For the upcoming balance patch

in Ranger

Posted by: Soilder.3607

Soilder.3607

Can we please have the casting time and travel speed of Vine Surge be significantly increased? It’s a very necessary QoL change, since hitting moving targets is nearly impossible.

Also, I, along with many others, think Astral Wisp is a rather weak skill. I’m sure this is a shot in the dark, but I think a redesign of this skill to something that serves the staff great functionality wise would be great. If you don’t want to do that A-net then atleast double the radius of the Wisp.

That is all.

Stormbluff Isle

in Ranger

Posted by: Aury.1367

Aury.1367

Every growing forward AoE has this, its not an issue, its a matter of timing.

in Ranger

Posted by: Dadnir.5038

Dadnir.5038

Well, if they continue to try to improve the pets it will already be a great deal. There is so much work for them in this area…

No core profession should be balanced around an optional elite specialization.

in Ranger

Posted by: Durzlla.6295

Durzlla.6295

If we get some more pet tweaks like last balance pass I’d be ecstatic. And I’m going to be amazed if Druid isn’t needed again, but please anet, make the astral wisp more interesting, maybe have it remove a specific condi or something on its travel path, or make it spin faster, or apply like a stack of poison idk.

They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family.
As their mother, I have to grant them their wish. – Forever Fyonna

in Ranger

Posted by: Razor.9872

Razor.9872

Every growing forward AoE has this, its not an issue, its a matter of timing.

DH longbow 3 says hi.

NSPride <3

in Ranger

Razor.9872

If we get some more pet tweaks like last balance pass I’d be ecstatic. And I’m going to be amazed if Druid isn’t needed again, but please anet, make the astral wisp more interesting, maybe have it remove a specific condi or something on its travel path, or make it spin faster, or apply like a stack of poison idk.

I wish it would either:

Transfer conditions from touched allies to the circled enemy

or

Transfer boons from the circled enemy to touched allies.

NSPride <3

in Ranger

Posted by: OGDeadHead.8326

OGDeadHead.8326

I wish it would either:

or

Or deal damage to the enemy each time the wisp heals an ally (in addition to the first damage dealt).

Oh, and Glyph of Unity (non-celestial) desperately needs attention. At the very least, double the duration and go from there.

Win10 pro | Xeon 5650 @ 4 GHz | R9 280x toxic | 24 Gig Ram | Process Lasso user

in Ranger

Razor.9872

I wish it would either:

or

Or deal damage to the enemy each time the wisp heals an ally (in addition to the first damage dealt).

Oh, and Glyph of Unity (non-celestial) desperately needs attention. At the very least, double the duration and go from there.

On the Glyph of Unity, I would argue that the duration is fine. However, if it is going to remain at that duration, the penalty for hitting the Druid during that time needs to be much greater.

NSPride <3

in Ranger

Posted by: Nefarius.9702

Nefarius.9702

IfAnd I’m going to be amazed if Druid isn’t needed again, but please anet, make the astral wisp more interesting, maybe have it remove a specific condi or something on its travel path, or make it spin faster, or apply like a stack of poison idk.

I always get a watery eye when looking on my traits tab realizing I’m not using beastmastery, which is actually an amazing traitline.

in Ranger

Posted by: EriskRedLemur.7153

EriskRedLemur.7153

If anything I fear a Druid heal nerf not buff/change. Maybe also work on OTHER weaps like short bow… be nice to have a little more variety in Rangers kitten nal.

King Slacker, GM LXS (NA) League of Xtraordinary Slackers
THREAD INFO

in Ranger

Posted by: Lahmia.2193

Lahmia.2193

I’d be willing to be that Ancient Seeds is going to get a cooldown nerf.

Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death.

in Ranger

Durzlla.6295

I wish it would either:

or

Glyph of unity really needs work outside of the avatar state, what would be cool is if condi damage also triggered it, or if you transfered condis from us to our afflicted victims like every 2-3 seconds or something.

in Ranger

Posted by: AnariiUK.7409

AnariiUK.7409

I wish it would either:

or

Glyph of unity really needs work outside of the avatar state, what would be cool is if condi damage also triggered it, or if you transfered condis from us to our afflicted victims like every 2-3 seconds or something.

Even the celestial version of Glyph of Unity is pitiful. It has a cheeky 1 second ICD, so you can’t even use it to burst heal allies up in times of need. The seed it drops from the verdant etching trait literally does more healing.

in Ranger

OGDeadHead.8326

I wish it would either:

or

Even the celestial version of Glyph of Unity is pitiful. It has a cheeky 1 second ICD, so you can’t even use it to burst heal allies up in times of need. The seed it drops from the verdant etching trait literally does more healing.

Yeah, it may be the worst elite in the game right now. I really hope they take a good look at it.
It’s actually so bad, most have probably forgotten this skill even exist.

in Ranger

Razor.9872

I wish it would either:

or

I use it along with Rejuvenating Tides. That works pretty good.

NSPride <3

in Ranger

Durzlla.6295

I wish it would either:

or

Omg… there really is an ICD… why? Why is there an ICD on this skill? The whole thing that would make it good is no ICD…

in Ranger

Posted by: Tragic Positive.9356

Tragic Positive.9356

Omg… there really is an ICD… why? Why is there an ICD on this skill? The whole thing that would make it good is no ICD…

Because if there wasn’t we’d actually have a nice thing. And that goes against the rules.

“Observe, learn and counter.”

in Ranger

Posted by: Crapgame.6519

Crapgame.6519

Because if there wasn’t we’d actually have a nice thing. And that goes against the rules.

