How to fix Ranger in a few steps.

in Ranger

Posted by: Aretak.3826

Aretak.3826

Firstly, make pets OPTIONAL mechanic. Give the ability to perma-stow them and receive f-bar skills corresponding to the animals you selected. Skills that would affect pet pet cooldown or grant benefit from their skills apply to these ones. On top of this a buff to player weapon damage is granted to make up for the loss of a pet though with say 10% less potential dps than with one.

Secondly and linked to this are signets which still need help. Without a pet player gains the active ability by default, and Signet of the Beastmaster increases duration and grants boons on their use. My change ideas:

Signet of the hunt increases damage for a short duration rather than one attack and removes cripple/immobilise/chill.

Signet of stone gives stability and protection rather than invulnerability and is a stunbreaker.

Renewal cures conditions outright and the passive reduces condition duration by 25%.

Signet of the Wild grants precision and the active heals per attack for a short duration)

Third: Spirits function like banners and can’t be killed. However their active abilities destroy them and cool down still only activates after they expire, meaning no 100% up time.

Fourth: Pets dodge when you do, this means they share your energy bar and get screwed over by immobilise too.

Basically what’s really needed is at least the option for less gimmicky AI and more for the player to work with on an active level.

in Ranger

Posted by: cbrooksc.9358

cbrooksc.9358

I’ve read all the same suggestions time and time again. I really think ArenaNet has a projector in the office showing the Ranger forum and just has a good old chuckle every time we suggest some actual good changes.

Aretak – They are some good change suggestions. I cant see them really making the Ranger way more powerful but bringing it up to par with some other classes.
Rather than having the weapon make up for the damage just though it onto our stats.

in Ranger

Posted by: Boomstin.3460

Boomstin.3460

Even few steps are impossible to accomplish when one cannot walk. Some nice ideas though.

All is vain.

in Ranger

Posted by: Unholy Pillager.3791

Unholy Pillager.3791

Optional pets should have been there from the start, especially given the focus of this game. ’Let’s make a combat system all about dodging, then balance one class around an AI companion that can’t dodge!’

in Ranger

Posted by: AydenStar.4216

AydenStar.4216

Reedited quote:

’Let’s make a combat system all about dodging, AoE damage and crowd control spamming, then balance one class around an AI companion that can’t dodge, can’t regeneration well enough, can’t remove conditions fast enough or absorb AoE damage well!’

in Ranger

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

After listening to the newest “Arrow to the Knee”, the biggest fix I think that could help Rangers as a whole is to give us more control over our pets.

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

in Ranger

Posted by: Ghertu.7096

Ghertu.7096

and get screwed over by immobilise too.

Awful. Main point of all pet mechanics – saving potential while character disabled someway.
But i still appreciate idea of sharing energy bar. I remember, some dude wrote on this board that such mechanic is bad because it is forcing rangers to spending their energy for saving pets. Lol, really distorted thinking. For most rangers it only means opportunity to save their pets if attack on ranger lucky coincided with attack on pet. And to dodge things like Kholer’s special attack, that pets just have no way to survive now, of course.
Wanna sleep. My English even worse than usually.