Entangle

Entangle

in Ranger

Posted by: Freky.1903

Freky.1903

So I didn’t know where to put this but I think Entangles description needs to be rewritten.

It says:

Entangle your foe. They are immobile until the vines are destroyed.

But I realized that it doesn’t effect just one foe. So I believe it should be rewritten to:

Entangle your foe and foes near your target. They are immboile until the vines are destroyed.

Cool thanks ^.^

Entangle

in Ranger

Posted by: Durzlla.6295

Durzlla.6295

That’d be misleading, it’d be “Entangle all nearby foes, immobilizing them until the vines are destroyed.”

sorry for being nit picky xD

They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family.
As their mother, I have to grant them their wish. – Forever Fyonna

Entangle

in Ranger

Freky.1903

well I was thinking that as well but technically it isn’t all nearby foes. It has a target range on it and I feel like its more of a target thing then a nearby thing. But I know what you mean it just needs to be changed.

Entangle

in Ranger

Durzlla.6295

well I was thinking that as well but technically it isn’t all nearby foes. It has a target range on it and I feel like its more of a target thing then a nearby thing. But I know what you mean it just needs to be changed.

I think it’s a radius around you isn’t it? because i know i’ve used it without having a target and it’ll just get all the guys near me..

btw, is there a cap on how many people you can grab with it?

Entangle

in Ranger

Freky.1903

idk it doesn’t say anything in the description xD fail

Entangle

in Ranger

Durzlla.6295

idk it doesn’t say anything in the description xD fail

lol entangle y u have so bad description?!?

Entangle

in Ranger

Posted by: Sotaudi.1265

Sotaudi.1265

Sorry, but no. It is a PBAoE (Point Blank Area of Effect) skill. That is, it affects targets in a radius centered on you, not on something you have targeted. Regardless of what you have targeted, it will fire off, engangling targets near you, not near your target. Your current target is irrelevant. Your current target could be out of range or non-existent and you will still immobilize stuff near you.

So Durzlla is right. Suggesting that it entangles targets near your current target would be wrong. It is targets near you.

Entangle

in Ranger

Posted by: takatsu.9416

takatsu.9416

I’d assume everything within the skill’s target range of 600 is affected. Is this true?

Entangle

in Ranger

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

I also want to ask one thing, regarding the bleeding by entangle. at the description, it shows as if entangle does 20-intensity bleed, but when I cast it to a mob, sometimes no bleeding at all, most of the time only 1-intensity bleed… is it bugged ?

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

Entangle

in Ranger

Posted by: Tsohg.1798

Tsohg.1798

It applies the bleed over 20 seconds. It’s not a 20 intensity bleed, thats insanely powerful, but rather 1s bleed reapplied every one second.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Entangle

See that hill? Thats where i’ll be, raining hell upon you.

Entangle

in Ranger

azizul.8469

no.. I already check.. it shows number 20 beside the bleed icon meaning 20-intensity…. my condition damage is 950 points, and at the description of entangled it shows 20-intensity bleed over 8 seconds that does 14k damage….. i tried making screenshot but it does not capture the description….

(edited by azizul.8469)

Entangle

in Ranger

Tsohg.1798

Look at the page I linked

Entangle

in Ranger

azizul.8469

that’s what wiki says, but in-game description says differently…. ok you answer : why is there description saying 14k damage for entangled in my game ?

Entangle

in Ranger

azizul.8469

ok i found the answer to the 14k damage.. the intensity is indeed 20.

the bleeding calculation is like this :

2.5 + 0.5 * Level + 0.05 * Condition Damage= per stack per secon

my level : 80
condition damage : 950

so my bleed per tick = 2.5 + 0.5×80 + 0.05×950 = 90 per stack (intensity)

assuming my the intensity of 20 was correct, bleed over 8 seconds give = 90 × 20 × 8 = 14400k damage…..

so, either the description was wrong, OR the skill is bugged since it doesn’t give that damage….

Entangle

in Ranger

Durzlla.6295

@Azizul the description is NOT wrong, it applies an 8 second bleed, 20 times, when the number is on the condition it means it’s applied that many times, that’s why you get skills like bonfire that say they apply 8 stacks of burning, which does not stack in intensity, nor does it apply all 8 seconds at one time.

The description is not wrong, you’re just looking at it wrong, the skill does apply a 20 intensity bleed, just over 20 seconds, that is essentially a 1 intensity bleed for 160 seconds which is the exact same damage as a 20 stack of bleed for 8 seconds.

Entangle

in Ranger

azizul.8469

@Azizul the description is NOT wrong, it applies an 8 second bleed, 20 times, when the number is on the condition it means it’s applied that many times, that’s why you get skills like bonfire that say they apply 8 stacks of burning, which does not stack in intensity, nor does it apply all 8 seconds at one time.

The description is not wrong, you’re just looking at it wrong, the skill does apply a 20 intensity bleed, just over 20 seconds, that is essentially a 1 intensity bleed for 160 seconds which is the exact same damage as a 20 stack of bleed for 8 seconds.

except that the mob doesn’t suffer the bleeding they are supposed to get when i applied entangled to them

nvm, i found in the ranger bug list, that the skill is indeed bugged….

Entangle

in Ranger

Durzlla.6295

except that the mob doesn’t suffer the bleeding they are supposed to get when i applied entangled to them

nvm, i found in the ranger bug list, that the skill is indeed bugged….

Um… they do suffer the bleeding they’re supposed to because if you haven’t noticed it says it immobilizes them for 20 seconds, yet according to you they should get all 20 immediately…. i’d rather it stay as is because that means if they burn the 8-9 stacks of bleeding they’ll have after 9 seconds then they’ll still get bleeding, where if they burn it at all 20 boom, you lost all potential damage from it.

Entangle

in Ranger

azizul.8469

uuuuuu….. now names calling are we, genius ?

Entangle

in Ranger

Tsohg.1798

When you don’t understand a simple concept that’s been explained to you multiple times, and when you argue when provided an explanation to a question you asked. Yes, that makes you an idiot. Oh, and as a side note, I really, really hope your not from the USA

Entangle

in Ranger

azizul.8469

When you don’t understand a simple concept that’s been explained to you multiple times, and when you argue when provided an explanation to a question you asked. Yes, that makes you an idiot. Oh, and as a side note, I really, really hope your not from the USA

yes..i’m not from USA

Entangle

in Ranger

Tsohg.1798

Okay, then i can look past your poor english. But, as i’ve stated, its a 1s bleed reapplied over 20s. Its better than a 20int bleed.