Oh, we get nice things. Plenty of times. However, as you know when we get nice things other people start to cry foul and come together to have them taken away. In most cases less than 24 hours have receiving them!!!!!

But you are right…we can not have nice things. And when you run a built you find fun out in public people will party up and say mean and nasty things. So I guess not only can we not have nice things we can’t play the way we want or have fun

Main – Laaz Rocket – Guardian (Ehmry Bay)
Johnny Johnny – Ranger (Ehmry Bay)
Hárvey Wallbanger – Alt Warrior (Ehmry Bay)

in Ranger

Posted by: Draeyon.4392

Draeyon.4392

And then all Druid GMs can be useless.

Seriously though,
I would like to see Celestial Shadow increased to 4 seconds in duration and swapped with Lingering Light

And for the poison traits in WS to be merged. If they create a Singal GM trait, the Master one could be something like using a heal skill grants x affect.
E.g. condition removal, pet revival, Boon application

in Ranger

Posted by: LughLongArm.5460

LughLongArm.5460

No reason to give Ancient Seeds additional CD nerf, it already been nerfed to 10s CD. If they they want to nerf Ancient Seeds ancient seeds, they just need to make it that it will not work with knocked back or pulled, they can even call it a “bug fix” as it not included in the tooltip.
Ancient Seeds+LB4 is realy the only super strong application of this trait as we have very few reliable stuns and KD, and with daze you only need to move to evade it’s effect.

in Ranger

Durzlla.6295

Seriously though,
I would like to see Celestial Shadow increased to 4 seconds in duration and swapped with Lingering Light

And for the poison traits in WS to be merged. If they create a Singal GM trait, the Master one could be something like using a heal skill grants x affect.

How’s Grace of the Land useless? That’s a pretty massive damage buff for your team.

in Ranger

Posted by: Tragic Positive.9356

Tragic Positive.9356

How’s Grace of the Land useless? That’s a pretty massive damage buff for your team.

Balance is always done because of PvP.
… And GotL is useless for PvP. And even for PvE it’s a band-aid that you can’t leave out due to the fact that we have been designed as a role that … doesn’t deal damage … in GW2 … in 2016.
So the massive DPS buff is nothing else but something to make up for their mistake in design and lack of our DPS to begin with.

“Observe, learn and counter.”

in Ranger

Soilder.3607

Seriously though,

Ancient seeds is barely great to begin with. Only two classes have a real vulnerability to it, those being Necromancer and (ironically) Ranger. Most classes will be able to unroot with either random clears, blocks, invluns, movement skills, or stealth.

I would like to see Ancient Seeds no longer summon roots, but instead give your opponent a static amount of immobilize along with bleeding. It would probably be more effective that way.

GotL is a good trait and obviously meta for most PvE content. The only GM which is lacking is Lingering Light, yet I find myself running it often when I want to max healing either for zerging or for PvP.

I think, if anything, Lingering Light should have it’s cooldown lowered to 10s, the time the effect remains on you increased to 4s, and either the base healing or healing scale increased. Remember, the trait used to have a 3s cooldown (which also affects players individually e.g if player one receives healing and the trait player two can too even before player ones CD is up) which honestly was far too low. The nerf quadrupled the cooldown but did not increase the healing to compensate.

If not this, then redesign it.

Stormbluff Isle

in Ranger

Posted by: Artemis Thuras.8795

Artemis Thuras.8795

astral force charging faster from damage, so we aren’t pigeonholed into staff so heavily?

Co-Leader of The Mythical Dragons [MYTH],
Advocate of learning and being a useful party member.
http://mythdragons.enjin.com/recruitment

in Ranger

OGDeadHead.8326

I think, if anything, Lingering Light should have it’s cooldown lowered to 10s, the time the effect remains on you increased to 4s, and either the base healing or healing scale increased. Remember, the trait used to have a 3s cooldown (which also affects players individually e.g if player one receives healing and the trait player two can too even before player ones CD is up) which honestly was far too low. The nerf quadrupled the cooldown but did not increase the healing to compensate.

I’m not even sure how the trait works, since I almost never used it. Is the cooldown per ally healed, or will the cd trigger ‘on me’ as soon as I heal a single ally?

Also, what counts as heals in this game is not very straight forward. Will the healing from solarbeam trigger this trait? Will the trait Cultivated Synergy trigger this trait?

in Ranger

Soilder.3607

I’m not even sure how the trait works, since I almost never used it. Is the cooldown per ally healed, or will the cd trigger ‘on me’ as soon as I heal a single ally?

Also, what counts as heals in this game is not very straight forward. Will the healing from solarbeam trigger this trait? Will the trait Cultivated Synergy trigger this trait?

The cool down is seperate for each ally affected. Solar beam does work with the trait, as does any healing from staff, glyphs, or CA form.

I’m not sure if cultivated synergy will trigger the trait on you.

Stormbluff Isle

in Ranger

Posted by: Wondrouswall.7169

Wondrouswall.7169

I’m not sure if cultivated synergy will trigger the trait on you.

It won’t, because using your healing skill will automatically trigger it on yourself.

Edit: Nevermind. Tested it just now by using a heal before the 12s ICD was off so CS could activate afterwards. It does.

Also, applying regen also triggers Lingering Light (for those that didn’t know by now).

PET PRECISION & DPS TESTS -OUTDATED-
Will update once Path of Fire releases.

(edited by Wondrouswall.7169)

in Ranger

OGDeadHead.8326

Thanks for the info guys.