in Ranger

Posted by: aussieheals.6843

aussieheals.6843

IGN: Aussie Archer

Going to get nerfed hard. Enjoy it 4 now

in Ranger

Posted by: Padapwn.5924

Padapwn.5924

I see a problem with condis not ranger here. And the quality of players your going against.

in Ranger

Posted by: Toby.2357

Toby.2357

I see a problem with condis not ranger here. And the quality of players your going against.

lol. /thread.

Level 80 Kudzu Ranger – SFR

in Ranger

Posted by: SirWarriant.2319

SirWarriant.2319

I don’t really see the issue here. You are still killing slower then LB builds. Please show me how this needs nerfed so badly.

Ullr Thorgislwulf: 80 Ranger Yaks Bend sPvP & WvW
Eladan of Greenwood: 80 Ranger
Elemir Swiftblade: 80 Thief

in Ranger

Posted by: Finalfreefall.8247

Finalfreefall.8247

I’m seconding the OP’s statement, but for different reasons, boons are kinda crazy right now.

in Ranger

Posted by: mistsim.2748

mistsim.2748

it’s a nice little guide but there’s nothing OP about it. you can actually get a lot more damage out of running 2 traps and have pretty much the same survivability. also SB is very underwhelming as it offers very little survivability compare to a/t. thing about this build in general (I ran it for a few hours yesterday as well, with and without traps) is that it just doesn’t have enough resilience to live through all the explosions happening in pvp right now.

(edited by mistsim.2748)

in Ranger

Posted by: Jasher.6580

Jasher.6580

You were killing them super slowly in the videos. lmao. Why would that get nerfed?

in Ranger

Posted by: robertul.3679

robertul.3679

Rangers always had burst bleeds especially with stuff like sharpening stone and earth sigils. Axe stacks bleeds faster though.
Not op, just gimmicky.

in Ranger

Posted by: Ark Bladesteele.2943

Ark Bladesteele.2943

Why would anyone go with s/d over s/t right now? And why bother with shortbow when a/d is so much better? Pet choices were questionable also. With a hawk/eagle and GftE/WS/BW you can inflict blinds and weakness every 5s, and taunt for an interrupt every 15s.

If this was intended to show what needs to be nerfed, it wasn’t very effective.

NSP’s resident crazy-eyed sylvari

in Ranger

Posted by: Fester.9328

Fester.9328

Rangers always had burst bleeds especially with stuff like sharpening stone and earth sigils. Axe stacks bleeds faster though.
Not op, just gimmicky.

Everything about the ranger is Gimmicky!

in Ranger

aussieheals.6843

I had 6 hours of play time to gather footage and played unranked the entire time. Not like I could pick who I went up against. In saying that, I did fight some top players in the vids like Nothing and didn’t struggle at all.

in Ranger

aussieheals.6843

I don’t really see the issue here. You are still killing slower then LB builds. Please show me how this needs nerfed so badly.

It’s killing slightly slower than full power builds and has far superior survivability.

in Ranger

aussieheals.6843

Why would anyone go with s/d over s/t right now? And why bother with shortbow when a/d is so much better? Pet choices were questionable also. With a hawk/eagle and GftE/WS/BW you can inflict blinds and weakness every 5s, and taunt for an interrupt every 15s.

Taunt didn’t sync well with this build there was a better option. Jag has higher crit and build lets pet do 1k+ bleed dmg when it crits. I use the dagger for survivability as opposed to dmg. The build has ample damage and I create builds that are good in every encounter. Same reason for shortbow over a/d. It’s far more reliable, poisons stack nicely and I can keep my character mid range with ease.

in Ranger

aussieheals.6843

A lot of Rangers played it before the patch but with the traits that enhance bleeding damage by 20%, all the pet buffs, Bark Skin improving your toughness above 90% health instead of below 50% and reduced cooldown on an already powerful heal… Survival Ranger went from strong straight up OP. Not to mention quickness

in Ranger

Posted by: Toxsa.2701

Toxsa.2701

What’s the problem then? Compare to insane burning spike from Ele, this is really nothing special. It’s funny that the thief you fought didn’t even use retreat after immobilize.

in Ranger

aussieheals.6843

What’s the problem then? Compare to insane burning spike from Ele, this is really nothing special.

