like: DPS? Support? Condi?

Just i’d like to read one reason why you would choose a druid over a guardian or a revenant. That lead irremediably to the conclusion that Druid needs to be fixed to make a good support profession.

And after 3 years playing necro and ranger i know we have to make clear that the druid need to be reworked because the class is already subpar to other classes in game. Even the core professions (ele and guard that i know of).

I understand your frustrations and you only want what’s best for the Ranger class. My post wasn’t trying to insult your initial one, I was just trying to point out the Ventari legend, it’s trait and it’s weapons alone are solely for healing and projectile block from 1 skill. It’s not an elite line but it is a healing line. Comparing the Ventari line with the Druid line isn’t fair because of this, but as both lines are pretty much pure healers, Druid’s abilities (particularly in CA form), make it a much better healer than Ventari.

With Ventari, you might see 800 regen ticks, but you’d be lucky to get a busrt heal over 4k and it’s really clunky to move that tablet back and forth. My experience so far in PvE and the 30mins I got with raids, is the healing (and this is strictly healing), Druid is 100x better than any other class I’ve seen so far.

The problem with druid is, dps, specifically power based dps is rubbish. On top of that, CA form is a one trick heal pony.

Right now, if a healer is needed, and looking how hard the raid bosses are hitting/ some of the mechanics, nothing can fill the hp bar up of allies faster than druid. And time is a huge factor with these bosses because when they enrage they get 500% dps boost.

So you’d pick a druid for it’s heals unless you can dps the boss down with a zerker like meta. If heals are not needed, neither will the druid. If heals are, druid does it the most efficient = least chance of raid wipes. We’ll just have to see where healing goes I guess.

Druid, I told you so

in Ranger

KayCee.4653

I’m not sure what server you on, but on mine Ranger is actually sought after for havoc’ing in particular since two rangers can duo or trio even the castle. Granted, you’ll generally want more for it, but its possible. I’m only up to solo’ing towers. Keeps and castle are still too hard for me to take…

Also depending on your server, most servers I play on don’t care what profession you play on for WvW. Granted, sometimes we need tanks more so than healers and elementalists… but if you can take and tank on any profession like GW2 does allow, then you can be helpful to most WvW zerg parties and havoc groups.

Druid, I told you so

in Ranger

anduriell.6280

I’m not sure what server you on, but on mine Ranger is actually sought after for havoc’ing in particular since two rangers can duo or trio even the castle. Granted, you’ll generally want more for it, but its possible. I’m only up to solo’ing towers. Keeps and castle are still too hard for me to take…

Also depending on your server, most servers I play on don’t care what profession you play on for WvW. Granted, sometimes we need tanks more so than healers and elementalists… but if you can take and tank on any profession like GW2 does allow, then you can be helpful to most WvW zerg parties and havoc groups.

Yeah right, let me guess you play bearbow.
You kitten the supervisor with the LB while your bear tanks for you.
And you pray no other enemy player comes around.
Not a solution not the point

I TOLD YOU SO

Druid, I told you so

in Ranger

Posted by: Zalani.9827

Zalani.9827

Gotta love insinuating about people you don’t know, fun stuff.

Jadis Narnia-Sylvari Ranger of [EDGE]
Dragonbrand

Druid, I told you so

in Ranger

KayCee.4653

Gotta love insinuating, fun stuff.

Yeah funny… Its probably someone I met in WvW that thought cause I had a long bow that they could take me, when in WvW I roam with the longbow out but I never use my long bow unless I need stealth. I use GS for everything, funny… I wreck many people that are dumb enough to think GS is slow, It hits hard and traited and using the speed boost from quickening and pack, its fast.

So, I’m not worried, just someone that is hurt cause they wanted some company to do what they wanted and not what is ultimately good for the community as a whole.

Druid, I told you so

in Ranger

Posted by: Chrispy.5641

Chrispy.5641

Its kind of funny that there’s people posting on here saying that Ranger is in fact useful and wanted. Where the christ were these people for the last three years all the way up until Druid was announced?

Not here defending Ranger, that’s where.

Druid, I told you so

in Ranger

Posted by: Dradiin.8935

Dradiin.8935

Its kind of funny that there’s people posting on here saying that Ranger is in fact useful and wanted. Where the christ were these people for the last three years all the way up until Druid was announced?

EXACTLY !

None of these guys main a Ranger till POP here yah go Rangers go heal…

Druid, I told you so

in Ranger

Posted by: Substance E.4852

Substance E.4852

They are coming out of the woodwork.

I’m not sure what server you on, but on mine Ranger is actually sought after for havoc’ing in particular since two rangers can duo or trio even the castle.

So can literally any other class. None of the WvW Npc’s are tough enough to need a full party to kill and I’ve seen thieves wreck keep lords solo.

Connection error(s) detected. Retrying…

Druid, I told you so

in Ranger

Rutee.1058

EXACTLY !

None of these guys main a Ranger till POP here yah go Rangers go heal…

I got tired of the cancerous community (I frankly consider the Barrens or the Gold Saucer a step up from this game half the time, and that’s pathetic), and was stressed out trying to keep up with the Living STory’s achievements (while trying to advance in the base game’s), so I played different games. I only recently had another class besides Ranger hit 80. Not that it’s your god kitten ed business.