Druid build [Theory crafting]

in Ranger

Posted by: Yunalesca.9850

Yunalesca.9850

Hello fellow rangers and future-druids ^-^,

during BWE3 druid made me wet my pants because I absolutly loooove healing and supporting my team, especially when raids will be a thing in the future.

I made up this build in regards of healing output and team support.

Armor
Cleric all the way for maximum healing output and more sustain. Note that the armor and trinkets in the build are the stuff my ranger currentyl has, so it all can be changed and nothing is set in stone.

Weapon choice
Well, staff is obvious due to the healing skills and as a range option. Second set is sword + warhorn for mobility and evades in melee fights, one leap and one blast finisher for water fields and team support via boons on warhorn #5.

Healing skill and utilities
Healing skill …. yeah, that one was pretty tough as I did the math for both HS and GoR. With the glyph trait GoR provides nice burst healing plus minor condition remove. Whereas HS provides more condition remove, longer healing due to regeneration and therefor more healing.

As for the utilities I choose the two glyphs with the lowest recharge which offer additional healing with VE. Signet of Stone was obvious for more toughness and six seconds of damage immunity. The elite is GoU for additional healing and for team support during CA form.

Traits
Urgh, traits was also a kittene, because I first thought about going Druid/Nature Magic/Wilderness Survival but in WS I couldn’t find any traits which provide healing and/or support for the group. So now it is Druid/Nature Magic/Skirmishing.

Druid is obvious ’cause I want to heal and druid provides the healing I want. Cultivated Synergy for additional healing as well as Verdant Etching for the same reason and condition removal. Lingering Light adds a bit mor healing when it shall come to clustered melee fights, but also Grace of the Land is a viable option if we face condition dealing enemies.

Nature Magic mainly becasue of the minor trait Lingering Magic which increases the duration of the boons given by the pet and the druid. Windborn Notes for addional regeneration, faster recharge for warhorn skills and therefor more regeneration and boon support. Invigorating Bond adds some healingfor melee classes when you stand at range.

Skirmishing was choosen because of two reasons: first was Trapper’s Expertise for reduced recharge on HS and longer regeneration provided by HS. Second thing is Spotter, which supports your team with additional precision when you stand in their range.

Rune and Sigils
Rune of the Monk was my first thought for a healing build with 10% more outgoing healing. Sigil of Water is on both weapon sets for additional healing independent from skill CD and other stuff. also Sigil of Water heals far more than Sigil of Renewal on weapon swap. Sigil of Life for more healing power, resulting in more healing for your group (… if there will be enough trash mobs in raids to get stacks). For the second sigil on staff I choose Sigil of Purity mainly beacuse I couldn’t find any interesting sigil which adds healing, sustain or boons.

TL;DR
Like the title says, it’s a build which provides a lot of healing with boon support – theoretical.

What I want to know is:

• Other ideas regarding trait settings, runes and sigils.
  • Pets that support the build (e.g. Fern Hound for more regeneration).
  • For the future and when we know how all skills scale with healing power: is is wise to go full healing power or will a mix of cleric and berserker be more “viable”?

Thank you all for reading and I reylla appreciate any suggestions, tips, tricks and other information and feedback.

Greetings
Jybril Tinúviël

Yuna Brija – Bunker Chronomancer [TDG]

in Ranger

Posted by: QueenEtna.3580

QueenEtna.3580

pretty similar to what i was using except i was using cleric weps also it works pretty good and anet are gonna buff gear with healing power so this is gonna be viable when actually healing raids lol

80 War, Thief, Mesmer, Ele, Engi, Ranger, Guard and Necro. Main War: Shiva Mahadiva
Server – Maguuma

in Ranger

Posted by: Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

I would not run Fern Hound as its Regeneration will overwrite your own and it will heal for a lot less since it can only have a maximum of 450 healing power. Also, I don’t think you really need a pet to support the healing, you’d be better off sticking to something that does good damage or buffs ie Smokescale and Jungle Stalker. You have so much healing already, it seems redundant. Which also means that Invigorating Bond is fairly redundant, imo. I would swap out. I made a similar build that focused less on the maximising of healing and more on the maximising of boon support while still outputting good heals.

Benevolence is a much better sigil than Life for max healing once you go over about 900 healing power.

Delicious Rice Balls are a food from the Lunar New Year and still pretty cheap on the TP. I bought 1000 when they were like 20c, now they are 4point5 silver, which is still cheap. They add +100 healing power and another +10% outgoing healing. I can see the price skyrocketing because of Druid alone.

So, if you really wanna maximise healing, run with those and you can get a total of +52.5% healing which is, ofc, just insane amounts. I worked out that HS healed for over 30k health in total over the duration of its Regen with half being a burst.