Massive amounts of condi clear, insane amount of evades, huge toughness buff, pet buffs, quickness and stacking 30+ bleeds etc etc etc. It’s the old build on steroids. Try it for yourself

It’s funny that the thief you fought didn’t even use retreat after immobilize.

90% of people I immob through walls don’t realize it’s just happened >.> they panic when I jump them straight after and kill instantly.

in Ranger

Posted by: Tragic Positive.9356

Tragic Positive.9356

Duels last pretty long to finish…
… The ones where the enemy goes down in less than 6 seconds – no stun breaker, no cleanse, they are watching you bomb them in entangle turning their backs on you.

Nothing extraordinary to see here.

“Observe, learn and counter.”

in Ranger

Toxsa.2701

What’s the problem then? Compare to insane burning spike from Ele, this is really nothing special.

Massive amounts of condi clear, insane amount of evades, huge toughness buff, pet buffs, quickness and stacking 30+ bleeds etc etc etc. It’s the old build on steroids. Try it for yourself

It’s funny that the thief you fought didn’t even use retreat after immobilize.

90% of people I immob through walls don’t realize it’s just happened >.> they panic when I jump them straight after and kill instantly.

Seems like a L2P issue if you ask me. When I get hit by entangle, the first thing I do is pressing LR.

in Ranger

Ark Bladesteele.2943

Taunt didn’t sync well with this build there was a better option. Jag has higher crit and build lets pet do 1k+ bleed dmg when it crits. I use the dagger for survivability as opposed to dmg. The build has ample damage and I create builds that are good in every encounter. Same reason for shortbow over a/d. It’s far more reliable, poisons stack nicely and I can keep my character mid range with ease.

That’s fine, but how is shortbow more reliable? How is axe any different in “every encounter”?

in Ranger

Tragic Positive.9356

That’s fine, but how is shortbow more reliable? How is axe any different in “every encounter”?

If nothing else, you know when your abilities are going to be cast.

With Axe – you end the cast at 1/4 and then you have a blank window of 3/4 second doing nothing. And it ruined my other abilities because I timed turning my character a bit too early which ended up in no ability cast and full CD going.

And yes, Axe is different in every encounter. Sometimes more useful, sometimes less.

in Ranger

Posted by: Holland.9351

Holland.9351

Judging by the title, I was expecting to see you condi bomb people and kill everyone within 4 seconds or abuse some kind of obvious bug. Something like that would need a nerf, not this.

in Ranger

Posted by: Sol.4310

Sol.4310

@aussieheals.6843 song request. Is it from a game? or anime or something.

Saizo Sol – Ranger
Twitch – Aussie Streamer

in Ranger

Tragic Positive.9356

It’s a soundtrack from Naruto.

And I believe it’s either Pein/Akatsuki/Madara theme. One of those.

in Ranger

Posted by: Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Not exactly Backstab or Shatter from stealth kinda of damage happening there…

in Ranger

aussieheals.6843

Seems like a L2P issue if you ask me. When I get hit by entangle, the first thing I do is pressing LR.

Definitely

in Ranger

aussieheals.6843

Shortbow fires faster, I have it traited to shoot through targets, you turn and fire faster, it only requires auto attack to mass stack bleeds and hence is much more reliable at restacking them on opponents with a lot of condi clear. To add to this it comes with an evade, interupt/stun and poison shot. All of this with the added safety of extra distance.

in Ranger

aussieheals.6843

Not exactly Backstab or Shatter from stealth kinda of damage happening there…

Not instantly but with a few crits almost instantly. I have a few vods where I do do that but I only wanted to show either 1v1 or outnumbered against me fights because people have a natural tendency to mock the competition in the comments.

