Empathic Bond nerf incoming

in Ranger

Posted by: Durzlla.6295

Durzlla.6295

Oh poor Rangers, your Goddess of nature – Melandru left you alone.

With no blessing of Melandru, no condition removal for Rangers

Rangers are weak in condition removal, LoL.

BTW, when can I have a REAL Ranger with no Pets?

The same time I can have Melandrus Resilience as my elite skill again xD

They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family.
As their mother, I have to grant them their wish. – Forever Fyonna

in Ranger

Posted by: dylan.5409

dylan.5409

I have hit 12k rapid fire on nonbunker characters. Does that make rapid fire deal stupid damage?[/quote]

Yes lol (assuming they were wearing armor). But rapid fire is dodged mostly and has a long channel as well as cooldown. Now if we had a reliable long immobilize while you channeled for 12k, well I would go back to power ranger ^-^

(edited by dylan.5409)

in Ranger

Posted by: Durzlla.6295

Durzlla.6295

I have hit 12k rapid fire on nonbunker characters. Does that make rapid fire deal stupid damage?

Yes lol (assuming they were wearing armor). But rapid fire is dodged mostly and has a long channel as well as cooldown. Now if we had a reliable long immobilize while you channeled for 12k, well I would go back to power ranger ^-^
[/quote]

Dual spiders + muddy terrain will give you plenty of immobilize.

They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family.
As their mother, I have to grant them their wish. – Forever Fyonna

in Ranger

Posted by: dylan.5409

dylan.5409

Muddy terrain maybe could also add a traited spike trap (not sure if it would be worth it though), unfortunately pet cc is not reliable

(edited by dylan.5409)

in Ranger

Posted by: qualm like a bomb.6512

qualm like a bomb.6512

The big change for ranger is they are going to change the class name from “ranger” to “petter” or “farmer”. This way when people who are new to the game choose a class they will have a good description of what we actually do. They may also release the new “Swords to Plowshare” ranger elite. Which turns our weapons into mining picks, harvesting sickles and logging axes.

Qualm – Commander
Grievance [GVNC] – Our drunken WvW is the kitten
Devona’s Rest – Forever Outnumbered & Kittened upon by Anet

in Ranger

Posted by: Substance E.4852

Substance E.4852

The big change for ranger is they are going to change the class name from “ranger” to “petter” or “farmer”. This way when people who are new to the game choose a class they will have a good description of what we actually do. They may also release the new “Swords to Plowshare” ranger elite. Which turns our weapons into mining picks, harvesting sickles and logging axes.

Would probably do more damage than our current Nerfbat gear…

Connection error(s) detected. Retrying…

in Ranger

Posted by: Manekk.6981

Manekk.6981

Muddy terrain maybe could also add a traited spike trap (not sure if it would be worth it though), unfortunately pet cc is not reliable

Spiders are pretty reliable to hit, the imob will work every single time since it’s a venombuff applied on the spider itself that makes the next attack that hits imob, so it always works albeit perhaps not instantly, I’d say it’s more reliable than muddy terrain actually.

in Ranger

Posted by: Sevans.4619

Sevans.4619

Spiders are pretty reliable to hit, the imob will work every single time since it’s a venombuff applied on the spider itself that makes the next attack that hits imob, so it always works albeit perhaps not instantly, I’d say it’s more reliable than muddy terrain actually.

This. This a million times. Both my Jungle Spider’s web ball and his F2 skill are fairly reliable. It’s up to the kitten player to have to react to these skills hitting and making use of them.

There’s a strength to have players not dodge a spider web because it’s coming from behind them when they’re focused on us. We have to make up for that with being solid players with a lot of awareness, since we may not know exactly when it happens either.

Saethe — Favorable Winds [Wind] — Maguuma

in Ranger

Posted by: atheria.2837

atheria.2837

Lmao at another dev saying that hey we’re gonna nerf you now, but “amazing things are coming we just cant tell you about it yet”

rangers need help right now guys.

Biggest problems in this game are the state of Rangers and the “downed state”.

Not keeping all IT jobs here is a major reason IT is so bad HERE. 33y IT 10y IT Security

in Ranger

Posted by: nagymbear.5280

nagymbear.5280

Rangers are like warriors were. Not in a good place, but give them the wrong kind of boost and you will end up with the whole community crying about your class. What we need is a more reliably pet mechanic, better on demand condi clearing, more sustain for power builds, solution to missing mechanic in fights above 5v5

Khert Devileyes – Ranger / Mano Negra – Thief / Nagymbear – Warrior /
Elona Bonechill – Necro / Fionna Gymirdottier – Guard /// RoF