It’s crazy the pet can litterly crit 6k and stack a few 1k bleeds all in the same attack. Thats before I even do anything >.>

in Ranger

aussieheals.6843

Naruto OST, Crimson Flames (Kouen)

in Ranger

aussieheals.6843

Duels last pretty long to finish…
… The ones where the enemy goes down in less than 6 seconds – no stun breaker, no cleanse, they are watching you bomb them in entangle turning their backs on you.

Nothing extraordinary to see here.

Yea a few do take a while but you’ll notice 90% of the time that’s because they are being pressured so hard they are running. It’s not extraordinary, it is OP.

in Ranger

aussieheals.6843

Judging by the title, I was expecting to see you condi bomb people and kill everyone within 4 seconds or abuse some kind of obvious bug. Something like that would need a nerf, not this.

I didn’t just want to show those clips because then people will just say they are unskilled opponents. You can’t win lol

in Ranger

Posted by: Gotejjeken.1267

Gotejjeken.1267

Yeah…why would anyone take axe right now? It’s good for might stacking your pet I guess, but that’s about it. There is zero pressure with that weapon.

in Ranger

aussieheals.6843

Not op, just gimmicky.

Everything about the ranger is Gimmicky!

You could literally say that about every class..

in Ranger

aussieheals.6843

Yes, it’s a condi build. Enjoy it before it’s nerfed.

in Ranger

aussieheals.6843

it’s a nice little guide but there’s nothing OP about it. you can actually get a lot more damage out of running 2 traps and have pretty much the same survivability. also SB is very underwhelming as it offers very little survivability compare to a/t. thing about this build in general (I ran it for a few hours yesterday as well, with and without traps) is that it just doesn’t have enough resilience to live through all the explosions happening in pvp right now.

The thing is this build has the ability to restack the bleeds over and over again against condi clear build. A/t has less survivability then bow.. You have to fight close, you don’t have an interupt/stun and no evade, are you drunk lol….. Explosions aren’t an issue I’m either out of range or in combat with sword and dagger evades.

in Ranger

Posted by: Sol.4310

Sol.4310

Condition damage is getting toned down, go read the topic in General Forums from the Dev. I say they will across every class scale back condition damage.

Saizo Sol – Ranger
Twitch – Aussie Streamer

in Ranger

Posted by: Gotejjeken.1267

Gotejjeken.1267

Condition damage is getting toned down, go read the topic in General Forums from the Dev. I say they will across every class scale back condition damage.

Knowing Anet they will do this, when burning is the only issue here.

About stacking bleeds, SB could always do this…

in Ranger

Posted by: atheria.2837

atheria.2837

Yes, it’s a condi build. Enjoy it before it’s nerfed.

I’d like to find a build link to one like it…

Anyone?

Not keeping all IT jobs here is a major reason IT is so bad HERE. 33y IT 10y IT Security

in Ranger

aussieheals.6843

Knowing Anet they will do this, when burning is the only issue here.

That’s my bet

About stacking bleeds, SB could always do this…

Yea but now we can do it with quickness, a lot more toughness, the best access to active condi cleanse and a buffed up pet – Lovn it

in Ranger

Ark Bladesteele.2943

Sorry, but this is silly. I am 100% aware of how and when my axe attacks hit, and I use it to great advantage… in all encounters. Perhaps we should group? I’d love to see how our playstyles match up.

in Ranger

Toxsa.2701

If you can do something like come out of perma stealth + instant 15k damage at the moment you come out, then we can talk about nerf.

Even Warrior got instant chip 75% hp at the moment he comes out of that 20 sec stealth.

in Ranger

Posted by: ceejay.2517

ceejay.2517

If you can do something like come out of perma stealth + instant 15k damage at the moment you come out, then we can talk about nerf.

Even Warrior got instant chip 75% hp at the moment he comes out of that 20 sec stealth.

Thats mesmer was pre-patch also! But gotta remember only a tiny proportion of mesmers can actually play like that! I think thats one of the problems with rangers though, even at a really high skill level there isnt the potential for insane bunkering or insane damage outside of the current condi imbalance.

Psyyy | PvP Necro |